Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Am I Spending Lavishly ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Spending Lavishly ? (27141 Views)

No Wonder Uche Is Spending Like Yahoo Boy / How To EARN $100 To $2,000 Or More From CPA Offers WITHOUT Spending Any Money. / Earn Cash Without Spending A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Rico96(m): 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
I make about #160k per month still yet no savings though responsibilities dey my head...here in Lagos no easy that's why I tie hands still dey stay for a room apartment. Last year I was on #60k per month this year new job then #160k and yes I felt I have arrived and in my mind I will save #100k per month. In reality the first two months I was able to save #60, fast forward to now no savings and now everything run into one thing or another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Asianjollof007: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
DaInferno:
for your mind, you're independent?
When someone says they used to do something, they referring to the past

Relax bro, no be fight. How can you compare your past when you were dependent and earning pocket money with this kinda issue, e no correspond chief.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by ThePlugg(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
if you broke,na ur business
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Anonymoususher: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
One way to track how much that comes in and goes out is with the KONNASH app.

There you will able to know whether your expenses exceeds your income and also what takes money out of your pocket more.

I use it and I discovered that my expenses was taking 70% of my income and worse is that food takes the most part, followed by transportation and also goodwill donations I give to family members and friends.

Since then I have scaled down my spending and I thinking I am having more to save now

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by nedekid: 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
adubam:

It takes miracle to survive on 50k a month in Nigeria without no other side hustle.
I concur.
50k for a working man in naija who will enter transport, feed himself, cloth, groceries etc? Bros if you can save 1k in a month, you try!
My pikin in uni, no transport, feeding, accommodation etc all paid for. 50k does not take him through the month.
APC had shown truelly the next level.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Emmymarvel(m): 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kudos to you man for even getting up to the 3rd week of the month with 50k!! Baba forget you dey try.....................dont let anyone tell you otherwise. 50k na like 5k when dey disguise
BItt:
I must say this year has been better and much brighter compared to the previous year. But one thing i have been worried about is my saving culture or is it that what i earn isn't high/sufficient enough to cater for bills like transportation, feeding, housing, electricity and other miscellaneous bills.

My salary is a little above 50k and before you know it, by the 3rd week of the month, everything would have finished. I cant say i am spending lavishly on anything because i an introvet. I hardly get to save anything at the end of the month and it pains me alot. I wonder if i am the only one facing this experience or there are other people earning lower or higher facing this.

Could it be that my saving culture is poor? How do you solve this challenge or how are you coping with it.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by EM123: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
Bro assuming i am earning half of that your salary , dangote will be jealous of me , in as much as i am not earning up to your salary i still try to save 70% of my salary for 5months by denying myself so many things, including girlfriend, drinking beer , i can eat garri 3 times a day, eat rice 3 times a day , trek to my work place , no drinking of satchet water. bro discipline is the only thing that will help you save , out of my little saving, i have been able to startup another business , i'm praying god will increase me so that i will be able to eat what i want to eat , wear any cloth i want to wear . bro learn to discipline yourself. THANKS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
Therock5555:
Bruh we dey the same boat.

When salary comes, I dey save some part, before month end, na that same money wey I safe nai go save me.

How person wan save when you spend 10k on food for a week and by the next week, 15k no go allow you buy wetin you buy the previous week, it's so fucking frustrating man...

I don cut off from everything cutable but still money dey finish, abeg this country no be am at all....

Just be thankful you're able to survive and not be owing money left and right. For some people eyes you dey enjoy die....

Just keep grinding bruh, e go better one day...or is that future impossible thinking...
chai. Hard truth. What of people like us wey no come get job nkor.
We just dey survive on God

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
Pineapplelove:
OP do you have a girlfriend? if yes cut whatever you have been giving her
do you have anyother invetsment you are spending on with that salary ? if your answer is no, make sure you get an business to be spending part of your salary on once you collect it. that way, you wont have too much slush fund on you.
also find perosn wey you fit dey bill or help you on a steady. maybe a family member cheesy

Women! undecided
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by 1cyrus(m): 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
Hi, there! enjoy free banking on Kuda. Download Kuda here: https://kuda.onelink.me/abUI/lvzr2bpl and join with this code: RuU4fF1e.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by BeegBeem: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:
I must say this year has been better and much brighter compared to the previous year. But one thing i have been worried about is my saving culture or is it that what i earn isn't high/sufficient enough to cater for bills like transportation, feeding, housing, electricity and other miscellaneous bills.

