Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities (36199 Views)

AMERICAN Dream Is A Mirage, Only Racism, Poverty-nigerian Asylum Seeker, Ajibola / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Is Canadian Dream A Mirage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by priestcharm(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2022
America is a systemic state or nation where everything is well planned. Despite her being a developed country, there are areas that is still developing like Africa. Why not move to other states where things are much better. Life is also easier in some states. Like someone suggested, Naija is still your home. If you find things hard over there, why not come back home?

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Mtcheeewww...tell her now to come back to Nigeria, and see her shakes her head in refusal immediately.

She should stop talking nonsense and complaining. If she finds life there so unbearable, she should relocate back to her paradise Nigeria.

A lot of people would do everything to be in her position. [[s]s]It's better to suffer in a country you're not a citizen than to suffer in a country you're a bonafide citizen, [/s][/s]which many Nigerians are currently experiencing in this shithole.

I wish Americans were like me, they will immediately deport her useless ass back to her Eldorado Nigeria. You can't come and benefit so much in my country then still had the guts to write rubbish about the country you benefitted so much from. ingrate.

Think before hitting keyboard
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by maysimsimple(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2022
Thanks boss,God be with u and your family.. You don't migrate from Naija and gonyo live in Southside Chicago, that's a suicide

IPIGMODS:

Hey, I can't fault you bro, America is still the land of opportunity. Good luck.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 3:25pm On May 30, 2022
Schifo:
The best country in the world . There is what you call”””small beginnings “. Whatever you plant is what you reap. Thank you for your insight.

quote author=Artiiclebeast post=113309399]Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

America na God's own country truly truly if you get the right info and know your way.

If na only the gun violence, I go manage am like that dey careful where I dey enter and the kind neighbourhood wey I go stay.

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow
for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

https://www.nairaland.com/7145274/re-abroad-life-not-easy

Abeg, anybody wey get legit way to jakpa come America, you better take am oh...

Sweet and blessed country.

I dey come to write more..make I drive reach work first.

Modified:

You see all these spoilt, lazy, and rotten brats, if you listen to them mislead you or successfully make you keep away from competing with them out of wickedness and envy, na you sabi.

This kid could be a privileged rotten kid back home in Nigeria who probably had a whole room to herself with a driver to chauffeur her back and fro wherever she goes without much of an understanding to the fact that "nyansh dey pepper egg wey dey lay egg wey she dey chop".

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

The idiot even went on to say their condition improved when their asylum was approved. They should have sought the asylum in Nigeria na..

Talking about her parents doing long hours of work. It's evil and ungrateful to God and nature to make such complaints. Now it isn't the lack of jobs oh but the long hours of job. The question people of sound mind should ask are:

* What is the hourly wage
*Do you get owed or short paid for these jobs?
* Are these jobs back-breaking or hard jobs?
* What are the general working conditions of these jobs?

Only wicked and selfish people will tell you America is bad, unsafe, and hard to survive.

Very wicked and mean people.

Even if you find a job with an agency paying $10-12 per hour, you have enough hours to work if you want and can do the job to take in as much as $4k per month.

Now, you can imagine how much a direct staff at the same job who knows what brought him to the US will take home.

Na so all of them dey collect and drive big big new cars because work hours dey to dey pay monthly na all these enjoyment dem no want make people come enjoy with them.

My dear people, there is so much work and less hands such that na me dey reject hours because I need to rest but when I dey my bed I no dey fit rest because my mind go dey calculate how much I dey miss because I want siddon for my bed.

One thing though, it depends on the people you met when you got in and the information you had before making the moves.

One can successfully live and work in the US for 100 years and more as an alien without the right documents so long as you stay away from trouble and keep to the rules.

The system is aware of this fact that loads and loads of illegals abound in the country and of course, are doing the jobs their people won't do which are jobs in very critical sectors and the authorities turn the other way so long as the jobs get done in a timely manner and the economy/system keeps spinning.

In my 1 month that I've been here, Na God bless America I dey take sing every morning...

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Na to work move all my family if possible, my entire clan comot from that dustbin called country.

When I step out from airport, na cry I cry go reach where I dey go inside train when my eye see wetin country and living suppose look like.

May all Nigerian evil leaders both past, present, future, and the ones in the grave continue to rot in hell....

Demons...

I pray for every Nigerian to experience life outside of Nigeria, particularly to the first world countries to understand the difference between life and living.

You are welcome.

Find a legit way, go for it. You'd be glad you did.

