Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot (57405 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / “We Will Know Who Is In Charge Soon” – Wike Blows Hot, Visits APC Chairman / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:33pm On May 30, 2022
when will the south learn....Gosh

He has failed even after dashing Sokoto money but he has learned the hardway.

Are we nor suppose to be backing wike up with this his fire speech..the man deh angry mode.

He said we cannot be second class citizens..which is true.. Let us use oga wike and pass message to the North na..Ehn biko..let us not shame him..He's a loser. Let us use him till he leaves office.. He fit off Rivers oil tap to North as he dey para so..abeg

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by limeta(f): 9:35pm On May 30, 2022
Sonyboom:
You Igbo are the most despicable being I ever encountered in my life I swear. So you dead Brian want Wike to allow Ipob turn Rivers on what Anambra n Imo are experiencing today just out of you miserable souls delusion.

You here talking of false flag killing
How dump.
Though some mothers do have them

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by SupremeSpecimen: 9:35pm On May 30, 2022
Regardless of how you feel, he said what needed to be said.

Obi saw the same thing....
But chose to be more diplomatic by going about his business . Though I still feel he was hasty in his decision

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Mickykarim: 9:37pm On May 30, 2022
BECAME OBVIOUS HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE NIGERIAN POLITICS HE CLAIMS TO KNOW, ERRORNOUSLY, TOO BAD!

They taught and showed him POLITICS. INTERESTING.

He was too much of what he is NOT.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Idiko1: 9:40pm On May 30, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has declared that he would not allow himself to be treated as a second-class citizen in the country.

Wike, who lost the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential primary election to the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, spoke on Monday while addressing Rivers people after his return from the election held in Abuja.

Lamenting the outcome of the election, Wike said the North should not claim ownership of the country, saying Nigeria does not belong to a particular geo-political zone.

He said, “We have all it takes to do whatever we want to do. It is a matter of you to be fruitful. We cannot answer second class citizens in Nigeria.

“We just used this one to tell them that enough is enough. We made them not to sleep, we made them not to eat, we made all of them from wherever they think they are coming from to know that there is somebody who can take them on.

“This country does not belong to one particular zone. If people are afraid of talking, it is their business. I cannot be a second class citizen in my country.

“They just want somebody they can control, somebody that will do whatever they want him to do, I will never be a party to that, they only people that can control me are Nigerians not the few people that want to remain in power since the military regime”.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/30/i-cant-be-second-class-citizen-in-my-country-wike-blows-hot/

The talk of second-class citizenship is always on the lips of goons who betrayed their forbearers. Wike or Nwaike, who are you?

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Broveens42(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2022
Lol.. wike is a very funny man. So now you know you ain't supposed to be a second class citizen of your own country. What's the difference between you and ipob who have vowed to leave Nija because of this ?

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Igboid: 9:49pm On May 30, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Atiku was cunning, he only made that statement when the Party was still contemplating on Zoning, but Inside Atiku was different he Orchestrated the plot to Throw the ticket open by Threatening the party that if it is Zoned South, he will work against the Party

We can't be inside Atiku to know what is on his mind.
We can only judge him by what he said.

He(Atiku) said he has no issue with zoning only if it will be zoning to SE specifically.

Wike never supported that. He insisted he must compete.
So we can only judge both by their words and actions.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Makers49: 9:50pm On May 30, 2022
Woke is still blowing hot, don't worry by 2023 you will step down as river state governor,and the we will the stuff you are made of
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by WATCHOVER(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2022
Igboid:

We can't be inside Atiku to know what is on his mind.
We can only judge him by what he said.

He(Atiku) said he has no issue with zoning only if it will be zoning to SE specifically.

Wike never supported that. He insisted he must compete.
So we can only judge both by their words and actions.
Most body language speaks louder than voice

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by OfoIgbo: 9:52pm On May 30, 2022
Igboid:
.Atiku was willing to withdraw from the race if only SW and SS PDP led by Wike agreed on zoning not to the South, but specifically to the SE.
Wike and co rejected that option and instead preferred to have an open to all comers scenario than standing on justice for SE.

https://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/2023-ill-step-down-if-pdp-zones-presidency-to-southeast-atiku/

Wike has not earned the right to complain about Northern domination, when his zone SS have been given PDP presidential candidate ticket twice!

Wike is in my opinion crying more than the bereaved (SE) .

