Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities (36262 Views)

AMERICAN Dream Is A Mirage, Only Racism, Poverty-nigerian Asylum Seeker, Ajibola / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Is Canadian Dream A Mirage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Funflipper: 2:31pm On May 30, 2022
nabeelbabs:
Replies on this page are saddening and funny as well grin

I just shake my head cus i know shes telling nothing but the truth.

Alot of people think its all rainbows outside Nigeria, they think immediately you "Japa" you make it. This is a common stupid silly throught from people who never traveled abroad.

Yes of course there are opportunities out their but is not always. Dont be surprised you will be a victim of racial profiling and discrimination, check the rates of unemployment of African American in the us you'll be shocked. Even if you lucky to get a job, taxes, rent, bills will leave you drained. Only then you will realize working there is slavery.

Except if your parents are wealthy, influential, have good connects OR God decides its your destiny to make it outside, But for a poor or local man to "japa" , you will live abroad for 50 years, come back with nothing to show.

Its what we say in hausa "ka sake reshe ka kamo ganye" grin

All you need to live the American dream is for you to be smart and hardworking. How can you be working on a minimum wage in places like walmart and taco bell like forever and want to live the American dream? If you can't make it in America, then you will never make it anywhere else.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by somehow: 2:32pm On May 30, 2022
There are 397 million guns owned by citizens in the United States of America of a population of 330 million people (A population that includes children).

Guns are more than people in the United States of America.

Questions = Why should a safe and peaceful country have more guns than people?

Why do citizens need so many guns if the country is safer and peaceful as we have it in movies and news?

5 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 30, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Mtcheeew, I stopped reading when I saw Chicago South side.
How can they relocate to America from Nigeria only to secure apartment in Chicago South Side?
Who does that? U must avoid anything Chicago.
Avoid New Orleans..Even Police dey avoid some places for those cities grin cheesy grin
They have got too many Blacks and Shootings will always prevail because of cult related activities.

Most importantly, her Family arrived America on Asylum basis and not via the genuine immigration pathway (Greencard) . Therefore, their case would be hell on earth for them. Asylum Processing takes time because it is subjected through a lot of judicious & meticulous processes b4 approval.

Asylum seekers are not entitled to the numerous social benefits regular Americans get.
Her parents should have explained that to them.
Though, they are kids and wouldn't understand.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by vincent7000(m): 2:35pm On May 30, 2022
You should expect little or nothing as an Asylum seeker and it depends on what part of Chicago you live in. If you live in the North part of Chicago then you should be expecting such I have lived in America for a year plus now and I tell you it’s the best decision ever come into America legally and you will enjoy , come in with visiting visa and hoping to get Asylum you go suffer.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Adakintroy: 2:35pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Mtcheeewww...tell her now to come back to Nigeria, and see her shakes her head in refusal immediately.

She should stop talking nonsense and complaining. If she finds life there so unbearable, she should relocate back to her paradise Nigeria.

A lot of people would do everything to be in her position. It's better to suffer in a country you're not a citizen than to suffer in a country you're a bonafide citizen, which many Nigerians are currently experiencing in this shithole.

I wish Americans were like me, they will immediately deport her useless ass back to her Eldorado Nigeria. You can't come and benefit so much in my country then still had the guts to write rubbish about the country you benefitted so much from. ingrate.

You are insecure. She stated the obviosie about the so called paradise you all claim america was..majek said the same thing in his first time in u.s sorry its not the paradise you make the white man land to be. There is poverty hunger and insecurity. Fact#

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Faithful007: 2:35pm On May 30, 2022
Ishilove:
A Nigerian lady, Ajibola Elisabeth Junaid from Oyo State narrates how she migrated with her family members to the United States in search of greener pastures. Her family settled in Chicago, as they were all asylum seekers. It did not take long for her to discover that hardly does the American dream exist for minorities or people of colour.

She described America as a reality of racism, poverty, food insecurity and gun violence.

She is a senior student at Wendell Phillips Academy High School.

