Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing (26264 Views)

Crowd Awaits APC's North West Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Pictures) / Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Other South-west Presidential Aspirants Meet Today / Buhari, APC Should Give South-west Presidential Ticket In 2023- Ahmed Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Gozac: 5:42am On Jun 05, 2022
fombi:
Anything outside Osibanjor, it means either Atiku or Peter Obi will win. At least 60% of Yorubas don't like Tinubu, in the South South and Eastern part of the country Tinubu has Zero respect or popularity, the see him as a old lawless criminal, with dirty personality.
Just say that Osibanjo is your candidate and fixated on SW getting the ticket. We know that if anyone outside SW gets APC ticket many from SW will vote against APC.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by victorDanladi: 5:46am On Jun 05, 2022
blancsn1:
And you think that is for dead brain Igbos like you to decide. A man gave you his VP slot because he is not a Christian, 8 years after you can't reach out to the same man that you never pleaded before he gave you his slot to plead with him explaining why n how you will take care of all his desire if he give you is blessing like he did 8 years ago.

See I dislike Tinubu cos I believe they can perform beta as gov but so long Osinbajo can not appeal to him whether he will drag Adeboye or pray to God for Tinubu to withdraw n support. Tinubu must have the Tinubu, I have dealt with ingrate in life too many times n if I did you a favour to be VP n you think you do not owe me the favour to support my presidency after my 8 years support to you then thunder must strike you dead.

Almighty God will bless you!
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Gozac: 5:46am On Jun 05, 2022
Akponmfet:
I see Judas in their midst.
May God embarrass and punish Judas
But you are just a mere mortal that cannot dictate for God at all.Awon church people them grin
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by victorDanladi: 5:48am On Jun 05, 2022
Sagtop:

Because he contributed less to the development of APC wink cheesy wink
I didn't even know him.

I had to Google his name when he was nominated as the vice president by Tinubu
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Inspiration2017: 5:49am On Jun 05, 2022
Let the man who God in his infinite mercy, has prepared, lead.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Gozac: 5:51am On Jun 05, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
Failure group stop disturbing yourselves. So we have such a large number of IDIOTS on this forum? Only mad idiotic people will lie that Buhari mentioned acn bloc after 8 years of a United all progressive Congress. You fools will weep bitterly for the rest of your lives when GEJ or Amaechi emerges APC flag bearer. The fools even think because Jonathan wasn't screened he is not the consensus man, the fools expect that a former President GCFR will sit before lesser oyegun and co in the name of screening? Una go get sense by force. Useless everlasting idiots, Goodluck Jonathan or Amaechi is your next President, we Niger Delta feeds you. You can't be anything without us, you'll all starve to death without Niger Delta that's why we're ruling you next after PMB
The desperation of all this SW to produce the next president screams to the heavens. I will like them to stay and work for the party peradventure another candidate outside their zone clinches the ticket which may happen.
As for GEJ , he is not contesting but Amaechi is getting the ticket .We remain Amaechified because we CRAve a better, stronger and united Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Shebbs: 5:55am On Jun 05, 2022
Tinubu Is Too Old, He Should Go And Rest Please.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Gozac: 6:00am On Jun 05, 2022
blancsn1:
And you think that is for dead brain Igbos like you to decide. A man gave you his VP slot because he is not a Christian, 8 years after you can't reach out to the same man that you never pleaded before he gave you his slot to plead with him explaining why n how you will take care of all his desire if he give you is blessing like he did 8 years ago.

See I dislike Tinubu cos I believe they can perform beta as gov but so long Osinbajo can not appeal to him whether he will drag Adeboye or pray to God for Tinubu to withdraw n support. Tinubu must have the Tinubu, I have dealt with ingrate in life too many times n if I did you a favour to be VP n you think you do not owe me the favour to support my presidency after my 8 years support to you then thunder must strike you dead.