You must have read one of my previous writeups. wink
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 30, 2022
The GOOD LOSER
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by DKM123: 10:01pm On May 30, 2022
Not a fan but, where is the lie?

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by mightyhaze: 10:02pm On May 30, 2022
Who be dis one grin
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by oilmane(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/05/30/i-cant-be-second-class-citizen-in-my-country-wike-blows-hot/

I don't get it, is he backing out of his promise to work with the winner of the primaries?
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Sacrosanct12(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Man is in pain , will take time for him to be healed.

One Nigeria, we die here.
Onye gba oso...
onye gba oso, akpa amu ya.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by toujurs: 10:04pm On May 30, 2022
Mumu man, you see your life, look at how a seating governor disgraced himself. You were just making mouth insulting P.O. now see your life

Even tinubu won't smell primaries, let the southerners face the fact and stop decieving themselves.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Faber(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2022
This one eyes don clear. He was playing a demi God. Lambasting his Southern brothers. Now he wants to play the Southern card

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Perocom(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:

Aside from the fact that Wike is arrogant and morally loose, the North is actually taking the south and the rest of the country for a ride: If they are even producing good leaders, it would have been a bit better but no, all we get is reverse gear motion and terror. A change is fundamentally needed.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 30, 2022
The north played wike
Now he’s crying like a fool
He wants power for himself
Why didn’t he seek cooperation with his fellow southern candidates but instead he was bashing obi left and right
Now he talks as if he means well for southern presidency

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Miracle2020: 10:08pm On May 30, 2022
Anytime he remember the dollars he wasted. Hmmn

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by onilanre(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2022
Felimax:
I am so proud of you Nyesome Wike. Your father really fathered you.

If Tambuwal has not dropped for Atiku it would have been a very difficult one for Atiku.

I am proud of you your Excellency, you are truly a winner.

You've said it all. Wike didn't see what Tambuwal did coming and that gave Atiku the vote margin.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Julkanade: 10:09pm On May 30, 2022
I respect this man for one singular fact he is very thoughtful and thorough with equity. How can I tell my children with the political situation in Nigeria today that another Northerner wants to succeed an incumbent Northerner after 8 years?

Hate him or love him, he is one of the people that believe in justice and equity.

For the record as at today, the BOT, Chairman and Presidential candidate of a major opposition party PDP are all in the North.

This is a case of monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.....

Where were these people when the likes of Wike were holding the party?
The same people that made the party to lose in 2015 have hijacked the party with the support of selfish lots in South because of peanuts forgetting the fact that the South is the goose that lays the golden egg (more than 90% revenue) for all.

Are we thinking at all?
SMH.....

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by stanluiz(m): 10:10pm On May 30, 2022
Wike is a fool. You don't want to be second class citizen but you supported Tambuwal even supporting Atiku after defeating you in the primary.

If you are pained. Leave pdp and launch a new party and contest.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Wike move on, you don lose, you don lose. Now you've seen your stupidity . Tambuwal you worshipped and adores so much picked his brother over you while you used every given opportunity to dragged Peter Obi, as if Peter Obi is your mate . Obi no be your mate , Obi is above you in all ramifications. But not for Patience Jonathan, you won't have amount to anything in River State.

Why are you Igbos so unnecessarily bitter most of the time? I'm tempted to believe the submissions from most Nairalanders here about you people. I am a Cross Riverian and always favourably disposed to whatever benefits the South in its entirety but the bile with which you Easterners approach issues is becoming worrisome.

Even if you want to promote the personality of Peter Obi, do you have to demean Wike's in the process? So Patience Jonathan made him who he is today, and Peter Obi just woke up from his bedroom and won the Anambra Governorship without the guidance and assistance of anybody in political circles? Politically speaking, Nyesom Wike stands heights above Peter Obi. Outside the Governorship seat, Wike has held other relevant political offices and holds the sort of political audacity that Peter Obi can only wish for.

Some of you really need to slow the fvck down! Nyesom Wike has every reason to blow hot and air his views on issues. Call him what you may on Nairaland, it doesn't change the fact that he's currently the Number One Citizen of an entire state and you're as good as a nobody behind an android keypad.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Faber(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Man is in pain , will take time for him to be healed.

One Nigeria, we die here.
Onye gba oso...
Nwanne Wike must finish the one Nigeria he started. What these sell outs don't know is that once you tell them you are not Igbo, they see you as a fool and will rip you apart.