Her narration below:

https://nigeriastandardnewspaper.com/ng/true-life-story-american-dream-is-a-mirage-struggle-only-racism-poverty-food-insecurity-gun-violence-are-realities-ajibola-elizabeth-junaid-a-nigerian-asylum-seeker-in-chicago-narrates-experien/
Its not a mirage for everyone. If you know what you're doing and you're skilled enough, you'll have a good time. If you stay illegally, sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by RepoMan007: 2:35pm On May 30, 2022
This is down to poor planning on the OP side. I have seen a couple of documentaries about gun violence in south chigaco on YouTube and wonder why she couldn't research her choice of places to migrate to. If I recall correctly, south Chicago has lots of blacks and is nicknamed "Chiraq" a combo of Chi from Chicago and 'raq' from Iraq due to the similarity in insecurity situation. They are basically a poor country diquised as a city.

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by descarado: 2:36pm On May 30, 2022
Nigerians and their entitlement mentality.
Always living in utopia.
Go back to Nigeria if you are unfulfilled in America.

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Faithful007: 2:37pm On May 30, 2022
somehow:
There are 397 million guns owned by citizens in the United States of America of a population of 330 million people (A population that includes children).

Guns are more than people in the United States of America.

Questions = Why should a safe and peaceful country have more guns than people?

Why do citizens need so many guns if the country is safer and peaceful as we have it in movies and news?
The citizens don't need guns. It is the guns themselves that causes the unrest. Look at advanced European countries with tough gun laws.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by TempleHouse: 2:38pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Mtcheeewww...tell her now to come back to Nigeria, and see her shakes her head in refusal immediately.

She should stop talking nonsense and complaining. If she finds life there so unbearable, she should relocate back to her paradise Nigeria.

A lot of people would do everything to be in her position. It's better to suffer in a country you're not a citizen than to suffer in a country you're a bonafide citizen, which many Nigerians are currently experiencing in this shithole.

I wish Americans were like me, they will immediately deport her useless ass back to her Eldorado Nigeria. You can't come and benefit so much in my country then still had the guts to write rubbish about the country you benefitted so much from. ingrate.

You’re naive, an idiot whose desperation is to leave your country and could not see anything better than living in fake American dream!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 30, 2022
Her parents are uninformed and responsible for her poverty and not the US.
They were not qualified to seek as
ylum but like a regular Nigerians, think they can always beat the system.
Most Nigerias are not qualified to seek asylum in any safe third country.
except you are persecuted on the basis of your gender identity which has been criminalized in Nigeria.
Most first world countries are signatories to the Geneva rule for Convention Refugees.
To be a successful year of claimant, you must fear persecution in your home country and the fear must be based on the following five convention grounds
enumerated in the
definition of Convention refugee -
race,
religion,
nationality,
membership in a particular social
group and
political opinion.

There must be a causal link between the fear of persecution and one of the above five grounds.

You must also proof that the national government of your country is unable to protect you and no in-flight alternatives for you.

Do not ever claim asylum as it should be the last resort when other means of immigration have failed and then US is the last place you want to seek refugee Assylum.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Iko5000: 2:39pm On May 30, 2022
asylum seekers from where in Nigeria and you went to frying pan to fire by going to CHi Town that has a very high national shooting and murder rate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Adakintroy: 2:39pm On May 30, 2022
I have always felt most nigerians are weaklings with a feminine dependent mindset.

You know the mindset of a woman that will chase any man that is doing well and insult a struggling man. Imagine what is happening in Ukraine now. The bomb..shelling and all. Once they are done Nigerian will return to school and even fight for equality with citizen.

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by descarado: 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
Adakintroy:

You are insecure. She stated the obviosie about the so called paradise you all claim america was..majek said the same thing in his first time in u.s sorry its not the paradise you make the white man land to be. There is poverty hunger and insecurity. Fact#
America is never painted as paradise. She is living in illusion like others.

There are some Africans that judge Nigeria through nollywood. A young civil servant who just married is living in choice house in lekki driving cars worth millions and they believe that.
We end up defending the image nollywood has created about Nigeria.

Selfish people everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by anonymuz(m): 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

that person na real ingrate. Give me this opportunity as I will change my national ID

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 30, 2022
ednut1:
All these ungrateful delusional people. Why not come back

Your response lacks intelligence. What makes he delusional? Because she wrote a true life experience? Such stories are well known and simply because you don't have anyway to refute them shouldn't make her ungrateful. Learn to accept realities from others.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by tarantino1: 2:44pm On May 30, 2022
Guontey:
I think her original naivete is forgivable. She was a boisterous 14-year-old who only knew America from the shows she saw on TV. She wanted to live like Angelina Jolie because Hollywood was her only image of America. She probably is not alone. There are also tons of kids today in Nigeria who still have misshapen images of America; kids who think the streets of this wonderful country is tiled with gold. Kids be kids. One could legitimately forgive this error in thinking coming from a naive teenager. But if she thought she would have had it any better in Nigeria, she certainly isn't looking at all sides of the coin. Her parents' business in Nigeria was obviously failing and they would have had a lot more poverty to contend with while navigating that.

