Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities (36221 Views)

AMERICAN Dream Is A Mirage, Only Racism, Poverty-nigerian Asylum Seeker, Ajibola / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Is Canadian Dream A Mirage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Quiny32323: 5:42am On May 31, 2022
Lifepia:

If you confess that you are not in America, then two things are true, one you are a liar or two you are delusional. You are professing information you got from Google as your own. We should be able to use the information from the story of Elizabeth to hold our own leaders accountable to force them to stop the looting and use the excess money from each budget allocation and roll it into the next budge instead of sharing the excess money and use all that money to develop our country to the envy of the world. Nationalism has been erased from our dictionary and it has been replaced by personal gratification and greed at the expense of everyone else. Hence your recommendation for her to conform and stop wailing. God help us.

From your write up,you are the one being delusional and uninformed. If you are planning to hold the crop of politicians we have in Nigeria now accountable then you are living in a different world. You guys are just dat dreaming for expecting the American dream not to have it's torns n setbacks and it seems both of you where thinking that American dream is really a dream where wishes are horses.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by haggai247: 6:26am On May 31, 2022
[quote author=Ishilove post=113308654][/quote]
Why not do research before migration why do people rush to do life changing decisions.
How on earth would you move to Chicago the house of drugs crime and violence na lowkey bundu or abonema be Chicago na except the gated communities there.... thousands of drug heads fraud and crime

A Google search of top 10 violent states in America would have saved her family these trauma.

However, "it's good to die in a place where things work than stay in the shit hole" ipob and agitator.

If you wan leave Nigeria and you no shine ya eye do your research you go turn to philosopher preaching bad news every where you go.

$0000/2
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by OyinNurse(f): 6:48am On May 31, 2022
delzbaba:
you comot for oyo come go settle for chicago south side? you no see better place like pensylvania or maryland go? dem never shoot ur yansh.

Toor
Everybody knows that Southside Chicago is very rough and dangerous but it's not a comprehensive picture of the whole of America

Hmmm

I'm not crazy about living in the US and there is no place like home. BUT my earning power is in America and I will always be grateful for the opportunity of dual citizenship.... Enjoying the best of both worlds..

To God alone be the glory

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by sukkot: 7:38am On May 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

You’re a deluded mfer. How did you expect an illegal asylum seeker from Naija to live American dream without going thru the due process.
Typical Naija mindset of receiving gratification before doing the actual work.

What made her claim asylum seeker when she moved from SW Nigeria.. the most peaceful area in the country? Folks like u gross over the fact that she was an asylum seeker with limited options. Trump and covid made it harder seeking asylum in the US.. and yes S/Chicago was one of their limited options.
american nightmare you mean lmao

see the problem here is that you are not fully vested in chicago for you to appreciate the gangsta way in which it is run. its like me i have never been fully vested in lagos state to know how it is run but yet i hear people swearing and cursing tinubu all the time but i never understood it because i was never vested in the place meaning i had no business or property in the place. however i was speaking to my sister who is fully vested in lagos and has a business and property and she was narrating how tinubus people came to tear down and throw away her business sign. am like really ? why ? she says to have any sign up in lagos state you have to pay money to tinubu. i was shocked. now her husband has land in jakande lekki and tinubu was trying to take the land from him and he had to fight the case in court for like 4 years. whats my point ? you can only appreciate how gangster a place is run when you have properties and business in the place. thats why you dont know chicago because you are most likely just a nigeran grunt renting an apartment and looking for work. you dont own property or business in chicago. i know guys who own business on roosevelt avenue 1200 south and every month government mobsters come to shake them down for protection money. i know people who own property and the mobsters would jack up and double property tax so as to kick you out and take your property. this is how chicago is run but you need to be a business owner or property owwner to see the gangsterism. i mean look at the former mayor below of over 22 years ? how do yo become the mayor for 22 years ? only in chicago the corrupt city. this nigga takes pride in dressing like al capone the gangsta. look at the al apone hat he is wearng ? all gangsters. people are tired of the corruption and gangstersm and are runnng away from chicago. most corrupt city in america for 3 years in a row now.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by mixter(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2022
lionlee216:
I[b]'m from ibadan, Oyo state[/b] and I live on the South side of Chicago too and doing well for myself by God's Grace . so many Nigerians that live here too.
GSM has a post for you. You want abi you no want?
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 9:28am On May 31, 2022
TWoods:

That’s just idiocy to assume I watch Fox News. I don’t, but do not support part of south Chicago essentially becoming a sanctuary city for illegals, who definitely contribute to crime. There is a clear correlation… the more white an area is, the less violent crime. You can whine about Fox News all you want.
You keep believing you own lies. What at arrogant display of sophisticated idiocy.

Violent crimes are mostly committed by legal residents and residents. TX has the largest of refugees in the US while Mississippi has the highest gun death in the country. There is no correlation except in your head.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/slideshows/states-with-the-most-refugees?slide=11

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/05/26/politics/gun-violence-data-what-matters/index.html

Your feelings are not facts.
Chicago is not in the top 15 of cities with the most violent crimes/homicide.. your feelings are not facts.
Gary IN has more violent crimes than Chicago, how many immigrants live there?

Sticking to the subject, Chicago is well suited for the OP cos asylum seekers dont have it easy any where.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 9:36am On May 31, 2022
sukkot:
american nightmare you mean lmao

see the problem here is that you are not fully vested in chicago for you to appreciate the gangsta way in which it is run. its like me i have never been fully vested in lagos state to know how it is run but yet i hear people swearing and cursing tinubu all the time but i never understood it because i was never vested in the place meaning i had no business or property in the place. however i was speaking to my sister who is fully vested in lagos and has a business and property and she was narrating how tinubus people came to tear down and throw away her business sign. am like really ? why ? she says to have any sign up in lagos state you have to pay money to tinubu. i was shocked. now her husband has land in jakande lekki and tinubu was trying to take the land from him and he had to fight the case in court for like 4 years. whats my point ? you can only appreciate how gangster a place is run when you have properties and business in the place. thats why you dont know chicago because you are most likely just a nigeran grunt renting an apartment and looking for work. you dont own property or business in chicago. i know guys who own business on roosevelt avenue 1200 south and every month government mobsters come to shake them down for protection money. i know people who own property and the mobsters would jack up and double property tax so as to kick you out and take your property. this is how chicago is run but you need to be a business owner or property owwner to see the gangsterism. i mean look at the former mayor below of over 22 years ? how do yo become the mayor for 22 years ? only in chicago the corrupt city. this nigga takes pride in dressing like al capone the gangsta. look at the al apone hat he is wearng ? all gangsters. people are tired of the corruption and gangstersm and are runnng away from chicago. most corrupt city in america for 3 years in a row now.
Typical anecdotal alarmists.. How did you know about me? So a coat is what makes a person a mafia? Has any mayor been indicted in the last 30yrs?
Naija folks and conspiracy theorists are married.. lol. There is no term limit so the mayor ran for multiple times and won.. every ekevtion he had an opponent. So take ur fallacy to beer parlour group chat
I have owned businesses in the city for decades and know a lot of Nigerian business owners.. nobody has harassed them.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Originalsly: 9:53am On May 31, 2022
They are in the US through smartness... as squatters.... no papers.... chose one of the worst neighbourhoods in the US.... what do they expect ? She is still in High School..... with another delusion.... making it. Schooling up to high school is a must... regardless of immigration status. After school.... papers required. What is she going to say then? ....shout racism is preventing her from achieving her dreams?

