Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri (42601 Views)

Rema Fires Back At Those Mocking His 'Dumebi' Video / Bolanle Olukanni Slams Those Mocking Oge Okoye For Visiting Resurrection Pastor / Ifu Ennada Calls Out OAP Dotun For Mocking Her, he replis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by VirileNelly2420: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
SugarGirl44:
Thank God for SW in you and your people's lives, if not who for sabi your papa. You would have remained the local champion that you are.

But unfortunately, instead of you guys to be grateful to us for getting them close to civilization, they still run their mouths around.

Mention me and I'll send you back home, shebi una no dey like hear truth.
I struggle to understand u, plz come clearer
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by VirileNelly2420: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2022
jrusky:
Hello Mercy you accent is poor accept it and work on it. Ronaldo was never from English speaking country so his case is far different from yours case born, bread and school in English speaking enironment.

Are you sure you actually went to university?
Wot has speaking English to do with going to university?
The English I speak today, I neva learnt it fr school. Infact, I did fail English during my secondary school days. I only started studying English wen I finished writing waec... #jambite

As a matter of fact, I learnt just broken(pidgin) wen in University.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by arantess: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2022
Edge247:
I lived and Schooled in Owerri, Mercy Eke Fires back at those that mocking her accent,

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmbJ4xWFUwg

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeXsK3UAdfl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Even clowns with 'h' factor dey criticize her

Something dey ooo
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by VirileNelly2420: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
Godoverevery:

You are mixing it up.

Accent is totally different from words you are using in your sentences.

Mercy issues is not her accent but her sentences constructions are like that of an illiterate.

M
Dey're talking of accent, not grammar.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by VirileNelly2420: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
Godoverevery:

And am telling people don't have problem with the igbotic accent.....buhari have hausa accent but he use correct English words when speaking........mercy use primary school English words.

This what I mean ......saying sentences like "come and be going" thus just an example.
Language is for communication. Even if she says come nd b going, if d person she's addressing gets d msg, it's complete!
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Favor99(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
I like her accent. I don’t see anything wrong with it
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by macho44(m): 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Good ebening
Ebening my brother grin
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by DrinkWater10: 12:15am On Jun 05, 2022
We4all:

That’s the problem, she can’t communicate in English! Although, I noticed that someone has been coaching her recently on how to cram some English words and sentences.

Whenever I see Mercy and the type of men she rolls with, I realized that most men are just dumb and low class. No elegant or sophisticated man will ever settle for someone like Mercy.
Are you actually an indegene of Lagod state? If not you re also guilty of the same crime.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by vickydevoka(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

Rooney speak Spanish too
I once heard they are allowed to choice any language they want to learn in primary or secondary school as a compulsory course because must Europeans speak different languages.
That's y u see tuchel, klopp n some German guy speaking effortlessly. If u meet someone like Muller who has spent all his years in Germany he will speak English very well.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by suffering: 4:06am On Jun 05, 2022
She said "primary school, secondary school..." unconsciously admitting she didn't attend university.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:24am On Jun 05, 2022
macho44:
Ebening my brother grin

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Holluwatarhyor(m): 5:30am On Jun 05, 2022
UnknownQueen:

What if some people are hurting within based on how I'm living my life,
For example, I love to make up and wear trousers, but my parents are against it and hurting within due to my rebellious attitude, what would you do in that instance ?
wearing make up and putting on a trouser is fashion except you are exposing the sensitive parts of your body that's supposed to be private....

That said,concerning that of your parents,as long you are still under them,you obey them and their rules,but when you are on your own,you can do as you wish,but not what will damage you

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by vickydevoka(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Correct Guy, you too get sense. I dey lash Amaka and her Mother Ngozi. My own na to use them satisfy myself. I don dey eye Munachi and her elder Sister Ebere. I go friend them at the same time. No time to check time grin
Where I keep 2 million first . I no wan die be my time. Even if I get money I won't spend it. Women way u spend too much money from the beginning no de last. I de carry out my research.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by phemmyfour: 7:02am On Jun 05, 2022
uchaymart:
Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English
Emery's English is the most terrible grin
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by SamPeeLamen(m): 9:03am On Jun 05, 2022
Good ebening
uchaymart:
Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Pinklygul: 9:28am On Jun 05, 2022
Foreigna2:

Last warning.
For the sake of your sanity, I will advise you not to quote me again. I can be a nasty troll and I don't want to troll you. Thanks.

