Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate (67176 Views)

Wike Meets PDP Governors, Ex-Governors As Rift With Atiku Deepens (Pictures) / Tinubu To Meet APC Governors As Race For Running Mate Begins / Ninth National Assembly To Get 15 Ex-governors As Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by EdwardRandy(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2022
awoo10:
Obi would have been a better choice...Peter Obi made a big political miscalculation, he shouldn't have come pit yet for the presidency, he ought to have supported the Atiku candidacy, help him win with his SE votes...this will surely align him for the presidency in rhe next 8years which would have definitely been the South turn again, by then he would have had a massive Northern support...With this mistake Obi will forever be at the fringes of power...I love the man, but he didn't choose his fight rightly...
Didn't you read when the governors said they can only support Atiku if he chooses one of them as vice since they are the ones who control the electoral delegates? Is Peter Obi a sitting governor? How do you want Obi to perform magic when he has seen he won't be getting the ticket and the governors have blocked his chance of being the VP? In my opinion, I think Obi made a brave move.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by goaldynman(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2022
awoo10:
[s]Obi would have been a better choice...Peter Obi made a big political miscalculation, he shouldn't have come pit yet for the presidency, he ought to have supported the Atiku candidacy, help him win with his SE votes...this will surely align him for the presidency in rhe next 8years which would have definitely been the South turn again, by then he would have had a massive Northern support...With this mistake Obi will forever be at the fringes of power...I love the man, but he didn't choose his fight rightly.[/s]..

Obi becoming Atikus vice does not stop Hausa Fulani from contesting again and seeking to rule forever!

The one Osinbajo is the vice, are they going to make him the president?
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by AmazingELixir: 7:26am On May 31, 2022
Sleekfingers:

And you think the southeast or south south won't grab the VP slot......as a matter of fact, Wike might end up being his VP.......
Trust those politicians at your own risk......

Wike will never accept a VP position that wouldn't serve his kind of person...he is better off as a minister in a sensitive and problematic position as Defense or interior.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by ppogba: 7:26am On May 31, 2022
ogmask:

The job of a vice does not include questioning the president.l, he takes instructions. Even if you bring the strongest man as vice he can not change the policy direction of his master.

I agree with you on this. But being courageous comes handy for a VP especially where the interest of his people is concerned. Wike may have his shortcomings but I feel he will not sleep and snore when the matter concerns his people.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by victorv12(m): 7:28am On May 31, 2022
Islie:
Atiku Abubakar is in consultation with the National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, and some key leaders of the PDP on his vice presidential pick

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533664-atiku-pdp-considering-two-governors-as-vice-presidential-candidate.html

If Atiku is smart, he truly wants to move the country forward, he should select Wike. Most especially, in terms of security, Wike is trust worthy. He will challenge anybody for the sake of the country.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:28am On May 31, 2022
Bragalane:
it show you are worthless m here you are not even being considered for VP or how does one chose either of failure of Ugwuayi or Ikpeazu as VP. Is that presidential dream not dead on arrival.
for northern delegates to vote for Atiku, snubbing lots of you, shows how worthless lots of you are .... Smh
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Frankiss44(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Udom or okowa I believe

Btw atiku government would be one of stealing to recoup all he has spent for decades

Be wise we can't afford a Muslim northernern for 16 yrs straight

I won't be surprise you voted out a Christian southerner not too long ago only to come up with this narrative now
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by vince96w2(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2022
Ohislee:
Atiku should start his campaign in the North and finish his campaign in the North. His vice should also come from the North. We Southerners are not interested in Vice Presidency.

It is Presidency or nothing.
lol..You will vote him when A PC brings lawan
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by nkemjacob2(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2022
I wept for southerners and their mode of betrayer. Ones upon a time they all gathered to conlude d presidency going to d south but here came d scenero of giving d ticket to a northerner.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Royalty83(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2022
Ohislee:
Atiku should start his campaign in the North and finish his campaign in the North. His vice should also come from the North. We Southerners are not interested in Vice Presidency.