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by ogbuefi677(m): 10:41am On May 31, 2022
Zekrayer:
na so. Anti-Americanism. People who have failed all their lives to upgrade their existence who feed on " Western-negatives ". Focus on your generational poverty
This op is one the most useless things on earth.
Always focusing on d negatives of great people and things.
For every one black immigrant in America who didn't make it,there are at least 50 who are all doing well.
I've a sibling and many of my wife's relatives who are all doing terribly well in America,it has been success stories all d way.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 11:42am On May 31, 2022
ogbuefi677:

This op is one the most useless things on earth.
Always focusing on d negatives of great people and things.
For every one black immigrant in America who didn't make it,there are at least 50 who are all doing well.
I've a sibling and many of my wife's relatives who are all doing terribly well in America,it has been success stories all d way.
Not only that. OP is stateless and seeking asylum.. she’s dealt the hardest card.. they’re gonna be in tight situation until their asylum status is approved

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by ogbuefi677(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2022
BigIyanga:

Not only that. OP is stateless and seeking asylum.. she’s dealt the hardest card.. they’re gonna be in tight situation until their asylum status is approved
grin
I was referring to the person who posted d story here.
Not the individual in d story
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Majestybaba92(m): 1:19pm On May 31, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

America na God's own country truly truly if you get the right info and know your way.

If na only the gun violence, I go manage am like that dey careful where I dey enter and the kind neighbourhood wey I go stay.

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too

follow for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

https://www.nairaland.com/7145274/re-abroad-life-not-easy

Abeg, anybody wey get legit way to jakpa come America, you better take am oh...

Sweet and blessed country.

I dey come to write more..make I drive reach work first.

Modified:

You see all these spoilt, lazy, and rotten brats, if you listen to them mislead you or successfully make you keep away from competing with them out of wickedness and envy, na you sabi.

This kid could be a privileged rotten kid back home in Nigeria who probably had a whole room to herself with a driver to chauffeur her back and fro wherever she goes without much of an understanding to the fact that "nyansh dey pepper egg wey dey lay egg wey she dey chop".

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

The idiot even went on to say their condition improved when their asylum was approved. They should have sought the asylum in Nigeria na..

Talking about her parents doing long hours of work. It's evil and ungrateful to God and nature to make such complaints. Now it isn't the lack of jobs oh but the long hours of job. The question people of sound mind should ask are:

* What is the hourly wage
*Do you get owed or short paid for these jobs?
* Are these jobs back-breaking or hard jobs?
* What are the general working conditions of these jobs?

Only wicked and selfish people will tell you America is bad, unsafe, and hard to survive.

Very wicked and mean people.

Even if you find a job with an agency paying $10-12 per hour, you have enough hours to work if you want and can do the job to take in as much as $4k per month.

Now, you can imagine how much a direct staff at the same job who knows what brought him to the US will take home.

Na so all of them dey collect and drive big big new cars because work hours dey to dey pay monthly na all these enjoyment dem no want make people come enjoy with them.

My dear people, there is so much work and less hands such that na me dey reject hours because I need to rest but when I dey my bed I no dey fit rest because my mind go dey calculate how much I dey miss because I want siddon for my bed.

One thing though, it depends on the people you met when you got in and the information you had before making the moves.

One can successfully live and work in the US for 100 years and more as an alien without the right documents so long as you stay away from trouble and keep to the rules.

The system is aware of this fact that loads and loads of illegals abound in the country and of course, are doing the jobs their people won't do which are jobs in very critical sectors and the authorities turn the other way so long as the jobs get done in a timely manner and the economy/system keeps spinning.

In my 1 month that I've been here, Na God bless America I dey take sing every morning...

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Na to work move all my family if possible, my entire clan comot from that dustbin called country.

When I step out from airport, na cry I cry go reach where I dey go inside train when my eye see wetin country and living suppose look like.

May all Nigerian evil leaders both past, present, future, and the ones in the grave continue to rot in hell....

Demons...

I pray for every Nigerian to experience life outside of Nigeria, particularly to the first world countries to understand the difference between life and living.

10 bottles of Heineken for you boss
I so much love this write up. You are a real hustler
That’s what one of my cousin told me, he said anyone that tells me that life is hard in America is Joking. He said their is plenty of money to be made as long as you are not lazy. That he makes up to $5000 in a month as a Nursing assistant. Now the guy just joined the US army. This prompted me that I must move to the US or Canada despite married with two kids already. I need better life for my family. I really need much info from you boss
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Majestybaba92(m): 1:26pm On May 31, 2022
Dawn91:
HERE WE GO

A THREAD FOR THOSE DENIED AMERICAN VISA

A THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HABE BEEM LIVING ILLEGALLY AND WHEN DEPORTED FINALY IPEN THREADS LIKE THIS

A THREAD FOR THISE EHO CAN NEVER AFFIED TO TRAVEL OUT.