My salary is a little above 50k and before you know it, by the 3rd week of the month, everything would have finished. I cant say i am spending lavishly on anything because i an introvet. I hardly get to save anything at the end of the month and it pains me alot. I wonder if i am the only one facing this experience or there are other people earning lower or higher facing this.

Could it be that my saving culture is poor? How do you solve this challenge or how are you coping with it.

My dear brother/sister honestly you are not a lavish spender, things are very expensive now especially if you are in lagos or some other states that things are much expensive. don't be surprise that even some people who are earning times 2 of your salary are experiencing the same issue

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2022
MrCover:
@Poster, That Money You Are Earning is too small, Start Blogging Business And Thank Much Later.
do I need capital to start blogging?
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
buttlover:

npower beneficiary spotted cool
grin
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
Vultron101:
Wait o who is always moving all these kind of post to the front page? These kind of post are dumb post that should stay where it is. Na wah for una o
you must be mad

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by MrCover: 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2022
TechBIogger:
do I need capital to start blogging?

Nairaland Forum Is Under Blogging Business.

There Is Money Inside This Blogging Business.

Nothing Good Come Easy, My Brother.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
The cost of living is very high

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by bonnyhope: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Little above 50k

And you are expecting to have save

50k in this era is just for feeding one mouth

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Midastorch:

You will be sleeping on the floor because you want to save? This your poverty mentality will be the end of you...When you eventually have the money, you'll use the money to treat rheumatism and other bone problems...RUBBISH
I did that rubbish few years back and almost died of pneumonia, I also trekked to and fro workplace without paying TP all because of savings, omo that year I resemble AIDS patient

5 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by TechBIogger: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
MrCover:

Nairaland Forum Is Under Blogging Business.

There Is Money Inside This Blogging Business.

Nothing Good Come Easy, My Brother.
you've not answered my question
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by MrCover: 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
TechBIogger:
you've not answered my question

It needs money
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Midastorch(m): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
TechBIogger:
I did that rubbish few years back and almost died of pneumonia, I also trekked to and fro workplace without paying TP all because of savings, omo that year I resemble AIDS patient

Just imagine brov and some people are hailing him that he will go far in life...to be financial discipline is very good..but fucking take good care of yourself especially the basic needs of life

3 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Petoski7:
<strong>hello</strong>

You dey learn html?

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
buttlover:

npower beneficiary spotted cool
Lol.. Not npower
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by shege45: 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
TeeGentle:
Try to save before it is too late
And learn to manage
too late how? Dem dey late for savings?

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Oluwatobiloba07: 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2022
Piggy vest is your friend, this happens to me too, my friend just told me about this yesterday, I feel like crying ��

I don't even have any dime in me anymore
BItt:

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Uwaiwe: 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

Bro, you are trying more than enough surviving on less than 100k a month. Kudos. Salary of 200k is not enough to cater for a family of two presently.

1 Like

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Timmzycul11: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
In the last eight years the Nigerian Naira has lost 65-70 percent of its value, so your 50k salary is like 15-20k in the real sense of reality. But that's not an excuse, try and have a specific amount to save and invest monthly....

2 Likes

Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Funderly(m): 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Look for this book "The richest man in Babylon"~ by George S Clason.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
DaddyGngeess:

God will bless soon, dm me and send ur account to me make I bless u small this weekend ok, na save waiting I go send to u oo, use and flex ok

God bless sir. Thanks for understanding my struggles
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2022
eedimo:

You will go far
Amen
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by Privatepart00: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
BItt:

I think the fault is from you. I spend #30,000 in a month . I stay alone and fuel the vehicle from same stated amount.
Re: Am I Spending Lavishly ? by onyxo76(m): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2022
50k with no other side hustle won't get you anywhere in this present economy. Except you want to start treating complications from malnutrition and other things like bone pains, you surely need to add something to that 50k monthly. 50k will do for very basic feeding and maybe some transport but won't cover other things like utilities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of People To Visit The N-Power Situation Room, Abuja / On Interview, How Do I Answer The Salary Question? / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.