Nansins..
Yet you keep quoting me undecided
Na ment?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Pinklygul: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2022
arantess:

Even clowns with 'h' factor dey criticize her

Something dey ooo

As in eh undecided
Portable and Bobrisky's siblings for that matter cheesy cheesy
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Sleekfingers: 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2022
spiceadole:
English is your first language, you should do better

Igbo is her first language, follow by english, which is our official language.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2022
I rather have a fat bank account than poor English.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Sleekfingers: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2022
DARLINGTON869:
For once, I will pitch my tent with Mercy Eke. First of all, she's a Nigerian. Secondly, she never schooled outside. Her speaking with a local accent doesn't really matter as long as she gets her grammar correct. She's also very right about Ronaldo. Most of the superstars in the premier league can't speak English fluently and the fans don't even give a kettle's cover about that.

T O DARLING

What's portugal official language? Ronaldo is from portugal. Nobody will fault him ,if he speaks terrible english.

What's nigeria official language?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Kobicove(m): 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2022
Tycyborg:

It is oga... I am not talking about written english but the oral one... Come to think of it, if not that she's brainless c.ronaldo and every other players that speaks bad english or english with accent, it's because english is not their first language unlike we Nigerians english is our first language and if you can't speak english then your schooling is a waste of time and money because english language is compulsory in Nigeria. Besides there is something they call syllables and oral english right from secondary school which is compulsory too. So stop saying all these to justify nonesence. Forget and be realistic
Fact nigeria even have a personal english called the broken english aka pidgin before the ghanians picked it up.

She has an accent.

That is not is not necessarily the same thing as not being able to speak the English language.

President Buhari also has a heavy Hausa accent but you cannot say he does not know how to speak English!
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Kobicove(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2022
suffering:
She said "primary school, secondary school..." unconsciously admitting she didn't attend university.

And so what?

It is only here in Nigeria that people think you're an automatic failure just cos you do not have a university degree!

Just so you know I'm a university graduate with a chartered accountant's certificate but I would never look down on a person just cos he did not go to a university!
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by arantess: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2022
Pinklygul:

As in eh undecided
Portable and Bobrisky's siblings for that matter cheesy cheesy
The hypocrisy stinks to high heavens
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Tycyborg(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
Kobicove:

She has an accent.

That is not is not necessarily the same thing as not being able to speak the English language.

President Buhari also has a heavy Hausa accent but you cannot say he does not know how to speak English!

Let's be frank with ourselves... I am not saying she should t have an accent all I am saying is comparing it with C.ronaldo is bad and trust me if you have an accent and still claim you went to school then definitely you failed english in a big way cos in school they taught us sillables and phonetic sounds in english so we can pronounce words accordingly but due to we communicate with parents and so on in the hood most of our words still comes out like a Nigerian way of calling things to let them understand better but you having an accent is a failure in english... This is the undiluted truth.
I am not against any one politically and I am not tribalist but just stating the fact that even bihari failed english cos I have seen video of hausas who are professors abroad and they don't have accent behold they are born in Nigeria north.
There are yoruba, igbo and hausa who have accent infact lot of them but when you look at it from a wider angle you will notice they schooled in the 60s and 50s which is understandable but schooling nowadays and social media and movies should have boosted anyone's way of pronouncing and another factor I just remembered is IGNORANCE. we Nigerians are better at that a lot
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by sammyranking(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
jrusky:

100% with you I wouldn't have say anything if she had responded mentioned Ronaldo forgetting Ronaldo is a Portuguese flesh and blood and very fluent in it. All I was expecting her to do is either to ignore them or accept and work on his accent a little it will help her more than to be speaking in accent like a fellow igbo who never attended school you know what I'm saying bro.

Genevive, Chika Ike, etc are igbo bro but they did good job to change something. Look at Peter Obi speech and listen to APUGA Chairman speech you can judge by yourself who passed through higher learning and who do not.

Thanks. God bless.

You are definitely right boss. I appreciate your response
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Tycyborg(m): 2:56pm On Jun 07, 2022
Kobicove:

She has an accent.

I understand you clearly but you are not getting the point. Pronouncing words the way they are or should be pronounced is part of speaking a good english... Do you know that if you speak our nigerian english to some from uk or usa they hardly understand what you are saying... Talking from experience
Until you pronounce them in the right way.
Now a Nigerian english is fair but a Nigerian english with an accent is worse... Trust me if you know anyone who is a air hostest or host... Ask them...
Once you have an accent they won't employ you because it will be hard to communicate in as much english is our first language...
For the first time I spoke with a calabar man... I was confused cos most of his english sounds wrong and confusing... Up till date there are still some hausa that I spoke with but get confuse as what they are saying and mind you I am not a butter boy... I was born and raised in oshodi till date.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo Wants Another Son, Informs Wife Through Birthday Cake / Naira Marley: Oracle Invoked On Ruggedman By Youths / E-Money spotted spraying bundles of money at an event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.