The country is just too big and blessed not to be able to accommodate you.

Very loving and carefree people too for the most part.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Karlovych: 3:25pm On May 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Babe!
I go enter Naija around August..
I will be visiting an old friend around Plaza area..
Make we try see naaaa... Chat me up!
They will soon kidnap you cheesy cheesy
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Le2money(m): 3:26pm On May 30, 2022
Infact, God no go suffer this fingers wey u take type this long msg for others to read.....even here in UK ......they will bombard u with work, na u go dey even run from work sev. The sweet thing be say, na as u work reach, naso u go collect pay reach.....people are earning more than £5,000 here monthly......naso one Yeye person go hide behind his/her keypad and type rubbish for others to read. And the slowpokes go see am as correct information

Schifo:
The best country in the world . There is what you call”””small beginnings “. Whatever you plant is what you reap. Thank you for your insight.

quote author=Artiiclebeast post=113309399]Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

America na God's own country truly truly if you get the right info and know your way.

If na only the gun violence, I go manage am like that dey careful where I dey enter and the kind neighbourhood wey I go stay.

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow
for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

Modified:

You see all these spoilt, lazy, and rotten brats, if you listen to them mislead you or successfully make you keep away from competing with them out of wickedness and envy, na you sabi.

This kid could be a privileged rotten kid back home in Nigeria who probably had a whole room to herself with a driver to chauffeur her back and fro wherever she goes without much of an understanding to the fact that "nyansh dey pepper egg wey dey lay egg wey she dey chop".

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

The idiot even went on to say their condition improved when their asylum was approved. They should have sought the asylum in Nigeria na..

Talking about her parents doing long hours of work. It's evil and ungrateful to God and nature to make such complaints. Now it isn't the lack of jobs oh but the long hours of job. The question people of sound mind should ask are:

Only wicked and selfish people will tell you America is bad, unsafe, and hard to survive.

Even if you find a job with an agency paying $10-12 per hour, you have enough hours to work if you want and can do the job to take in as much as $4k per month.

Now, you can imagine how much a direct staff at the same job who knows what brought him to the US will take home.

Na so all of them dey collect and drive big big new cars because work hours dey to dey pay monthly na all these enjoyment dem no want make people come enjoy with them.

My dear people, there is so much work and less hands such that na me dey reject hours because I need to rest but when I dey my bed I no dey fit rest because my mind go dey calculate how much I dey miss because I want siddon for my bed.

One thing though, it depends on the people you met when you got in and the information you had before making the moves.

One can successfully live and work in the US for 100 years and more as an alien without the right documents so long as you stay away from trouble and keep to the rules.

The system is aware of this fact that loads and loads of illegals abound in the country and of course, are doing the jobs their people won't do which are jobs in very critical sectors and the authorities turn the other way so long as the jobs get done in a timely manner and the economy/system keeps spinning.

In my 1 month that I've been here, Na God bless America I dey take sing every morning...

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Na to work move all my family if possible, my entire clan comot from that dustbin called country.

When I step out from airport, na cry I cry go reach where I dey go inside train when my eye see wetin country and living suppose look like.

May all Nigerian evil leaders both past, present, future, and the ones in the grave continue to rot in hell....

Demons...

I pray for every Nigerian to experience life outside of Nigeria, particularly to the first world countries to understand the difference between life and living.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 30, 2022
twosquare:
Of all places to go, na Chicago? Chicago fa? Another Sambisa forest disguised as skyscrapers. Where people drop daily from gun violence, gang wars and stray bullets. Borno sef is safer than Chicago...

When we talk of the American dream, please go there legally. Second, know the city you want to move to and not just go to America; otherwise, you will hate your life....can't go to Chicago on a free visa...tueeh tueeh
grin grin grin grin
U summarized it all.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by aragonchuks(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

Modified:

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Demons...

Bros relax talking down on naija won’t benefit you in any way , no be you be first to go America and you won’t be the last , the little girl is just telling her story okay .. tell your own story without insults

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Raxxye(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

Modified:

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom
. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Demons...

Don't mind her jare.
She even said her mother was an assistant to the Police Commissioner back in Nigeria. That makes your bolded part correct. Spoilt brat wi an entitlement mentality.
Nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by wiseoneking: 3:32pm On May 30, 2022
delzbaba:
you comot for oyo come go settle for chicago south side? you no see better place like pensylvania or maryland go? dem never shoot ur yansh.
just wondering bro. Penn and Maryland are among the best places to live. I can't believe that they are starving for food in America where there are dozens of free food bank every where as well as churches signboard advertising for free food picks. Are they not a member of a church where there are enough food pantry for any family I'm need.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Asour: 3:32pm On May 30, 2022
Ishilove:

E reach to ask. America is busy chasing terrorists in other countries, meanwhile they are yet to tackle their own home grown, home based terrorists.

