Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Am I Spending Lavishly ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Spending Lavishly ? (27143 Views)

No Wonder Uche Is Spending Like Yahoo Boy / How To EARN $100 To $2,000 Or More From CPA Offers WITHOUT Spending Any Money. / Earn Cash Without Spending A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by soberdrunk(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
angry
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by MrCover: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
@Poster, That Money You Are Earning is too small, Start Blogging Business And Thank Much Later.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Johel(m): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:
I must say this year has been better and much brighter compared to the previous year. But one thing i have been worried about is my saving culture or is it that what i earn isn't high/sufficient enough to cater for bills like transportation, feeding, housing, electricity and other miscellaneous bills.

My salary is a little above 50k and before you know it, by the 3rd week of the month, everything would have finished. I cant say i am spending lavishly on anything because i an introvet. I hardly get to save anything at the end of the month and it pains me alot. I wonder if i am the only one facing this experience or there are other people earning lower or higher facing this.

Could it be that my saving culture is poor? How do you solve this challenge or how are you coping with it.

Be doing ajor with your colleagues...it's not lavish,you just refused to live the life of a poor man...You earn,so you must eat from it.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Hambivert: 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
Save what you think is cool before you start any kind of expenses when your salary is paid.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Pootle: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
on a normal 50k no b money...do you wanna stave, trek because you wan save angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Jmichael1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:
I must say this year has been better and much brighter compared to the previous year. But one thing i have been worried about is my saving culture or is it that what i earn isn't high/sufficient enough to cater for bills like transportation, feeding, housing, electricity and other miscellaneous bills.

My salary is a little above 50k and before you know it, by the 3rd week of the month, everything would have finished. I cant say i am spending lavishly on anything because i an introvet. I hardly get to save anything at the end of the month and it pains me alot. I wonder if i am the only one facing this experience or there are other people earning lower or higher facing this.

Could it be that my saving culture is poor? How do you solve this challenge or how are you coping with it.

bro nt only u ooh,my own worst,to save nah wahala and i also earn abv 50k...

don't knw wat to do again...
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by IamMobisola(f): 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Presently in Nigeria, you can't save with that salary if you are paying rent, buying foodstuffs and paying for transport.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Webforyou: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

My brother in this present Nigeria. 50k is just like 5k . No be your fault. Just look for a way to increase your hustling velocity. With that being said try to double your hustle

6 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by adubam(m): 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
michlins:
You live on 50k a month?

A labourer is paid 4k daily and he starts work at 8 and closes at 4pm.

Please sir, you must not be a civil servant. The way Nigeria salary is built is meant to make you poor for life. With 50k can you eat nkwobi of 5k a plate or don't you know that you deserve it after struggling in Nigeria.

It's actually a miracle that 50k lasts you for three weeks and I need your template on how you do it

It's really a miracle. His template of managing 50k which is 83 dollars in
3 weeks should be used in Business Schools and in Harvard.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Emeka71(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Save more.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Jmichael1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Pineapplelove:
OP do you have a girlfriend? if yes cut whatever you have been giving her
do you have anyother invetsment you are spending on with that salary ? if your answer is no, make sure you get an business to be spending part of your salary on once you collect it. that way, you wont have too much slush fund on you.
also find perosn wey you fit dey bill or help you on a steady. maybe a family member cheesy

family members wen go 1st bill u b4 u even start to bill them....

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by buttlover(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
Onahi95:
I'm on 30k a month and I've been having headache on how to spend... No matter how frugal I spend I'm always broke, can't even remember the last time I got any new thing for myself. Rent ma dey one side dey look

npower beneficiary spotted cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by FuckAllTheMODs: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Saving requires depriving yourself of certain things. Cut cost and some spending off for now, you can have or enjoy them when you are financially stable.

You can't say you want to save and at the same time try to enjoy every amenities.

There are people who earn lesser than what you earn and still make savings monthly.

Although, it is not the kind of life people want to live back then but I was able to raise 300k+ from my 15k salary(first year) and then 30k salary(second year) before quitting working for others to set up my biz.
Note: I supported it with side gigs and dollar was not as high as it is now.

But ehn, how do people cope with such a pay in this present Nigeria?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Thomthom(m): 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2022
This is what happened when leaders don't know there left from right.. Bro even if they pay you 100k for Nigeria of today, you go still come here ask this same question. Do you know the inflation in this country.. Na As from 500k monthly you go fit leave comfortable life... Naira can no longer by something huge or something that make sense... That 50k for my area, Na transport fare and pocket money incase you won drink mineral and gala for office

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by shantti(m): 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
michlins:
You live on 50k a month?

