Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (83755 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by IYANGBALI: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2011
QPR must sink this weekend either by hook or by crook i no care all i want is the 3 points and then on sunday i wud support those useless boys called gayners,i just hope the feeding bottle boys would no fall my hand on that day.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2011
Is it that bad that we even intend to invent crookery to beat QPR?
Even if Fergie keeps, we should be able to beat them fair and square.

I no understand this by fire by force!!!

TKB

Go and sin no more!! wink wink wink wink

Mr TA

Oya wake up, osiso!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
Bayern would show you how to handle Basel

Hope you tune in and watch
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Bayern would show you how to handle Basel

Hope you tune in and watch

just like they handled man city @ etihad stadium.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 5:10am On Dec 17, 2011
Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted Manchester United are finding Paul Pogba's agent "difficult" to deal with.

The 18-year-old only arrived at Old Trafford from Le Havre in 2009 amid a huge amount of controversy, yet it appears he is already getting itchy feet. A member of last season's FA Youth Cup winning side, Pogba has so far spurned United's offer of a contract extension amid rumours that Italian giants Inter Milan are interested in acquiring his services.

Manchester City have also been linked with the teenager and Ferguson said: "Pogba has an agent who has obviously become a bit difficult. But we are negotiating and we want the boy to stay. If he doesn't want to there is not a lot you can do about it. You just hope he gets the right advice."

He added: "We have an option on his contract so in that respect there is not a great emergency. But if he wants to be a Manchester United player he knows what to do."

The suggestion seems to be that Pogba has been offered more money elsewhere. Given his lack of experience, United are unlikely to match those lucrative terms.

However, Ferguson has offered some fairly straightforward advice for the teenager, who is set to be propelled into United's Premier League squad over Christmas following confirmation Darren Fletcher is going to be missing for an indefinite period due to a chronic inflammatory bowel condition."Matt Busby summed it up perfectly when he said you don't need to chase money at a club like Manchester United," said Ferguson.

"He said it will eventually find you if you are a good enough player. You become rich playing for Manchester United. Players can chase money early in their career but at the end it is not the same as if they'd stayed here.

"The player has to take the decision himself but you wouldn't think you'd need to consider what he has too long. He just needs to look around him to realise."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/16122011/63/ferguson-reveals-pogba-difficulty.html

Shey dis useless tara'do Pogba dey crase ni angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Dec 17, 2011
coogar:

just like they handled man city @ etihad stadium.

After we had qualified and we fielded a second team

Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Kroos, Ribery, Muller Gomez

8 starters ommited

When they played our full team we all saw how the result ended
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2011
[size=18pt]Gotze worth £50m, warn Dortmund as Man United close in on Hummels
[/size]

Sir Alex Ferguson has been warned it will take a bid of £50million to lure his top midfield target Mario Gotze away from Borussia Dortmund, but the Manchester United boss could make a £15m bid for teammate Mats Hummels.
Adding creativity to his midfield has long been the United manager's main transfer priority, and repeated spying missions to Germany this season have confirmed 19-year old Gotze as his preferred choice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2075233/Manchester-United-warned-Mario-Gotze-cost-50m.html#ixzz1goRcoCzp
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2011
Sun, 18 Dec 04:25:00 2011
Manchester United are on the brink of tying up a deal to sign Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan for a fee of £29.3 million, according to the Sunday Telegraph.

Not a paper to be as flippant with its rumours as some of the tabloids, the Telegraph says that the deal will only be completed in the summer despite United's injury problems in midfield.

The 23-year-old Argentina international has been targeted by both Internazionale and Paris St. Germain which has promoted United to act fast and strike an "informal agreement" with Benfica.

Benfica initially wanted £38 million for the player, who can play as an attacking midfielder or left-sided forward, but United insisted they would not go that high, although they have agreed to the Portuguese side's demand to keep Gaitan until the end of the season.

Gaitan's former club Boca Juniors will receive 20 per cent of any transfer fee.

The Telegraph also claims that United are monitoring another Benfica midfielder in the shape of the more defensively minded Javi Martinez.

