Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent (87862 Views)

Why Buhari’s Preferred Candidate Has Not Been Unveiled / 2023: President Buhari ‘preferred Candidate’ For APC Revealed / APC Ticket: Osinbajo Is Buhari’s Preferred Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by bennybuhari: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2022
I agree. Atiku will win by 12pm on election day if APC fields Lawan

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2022
It’s the fact that Tinubu thinks he would rule nigeria lmaoo

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by sogodihno: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Xbobtage:
[s][/s]Realistically speaking, neither Tinubu nor Osibanjo can defeat atiku in the presidential election. The reason being that Peter Obi is still running the race in a third party. Peter Obi will siphon most of the votes in the SE/SS annnnnd, alot of progressive yorubas will also vote for him, when you consider that osibanjo has been part of this government that has decimated nigeria. If we are projecting that Atiku will win atleast 65 percent of the votes in the north, then the only southern candidate who can win him must be one who can drain igbo votes. Yes igbos usually vote less in election times, but the igbo vote is looking like what will be the swing vote this election if the apc picks a yoruba candidate.

All Atiku has to do now pick another igboic VP and its game over, which ever way you look at it.

An alternative for APC might be that they pick Amaechi, who then picks a very strong northerner like El rufai or Prof from Bornu. Amaechi might be able to drain igbo votes from Obi, with a huge support from the SS and maybe 15% support from SW.

Point here is, now that Atiku is the PDP flag bearer, and obi is still running, If APC wants to win the presidency they will be making a risky move picking a Yoruba candidate.[s][/s]

Thrash. Amaechi that can't even win River State

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by gotnel: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Waiting for the d day. Everything about a certain prefer candidate is just a passing story.
Everything will come to clarity soon.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by ajerimitan: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2022
This can be a two way coin. Atiku is now heavy weight in the presidential match. Fronting Osinbajo is like cheap win for Atiku. Majority of Nigerian voters will not see the good in Osinbajo yet. As most are still very busy with partisanship and party politics laced with ethnic sentiments. Whatever Buhari markets will fail, what ever Tinubu supports will fail also because they have done their worst to Nigerians already. Osinbajo might also fail just because he is a child of circumstances. Besides Atiku will claim a good part of the north and some south. Hausas, fulanis and the north has never been known to turn their back against their blood and it's not going to happen just yet. Besides the south is always divided. As for the few elites who don't want Atiku their opinions may not fly. I see Atiku beating what ever comes from APC hands-down and flawlessly, APC had their chance but they lost it. APC have done too much of a Damage within a Very short period. I See Atiku Emerging As the new president. Nigerians may not trust osinbajo yet. He might still have some Tinubu blood in him.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by tollyboy5(m): 10:51am On Jun 01, 2022
seunmsg:
Osinbajo is not a bad choice. I will give him my full support if he’s eventually nominated as the party’s candidate. However, the party must conduct a free, fair and credible primary election.
Election or not we support the buhari your party gave us.
You argues we need a hardguy like buhari. Tinubu has been imposing candidate in Lagos, primaries will also hold and buhari consensus candidate will win
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by paltielx: 10:52am On Jun 01, 2022
So buhari is alive
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by qtx(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Anaerobi(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

It's all about common sense bro

Bro this election is just open.

Nigeria is just divided as it is now.

Atiku knows that north only can't give me what he wants. West only can't give PYO votes. If it goes to Lawan it will he more didvided as it s now, South East are in Labour Party. Everyone just want to get the attention of south South now. So you never can tell.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Teenaira: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Amongst all the presidential candidates, the only one I can never cast my vote for is Oshinbajo and the only reason is because he said he wants to continue what Buhari has being doing.

In 2015 when people voted massively for Buhari, it was because they felt he wants to solve some of the oceans of problems bedeviling Nigerian's. Little did they know that Buhari have only 2 important missions.
1. RUGA
2. Settlement of Fulanis all over Africa in Nigeria.

Now if you ask Buhari how he feels he has performed, he will praise himself to the high heavens. However, if you ask ANY Nigeria how Buhari has performed, They will tell you they regretted voting for him.

