Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (84457 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:25am On Dec 19, 2011
Seems Roy Keane is still bitter about how he left the club. lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2011
Roy Keane turning from legend to muppet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
So theres a chance Bayern might play Man Utd in the Second round? father Lord make this happen and I can guarantee you all nothing less than a 3 goal margin of defeat

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/998961/man-utd-play-down-possible-champs-lge-reprieve?cc=5901
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
dayokanu:

So theres a chance Bayern might play Man Utd in the Second round? father Lord make this happen and I can guarantee you all nothing less than a 3 goal margin of defeat

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/998961/man-utd-play-down-possible-champs-lge-reprieve?cc=5901

allow united back into elite europe and they will make it to the final!

however, it's a non-story though!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
The same ppl who cant make it out of a group with Benfica, Basel and Otelu Goliath would make the final?

Maybe the Obalende Sand football final cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
dayokanu:

The same ppl who cant make it out of a group with Benfica, Basel and Otelu Goliath would make the final?

Maybe the Obalende Sand football final cheesy cheesy cheesy

the same pathetic excuse that made you lose to city was the same excuse united had in at least 4 group games.
united did not play their strongest possible team - just like bayern did when they lost gallantly to city.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^ Example of a game where United didnt play with 8 players of the caliber of

De gea, Jones, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Rooney, Rio, Hernandez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:15am On Dec 20, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Example of a game where United didnt play with 8 players of the caliber of

De gea, Jones, Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Rooney, Rio, Hernandez

in the first game of the group(benfica @ portugal). . .
no de gea, rio, vidic, valencia, young, anderson, berbatov, cleverley. . . . . . .(nani, hernandez and jones did not even start)

in the 2nd game(basel @ old trafford)
there were no vidic, cleverley, fabio/rafael, smalling, anderson, rooney, hernandez(nani, berbatov, js park did not start).

throughout the group, there was no single game fergie played his strongest possible team like bayern munich n co.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dayokanu(m): 12:29am On Dec 20, 2011
^^ How many of your stars played that game?

A man Utd stong team would be like

De gea, Jones, Rio, Vidic Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Young Rooney, Hernandez

With some minor adjustment . Regulars are De Gea, Vidic, Jones, Evra, Rooney, Nani, Hernandez, Anderson

Vs man City Only Badstuber and Boateng are our regulars who started

Throughout the groups there was no game Bayern played our strongest possible every game had either Robben or Schweinsteiger out
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 12:35am On Dec 20, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ How many of your stars played that game?

A man Utd stong team would be like

De gea, Jones, Rio, Vidic Evra, Carrick, Anderson, Nani, Young Rooney, Hernandez

With some minor adjustment . Regulars are De Gea, Vidic, Jones, Evra, Rooney, Nani, Hernandez, Anderson

Vs man City Only Badstuber and Boateng are our regulars who started

Throughout the groups there was no game Bayern played our strongest possible every game had either Robben or Schweinsteiger out

that's the problem with your common sense. . . .it's always missing when required. grin
so where would smalling, da silva brothers, valencia and cleverley fit into this your strong man utd team?

are you aware fabio and valencia started the last champions league final?

united have a complex squad. . . .you cannot compare to bayern munich. this is why united have won the most champions league games since 92/93 season. they have won more games in elite europe than any other club in europe.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:45am On Dec 20, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2011
dayokanu:

I actually hope this doesnt happen. Let us take our Europa League embarrassment as deserved.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:04am On Dec 20, 2011
Mr_TA:

This is brilliant!

http://aggbot.com/Manchester-United-News/article/15690912
grin grin

it serves fergie right. . . . . .he mocked the opposition before the quiz even started.

'We've got a club quiz in early December and Ryan Giggs is frantically trying to recruit the two brightest brains in the squad — Dr Steve McNally and assistant head physio Neil Hough — to go up against me.

'We did one on MUTV last year against Giggsy, Gary Neville and Michael Carrick. They were hopeless!
'This year Giggs has roped Jonny Evans and Wayne Rooney into it. Can you believe that? Come on, we want some competition!