You will be shocked by the outcome of the primaries by Wednesday. The Igbos you call dead brain will be your undoing at the primaries.
My plea is for you to stay and work for the party if a non -SW aspirant become APC flag bearer.
Just sit back and watch the political machinations that will unfold in the next 24 hours
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by mazizitonene(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2022
Newton2024:

No anointing for coward and unserious aspirants. I don't like Tinubu but I like his seriousness. Igbo polithiefcians are cowards and unserious.
seriously, this stuffs you young folks is becoming really boring.
Put your points across like civil and educated folks. When you go to buy bread, fuel....dollar at 610, they don't care if you're Yoruba or Igbo. No one asks you or gives you preference....when police, robbers or insecurity meets you on the way, they don't consider if you're Igbo first. Learn to reason beyond petty sentiments and unnecessary tribal bigotry.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Gozac: 6:11am On Jun 05, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Seems a Yoruba man will get APC ticket.
I don't see it happening at all, forget all these media propaganda employed by SW to sway opinion to their side. In the last few days more than 10 articles have been written on national dailies showcasing Osibanjo as the favoured candidate among governors and even as PMB'S anointed one.
All these is to ensure that SW produces the president. Whosoever wins the primary will be decided by forces outside Southern Nigeria. Mark my words this morning , Amaechi is on the verge of clinching this ticket
Just watch the game as the politicking gets trickier and deeper as we approach the D-day
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by JJBROS(m): 6:11am On Jun 05, 2022
Padipadi:
It's coming to the west.
For the 1st time, north acted maturely under APC unlike under PDP. Also all this drama ll v ended since last week if not that Buhari opposed Tinubu and wanted Osinbajo. I nor trust Buhari at all. Now they are stucked to either Tinubu or Osinbajo.

Bros the North know what they are doing. They know no southern candidate will match Atiku. North are hypocrites!
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by mach7(m): 6:13am On Jun 05, 2022
derecho:
The third picture speaks volumes for the discerning
All the people wearing face masks, nah one particular camp dem dey grin

Maybe they're are afraid of assassination by Covid. Lol
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by mach7(m): 6:15am On Jun 05, 2022
derecho:
One thing I like about Osinbajo is that he keeps his emotions in check and speaks less.
He hasn't faced a fraction or a fingertip of the insults that his Mentor has faced.

Moreso, what exactly do you expect him to say? It isn't like anything said about him in recent days isn't true.

1 Like

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by adedayoa2(f): 6:39am On Jun 05, 2022
This is great, ko sija larin wa.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Ikoyiorioke: 6:40am On Jun 05, 2022
derecho:
One thing I like about Osinbajo is that he keeps his emotions in check and speaks less.
Yes he will speak lesss...Accused are not known for unnecessary vituperation.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Ikoyiorioke: 6:43am On Jun 05, 2022
JJBROS:

Bros the North know what they are doing. They know no southern candidate will match Atiku. North are hypocrites!
They can't jeopardize their own future while the opposition rule...Do you think its easy to be out of power for 8 years. The innate greed in them will never allow this.

1 Like

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Ikoyiorioke: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2022
RexTramadol1:

Lol, sorry Mr. Sango

Osinbajo didn’t betray nobody

If you are a student of politics, you should know this that the quest for power isn’t limited.

If Tinubu was VP too, he will vie for this presidency certainly, it’s just normal

Asides Namadi Sambo, which VP since 1999 didn’t contest?

Even in the U.S it’s same. In fact that Osinbajo hasn’t held a campaign of calumny against him, and still keeping all jagaban’s shady dealings from the public is what should be commended.

Don’t fool yourself, Osinbajo is in the know of all that’s happening in Lagos than meets the eye.
He was also part of it...he will also bring himself down.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:50am On Jun 05, 2022
Ikoyiorioke:
They can't jeopardize their own future while the opposition rule...Do you think its easy to be out of power for 8 years. The innate greed in them will never allow this.
It will be left to the almajiris to decide
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by okuta007: 6:52am On Jun 05, 2022
RadleyLC:

Now this made my morning digest.

thx grin
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by adelekeolu(m): 6:55am On Jun 05, 2022
FAMILY AFFIAR
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by babytoun: 7:05am On Jun 05, 2022
From the third picture..tinubu is feeling isolated already ..for him mind " na so una wan do me ? If na ki make una ki me I can't give up now "
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by derecho(m): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2022
I believe he's silent because there's no need to waste time on what is self defeating. The halftruths are only believable to those who are biased and can't ask questions
mach7:
He hasn't faced a fraction or a fingertip of the insults that his Mentor has faced.

