Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja (29915 Views)

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Addax Workers Lock Out CEO, Colin Klapa, Begin Strike / Benue Workers Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by AchichaMmuo: 1:16pm On May 31, 2022
otokx:

25k oil, haba.

Don't be dense my brother, how much is Mobile 1 now, the oil I normally use for my car is 28k + plus filter, had to look for an alternative which goes for about 22k + filter. You guys will just be making useless comments.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Equity15(m): 1:24pm On May 31, 2022
Kuluuu:

Yes, he makes 20k (is it everyday he makes the 20k?) but let's do some arithmetic here:

1. 22% of 20k is #4,400
2. Fuel for that 20k cannot be less than 6k
3. For him to make 20k, it means he left house early in the morning and close by night, which mean he will eat at least twice, put that at minimum of #1,500

If you add that together, it gives you #12,000 approximately. He/ she is left with 8k. Now begin to calculate your car maintenance and health challenge for be on steering for close to 10 hours. Use your 3.5m car for 6 months with the car AC on for close to 40hours per week and see how the condition of the car will be after 6 months.

Even the 20k is not everyday ooo.
what if by the 'makes' he meant profit?? Una just dey do calculations up and down. I have never taken a bolt or uber for 300 in my life. So I don't understand what is happening. The fare has increased too

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Ken4Christ: 1:39pm On May 31, 2022
141samuel:
any Uber/bolt driver shouldn't start his vehicle for any trip less than 1000k.

Then, it will only be patronized exclusively by the rich. Distance you use to pay 1,000 naira will now be 3,000 naira just for one trip. Remember, not everyone has a job and most of the jobs are poorly paid jobs.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by CharleyBright(m): 1:40pm On May 31, 2022
Equity15:
what if by the 'makes' he meant profit?? Una just dey do calculations up and down. I have never taken a bolt or uber for 300 in my life. So I don't understand what is happening. The fare has increased too

There are N300 fares bro.
For new riders just registered on bolt, Bolt gives them discount up to 50-60% of the cost of the trip.
Assuming the ride was supposed to be N600, with 50% discount, the rider joyfully pays N300.
The driver doesn't even know the amount of the trip until he ends the trip. He is expecting N700 - N800 for the trip, and Boom he sees N300 flashed on the Bolt app as the cost of the fare. It can be annoying.
Although, Bolt augments the difference every Monday. So the driver has to wait from Tuesday to next Monday for the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by CharleyBright(m): 1:54pm On May 31, 2022
I do Bolt part time and pick passengers sometimes in the mornings and evenings when I need urgent cash to buy fuel.
The one that usually get me pissed in such situations are card trips.
You leave house without cash hoping to carry a rider and get urgent cash. The fuel in your tank is low, you can manage for 2 or 3 trips.
You pick your first passenger and annoying see it is a Card Trip, and the rider won't pay u.
Okay no wahala, u hope u will get cash in the 2nd trip.
U pick your 2nd rider, and again it is another Card Trip. How frustrating.
And by the time u finish the 2nd ride, your fuel is low and you are without cash.
You pick your 3rd Passenger and frustratingly, it turns out to be a card trip, and by time u get to your destination you are without cash and fuel.
Your morning is already spoilt.
God help u the car develops issues on the way.

Bolt app owners usually repay drivers for Card trips only on Mondays.
But I learnt they have changed it after it was generating issues between drivers and riders.
Bolt app owners are taking advantage of situations.
The drivers labour daily ,faces serious challenges all day, pay high maintenance costs on their cars, and Bolt app owners just sit and collect a Whooping 25% on every ride without owning a car, fueling or maintqaning the car.
It is a rip off cartel.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Positiveme2020: 2:07pm On May 31, 2022
DaInferno:
ah, which motor be that?

na aeroplane ac?

That is to show you how dishonest they are . Servicing AC with such amount as if he is addressing babies.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Positiveme2020: 2:13pm On May 31, 2022
stephenponti:

Do you own a car? if you do you won't ask that question.
Which kind of car do u service AC with 200k? I know majority of the cars are corolla?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 2:45pm On May 31, 2022
shortgun:
Greedy people, bolt and uber fares is high compared to city cabs.
Just yesterday I paid #3,600 for a trip of less than 30mins, the other time when I was in Lagos Bolt charged me about 8k from lekki to Festac.
People use their services cos of convenience not they are cheap.

Make them come collect our salary na. grin

Even with the current rate, Lagosians done dey shun Bolt o. They should try increase and see what would happen. That is when they would experience the main strike- from riders this time.