If he steps in the south east him go collect.. Aswear
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by na2016: 7:31am On May 31, 2022
Yus2020:
Udom is the worst option udom is the class of Godwin Emefuele thief.
Atiku and Udom will steal Nigeria dry

They don't know
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by mfm04622: 7:32am On May 31, 2022
Grgton:
Peter obi quitting from the party show SE isn't interested in vp position!

1. Does Peter Obi speak for all SE?
2. If SE don't want VP, why didn't their delegates vote SE aspirants in PDP?
3. Will SE vote for another party apart from PDP?

How much do you want to bet that Labour Party won't win a single LG in the election? Even in Anambra?
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by emexc11(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2022
awoo10:
Obi would have been a better choice...Peter Obi made a big political miscalculation, he shouldn't have come pit yet for the presidency, he ought to have supported the Atiku candidacy, help him win with his SE votes...this will surely align him for the presidency in rhe next 8years which would have definitely been the South turn again, by then he would have had a massive Northern support...With this mistake Obi will forever be at the fringes of power...I love the man, but he didn't choose his fight rightly...
Peter Obi took the best decision by pulling out from the dollarized primaries of the PDP. Nigerians will be voting for an individual that has integrity and clean past this time around, we are tired of APC and PDP.
2023 election will be a very interesting one as it won't be the traditional 2horse race as it may get up to 4 or 5 this time around.
Peter Obi's chances will depend on how well he play his cards. I see him as a favored candidate, he has majority of the youth population queuing behind him.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by dmostcheerful(f): 7:32am On May 31, 2022
pyro62:
All these people don't have capacity! Realign with the heavyweight wike as your Vice if you want votes from the south delivered to you. Or prepare to contest again by 2027
If he pick Wike the whole south will leave him behind.
If Rivers people don't like him, what played out in primary will repeat itself.
Cause easterners won't vote him and neither will southern state like Akwa Ibom and calabar the only state that can do that is Bayelsa.
And that's all.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by ViceGovernor: 7:32am On May 31, 2022
Pelme:
Somebody should please go tell Atiku to even go rest, this man has been on this pursuit so long.
Which is exactly why he's coming to do more damage....
All these years he has been losing yet he still wants to be president definitely there's a hidden plan and I'm sure by now he knows all the states that don't usually vote for him.
If he wins there's no way those states won't suffer undecided plus he's the only aspirant that is more greedy than opolo eye cheesy
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by MrUchenna1(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2022
Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof; it is temporary expedient, often wise in party politics, almost sure to be unwise in statesmanship
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Latakia(f): 7:34am On May 31, 2022
So Obi Pandora the new labourer is not in the picture again grin
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:35am On May 31, 2022
See tribalism can never never stop in the Zoo! Their problem is just TRIBALISM! Free Biafra, let everybody manage their tribalism and stupidity, it can't work when combined together!
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Interesting2023: 7:36am On May 31, 2022
awoo10:

U've said it all...Obi shud have been the best bet for VP slot now and have a greater chance of taking over from Atuku...
Calculations gone wrong i guess
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by AFONJAPIG(m): 7:36am On May 31, 2022
Ohislee:

southerners kee you there.. I be 5 percent and I will give my 5percent to the North... during election u will know we are southerners after election u will start calling me South Easterner

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Seredebe: 7:38am On May 31, 2022
pyro62:
All these people don't have capacity! Realign with the heavyweight wike as your Vice if you want votes from the south delivered to you. Or prepare to contest again by 2027
wike is arrogant. He will fight his boss if he eventually becomes vp