I saw some hope at the end of her interview and that's inspiring. She needs to cease being that naïve teenager who took it upon herself to create an imaginary America from TV images. No country gives you opportunities on a platter, except maybe the United Arab Emirates or any other oil-rich gulf country. If you are black and from Nigeria, you probably have more work to do to convince the world that you can make something of yourself. That's true both in Nigeria and in America. Unlike her however, there are millions of other children who do not have an American opportunity and who will never make something for themselves. That much is certain. Unlike them, she has a rare opportunity, to go to some of the best colleges in the world, to achieve a dream based squarely on merit like, for example, the first black female supreme court justice, Ketanji Jackson. She could either fight for that in a country where it is possible or she could continue complaining or, alternatively, return to Nigeria and have to deal with a mediocre and intensely corrupt society where her dreams may remain ever unachievable. It's her choice.

She should have outgrown those fantasies early enough. A guy from the Ivory Coast migrated to the US with his family at 15. The guy suffered a lot for the first 6 years there and he couldn't even speak fluent English. Yet the guy worked his butt off ant is now a MD there currently.
This is someone who came from nothing. His parents were asylum seekers as well.

Unlike West Africa, if you put in the work, you'll reap the rewards and America still remains significantly better than where she came from.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Idaytesj29(m): 2:47pm On May 30, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
Mtcheeew, I stopped reading when I saw Chicago South side.

Why?
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by InfinityFabric: 2:47pm On May 30, 2022
ShaqFu:
Hmmm. It's nice when you see people who haven't moved beyond their fathers door mat talk about what they don't know. E.G madamVanessa.

The young lady should know it gets worse before it gets better. Nothing good comes easy. There are poor people everywhere in the world. This is why it is good never to have high expectation on anything. Just believe and give your best.

I'm sure since the young lady has applied for college, after she graduates and go to medical school, she will look back and smile at her very humble beginning. Her future is bright. She shouldn't dampen it with negative thoughts.
Smile at what ? The College debt ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 30, 2022
ednut1:
All these ungrateful delusional people. Why not come back
this is a Myopic response. There are many people in Nigeria that used to live abroad until they realised how unhappy they were and decided to come back. Today they are doing much better. I know a few myself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by InfinityFabric: 2:49pm On May 30, 2022
Idaytesj29:

Why?
Because it's the mark of poverty and violence. You either die or go to prison.
Moving to another state would;ve been better than Chicago South Side.

Google "Chiraq" for more. No kidding.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by phemmyfour: 2:51pm On May 30, 2022
kingreign:

Seconded!

Let her come back if she doesn’t like what’s going on in USA.
come back where? The standard of living over there is far better
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by syntekelite(m): 2:51pm On May 30, 2022
Dawn91:
HERE WE GO

A THREAD FOR THOSE DENIED AMERICAN VISA

A THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HABE BEEM LIVING ILLEGALLY AND WHEN DEPORTED FINALY IPEN THREADS LIKE THIS

A THREAD FOR THISE EHO CAN NEVER AFFIED TO TRAVEL OUT.

They want to come and tell us how bad racism is, as if the tribalism I face for being an Edo Christian isn't worse. Ask the Ibo let them tell you what levels of tribalism ,hatred and marginalisation they gave from Yoruba and Hausa!

They want to tell us how bad gun violence is in America yet here in Nigeria over a hundred citizens are killed daily across Nigeria. At least in America they capture all violence .. in my Edo state I know how many cultists fall each other dialy but it's no longer news and you want to come and tell me about gun violence in AMERICA ? GO TO port Harcourt and see how many of themselves they kill daily over Bunkering, cultism, drugs, , yahoo, clout etc , go to the North let the Northern Christians tells you how they ar evening wiped from the face of the earth and this dolt wants to tell me about gun violence In America.