Moreso, what exactly do you expect him to say? It isn't like anything said about him in recent days isn't true.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Uniquekriss(m): 7:29am On Jun 05, 2022
Like for Tinubu, share for Osibanjo. Who go win go still win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by basseeafricana: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2022
derecho:
Why won't he keep his emotion in check? He knows that he eating more than what he is not supposed eat. He gets Vp at a platter of gold, and he is still fighting his benefactor with ticket. If he is not greedy, he should have supported Tinubu. Now, eyes are cleared, Buhari refuses to pick consensus. We want to see how he will beat Tinubu
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by mach7(m): 7:39am On Jun 05, 2022
Half truths? Hmmn...I can only see one biased person and it isn't me
derecho:
I believe he's silent because there's no need to waste time on what is self defeating. The halftruths are only believable to those who are biased and can't ask questions
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by Padipadi(m): 7:41am On Jun 05, 2022
JJBROS:

That is a lie. Southern candidates can win Atiku, Buhari or anybody.
APC respected zoning which is good.
PDP gave it to Atiku for many reasons.
1. They v produced only one northern president and he didn't last (Yaradua)
2. They are desperate & believed they can use Atiku to match APC votes
3. GEJ their last president was from South. So they decided to compensate north.
Also, it ll be catastrophic for APC to field northerner cos their votes ll be splitted. The west ll resent them 100%. They are not even sure if Igbos ll vote them. They ll rather go with LP. It's easier for Tinubu to get votes in the north than for Atiku to get votes in the south.

1 Like

Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by derecho(m): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2022
I'm not sure he learnt it from Tinubu. Two things, maybe three are responsible for his demeanor.
1.Pastors are trained to be calm and exude confidence even in hopeless situations.
2. Humble people have an understanding that proud and arrogant people can never have.Anyone fighting a humble person is wasting his time.A humble man will always find help and can never be disgraced.

Tinubu is arrogant and that can easily be exploited
Corporate2020:

You are right about that.

Osinbajo is naturally cool, calm, and collected. I think he also learnt that from Tinubu. You will recall that several politicians have abused, cursed and lambasted, but he ever responds until this moment that he decided to come all out and call a spade a spade.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by RexTramadol1: 7:52am On Jun 05, 2022
okuta007:

you are a liar - did then Obama VP Joe Biden contest the presidential primaries against Hillary Clinton in 2016? NO - he did not - why? because the Obama camp felt the need to reward Hillary Clinton as the 2016 nominee of the party judging by the fact that she got more votes than Obama in the 2008 primaries but Obama got the most delegates - and it is the delegates that count in the primaries.. Yes the votes show your popularity, but delegates will clinch the party's ticket for you.... So, there was this "gentleman's agreement" that after Obama's tenure ends, Hillary will take the Democrat Party presidential ticket, hence Obama made her the US Secretary of State in 2009 - so she can gain global exposure and acceptance, polish her diplomatic resume in preparation for her to take over from him.....and she got the ticket, because Obama kept his promise to the Clinton camp of the democrat party. It was this agreement that made Bill Clinton to become Obama's unofficial propaganda chief - months leading to the 2012 elections, when Obama was making every wrong decision - and screwing up the economy, Bill Clinton will deploy his charm and power of oratory to explain Obama's actions in a way that Obama could not even do for himself- That was why CNN then called Clinton, the "Explainer-in-Chief" - so why did he do all that work? He wanted Obama to win a second term so that the agreement Obama had with them can stand.. that is politics. That was what Tinubu did too - supporting Buhari for 8 years because he wants the APC ticket in 2023 and expected Buhari to reward him with his northern block of voter base.. simple politics 101