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:38am On May 31, 2022
RichDad1:
One thing I find amusing on this site is after crying about Hausa/Fulani hegemony over the past 8 years, some southerners are still here rooting for another Hausa/Fulani undecided undecided
Majority of these online noise makers lacks consistency. Playing ethno-religious cards was just a farce. All they’re after is for the PDP to be back in power. Even if it’s someone from Chad, they careless.
Wike has been vocal about this, but the same Southerners turned around to attack him for being bold to challenge the Northerners.
Suddenly Biafra/Oduduwa nasan doesn’t matter anymore, Peter Obi can go to hell. Fulani cattle are no longer a threat to their farms again. All they want is PDP back on power anyway anyhow. Bunch of hypocrites.
If the SE leaders can hang up and collide with others to frustrate their best candidate out of the PDP, who is Wike ? They will rather queue behind the same Fulani they love to hate.
Even after all these, the PDP still don’t rate them for the VP positions. cheesy cheesy Clowns and slave in their own homes.
We will all be here to laugh at your foolishness in not too distance future.
By the time Wike resurrected the VAT case, let me see where those double faced SE/SS Governors that betrayed him will hide their faces.
Suddenly 2023 seems like a decade away, we southerners are more selfish and short-sighted honestly, everyone is fighting for his/her pocket not the collective good of all. We lack leadership and composure unlike the far north. Wike fighting vat, ibori fighting true federalism were all frustrated by southerners to please the north. Here we are tearing up ourselves while begging for vp. Shameless lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Felimax(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2022
Tissaia:
I'm card carrying member of APC, i and my family benefited a lot from APC that's been said, I don't care who's APC presidential candidate, cus I'm voting Atiku

Why?
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by adeoba2008(m): 7:40am On May 31, 2022
I thought he said he will hand over to an ibo man? How will it happen if he uses someone like Okowa as his Vice ?
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by skywalker240(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2022
awoo10:
Yes, so the catastrophic north will rule for 16 years, Before the gullible South run for president right?
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by BigYash: 7:41am On May 31, 2022
Pelme:
Somebody should please go tell Atiku to even go rest, this man has been on this pursuit so long.
Baba wan come loot. He said he just need only one tenure.. Baba wan empty Treasury ,go Dubai go relax grin
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by Interesting2023: 7:41am On May 31, 2022
emexc11:

Peter Obi took the best decision by pulling out from the dollarized primaries of the PDP. Nigerians will be voting for an individual that has integrity and clean past this time around, we are tired of APC and PDP.
2023 election will be a very interesting one as it won't be the traditional 2horse race as it may get up to 4 or 5 this time around.
Peter Obi's chances will depend on how well he play his cards. I see him as a favored candidate, he has majority of the youth population queuing behind him.

Which yoots are u referring to? Is it those that are looking for any possible means to japa and don't give a shit about the election, abi those that will just rant on social media platforms and go to sleep, abi those wey neva get PVC or even think of getting...
Nigeria politics is not for Peter Obi outside those 2 big wig political parties bcoz our so called yoots are not even united not to talk of being ready to make it happen.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by rolams(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2022
Ohislee:

Obi should start his campaign in the South and finish his campaign in the South. The Northerners are not worried about southern votes.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by NSK4U(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2022
Ohislee:

Please speak for yourself mr.
I support Atiku and whoever he picks as vice.
Let those who claim to have invested in apc reap the fruit of their greediness.
Re: Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate by 4four(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2022
RichDad1:
One thing I find amusing on this site is after crying about Hausa/Fulani hegemony over the past 8 years, some southerners are still here rooting for another Hausa/Fulani undecided undecided
Majority of these online noise makers lacks consistency. Playing ethno-religious cards was just a farce. All they’re after is for the PDP to be back in power. Even if it’s someone from Chad, they careless.
Wike has been vocal about this, but the same Southerners turned around to attack him for being bold to challenge the Northerners.
Suddenly Biafra/Oduduwa nasan doesn’t matter anymore, Peter Obi can go to hell. Fulani cattle are no longer a threat to their farms again. All they want is PDP back on power anyway anyhow. Bunch of hypocrites.
If the SE leaders can hang up and collide with others to frustrate their best candidate out of the PDP, who is Wike ? They will rather queue behind the same Fulani they love to hate.
Even after all these, the PDP still don’t rate them for the VP positions. cheesy cheesy Clowns and slave in their own homes.
We will all be here to laugh at your foolishness in not too distance future.
By the time Wike resurrected the VAT case, let me see where those double faced SE/SS Governors that betrayed him will hide their faces.
lol.... Most of southerners are not really tire of fulanis rule over them, is just that their choice of fulanis is not the one in power. All of us will be alright last last

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano People Refused To Welcome Tinubu After Collecting Our Money - APC Chieftain / Ahmed Indimi And His Pet - A White Lion (Photos) / Caption This Picture Of Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.