3 Likes

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 3:11pm On May 31, 2022
valudong:
Imagine using a very clean Lexus es350 to run a distance of about 20 minutes and bolt and bolt is giving me #500 in Owerri, dem fit make you cry, someone said bolt is expensive, Oga buy motor use make your waka na, you go carry one bastard with bad manners, e go say stop here, stop there, e go relax for backseat Dey give orders as car owner at the end of the trip #500, at time you go need for 4 trips to get #2000, motor sef dn chop fuel finish

Who sent you to use es350? Is it not your mate using i4/2L cars? You want to do big boy. You never start. Them go soon chop egg roll leave the oily nylon inside your Lexus.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by stephenponti(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2022
Positiveme2020:

Which kind of car do u service AC with 200k? I know majority of the cars are corolla?
The majority of the car is Corolla you should also know what brands are the minority of the cars? Even the Corolla you mentioned have adifferent year models and so their spare parts price defers.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by blackgold2018(m): 5:22pm On May 31, 2022
shortgun:

You guys keep talking about who's poor or not shows alot about your mentality.. between a passenger/customer and a driver/vendor there shouldn't be any debate over who is KING

The last time I checked, you guys were the ones that complained about price, that we usually pay ₦300 for trips which you know it's not true.
You already charge higher than city cabs simply because you think air-conditioning is premium luxury.
It's greed that is driving your protest... what's even the sense in your protest?

The more inflation bites harder people will cut expenses....less passengers for you.
You are now running to the same Govt. that asked you guys to paint your cabs to city cabs colour that you objected?
saying that anywhere in the world Uber is not painted....
Why not operate like it's done everywhere in the world?
Why do you guys think you can become rich overnight with bolt and Uber?

you seem jobless..
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by PapaGfad: 5:56pm On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining

In business, that you are making money doesn't mean you are making profit....let's see his monthly detailed financial records(if he has) and then we can be sharked
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by PapaGfad: 6:04pm On May 31, 2022
Positiveme2020:

That is to show you how dishonest they are . Servicing AC with such amount as if he is addressing babies.

Always search all matters. You may be lucky with the kind of technicians that you have but bros, I just spent about 95k trying to fix my AC and guess what, the thing Neva work. Now, I am looking for another technician after patronizing 3...by the time that one too start, how much will I spend? I no know yet. When it comes to fixing a vehicle in Nigeria, aside from high cost of spare parts, technician are another set of money vampires who don't care about you.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by lookingfly: 6:27pm On May 31, 2022
inoki247:
Na everything wan strike under this Govt make dem sha no allow Ashawoo or hookup girls go strike abg....
and bubu no kuku send they fly every with tax payers money.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Sholuwa241: 6:34pm On May 31, 2022
OK
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Olalekanbanky1(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2022
kekakuz:
I feel their pain tho.
But I know a bolt guy that makes about 20k on Saturdays alone.
How Is He doing it that you people are complaining

And did he tell u hw much he spent on d car before he made the 20k?

Oil, tyre, brake pads, fuel and even the time spent.

At the end of the end of the day, he'd have like 4k-5k profit. From morning till evening oh
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:39pm On May 31, 2022
grin

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by BoltAndUberAbj: 7:40pm On May 31, 2022
We move to the National Assembly tomorrow
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Wwwq: 7:43pm On May 31, 2022
Really
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by 141samuel: 9:12pm On May 31, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Then, it will only be patronized exclusively by the rich. Distance you use to pay 1,000 naira will now be 3,000 naira just for one trip. Remember, not everyone has a job and most of the jobs are poorly paid jobs.
bro you get it wrong, that's not how to calculate minimum fee, it's just mean that the amount you pay for any minimum distance can't be less than 1000k, but the distance you are paying for 1000 can still remains the same or slightly different like 1200 or 1300.that little different can go a long way. I hope you understand my expectations, and if you notice must point up there is base on 300, how can you start your vehicle to pickup point, make a call , wait for the rider to come outside, drive to where the rider is going with AC and you are to act politely at end it the trip bolt/Uber will ask you to collect #300 or #500, bolt /Uber will still collect 25%
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by 141samuel: 9:45pm On May 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So in business, there is something called "loss leader", a way in which a business takes a loss to get market share. Dangote did it one time when he crashed the price of Dangote sugar to force out the competition. It's a similar thing Uber/Bolt did, charge 3%/10% to woo riders and drivers. Now that they have a firm grip of the market, there is no need for them to continue charging lower than their cost price. I am not justifying or speaking for these businesses o, just laying it out as it is. There are multiple aspects to businesses not just the 25% they charge you riders. Since you guys have been able to form a Union in Abuja and its effective why don't you guys consider floating your own platform to compete with Uber/Bolt. If you guys set it up as a non-profit Co-operative you guys can set fares and drivers can get to keep as much percentage of the fares as you decide.
I understand your point, but still this bolt/ Uber will give rider bonus and stop drivers bonus and drivers keep complaining high cost living/ mentainance. Who makes money and still give back
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by AchichaMmuo: 9:53pm On May 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Who sent you to use es350? Is it not your mate using i4/2L cars? You want to do big boy. You never start. Them go soon chop egg roll leave the oily nylon inside your Lexus.