They want to come and tell us how bad racism is, as if the tribalism I face for being an Edo Christian isn't worse. Ask the Ibo let them tell you what levels of tribalism ,hatred and marginalisation they gave from Yoruba and Hausa!

They want to tell us how bad gun violence is in America yet here in Nigeria over a hundred citizens are killed daily across Nigeria. At least in America they capture all violence .. in my Edo state I know how many cultists fall each other dialy but it's no longer news and you want to come and tell me about gun violence in AMERICA ? GO TO port Harcourt and see how many of themselves they kill daily over Bunkering, cultism, drugs, , yahoo, clout etc , go to the North let the Northern Christians tells you how they ar evening wiped from the face of the earth and this dolt wants to tell me about gun violence In America.

What is good about Nigeria ? Name.one thing... Only idiot will follow bitter deported depressed people who tell you AMERICA IS NOT GOOD. Tell them to stay here on Nigeria and leave you alone .

They tell you dreams font come through in America yet dreams for first in Nigeria

I have never seen a more dleuded saddistic narcissistic race than Nigerians deported or too poor to travel to America!! They hate the land of the free so much and it's their problem.

See I have lived in America from the projects in three kings in Brooklyn to the splendor or Dade country Miami. Words cannot ever describe what it means to live in America..m it's is paradise on earth . Don't follow these saddists who mostly travkled without papers or while there couldn't discipline themselves enough to be faithful to their partner until they get their papers ...

These people are sent by satan to kill your morale .. If you can japa do it... Get out, run , Nigeria is cursed... Run far and America is the easiest country on earth to go from nobody to somebody.

Just be smart ,honest, hard working and focused. Alot of Nigerians are their romaing the hoods jobless and refuse to return, they join gangs and enter the gang life because that's where easy money is but that's also where they waste away for ever.

When you see threads like this just ignore them, they are trash sponsored by hate and bitterness...

Whomin their right mind compares America to Nigeria,?! compare Nigeria with her Mayes like Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya! These 3 countries are far better than Nigeria...

Dig deep and find a deported visa rejected saddist grin

Hafa Ovbiedo kpataki
Your brother need info
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Ceasardgreat(m): 1:36pm On May 31, 2022
You mean chiraq! Iraq? Oh! That's the ghetto of ghettos in Chicago. If you know about rapper cheef keef, lil durk, king Von etc..you'll understand better.... For others wondering hit YouTube and check out living in the southern side of Chicago you'll know better..Gun violence at its peak
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by AlphaTaikun: 9:14pm On May 31, 2022
ednut1:
All these ungrateful delusional people. Why not come back
@ednut1, you didn't read her article properly.

She's NOT being ungrateful and delusional. The teenager only gave the TRUE situation of drug-fuelled violence, and her family's status in the South Side of Chicago. The South Sides of Atlanta and Houston too have gangs and gun violence.

Most U.S. South Side areas are usually violent. Better to live or stay outside these areas and white supremacist areas as well to enjoy the U.S.

Folks coming over to the U.S. must do their due dilligence on the safe and unsafe areas of each U.S. city that they want to move to and the cost of living to avoid getting stuck in bad living conditions. Period.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by bluefilm: 9:19pm On May 31, 2022
This life no just balance at all.

People wey dey Yankee dey talk say Yankee no be am.

Meanwhile pesin wey neva go Yankee wan sell im papa land make im enta Yankee

So na who we go come believe now?
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 2:30am On Jun 01, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

She's NOT being ungrateful and
delusional. The teenager only gave the TRUE situation of drug-fuelled violence, and her family's status
in the South Side of Chicago. The South Sides of Atlanta and Houston too have gangs and gun violence.

Most U.S. South Side areas are usually violent. Better to live or
stay outside these areas and white supremacist areas as well to enjoy the U.S.