What is good about Nigeria ? Name.one thing... Only idiot will follow bitter deported depressed people who tell you AMERICA IS NOT GOOD. Tell them to stay here on Nigeria and leave you alone .

They tell you dreams font come through in America yet dreams for first in Nigeria

I have never seen a more dleuded saddistic narcissistic race than Nigerians deported or too poor to travel to America!! They hate the land of the free so much and it's their problem.

See I have lived in America from the projects in three kings in Brooklyn to the splendor or Dade country Miami. Words cannot ever describe what it means to live in America..m it's is paradise on earth . Don't follow these saddists who mostly travkled without papers or while there couldn't discipline themselves enough to be faithful to their partner until they get their papers ...

These people are sent by satan to kill your morale .. If you can japa do it... Get out, run , Nigeria is cursed... Run far and America is the easiest country on earth to go from nobody to somebody.

Just be smart ,honest, hard working and focused. Alot of Nigerians are their romaing the hoods jobless and refuse to return, they join gangs and enter the gang life because that's where easy money is but that's also where they waste away for ever.

When you see threads like this just ignore them, they are trash sponsored by hate and bitterness...

Whomin their right mind compares America to Nigeria,?! compare Nigeria with her Mayes like Ghana, Rwanda, Kenya! These 3 countries are far better than Nigeria...

Dig deep and find a deported visa rejected saddist grin

The whole world is cursed not only nigeria.. will the usa give 200million nigerians visa..cos you hve been fortunate to be in the usa doesnt mean you should start cursing nigeria.. life is life cos it can never be fair... Not everyone will travel out and those that do not all of them will make it.. for all you guys wey don japa make una thank God and say a prayer fr those who plan to follow no be to dey curse up and down..
Legit men still dey naija dey travel go their guy wedding fr yankee,stay 4days days come back.. abegi to every mallam hin kettle..

4 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Legendoo: 2:52pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Just shut up , you these stupid idiots are the gatekeeper's for everything bad that's happened to black's ..

And you got so many likes . Eww . Miserable mofos , no be una spoil Nigeria sef.

Nigeria is unbearable because of you mofos because you can't man any systems without abusing it and yes she can discuss her experience afterall she works and pays taxes there .

Anyways I can't articulate myself properly for now cos I dey busy. Bit most of Una be wereys , you just don't get it . Opportunity kill you there.

1 Like

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by oglalasioux(m): 2:53pm On May 30, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
Abeg make una no listen to all these nonsense oh..

America na God's own country truly truly if you get the right info and know your way.

If na only the gun violence, I go manage am like that dey careful where I dey enter and the kind neighbourhood wey I go stay.

I start one thread for my profile like that to talk about this same issue but because the mods dem too follow for the people wey dey try preach the abroad life no easy dem abandon am. Dem no want competition for the good life...

https://www.nairaland.com/7145274/re-abroad-life-not-easy

Abeg, anybody wey get legit way to jakpa come America, you better take am oh...

Sweet and blessed country.

I dey come to write more..make I drive reach work first.

Modified:

You see all these spoilt, lazy, and rotten brats, if you listen to them mislead you or successfully make you keep away from competing with them out of wickedness and envy, na you sabi.

This kid could be a privileged rotten kid back home in Nigeria who probably had a whole room to herself with a driver to chauffeur her back and fro wherever she goes without much of an understanding to the fact that "nyansh dey pepper egg wey dey lay egg wey she dey chop".

Her parents obviously needed more in life and thus migrated making this silly kid see herself as living below her standard because of sharing a house and bathroom. She's clearly not happy because she could barely find any poor man pikin to oppress out there.

The idiot even went on to say their condition improved when their asylum was approved. They should have sought the asylum in Nigeria na..

Talking about her parents doing long hours of work. It's evil and ungrateful to God and nature to make such complaints. Now it isn't the lack of jobs oh but the long hours of job. The question people of sound mind should ask are:

* What is the hourly wage
*Do you get owed or short paid for these jobs?
* Are these jobs back-breaking or hard jobs?
* What are the general working conditions of these jobs?

Only wicked and selfish people will tell you America is bad, unsafe, and hard to survive.

Very wicked and mean people.

Even if you find a job with an agency paying $10-12 per hour, you have enough hours to work if you want and can do the job to take in as much as $4k per month.

Now, you can imagine how much a direct staff at the same job who knows what brought him to the US will take home.