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/18122011/58/premier-league-paper-round-united-sign-29-3m-gaitan.html
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2011
hey guys

does anyone here know how many points we were leading Arsenal with in 03-04 season before we suffered dip in form (coinciding with Ferdinands injury)

thanks
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:32pm On Dec 18, 2011
tkb417:

hey guys

does anyone here know how many points we were leading Arsenal with in 03-04 season before we suffered dip in form (coinciding with Ferdinands injury)

thanks

ferdinand's suspension, you mean!
we were leading them by just 3 points.

07/01/2004
man utd--P20 W16 D1 L3 GF40 GA14 PTS49

arsenal--P20 W13 D7 L0 GF36 GA 13 PTS46
-----------------------------

19/01/2004
arsenal--P22 W15 D7 L0 GF42 GA14 PTS52

man utd-P22 W16 D2 L4 GF40 GA15 PTS 50

rio ferdinand's ban started on the 12th of january 2004. angry
david dein gave arsenal the title from then on. . . .rio missed a drug test, no drugs taken(8 months ban ), kolo toure took drugs(6 months ban)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2011
carrick . . . .gr8 run . . nyc goal . . . . grin cheesy cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2011
, nice performance.
Maybe it's not that bad.Michael Carrick was splendid.I hope his excellent goal will give him the platform to grow and be a midfield boss for us.
I would worry about our finishing.For all the great play today,2-nil isn't justice as a final score line.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2011
StarBoard:

, nice performance.
Maybe it's not that bad.Michael Carrick was splendid.I hope his excellent goal will give him the platform to grow and be a midfield boss for us.
I would worry about our finishing.For all the great play today,2-nil isn't justice as a final score line.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
i never thought i would read this from starboard in my lifetime.
jeeez, i was hoping i would have been long dead before i hear this scintillating comment about carrick from starboard!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2011
@coogar,
That's why the FA in England never amounts to anything.
How can a missed test have more consequences than someone who was caught?
But is it any wonder that's the last title Arsenal have won?Karma is a . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2011
StarBoard:

, nice performance.

tru . . . .shuda bin more

coogar:

jeeez, i was hoping i would have been long dead before i hear this scintillating comment about carrick from starboard!

lol coogAR grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
coogar:

Unfortunately I tell it as it is.Never hidden my disdain for Carrick but it won't Obscure the fact that he played extremely well today.
I feel he doesn't take the midfield by its collar far too often.But maybe if deployed properly,he can do some part in filling our midfield void.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
Nice to see SuperMex (Hernandez) back earlier than scheduled.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
StarBoard:

Unfortunately I tell it as it is.Never hidden my disdain for Carrick but it won't Obscure the fact that he played extremely well today.
I feel he doesn't take the midfield by its collar far too often.But maybe if deployed properly,he can do some part in filling our midfield void.

but what you completely miss is the fact that in those games people thought he played poorly were games where he paired with giggs or anderson(neither of them can hold). with phil jones, you have 2 good midfielders who can both hold and can both gallop forward. jones is quick. he can quickly recover if he or carrick loses the ball and the danger is averted.

carrick has been buzzing for the past 6 games or so now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2011
coogar:

but what you completely miss is the fact that in those games people thought he played poorly were games where he paired with giggs or anderson(neither of them can hold). with phil jones, you have 2 good midfielders who can both hold and can both gallop forward. jones is quick. he can quickly recover if he or carrick loses the ball and the danger is averted.

carrick has been buzzing for the past 6 games or so now.
The problem with the above is making Jones a midfielder.
Let's just say he's a great athlete.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:06pm On Dec 18, 2011
StarBoard:

The problem with the above is making Jones a midfielder.
Let's just say he's a great athlete.

this term alone, we have had. . . .
fletcher(hiv-virus), anderson(broken leg), giggs(old n grey) gibson(brain farts) cleverley(ankle). . .i think fergie's hands are tied!
although, he brought this upon himself. even before scholes retired, we all felt united needed at least 2 central midfielders.
now we need about 4. . .unless cleverley and anderson gets back in january(before the end of the transfer window).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2011
Good win, cant believe it even ended with just 2 goals to us. So many chances especially in the first half. We should have used this chance to improve our goal difference.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2011
Mr_TA:

Good win, cant believe it even ended with just 2 goals to us. So many chances especially in the first half. We should have used this chance to improve our goal difference.

the culprits

welbeck
rooney
jones
evans

if we don't cop 15 points in the next 5 games then the team should be sent to borno state to distribute christian tracts for 2 months.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 4:40pm On Dec 18, 2011
You forgot Linesman who ruled out a legit goal for offside?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2011
Mr_TA:

You forgot Linesman who ruled out a legit goal for offside?

blame rooney. . . . that pass was there all along but he delayed it a tad too much.
welbeck broke free. . . .if rooney had released the ball a bit earlier then the call wouldn't have been so 50-50.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2011
Good win, i will take it anyday.

Now lets see if those Arsess can do City for us. I know depending of those feather weights is asking too much, but lets wait and see.

If Arsenal win it would really affect city's confidence and then we would have to take advantage.

Having almost all our midfielders out is not helping us , but if we continue to scrap wins like this, when they fully recover and we enter our usual winning run at the business end of the season, then we got a chance.

To the ARSSE thread!!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2011
I've always said on this thread . . . Carrick is our only disciplined CM.
For me in that central position . . . it should be Carrick and any one else.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
No real rush to be top now. We'll bide our time and take the position soon enough.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2011
coogar:

this term alone, we have had. . . .
fletcher(hiv-virus), anderson(broken leg), giggs(old n grey) gibson(brain farts) cleverley(ankle). . .i think fergie's hands are tied!
although, he brought this upon himself. even before scholes retired, we all felt united needed at least 2 central midfielders.
now we need about 4. . .unless cleverley and anderson gets back in january(before the end of the transfer window).
True but this Jones/Rooney experiment would have been avoided if Fergie bought in the summer.
Injuries are part of every season and contingency should be made for situations like these.We knew ahead of time we were lacking in this department.
The fortunate thing is somehow we're still in business as regards the league; I guess this is what Fergie anticipated.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2011
coogar:

ferdinand's suspension, you mean!
we were leading them by just 3 points.

07/01/2004
man utd--P20 W16 D1 L3 GF40 GA14 PTS49

arsenal--P20 W13 D7 L0 GF36 GA 13 PTS46
-----------------------------

19/01/2004
arsenal--P22 W15 D7 L0 GF42 GA14 PTS52

man utd-P22 W16 D2 L4 GF40 GA15 PTS 50

rio ferdinand's ban started on the 12th of january 2004. angry
david dein gave arsenal the title from then on. . . .rio missed a drug test, no drugs taken(8 months ban ), kolo toure took drugs(6 months ban)

LOL

thanks. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by tkb417(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2011
very superb display from United today

but mehn, we lost too many chances

we are getting better. .

Next is Fulham
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 11:18pm On Dec 18, 2011
Nice game but i wanted more goals.
I don't know what to attribute Carrick's performance today to?

The quality of the of the opponent?
His form or the fact that he was paired with someone who allowed him to roam forward
I am likely to go with the last assumption.

Hence i do love to see him advance forward more. This will entail pairing him with Jone.
But just like Starboard said, Jone no be MF.

But overall, nice game and i hope we cop all available points till we meet them scousers
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 6:38am On Dec 19, 2011
Good result, better performances so far. . . . . .great to have Chicharito back, delighted that everybody is putting in a shift for the team. I still believe the UCL demise is a blessing in disguise, at the very least this lads will sit-up and give 100% to avoid any further embarrassments!

Carrick is playing a bit better now cuz he's moved further up the pitch, not the usual deep-lying role and with Jones alongside him - thats a younger, more athletic player who can fall back and take defensive positions faster. With more games in that position, Jones will definitely flourish; for a such a burly-looking lad he's got a fine touch, just needs to work on his passing.

Just two points off the pace, playing better with a bit more assuredness. . . . .not a bad way to be heading into the hectic christmas programme!

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.