So Osinbajo is out of line! I know when Tinubu told him he is being considered to be Buhari's running mate in 2015, he never told Asiwaju, "Sir, thanks for the consideration - once Buhari wins, and he is about to leave, I will take over - because I will be more experienced by then to be President" - you think Tinubu would have allowed that to happen ? If Fashola was a christian, do you think Osinbajo will be VP today? No, because Fashola had more political pedigree and name recognition as a former Governor than the "mere commissioner" Osinbajo - the Only reason he became the VP choice was to avoid a muslim-muslim ticket which a Tinubu or Fashola's choice as VP would have created, in order not to play into what the then CAN President Ayo Oritsejafor was saying then that Buhari is an Islamic fundamentalist -

So from DAY 1 - Osinbajo was meant to be a pawn to rest power from the PDP - not because he was the most qualified - and he knew it, he accepted it.. after all being a VP Is way better than returning to the classroom as a "mere" Lecturer after serving as a "mere" Commissioner in Lagos State - You think without Tinubu, Osinbajo will win even as a Local Government Chairman or Deputy Governor of Lagos State?, talk less of being Governor of Lagos State - not to talk of being VP of Nigeria --- You guys should stop supporting evil and be reasonable... Osinbajo signed a pact with the devil and he must honor his commitment for peace to reign. IF Osinbajo was even lucky or had divine grace, Buhari would have passed on during his almost 1 year treatment of his illness in London. Osinbajo would have been President and no one, not even Tinubu's wife will advise Tinubu to fight Osinbajo for the office of President as provided by the constitution - BUT Buhari came back alive and that is the will of God, that Osinbajo will not rule Nigeria.

And those of you who see nothing wrong with what Osinbajo has done to Tinubu, MAY THOSE YOU APPOINT TO LOOK AFTER YOUR HOUSE while you are away, end up SLEEPING WITH YOUR WIFE, MARRYING YOUR WIFE, become FATHER to your children, take over your HOUSE , car and property, lock you out with heavy padlock and instruct the maiguard never to let you in - because he soon realized he is a better handler of the home you built, a family you created and wealth you acquired.... so you should roam away into oblivion because you trusted him!

"Osinbajoism - the politics of monumental betrayal" will be studied in Nigerian politics for decades IF not centuries - just like Awolowo and Akintola's feud is still a case study in political science courses today in Nigerian Universities!

You typed so much for saying nothing

In the end, did Hillary Clinton taste power?

In fact your analogy isn’t up with what I talked about

VP’s eye the number one seat and that happened to Biden too, even if not immediate…. He still came after just four years.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by derecho(m): 7:54am On Jun 05, 2022
You have a point there..unfortunately some lawyers don't have this requisite skill.
I think it comes from a place of inner peace and true knowledge.
Knowledge makes a man's face to shine- Ecclesiastes 8:1

Moreover,knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave
otipoju:

Hes a lawyer. That a poker face is a must-have skill to be a successful one.
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by adebwalex(m): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2022
Eastlink:
The Last Supper

Lord protect your son Osinbajo from the evil that lay in the dark. grin

Spare his life from The Ides of March where the political Brutus might want him off the scene with poisonous substances.

The scene is a replica of the thread below where a nairalander likened the outing of the South West leaders to the Last Supper. Photos and link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/7114808/south-west-leaders-last-supper

Nice one..
Re: APC South West Presidential Aspirants Meeting Currently Ongoing by drlateef: 8:21am On Jun 05, 2022
derecho:
Instead of trying to derail this thread with bigotry,
If you're referring to Dave Umahi,there's a thread on the FP that says he didn't stepdown.

That said,
just appreciate the camaraderie between the SW aspirants-though I don't see any bigdeal with shaking hands.
Osinbajo is the one showing maturity by ignoring Tinubu's attacks.Let's commend Osinbajo

Tinubu is the one that should be pacified for the ingratitude and disloyalty of his errand boys who chose to challenge him for leadership position. Not Oshinbajo the ingrate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etiebet Dumps APC For PDP In Akwa Ibom / Why PDP Sued INEC (Full Court Documents) / APC, PDP React To Supreme Court’s Adjournment Of Imo Election Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.