Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri (42575 Views)

Rema Fires Back At Those Mocking His 'Dumebi' Video / Bolanle Olukanni Slams Those Mocking Oge Okoye For Visiting Resurrection Pastor / Ifu Ennada Calls Out OAP Dotun For Mocking Her, he replis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Rivguydee(m): 3:05pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

They are all from countries where English is not their official language.
English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.
She used Igbo to communicate back in Owerri maybe. Loolz

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2022
kunkelhanspeter:

I was shocked Toni Kroos speak good English

Thank you, Chief....to think he hasn't played outside Germany until Real Madrid happened.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by uchaymart(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Guy comot for here e dey obvious u get brain damage

You resort am to insult cos we no align

Stay safe
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ppogba: 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
If the Queen of england could me mocked immediately after her coronation decades ago for HER ACCENT, I wonder why people are still stupid not to know that everybody has an accent.

In any language, there is an accent no matter how you pretend.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by juman(m): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
She speaks perfectly.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ebufa: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

English is Nigeria's official language and Mercy speaks English like a vegetable hawker.

afonja and their fake sophistication.........how does your own english sound? the inferiority complex worrying afonja no be here! Girl get her own class...make una leave the babe, you no reach to have her anyways!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by iykofias(m): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

Pray for yourself so that you will be able to afford quality education for your kids and they won't be speaking ogiri English like you.
oops, I don’t reply dimwit after 15:15hrs

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by miketayo(m): 3:17pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

Accent in any language shouldn't be a problem.. I m sure if I hear you speak I would know what region in Nigeria you came from. Everyone has an Accent, as long as you understood what she said, no prob.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Foreigna2: 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
iykofias:
oops, I don’t reply dimwit after 15:15hrs

But I do.
That is why I'm still hammering sense into your empty head.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by hysteresis: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Ode why did she use Ronaldo? And who told you Ronaldo speak English with Portuguese accent? Your papa there!
Sowie, I forgot its Pride Month, a month for LGTVWX people like you.....
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by pquaver(m): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

Englisch is Nigeria official language so is it the same with England, Scotland, Ireland, Canada USA, Australia.. Now Mr she speaks like a vegetable hawker, do all these countries have one accent? Why don't you mock the American who has no other language but English but still has the countryside accent? Have you mocked the Scottish for having an accent different from the English? You have no case inferiority complex is your problem. Even here where German is the only official language.. Germans from Bavaria has a different accent to the Berliner and so weiter.. Stop disgracing yourself..
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by kodded(m): 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2022
We4all:

That’s the problem, she can’t communicate in English! Although, I noticed that someone has been coaching her recently on how to cram some English words and sentences.

Whenever I see Mercy and the type of men she rolls with, I realized that most men are just dumb and low class. No elegant or sophisticated man will ever settle for someone like Mercy.
guy calm down, na inferiority complex dey worry you undecided
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by fredoooooo: 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
Useless slaves mocking accents and English .
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by vickydevoka(m): 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2022
shortIGBOman:
I'm not suprised. As for me, I can never marry any lady from Imo State grin
I de craze. My gf na imo. She no say we no go marry
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Realhommie(m): 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
zidane doesn't speak English atall
He does though, very little...
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by We4all: 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2022
kodded:

You probably don’t know the meaning of ‘inferiority complex’.

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Mariangeles(f): 3:37pm On Jun 04, 2022
Sterope:
Nigerians can be classisst sha undecided

It's more of they hate fakers.

With Nigerians, just be yourself and they'd love you.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by rastaLivity: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
iykofias:
even broke ass want to have account officer grin grin
Eweyyy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by We4all: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
kodded:

Na high taste dey worry me. You obviously don’t know the meaning of ‘inferiority complex’. I guess your type will date a goat as long as it has boobs and ass.

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by shortIGBOman: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
vickydevoka:

I de craze. My gf na imo. She no say we no go marry

Correct Guy, you too get sense. I dey lash Amaka and her Mother Ngozi. My own na to use them satisfy myself. I don dey eye Munachi and her elder Sister Ebere. I go friend them at the same time. No time to check time grin

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Starz825(m): 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
uchaymart:
Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Mourinho, Zidane, Unai Emery all speak bad English
That emery na the worst
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Lucas4903: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry

And yes Ronaldo does speak with an accent. Wtf if she speaks with her own accent. But black people are never adequate until they measure up with the whites. Wehdone.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2022
The language you heard her speaking is French abi or was there any sentence she omitted? I guess you're this fellow that bites tongue just to form accent undecided. Learn to be yourself not someone else irrespective of your position. Never, allow peer pressure to force you change from originality. So, my advice is to let her be....

