Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri (42599 Views)

Rema Fires Back At Those Mocking His 'Dumebi' Video / Bolanle Olukanni Slams Those Mocking Oge Okoye For Visiting Resurrection Pastor / Ifu Ennada Calls Out OAP Dotun For Mocking Her, he replis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by TechBIogger: 4:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
zidane doesn't speak English atall
true grin
But when man city sign am after guardiola's exit he go learn English by force
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by TechBIogger: 4:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

My expectations aren't high from her, they are basic educational standards which she can't meet. Have you heard Akpabio speak? Or Nse Ikpe Etim? They both have accents but they speak proper English.
You listed people from French-speaking countries as standards in English. Is English their lingua-franca there? No. They probably learnt English as adults. Mercy learnt English from primary school, English is her lingua-franca and she still speaks like an okpa hawker. Her supposed education can not even show in her speech or thought process.
akpabio get accent but Need Ikpe Etim?? Hel no
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Emmanuel909090: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
You speak so well Mercy
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by TechBIogger: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
oga I am saying zidane doesn't speak any English even if its a poor one! he doesn't have any history in any English country ,he hasn't coached or played in England so English is not among any of his languages. So there's nothing like zidane speaks poor English,it's just like me saying you speak poor Spanish, does it make any sense?
tell the guy make he post Link or documentary wey zidane speak the poor English make we see am
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by OmoNla99: 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
1Sharon:

Scottish people are not English.

Who says they are? Tell me what language is been spoken in Scotland?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by TechBIogger: 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2022
Lawag3:

Have you been to Owerri? Almost everybody speaks Igbo except if you are a non indigene.
hahahahaha grin
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by TechBIogger: 4:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
zionmade:

You sound pathetic. Very foolish at that
You can't see farther than your nose. If you are truly a girl then I pity the bastards you will give birth to
chai e pain am grin

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by madjune(m): 4:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nigerians expect perfection from any person at the center.

Nne, nothing do you.

Always speak as you'd naturally sound.

It's a plus special if you're more enlightened on issues, widely read and speak with confidence...and that, anyone can do in any accent.

Your originality is special. Never lose it.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by jaxxy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry

Ronaldo can't even speak English. He trys bt it's worse than pidgin.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by nick50(m): 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

They are all from countries where English is not their official language.
English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.
...u are a fool..mercy eke is an igbo woman not an English woman..go to hell with this ur western slave mentality..even ur president buhari that u adore so much speaks English with aboki accent
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Enyimbamercedes: 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
So if you lived and schooled in Owerri, why do you try to sound like an Owerrican?!

I don’t think you are being mocked for your Igbo accent, you are being mocked for trying to speak in a foreign accent despite your Igbo accent

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Bbbw: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
grin
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Izack04(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2022
[quote author=uchaymart post=113458501]Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English[/quotebad ]add pep
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by 1Sharon(f): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
OmoNla99:

Who says they are? Tell me what language is been spoken in Scotland?

You gave the impression that they are.

Besides English, they speak Scots and Gaelic
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by vickydevoka(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

I was shocked Toni Kroos speak good English
All German speaks good English. So don't be surprise
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by vickydevoka(m): 5:24pm On Jun 04, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

All German speaks good English. So don't be surprise ,.smae.with french people
kunkelhanspeter:

All German speaks good English. So don't be surprise ,.same.with french people
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by azikiweironsi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
Don't mind them it is called Inferiority Complex.
It is only in Nigeria you see both men and women that wants to speak American and British accents even when they've not stepped out of the shores of this country. Listen to our radios, television stations etc.. You wonder whether they never attended any training in broadcasting. Shioor.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by donbenie(m): 5:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
[s]So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry[/s]
EVERYBODY speaks English with an accent.. angry
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by zionmade(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2022
SugarGirl44:

E pain am.
Get well soon ok.

I won't follow the way of your mother, she clearly goofed giving birth to you.
No dear
I don't think your mother did any job on you, I guess he left you for your father to train in both stupidity and whorring. Wash your market well (I mean that smelling hole) before you come to the public
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by donbenie(m): 5:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.
English is not her first language,she is Igbo,born and breed..
How then do you expect her to speak English without an accent?
By the way,EVERY ENGLISH speaker has an accent,including the English!
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by NomzyJust(m): 5:53pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

My expectations aren't high from her, they are basic educational standards which she can't meet. Have you heard Akpabio speak?

Is your problem her accent or that she can't construct good sentence in English?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by NomzyJust(m): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2022
Brainjotting:
Even though I will admit that her accent doesn't match her looks, but to mock her about it is a no no, no body is perfect.

I write business plans/proposals for people at affordable price

What has accent got to do with looks? One can speak good English regardless of accent.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by zudozz: 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2022
I fit don knack this Mercy for Owerri that year make I no know. cool
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by NomzyJust(m): 5:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
Rebuke:
Smh. Yhu people just like talking rubbish, who ever says yhur opinions matter though.

If she was forming accent in the name of being a celebrity now, yhu people will still be asking where she got the accent from, and even calling her fake.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL YOU?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by NomzyJust(m): 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
jrusky:
Hello Mercy you accent is poor accept it and work on it. Ronaldo was never from English speaking country so his case is far different from yours case born, bread and school in English speaking enironment.

Are you sure you actually went to university?

She has lived all her adult life in a certain location and it is only right for her to have accent associated with that locality. She doesn't need to change anything man.

What is wrong with you people.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by OmoNla99: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
1Sharon:

You gave the impression that they are.

Besides English, they speak Scots and Gaelic

Impression that they are? Maybe, your thoughts. Relate what you first quote with the subject matter. My message is simple, the UK as a whole including Ireland speaks English. You can tell where they come from in their accents. The way a scouser speaks is quite different from the way a native from Manchester speaks. Even though they are about an hour drive apart. That’s my impression.I hope you gerrit, if not fahgettaboudit.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Alohaa: 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry

He speaks English with with his native accent
The same with her…
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by McDuncan: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Are you serious regarding the emboldened?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Bankyshinani(m): 6:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:
Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English
Are they from English speaking country?..... They all learn English buh they can speak country's official language fluently?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Bankyshinani(m): 6:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

May God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Buys Iphone X For All Of His Team Members (photos/video) / Mr Ibu: I Died And Woke Up After 4 Days - John Okafor / Timi Dakolo Wants Another Son, Informs Wife Through Birthday Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.