Folks coming over to the U.S. must
do their due dilligence on the safe and unsafe areas of each U.S. city that they want to move to and the cost of living to avoid getting stuck in bad living conditions. Period.

All the best.

What better due diligence could they have done as asylum seekers with limited options?.. Maybe people lied to them.. There is no American dream for asylum seekers until you get your papers.. Given the fact that they came from SW-the most peace region in the country... their chances of denial are very high...someone from
Sambisa area stands a better chance .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 01, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

Only one who has lived in the US will understand your fears.

I shake my head at the ignorant response I have been reading.

Hugs to you and God keep on keeping you and yours.
Keep shaking your ignorant head there, till it falls, if you like keep being deceived by Nigerian sadists. I, My mother and half of my family are scattered all over the US, they will laugh if they can read your comment. Na person wey dey live for naija dey comment about insecurity? Forget talk, WE ARE IN HEAVEN. You all are clowns.

It is only Nigerians I’ve seen that do this, every other race of people are always grateful for the American opportunity. All of us are afraid to even step foot in our former countries. Including these hypocrites talking rubbish as if crime doesn’t exist everywhere.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Bobmarie:
Keep shaking your ignorant head there, till it falls, if you like keep being deceived by Nigerian sadists. I, My mother and half of my family are scattered all over the US, they will laugh if they can read your comment. Na person wey dey live for naija dey comment about insecurity? Forget talk, WE ARE IN HEAVEN. You all are clowns.

It is only Nigerians I’ve seen that do this, every other race of people are always grateful for the American opportunity. All of us are afraid to even step foot in our former countries. Including these hypocrites talking rubbish as if crime doesn’t exist everywhere.

Congratulations on you and your family staying in America. Its an achievement for you and I'm truly happy for you..

Just as you are entitled to your opinion so am I.

You chose to be deliberately obtuse and shortsighted as well as abusive over my opinion and I wonder why is he triggered??

Congrats on the greatest achievement your generation will ever achieve.

Leave me to think as I so wish.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

Congratulations on you and your family staying in America. Its an achievement for you and I'm truly happy for you..

Just as you are entitled to your opinion so am I.

You chose to be deliberately obtuse and shortsighted as well as abusive over my opinion and I wonder why is he triggered??

Congrats on the greatest achievement your generation will ever achieve.

Leave me to think as I so wish.
If calling you ‘ignorant’ is verbal abuse to you, you need to take adult English classes. Your opinion is ignorant, and hypocritical, that you have an opinion doesn’t mean a person can’t counter it.

Greatest achievement my generation will ever achieve? I am trying to educate you on your ignorance, you want to start throwing unmerited insults to my family? Down to my generation? See this pathetic frustrated soul. I will not come down to your level to drag your family into this, you are the pig here.

My dear, you are not just a big fool; you are bitter one like the rest.

Bros/Lady, I have left you to believe what you wish, die in Nigeria, e no concern us for here.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by PeachtreeReside(f): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2022
Bobmarie:
If calling you ‘ignorant’ is verbal abuse to you, you need to take adult English classes. Your opinion is ignorant, and hypocritical, that you have an opinion doesn’t mean a person can’t counter it.

Greatest achievement my generation will ever achieve? I am trying to educate you on your ignorance, you want to start throwing unmerited insults to my family? Down to my generation? See this pathetic frustrated soul. I will not come down to your level to drag your family into this, you are the pig here.

My dear, you are not just a big fool; you are bitter one like the rest.

Bros/Lady, I have left you to believe what you wish, die in Nigeria, e no concern us for here.

Congratulations once again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abi?

You are the one filled with bile and bitterness over my opinon. You are also the pig.

Are you sure you are based in the US as you claimed?

I understand you well. If suddenly you come from abject suffering into prosperity, you develop this silly sense of entitled superiority.

My dear, I understand your psyche very well and I ain't hating on you.

Namaste!
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

Congratulations once again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abi?

You are the one filled with bile and bitterness over my opinon. You are also the pig.

Are you sure you are based in the US as you claimed?

I understand you well. If suddenly you come from abject suffering into prosperity, you develop this silly sense of entitled superiority.