Foreigna2:

My expectations aren't high from her, they are basic educational standards which she can't meet. Have you heard Akpabio speak? Or Nse Ikpe Etim? They both have accents but they speak proper English.
You listed people from French-speaking countries as standards in English. Is English their lingua-franca there? No. They probably learnt English as adults. Mercy learnt English from primary school, English is her lingua-franca and she still speaks like an okpa hawker. Her supposed education can not even show in her speech or thought process.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by bobby007(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2022
Kobicove:
Having an accent is not something to be ashamed of undecided
true... but the girl dey mix Owerri accent join American accent, thats what we complained about
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by UnknownQueen(f): 4:20pm On Jun 04, 2022
Foreigna2:

My expectations aren't high from her, they are basic educational standards which she can't meet. Have you heard Akpabio speak? Or Nse Ikpe Etim? They both have accents but they speak proper English.
You listed people from French-speaking countries as standards in English. Is English their lingua-franca there? No. They probably learnt English as adults. Mercy learnt English from primary school, English is her lingua-franca and she still speaks like an okpa hawker. Her supposed education can not even show in her speech or thought process.

Chai, you must have bad mouth in real life ..

Which one is her education can't show in her speech or thought process....

Just kuku kill Mercy.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by sammyranking(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2022
jrusky:
Hello Mercy you accent is poor accept it and work on it. Ronaldo was never from English speaking country so his case is far different from yours case born, bread and school in English speaking enironment.

Are you sure you actually went to university?

Boss deh calm down.
Hausa man has their own accent
Yoruba man has theirs
Same is applicable to a Yoruba man also.
We all speak same English, but if a Yoruba man speaks you’ll definitely know same goes to igbo and Hausa man.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by UnknownQueen(f): 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2022
Holluwatarhyor:
One major thing in this life is that you should live your life as long as you ain't hurting anyone.....stop seeking validation from people on how to live your life....just fear God in all your ways....lobatan

I'm a civil engineer and into building construction.....you can contact me if you are in need of a professional to handle your building projects

What if some people are hurting within based on how I'm living my life,
For example, I love to make up and wear trousers, but my parents are against it and hurting within due to my rebellious attitude, what would you do in that instance ?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Olam09(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Good ebening

Is it because of my blown shirt that is making you tell me good ebening?
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by Cantonese: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:
So she is now comparing herself to 'ororo'. This one like to feel among. I am sure it's someone that told her ororo speaks English with an accent which by the way is not true angry

Except you are an English man or born in England, you will always speak English with an accent. Americans speak English with the American accent. The Scots speak English with their Scottish accent. The Welsh speak English with their Welsh accent. The Irish speak English with their Irish accent. They are those of the United Kingdom. What is wrong if a Portuguese speaks English with an accent? You are the only one who does not know that Ronaldo speak English with his native Portuguese accent. He was not born in England. What is wrong if Mercy Eke does not speak English like an English person? Even the English are able to identify each other by the respective accents.

Stop displaying this level of ignorance please.

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by 1Sharon(f): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
OmoNla99:

They there. Even those from English speaking countries have there accents. I bet you can barely understand when a Scottish man is speaking.

Scottish people are not English.
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by ItsGoodToBeGood: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
Olam09:

Is it because of my blown shirt that is making you tell me good ebening?

gringringrin
Re: Mercy Eke Fires Back At Those Mocking Her Accent, I Lived & Schooled In Owerri by jrusky(m): 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
sammyranking:

Boss deh calm down.
Hausa man has their own accent
Yoruba man has theirs
Same is applicable to a Yoruba man also.
We all speak same English, but if a Yoruba man speaks you’ll definitely know same goes to igbo and Hausa man.

100% with you I wouldn't have say anything if she had responded mentioned Ronaldo forgetting Ronaldo is a Portuguese flesh and blood and very fluent in it. All I was expecting her to do is either to ignore them or accept and work on his accent a little it will help her more than to be speaking in accent like a fellow igbo who never attended school you know what I'm saying bro.

Genevive, Chika Ike, etc are igbo bro but they did good job to change something. Look at Peter Obi speech and listen to APUGA Chairman speech you can judge by yourself who passed through higher learning and who do not.

Thanks. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Customized Number Plate Of Her New Range Rover / Maheeda Shares Toilet Selfie (Photo) / Chika Ike Shares Sexy Photo, Annie Idibia, Ini Edo, Rita Dominic, Others React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.