They can chase both actually.

A man doesn't have to feed his children OR send them to school. He can do both.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Etinosa1234: 3:34pm On May 30, 2022
IPIGMODS:
35 years of living in the US, I have never feared for my safety as much as I do now.
Some of you don't want to hear this but I feel safer whenever I'm back in Lagos than I do here.
Every American major cities have become so dangerous that you have to think about where you are going and fo what purpose.
I generally avoid any unnecessary trips outside of my house.
Coming to Naija soon and I'm looking forward to it like a child going to Disney world.
That's the American reality.

Another mass shooting just last night in TN

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-people-shot-chattanooga-tennessee-182801897.html

There have been more than 200 of these mass shooting in 2022 alone and we are still in MAY, some don't even make the major headlines anymore.

Having said all these, the US remains may be the only country where you can come from anywhere with nothing and start earning a very decent legal income in a short time. That's what's keeping most people here.

Why not move to states with stricter gun policies
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by IPIGMODS: 3:36pm On May 30, 2022
maysimsimple:
Thanks boss,God be with u and your family.. You don't migrate from Naija and gonyo live in Southside Chicago, that's a suicide

True, but coming from Nigeria in most cases you more than likely going to a city in the US where you know someone.
When I first came, I went to a city that at that time was called the murder capital of America.
I didn't have a choice because I was young and didn't know anywhere else and didn't have the means to decide where I really want to live.
It was very dangerous but all in all, I actually never experienced any real crime even though people were getting killed in the city on daily basis. The place wasn't what I was expecting coming from Nigeria with the crime rate, bad roads due to snow salt, burnt down houses and snow cold during the winter time. I actually thought of going back to Nigeria. After a while I blended and became part of the city life. The rest they say is history.
I know Nigerians living in Chicago right now and they will tell you that they don't see the crime that everyone is talking about.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 3:36pm On May 30, 2022
Le2money:
Infact, God no go suffer this fingers wey u take type this long msg for others to read.....even here in UK ......they will bombard u with work, na u go dey even run from work sev. The sweet thing be say, na as u work reach, naso u go collect pay reach.....people are earning more than £5,000 here monthly......naso one Yeye person go hide behind his/her keypad and type rubbish for others to read. And the slowpokes go see am as correct information

Very anyhow people like say na their money dem go share give people wey dey come.

Always hoarding, hiding information and discouraging people from bettering their life.

Evil people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by madjune(m): 3:37pm On May 30, 2022
Funny girl.

I've been living here in the states for the past 15yrs.

One thing about the Chicago South side is, once you make thar mistake of settling there; it'd always have this allure to keep you there, blind you to the realities of better, safer places elsewhere and never let you rise above a certain socioeconomic status.

It's because all the blacks there see things, speak things and act the same way.

Nne, leave there and go Westside or Northside.
Worst still, kukuma leave Chicago.
Find some of the southern states of Maryland, Louisiana or NC and live.

Those places chill like die and have very level headed people to socialize with.
Once you go school, the sky is your limit.

The guns dey on their own. God will always protect His people.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by ssoofftt(m): 3:37pm On May 30, 2022
Follow my signature to make legit money online
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by RaptorX: 3:38pm On May 30, 2022
What do you expect moving to Chicago if not poverty and violence, not everyone's American immigrant stories are the same
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 30, 2022
Karlovych:
They will soon kidnap you cheesy cheesy
No Fear! grin grin grin
We know how we dey take enter Naija.
We enter Nicodemusly & leave triumphantly!
It's been like that for years! We know our home!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Yoighaman(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2022
ShaqFu:
Hmmm. It's nice when you see people who haven't moved beyond their fathers door mat talk about what they don't know. E.G madamVanessa.

The young lady should know it gets worse before it gets better. Nothing good comes easy. There are poor people everywhere in the world. This is why it is good never to have high expectation on anything. Just believe and give your best.

I'm sure since the young lady has applied for college, after she graduates and go to medical school, she will look back and smile at her very humble beginning. Her future is bright. She shouldn't dampen it with negative thoughts.