If this is what PYO is going to continue, I will rather vote for a � (bingo) or better still not vote at all than destroying Nigeria further.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Mitsurugi(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2022
Mossadd:
Osinbajo is the only candidate I can vote for over Atiku,Peter Obi would have been my favourite but voting for Labour Party Is just pure wasting of vote.if Osinbajo contest I will vote for him but any other candidate in apc apart from Osinbajo will be worse than buhari

This wasting of vote angle sef........ are you playing NaijaBet or supporting a football club or what? So you'll rather sear your conscience or mortgage your future and vote idiots so when they win you can claim to have voted a winner. Chai!
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by tollyboy5(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2022
ajerimitan:
This can be a two way coin. Atiku is now heavy weight in the presidential match. Fronting Osinbajo is like cheap win for Atiku. Majority of Nigerian voters will not see the good in Osinbajo yet. As most are still very busy with partisanship and party politics laced with ethnic sentiments. Whatever Buhari markets will failhim.
Buhari has always gather above 12million vote from the north even when he lost. He won 2015 and 2019 he won again.
This your theory only applies to SE and part of SS
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by emmykk(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2022
Jman06:
Osinbajo is Nigeria's next president

No southern can be president of Nigeria until Yoruba and igbo and south south become one.

Atiku is many miles ahead of Osinbajo.PDP is winning next election flat.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Yankee101: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2022
This looks like the long game
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Okoroawusa: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2022
Anybody that APC presents as its presidential candidate is my choice for 2023....

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Theoarhics: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2022
I was supporting PDP, but they bring forth Osibanjo then they will get my vote and other votes of South. I preferred him to Atiku but I preferred Atiku to any other APC aspirants
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by kingyakos: 10:57am On Jun 01, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
This story Na wash

Na only wash?...
The story na yansh
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Rajahbite(m): 10:58am On Jun 01, 2022
Wayo
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Buckeyemedia1: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:
So we have been hearing.

But we can only be certain after the Apc primary
Most often, you win the fight before you step in the ring, it is only common sense logic, no sentiments involved.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Buckeyemedia1: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2022
kingyakos:

Na only wash?...
The story na yansh
Na yansh to mumus, you should port immediately to the romance section, and leave politics to the astute minded individuals.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by maasoap(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2022
God1000:
Osinbajo is a loyalty VP

On the contrary, Osinbajo is the opposite of that. Why was he stripped of social intervention programmes like Npower and Hup? Why was his number of aides reduced drastically? Why was he made redundant unlike before, the same VP who happened to be the most occupied VP in the history of Nigeria?
That was because he betrayed Buhari on many occasions and he was punished.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Tunagee(m): 11:00am On Jun 01, 2022
Confirmedzombie:
Those close to Tinubu the Chicago drug baron should advice him to step down now and withdraw from the race.

The disgrace that will befall this ugly corrupt armed robber will cause him heart attack.

Tinubu will never rule Nigeria.

Over my dead body will this ugly greedy corrupt bullion van thief rule Nigeria.

I hate this Tinubu like mad. Old man that should be resting, he wants to rule Nigeria.
Nonsense

Hahahaha grin
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by tollyboy5(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2022
Anaerobi:

Bro this election is just open.

Nigeria is just divided as it is now.

Atiku knows that north only can't give me what he wants. West only can't give PYO votes. If it goes to Lawan it will he more didvided as it s now, South East are in Labour Party. Everyone just want to get the attention of south South now. So you never can tell.
My candidate is pyo . The vote from Southwest will be massive for pyo because southwest has one of the highest collected voters card. Middle Belt state like kwara, kogi and Niger state will like vote inline with southwest.
Buhari endorsement will go a long way in the north most especially his home town Katsina and also Kaduna.
A nothern VP will be choosed and if it is El rufai case closed.
Kwakwanso and atiku can devide the rest vote while SE and SS vote obi and Atiku

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by ufuosman(m): 11:01am On Jun 01, 2022
Soon we go know afar
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Tunagee(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2022
pacespot:
At least Osinbajo is better than that frogeyed fraud. He is more versed with Nigerian situation than any of the candidates.

grin frogged eye bandit
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by GeneralDae: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2022
MartinsD12:

Story telling but one thing is certain it's definitely not tinubu, GEJ is coming.
GEJ at this time is not even a member of the party and if by Friday it stays that way, then GEJ is completely out of the picture. Only 2 Northern Governors are campaigning for GEJ, and they still haven't convinced Buhari on GEJ yet.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Buckeyemedia1: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2022
maasoap:

On the contrary, Osinbajo is the opposite of that. Why was he stripped of social intervention programmes like Npower and Hup? Why was his number of aides reduced drastically? Why was he made redundant unlike before, the same VP who happened to be the most occupied VP in the history of Nigeria?
That was because he betrayed Buhari on many occasions and he was punished.
Name one initiative that you are aware of, started by Namadi Sambo under Jonathan?