The Fulani's nightmare is the Igbos that killed their Sarduana. If you despise the Igbos they see you as nothing, they know they will deal with you and nothing will happen.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Obainomilano: 10:14pm On May 30, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Sorry to say madam, Obi was a Coward, Obi was betrayed by his own people and instead of him to change strategy he simply played the game of a prodigal son and Obi has a track record of not being a good party man from Apga days.
Wike was only trying to say that he should have consulted with the party and restrategize instead of coming out to Insult the Party (PDP) Openly
..so na good party man u dey find abi na good leadership infact ee when. You look at the average naija mentality you will understand that we are actually one of the dumbest in the world despite the media saying otherwise

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Igboid: 10:14pm On May 30, 2022
WATCHOVER:

Sorry to say madam, Obi was a Coward, Obi was betrayed by his own people and instead of him to change strategy he simply played the game of a prodigal son and Obi has a track record of not being a good party man from Apga days.
Wike was only trying to say that he should have consulted with the party and restrategize instead of coming out to Insult the Party (PDP) Openly

What did you expect Obi to do?
Start sharing 50k Dollars like Atiku and Wike were doing to buy delegates?
Atiku and Wike are spending government stolen funds, Peter has no such stolen funds to waste. He made his Money through genuine business. No one who made his money genuinely would spend the way Atiku and Wike spent in this primaries.

Additionally, take a look at the distribution of the delegates.
Even if we remove the cash and carry Politics from the equation and narrow it down to South vs North, the North will still win, because they have more delegates.

Common sense is lacking in SW and SS.
Common sense shows that the only way PDP could have produced a Southern candidate was by zoning.
And if you are coming to justice, you must come with clean hands.
SS and SW both having enjoyed PDP presidential candidate victory twice were in no position to ask for zoning to their region.
They knew that SE was the rightful place to ask for zoning, but they weren't ready to let that be.
So they were playing hanky panky games by screeching zoning to the SOUTH!

Atiku coming also from a zone in the North that haven't enjoyed PDP primaries victory rightfully demanded that any talk of zoning in the South should be for SE only. This alone made Wike and co happily jettison the talks of zoning because they reasoned they could stand on injustice against SE and Battle the North and still win.

Well it backfired! As it was always going to be.

See listen carefully. As things stands, until SW and SS Political elites come together and accept that SE gets justice and fairness by rallying behind SE presidency, there WILL never be another president of Southern Nigeria extraction until SE has had our turn.

We WILL make sure the North rule for eternity, if need be.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by ismodiwa(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2022
Agreed, but don't forget your votes came from the north!

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by niel63(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2022
What is the difference between what he just said and all Nnamdi Kanu have been saying? Hmmm...

I no support anybody but una story no dey align for my ear atall.

I am a software developer and I like to make sense out of everything. I no like bug atall. But it's inevitable.
Nigeria dey hot! I really do hope there's a 2023 election.

Even common passport dey very hard to get now.

Why!!!

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Faber(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2022
Harmskion:
The north played wike
Now he’s crying like a fool
He wants power for himself
Why didn’t he seek cooperation with his fellow southern candidates but instead he was bashing obi left and right
Now he talks as if he means well for southern presidency

The type of Laugh Obi dey Laugh Wike ehn no be here. Obi will return to PDP after his Presidential bid with Labour party. Wike is the loser in all ramifications.

He will be out as a governor, no senate for him, no immunity. He hates the South East but wants to be loved by North. North hates you the moment you hate your brother. Their thinking is that: " if you hate your brother, you can also betray them"

Na their way of thinking far back far back till today.

Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 30, 2022
Is he now going to unilaterally cancel the pdp presidential primaries or is he heading to court or he's gonna get his name on the ballot either by hook or by crook?

What's the end-goal of this rant after the milk has been spilled?
Re: 2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot by Forumobserver12(m): 10:23pm On May 30, 2022
Rawgold29:
Deep

There's nothing deep in his statement, Wike is sore loser, how come he suddenly realized that he's not a second class citizen yet all his actions in recent years is contradictory?

How many times has Wike made donation to any southern state for any reason? Has he not be dishing out Rivers state money to his northern Lord's with the hope they will see him as a true Nigerian? Wike is just a hypocrite...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling / Eleme Youths Intercepted Stolen Ballot Box By Army, Police In Rivers

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69