Nice post.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by pacespot(m): 3:41pm On May 30, 2022
But America has a beautiful country with modern structures which make her more attractive for businesses and dreamers.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by brightalo1010: 3:42pm On May 30, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

Modified:

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Demons...

I concur with you 100% because my girlfriend finished school last year her mother who's already in the USA made sure my girlfriend migrated to USA June 27th 2021, she's currently in California and working.

As I'm talking to you my girlfriend has bought 2 cars and last week she sent me 1 million naira.

So all what the girl said on her post no concern me I must either enter usa or Canada make I go see things for myself. If my girlfriend read this post she will curse the poster the lady that posted it because my girlfriend has all but positive things to say about the greatest country called USA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 30, 2022
wiseoneking:
just wondering bro. Penn and Maryland are among the best places to live. I can't believe that they are starving for food in America where there are dozens of free food bank every where as well as churches signboard advertising for free food picks. Are they not a member of a church where there are enough food pantry for any family I'm need.
Honestly,
I just told my Family about the story and everyone got perplexed of how one will still complain of Food when there are avenues to Good Free meals. Chicago get too many issues!

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Natjojo: 3:44pm On May 30, 2022
People criticizing her should travel and see.

When you travel then you will get to realize that getting document is more important than dollars.

You will get to realize the reason why non gay agree to be one even when they are not.

Nigeria police ask for money, advanced countries will kindly ask you. Please can I see your ID?

I think anyone above 25yrs and above, with high responsibility should not travel abroad hoping is gonna be better over there.

Reasons:

You can't do anything useful with your life and time without been granted asylum recognition.

Getting asylum recognition to be able to integrate into the society takes between 1 to infinity years. Depending on your story.

You can do illegal jobs but that's like living from hand to mouth, never enough to pay bills, talk of taking care of your self or sending home. Do drug's or fraud or any form of criminal act then you have the rest of your life to regret because before you climb that ladder of becoming the next Pablo Escobar or hush, remember you have a space in the prison yard and a special jet waiting to deport you the moment you finish doing your time and if you don't get deported only miracle will help you succeeded.

Is better to travel younger if you intend staying for long.

Apply for asylum,
Get ready to prove that you need protection as an asylum seeker unable to prove it, you will be recognized as an economic immigrant and your welcome is over.
It will take you till God knows when to keep paying lawyers to fight for your document.

The best way to avoid all this stress and frustration is to face Nigeria because the moment you bord that plane and leave Africa continent and don't return in 6months, the shame, criticism,sadness and failure will never let you return, no matter how hard it is, shame if not making will never let you return home.

People in Nigeria should also take note of this, not that those abroad Don't want to return but they are afraid that you will gossip, criticize, judge and blem them for their failures. Many wish they could return but the moment they remember that we at home will shame them they prefer to keep trying rather than face your criticism like many of us here have done to the little girl.

They don't want to return is not because of 24hrs electricity, not because of dollars, not because of good life because is hard to have one, not because they see chances but because they think they have failed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by IPIGMODS: 3:45pm On May 30, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Why not move to states with stricter gun policies

Illinois, California, NY and others with strict gun control actually have some of the worst gun violence mainly because these are the places with the largest cities and populations.
more importantly, there are just too many guns in the country already, a typical American have at least a gun and some have collections that's more lethal than the local police force.
You can also go to any State with less stricter laws, buy your gun and then go anywhere to commit a gun crime. Some even make their own guns or buy parts online then assemble them bit by bit. It's really crazy and out of control. You can buy a gun for 25 dollars in major cities.
I really don't see a solution.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by InvertedHammer: 3:45pm On May 30, 2022
/
People like to debate nonsense.

US told you that it is the American dream. How many times have you had a wonderful dream only to wake up to a disappointing reality? US told the truth. People chose to misinterpret it.

Last time I checked, dream and reality are two different things. Don't forget that people who live in fantasy world are called dreamers.

American dream indeed.

Many people are living the American dream in Nigeria. They borrow money from loan apps and then struggle to pay. The same way most Americans live on credit and struggle through life to pay. The only succour Americans have is the availability of jobs and clean environment. Otherwise, anyone wey tell you say e get where e easy, na lie.

/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 3:45pm On May 30, 2022
pansophist:
If you have a choice between the US and any other developed country, then don't go to the US. It's a shit hole country in the league of developed societies. But if your alternative to Nigeria is the US only, then go to the US.