Nigerians and their Extreme level of stupIdity. You won't ask this sill.y question when you see them using G-Wagon and Morden cars for Uber in the US or Dubai. So he should sell his Lexus to buy 2003 Corolla because he wants to do bolt, something he might even be doing as side hustle.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 9:56pm On May 31, 2022
AchichaMmuo:

Nigerians and their Extreme level of stupIdity. You won't ask this sill.y question when you see them using G-Wagon and Morden cars for Uber in the US or Dubai. So he should sell his Lexus to buy 2003 Corolla because he wants to do bolt, something he might even be doing as side hustle.

He should stop complaining. This has nothing to do with stupidity but understanding the environment. It is basic economics.

If you decide to use Rolls Royce to provide ehailing service for Tiktok girls from Ikotun to Ilasan because you saw them doing it in Dubai (a tourist destination), then I do hope the saying that children take intelligence from their mothers holds true for your kids.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Ken4Christ: 11:01pm On May 31, 2022
141samuel:
bro you get it wrong, that's not how to calculate minimum fee, it's just mean that the amount you pay for any minimum distance can't be less than 1000k, but the distance you are paying for 1000 can still remains the same or slightly different like 1200 or 1300.that little different can go a long way. I hope you understand my expectations, and if you notice must point up there is base on 300, how can you start your vehicle to pickup point, make a call , wait for the rider to come outside, drive to where the rider is going with AC and you are to act politely at end it the trip bolt/Uber will ask you to collect #300 or #500, bolt /Uber will still collect 25%

OK. I get your point.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by valudong(m): 4:51am On Jun 01, 2022
pocohantas:

If you enter motor wey no clean, na you go still complain, I no buy Lexus for Bolt but na de country make me use am as per side hustle cos say e choke.

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Keji1012(m): 7:41am On Jun 01, 2022
Gwan2:

Bros, you dey lie abeg. Even with discount, the least bolt had charge me from just a short distance between mabushi car park to Etisalat office Wuse 2 (just about 2km drive or slightly more than) is #400. WITH DISCOUNT OO..and I used it severally for same journey, without discount is #500…..no dey lie abeg. Some of una too greedy

I don't need arguing with u sir
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Jun 01, 2022
valudong:

If you enter motor wey no clean, na you go still complain, I no buy Lexus for Bolt but na de country make me use am as per side hustle cos say e choke.

It mustn’t be a Lexus to be clean. The topic is not the neatness of your car, it is the spec. Continue using it as side hustle, but the fares won’t automatically increase because you decided to use your Lexus

1 Like

Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by otokx(m): 9:04am On Jun 01, 2022
AchichaMmuo:

Don't be dense my brother, how much is Mobile 1 now, the oil I normally use for my car is 28k + plus filter, had to look for an alternative which goes for about 22k + filter. You guys will just be making useless comments.

Others use Mobil that costs 8500, you can make your point without resorting to insults.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Positiveme2020: 3:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
PapaGfad:

Always search all matters. You may be lucky with the kind of technicians that you have but bros, I just spent about 95k trying to fix my AC and guess what, the thing Neva work. Now, I am looking for another technician after patronizing 3...by the time that one too start, how much will I spend? I no know yet. When it comes to fixing a vehicle in Nigeria, aside from high cost of spare parts, technician are another set of money vampires who don't care about you.

Then it's because your have a bad technician. Not that to fix an average car used for e hauling in Nigeria will cost that much.
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by Positiveme2020: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
stephenponti:

The majority of the car is Corolla you should also know what brands are the minority of the cars? Even the Corolla you mentioned have adifferent year models and so their spare parts price defers.
So which one are you using , let's know how u spent such amount?
Re: Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja by abdn: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
I make great money earning with Uber and I think you’d love it too. Get details: https://www.uber.com/a/join/?invite_code=tu2k8uuey2vc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Have To Be Nice To Bank Tellers - A Nairalander's Experience. / Wyse Or Pye Tutorial Centre? / The Truth About Bank Pay In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.