A labourer is paid 4k daily and he starts work at 8 and closes at 4pm.

Please sir, you must not be a civil servant. The way Nigeria salary is built is meant to make you poor for life. With 50k can you eat nkwobi of 5k a plate or don't you know that you deserve it after struggling in Nigeria.

It's actually a miracle that 50k lasts you for three weeks and I need your template on how you do it

What of people like me wey dey earn 20k per month

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Badlaugh: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
The best is neva spend more than you earn.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Maverick777: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:
I must say this year has been better and much brighter compared to the prev.
Sorry to say OP, but you can't be earning 50k and hope to save a dime from it in this current dispensation(except you live in a rural area).
for context, that your 50k is 75% of my tithe, and I am earnestly searching for more sources of income!
don't beat yourself up broda...
the naira is now more valueless than it has ever been!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2022
Cost of living is very very high now, I used to cope very well with 100k but now same 100k no dey last past 3weeks

5 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by bestman09(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
sad
Nigeria hard at this time. N50k salary is small but try to have a budget and make sure you follow it to the later. Make sure you save something, anything at all monthly.

If you can't fly, run, if you can't run, walk. Don't stay stagnant

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by jericco1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
First, I will say it depends on which part of the country you are working in for you to be able to save out of a 50k salary. Things are considerably cheaper in some parts of the country than the others.
See naa only person wey get much people to lean on dey slack. As a man you need to learn to save by all means, struggle to stand on your own feet. The 50k is more than enough if you can close your eyes to some expenses.

Although i am also in your shoes, For instance when I got my job in Ogun, I had to stay in a place for like 4 months. I noticed i was unable to save 1 kobo. I analyzed what could be the cause. I struggled to save to get a face me I face you room.
After the payment I realized I couldn’t afford a mattress at the moment … that’s if I want to survive going to work, transportation.., eating and not tasking my colleagues for money. Apart from that I still have younger ones I am sending money.

Omo I painted the room myself and bought a rug. I bought two big blanket and I have laid it down in the room like that. I dey use am sleep pending the time I will buy a better mattress. No one will know that’s how my room looks and most importantly, i will be able to save gradually.

You're a true comrade

8 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Savedday: 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by OboOlora(f): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Ha Jesu
<100$ per month
Dude, u r not lavish. The money can nearly even buy my cologne!
Dunno how u guys survive with the amount of money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Petoski7: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
<strong>hello</strong>

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by gasparpisciotta: 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Simple answer: Inflation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by akanbiaa(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
JoyousFurnitire:
slightly above 50k is poor, especially in this economy undecided
Seems you don't know majority of working graduates earn monthly within 5k to 25k.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by alibiz: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Let me tell you the fact, you can not save anything from 50k in this present Nigeria.
The only way out is for you to join a group to be doing monthly contribution with, if you guys are faithful to each other by end of year you have something to rely on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by jericco1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
I don't know if 50k is big or small because at the moment I'm miles ahead of that amount.

Now what I can say is this, the bigger the money the bigger the responsibility. However you can still save from it. You just have to make sure that it is the kind of responsibility for a 50k earner.
If you're earning 50k, try to live within that means, don't spend like someone earning 100k. I know why.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Ezedon(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
No, not at all
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Kingsley67: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
Yeah you're
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by DaddyGngeess(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
FriendsAndFans:
First, I will say it depends on which part of the country you are working in for you to be able to save out of a 50k salary. Things are considerably cheaper in some parts of the country than the others.
See naa only person wey get much people to lean on dey slack. As a man you need to learn to save by all means, struggle to stand on your own feet. The 50k is more than enough if you can close your eyes to some expenses.

Although i am also in your shoes, For instance when I got my job in Ogun, I had to stay in a place for like 4 months. I noticed i was unable to save 1 kobo. I analyzed what could be the cause. I struggled to save to get a face me I face you room.
After the payment I realized I couldn’t afford a mattress at the moment … that’s if I want to survive going to work, transportation.., eating and not tasking my colleagues for money. Apart from that I still have younger ones I am sending money.

Omo I painted the room myself and bought a rug. I bought two big blanket and I have laid it down in the room like that. I dey use am sleep pending the time I will buy a better mattress. No one will know that’s how my room looks and most importantly, i will be able to save gradually.

God will bless soon, dm me and send ur account to me make I bless u small this weekend ok, na save waiting I go send to u oo, use and flex ok

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by laiperi: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
After leaving school and you start earning, spend less than you make unless your pay cannot take you home.

Saving is a habit just in case you get into worse situation. Shiitt happens, be prepared.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of People To Visit The N-Power Situation Room, Abuja / On Interview, How Do I Answer The Salary Question? / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.