Na so all of them dey collect and drive big big new cars because work hours dey to dey pay monthly na all these enjoyment dem no want make people come enjoy with them.

My dear people, there is so much work and less hands such that na me dey reject hours because I need to rest but when I dey my bed I no dey fit rest because my mind go dey calculate how much I dey miss because I want siddon for my bed.

One thing though, it depends on the people you met when you got in and the information you had before making the moves.

One can successfully live and work in the US for 100 years and more as an alien without the right documents so long as you stay away from trouble and keep to the rules.

The system is aware of this fact that loads and loads of illegals abound in the country and of course, are doing the jobs their people won't do which are jobs in very critical sectors and the authorities turn the other way so long as the jobs get done in a timely manner and the economy/system keeps spinning.

In my 1 month that I've been here, Na God bless America I dey take sing every morning...

God bless my destiny...

God bless God too...

Na to work move all my family if possible, my entire clan comot from that dustbin called country.

When I step out from airport, na cry I cry go reach where I dey go inside train when my eye see wetin country and living suppose look like.

May all Nigerian evil leaders both past, present, future, and the ones in the grave continue to rot in hell....

Demons...

I pray for every Nigerian to experience life outside of Nigeria, particularly to the first world countries to understand the difference between life and living.

You've said it all. They keep deceiving other people but ask them to choose Nigeria and see their reaction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by somehow: 2:54pm On May 30, 2022
Faithful007:
The citizens don't need guns. It is the guns themselves that causes the unrest. Look at advanced European countries with tough gun laws.

So why the craze for guns if citizens don't need it?

For 397 million guns to exist in a country (Outside that of security men and women), something untold must be going on.
Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Faithful007: 2:56pm On May 30, 2022
pansophist:
If you have a choice between the US and any other developed country, then don't go to the US. It's a shit hole country in the league of developed societies. But if your alternative to Nigeria is the US only, then go to the US.

I can understand why people in Nigeria will say you should come back if you don't like it, well, the US is still better than Nigeria, but it still didn't change the fact that it's a very damaged society. If you think those zombies dancing with Michael Jackson in his music titled ''thriller'' are fiction, then you probably haven't been to the US.

A place where drug addicts, homeless folks, and extraordinarily fat mofo are walking and shitting on the streets with tents that stretch for miles upon eyes than the eyes can see. A country that is so wealthy than the whole twenty-seven EU countries combined, also have less than half EU's population, but the kind of poverty, citizens' debt, and infrastructural decay you see in the US makes you angry, asking yourself, what the hell I'm I doing here?

You will see so many HOT (homeless, obese, toothless) people, some so fat on riding on a scooter because they can walk, but munching a huge bucket of KFC chicken with a huge bottle of soda. The US government spends close to a trillion USD in war yearly, money it could have used to benefit the life of the average Americans. If you must go to North America, better go to Canada, or better still, go to Europe. Europe is far better.
All western countries have at least 50% of the problems you mentioned besides some low population countries. Generally poverty and inequality is fast on the rise in all developed countries. It is worse in the US and China (Forget Chinese propaganda).

Funny thing about Canada is that till today, there's still a massive brain drain of talent into the US. The US is a land of opportunities once you fit into the criterion.

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by starstunna1313(m): 2:56pm On May 30, 2022
Zekrayer:
na so. Anti-Americanism. People who have failed all their lives to upgrade their existence who feed on " Western-negatives ". Focus on your generational poverty

Tell her to come back to Nigeria now she no go agree. As if anybody is tied her there

3 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 30, 2022
Iko5000:
asylum seekers from where in Nigeria and you went to frying pan to fire by going to CHi that has a very high national shooting and murder rate
I tire.... Chicago wey be the home to all Mad people. Blacks/ Cult related shootings. Even American police dey fear Chicago & some cities for New Orleans. Places where some people would want to leave this world faster than u can imagine. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The American Dream: A Mirage; Only Racism, Poverty & Gun Violence Are Realities by Faithful007: 2:58pm On May 30, 2022
somehow:

So why the craze for guns if citizens don't need it?

For 397 million guns to exist in a country (Outside that of security men and women), something untold must be going on.
Decades of a gun culture. To many, acquiring guns is like acquiring wealth. In America, people inherit guns.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo) / Erosion Cuts Off Onitsha-Owerri Road (Pictures) / The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.