I can understand why people in Nigeria will say you should come back if you don't like it, well, the US is still better than Nigeria, but it still didn't change the fact that it's a very damaged society. If you think those zombies dancing with Michael Jackson in his music titled ''thriller'' are fiction, then you probably haven't been to the US.

A place where drug addicts, homeless folks, and extraordinarily fat mofo are walking and shitting on the streets with tents that stretch for miles upon eyes than the eyes can see. A country that is so wealthy than the whole twenty-seven EU countries combined, also have less than half EU's population, but the kind of poverty, citizens' debt, and infrastructural decay you see in the US makes you angry, asking yourself, what the hell I'm I doing here?

You will see so many HOT (homeless, obese, toothless) people, some so fat on riding on a scooter because they can walk, but munching a huge bucket of KFC chicken with a huge bottle of soda. The US government spends close to a trillion USD in war yearly, money it could have used to benefit the life of the average Americans. If you must go to North America, better go to Canada, or better still, go to Europe. Europe is far better.

Be confusing the ignorant ones you hear.
You have been to and lived in every State of the US.

Europe my ass.

I lived in Europe for over a decade and guess what...?

Some of my goons here with whom I lived in Europe will look at ourselves and go asking " why we go waste all those years for Europe"?

We aren't talking about the Italy, Spain, or Eastern European countries oh...

I wonder why and how it benefits you guys to discourage people with fake and stereotypical stories.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by tidalstorm(m): 3:48pm On May 30, 2022
Many people just rushed to get FTC without reading the article.
The girl was just narrating her experience and how she is going to help do her own part.
People just come dey blast the girl like say she discourage any of them.

To each his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Le2money(m): 3:51pm On May 30, 2022
Very evil people....within few months of mine in the UK, I have know how much millions in naira dat i have made so far....the fact that u sleeping on ur bed using ur head to calculate how much u will stand to lose if u didn't stand up to work for a day sev gets the country moving forward and people taking their work very serious.....I left a job and my wife was like "will this person pay me like this" I smiled and said to her....this is not Naija, if he didn't pay my few pounds then I will make him pay in thousands...Omoh, my money enter same day he usually pay others oo....God bless Scotland

Artiiclebeast:

Very anyhow people like say na their money dem go share give people wey dey come.

Always hoarding, hiding information and discouraging people from bettering their life.

Evil people.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by BigIyanga: 3:52pm On May 30, 2022
SARSCoV2:

If you view America from the South Chicago side, everything there is true.

It’s cold out there.
Not necessarily true..Good neighborhoods like Hyde Park- University of Chicago, Hyde Park, Bronzeville, etal are good.
From her story, it looks like they started as illegal immigrants before receiving assylum status..
Life as illegal immigrant is tough everywhere.. but Chicago is a sanctuary city.. cops dont bother about ur immigration status. Also, IL gives illegal immigrants drivers licensee so long as you show proof of living in the state for 6months
At home depot on 87th and Dan Ryan.. Hispanic day laborers charge minimum of $200\day for the shortest labour. Go and hustle with them.
Also Chicago has the most connected public transport system in the US.. after NYC. You can travel the whole city with $7/day.
Maybe they were hoping for a life full of roses as Illegal... not happening in the US.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by ameh99: 3:52pm On May 30, 2022
The lady is only saying things the way they are..

And it's just a simple fact..

These are for some of you that thinks that America is heaven on earth...

Things are not easy anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Artiiclebeast: 3:52pm On May 30, 2022
brightalo1010:

I concur with you 100% because my girlfriend finished school last year her mother who's already in the USA made sure my girlfriend migrated to USA June 27th 2021, she's currently in California and working.

As I'm talking to you my girlfriend has bought 2 cars and last week she sent me 1 million naira.

So all what the girl said on her post no concern me I must either enter usa or Canada make I go see things for myself. If my girlfriend read this post she will curse the poster the lady that posted it because my girlfriend has all but positive things to say about the greatest country called USA.

Guy, no listen to the yeye naysayers jare.

Na person wey love you and get good heart go tell you the truth.

If you get the energy and time and you want work, oga, you go earn $10k per month no be go come.

I say it as it is.

Why discourage people?

Dem get luck say I no quick know say na so America sweet...

I for no allow my mama enter labour for Nigeria sef.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Ambode’s Wire-mesh Fence On Expressways Are Being Vandalized (see PHOTOS) / Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire: Smell Of Burnt Human Flesh Filled The Air - Reporter / Man Falls Off Speeding Truck On Third Mainland Bridge (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.