I am waiting.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by LordGuru1: 11:03am On Jun 01, 2022
Peter Obi made a great mistake by leaving PDP. Nigeria Politics has a format, he was the most favoured there then. I and many others vowed to vote him then. No body over forming "holy holy" can win Nigerian Presidency for now. He should have Played the game courageously instead of leaving, everything was in his favour but he was ill-advised. Labour Party has no Nationwide Structure to Power-Grab from the 2 Parties fully on ground. Only a self-deceiving Person would think Labour Party would perform miracles. My heart bled when Obi left PDP, sincerely I felt like he was bewitched to flee from his Glorious Destiny. Probably, Atiku, knowing fully well that Obi would have won the Ticket from him, planted a mole who perfectly masqueraded as his best friend and advice him to flee "the evil Party". The PDP outcome shocked me to marrow. When will Southern Nigerians be Wise and Unite?! cry

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by rapboss(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

I watched the debate obi fans were just overhyping. Osinbajo was realistic at the debate
How realistic was he when he wasn't able to bring up possible statistical figures during the debate? Or how realistic is he by being in charge of N-Power and Tradermoni? Do you think creating Private wealth is the key, as that's the aim of those two programs? Now, tell me would you value somebody that dashes you money monthly as a form of being benevolence or someone teaching you a business then setting it for you after you've learnt it? This government has nothing to offer that's the reason they think giving people money directly is a form of reducing poverty. I don't want to go deep into economics. It's a disguise of creating wealth privately. Obi told us that creating wealth privately impoverishes everybody but creating public wealth enriches everybody. "Production not Consumption" – Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by maasoap(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Xbobtage:
Realistically speaking, neither Tinubu nor Osibanjo can defeat atiku in the presidential election. The reason being that Peter Obi is still running the race in a third party. Peter Obi will siphon most of the votes in the SE/SS annnnnd, alot of progressive yorubas will also vote for him, when you consider that osibanjo has been part of this government that has decimated nigeria. If we are projecting that Atiku will win atleast 65 percent of the votes in the north, then the only southern candidate who can win him must be one who can drain igbo votes. Yes igbos usually vote less in election times, but the igbo vote is looking like what will be the swing vote this election if the apc picks a yoruba candidate.

All Atiku has to do now pick another igboic VP and its game over, which ever way you look at it.

An alternative for APC might be that they pick Amaechi, who then picks a very strong northerner like El rufai or Prof from Bornu. Amaechi might be able to drain igbo votes from Obi, with a huge support from the SS and maybe 15% support from SW.

Point here is, now that Atiku is the PDP flag bearer, and obi is still running, If APC wants to win the presidency they will be making a risky move picking a Yoruba candidate.

Typical amala joint analysis. Nigerians will vote for another SS just after 8 years, just like any sensible person shouldn't vote Atiku, another northerner just after 0 year
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by bennybuhari: 11:05am On Jun 01, 2022
Atiku is the most popular northerner after Buhari..so whoever APC will field must have national acceptance
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by IgOga(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2022
These papers claimed last week that Tinubu has been cleared by the screening committee when the screening hasn't happened.

I don't think they know...if Buhari had preferred Osibanjo...Osibanjo will not release a SUG type video to declare. He would likely declare inside Aso rock. Infact Tinubu would probably not be running....The likes of Aregbesola and Ojudu propping him up won't be the lead figure..

I think it is unclear whether Buhari really had a choice or he's just deciding as events are unfolding. Adesina claimed to know the preferred candidate though but I think he was bluffing.....

Osibanjo need to appeal to some contestants to step down for him....and he needs to make way with APC governors.....every governor is calculating...who can win the general election?....they don't want to be in opposition...some of them are waiting to be federal ministers or ambassador.....With Atiku leading PDP...and Obi in Labour.....Kwankwanso in NNPP......the permutation will finally be who can win a general election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After What I Saw Today, Peter Obi Should Not Border To Campaign In Edo - Obinyan / Kogi Governorship Election 2019 Results From Polling Units By Daily Post / Gwagwalada Hospital Ventilator Moved To Aso Rock - Reno Omokri Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.