My dear, I understand your psyche very well and I ain't hating on you.

Namaste!

Get lost abeg
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by ednut1(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

She's NOT being ungrateful and
delusional. The teenager only gave the TRUE situation of drug-fuelled violence, and her family's status
in the South Side of Chicago. The South Sides of Atlanta and Houston too have gangs and gun violence.

Most U.S. South Side areas are usually violent. Better to live or
stay outside these areas and white supremacist areas as well to enjoy the U.S.

Folks coming over to the U.S. must
do their due dilligence on the safe and unsafe areas of each U.S. city that they want to move to and the cost of living to avoid getting stuck in bad living conditions. Period.

All the best.

they probably lied to get asylum by the way. She is ungrateful. Shikena

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2022
Bobmarie:
Get lost abeg

Right back at you hon!
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Hassanmaye(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
nabeelbabs:
Replies on this page are saddening and funny as well grin

I just shake my head cus i know shes telling nothing but the truth.

Alot of people think its all rainbows outside Nigeria, they think immediately you "Japa" you make it. This is a common stupid silly throught from people who never traveled abroad.

Yes of course there are opportunities out their but is not always. Dont be surprised you will be a victim of racial profiling and discrimination, check the rates of unemployment of African American in the us you'll be shocked. Even if you lucky to get a job, taxes, rent, bills will leave you drained. Only then you will realize working there is slavery.

Except if your parents are wealthy, influential, have good connects OR God decides its your destiny to make it outside, But for a poor or local man to "japa" , you will live abroad for 50 years, come back with nothing to show.

Its what we say in hausa "ka sake reshe ka kamo ganye" grin
Allah mutumina
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2022
Majestybaba92:

10 bottles of Heineken for you boss
I so much love this write up. You are a real hustler
That’s what one of my cousin told me, he said anyone that tells me that life is hard in America is Joking. He said their is plenty of money to be made as long as you are not lazy. That he makes up to $5000 in a month as a Nursing assistant. Now the guy just joined the US army. This prompted me that I must move to the US or Canada despite married with two kids already. I need better life for my family. I really need much info from you boss

No be lie oh...

Na to apply for and get visa first oh.

The Visa no get short cut or say person go do am for you oh.

Na you go apply direct by yourself...once you get am, fit pass their airport come out, your own don dey set be that.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Tonim(f): 4:05am On Jun 02, 2022
Ok
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Majestybaba92(m): 4:12am On Jun 02, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

No be lie oh...

Na to apply for and get visa first oh.

The Visa no get short cut or say person go do am for you oh.

Na you go apply direct by yourself...once you get am, fit pass their airport come out, your own don dey set be that.

Thanks brother!
So nothing like agent
Na to do am myself
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2022
Majestybaba92:

Thanks brother!
So nothing like agent
Na to do am myself

You can do it yourself of you put your mind to it.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by HRprof: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2022
haggai247:

Why not do research before migration why do people rush to do life changing decisions.
How on earth would you move to Chicago the house of drugs crime and violence na lowkey bundu or abonema be Chicago na except the gated communities there.... thousands of drug heads fraud and crime

A Google search of top 10 violent states in America would have saved her family these trauma.

However, "it's good to die in a place where things work than stay in the shit hole" ipob and agitator.

If you wan leave Nigeria and you no shine ya eye do your research you go turn to philosopher preaching bad news every where you go.

$0000/2
You forget to add this : Boko Haram, skull miner, headsmen, bandit etc .
Meanwhile Nigeria will work if we vote the right candidate this coming election 2023
Vote wise !!!
Vote Peter Obi !!!
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by haggai247: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2022
HRprof:

You forget to add this : Boko Haram, skull miner, headsmen, bandit etc .
Meanwhile Nigeria will work if we vote the right candidate this coming election 2023
Vote wise !!!
Vote Peter Obi !!!
Who dey decieve you peter obi Tinubu amechi atiku lawal are all there for their reasons
Nigeria cannot work even if Jesus and Mohamed become the president and vice
Reason is because we have more things dividing us than thing that unite us.

Face the reality

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Beautiful Photos From Abia State / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.