'To be fair, Jonny Evans is a bright lad. He got something like 10 GCSEs, so we'll have to keep an eye on him.'
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by kaypumpin2(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2011
Okay then, devil don catch am.
he escaped with Ghana but not with Evra

Suara slammed with an 8 match ban plus E40k shocked shocked shocked shocked

FA harsh oo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
Emperoh:

Okay then, devil don catch am.
he escaped with Ghana but not with Evra

Suara slammed with an 8 match ban plus E40k shocked shocked shocked shocked

FA harsh oo

he should have gotten more. i was hoping he would get 24 league games.
racism at any level should not be condoned!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 5:09am On Dec 21, 2011
ok . . . so its going down against fulham 2day . . . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2011
coogar:

he should have gotten more. i was hoping he would get 24 league games.
racism at any level should not be condoned!
Waiting to see how the Terry case pans out.
If Terry gets any less,then Suarez is being made a scapegoat and there's a lot of hyypocrisy in the FA.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2011
StarBoard:

Waiting to see how the Terry case pans out.
If Terry gets any less,then Suarez is being made a scapegoat and there's a lot of hyypocrisy in the FA.

Exactly my thoughts.
I am wondering why this has to be delayed this much.

The evidence against Terry is even worse that Suara's.
But trust those long nosed, red faces biatches to know it all
We'll see how the English captain's case is handled. . . . . and i trust i will not be disappointed.
They will find a release to either sweep the case under or let Terry go scot free

Effiko:

ok . . . so its going down against fulham 2day . . . . .

Craven Cottage is one of the arena's i fear most.
We normally drop points here but Fulham's lately has been hot and cold.

Another key thing is to know if Baba will maintain a team.
His shuffling and re-shuffling has been damaging us and he just gets away with it
We'll see sha
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2011
Im also abit nervous about Craven Cottage tonight. I suspect SAF will make a few changes and this is what might cost us as he has to this about our boxing day fixture.

We'll see. I just hope for every match that we dont pick up anymore long term injuries.

RE: Suarez, I think it was deserved. However, I am intrigued to know what evidence the FA used to come to this conclusion. If it was Evra's word against Suarez' then this could open up a whole new can of worms.
Hopefully the evidence and punishment against John Terry is solid.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Emperoh(m): 10:42am On Dec 21, 2011
Mr_TA:

RE: Suarez, I think it was deserved. However, I am intrigued to know what evidence the FA used to come to this conclusion. If it was Evra's word against Suarez' then this could open up a whole new can of worms.

Liverpool is claiming this was the case and i find it quite alarming if this is true and then couple it with the fact that Evra accepted saying some swear words to him.
I am more keen on the Terry saga and how it ends. See excerpts of their media release;

The Anfield statement added: "Evra admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms.

"Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult."

We are watching the FA.

As for the CC game, if we will win, i do expect by a slim margin. Maybe 1 goal
But as long as that guarantees three points, Emperoh is happy. We need to be on Citeh's neck.
Let's see how they cope with the pressure of someone breathing down your neck.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2011
Mr_TA:

The evidence against Terry is as solid as a rock.Video evidence exists.
So we should be waiting for a similar ban in terms of length and fine, all things being equal.
We'll know if Suarez's ban is deserved when Terry's case is through.
As for the evidence,it's tough to tell,though it looks like it was word of mouth.No ref report or such.
I fear that will be used to set a precedent and could encourage all manner of accusations.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 1:51pm On Dec 21, 2011
Liverpool are just perambulating looking for any excuse to save their best player and I can understand their predicament. But didn't Suarez himself suggest he used d "n" with Evra, wasn't Gus Poyet screaming from d rooftops explaining that Suarez's supposed insults, were not an insult in South American culture. D media reported that "suara" defense would consist of character statements and highlighting d cultural differences of any supposed racist statement. All this points to d fact that d club and d player willingly acknowledged d guy said something that most likely could be controversial. Now all of a sudden they want to go back to arguing its Evra word against Suarez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2011
montelik:

Liverpool are just perambulating looking for any excuse to save their best player and I can understand their predicament. But didn't Suarez himself suggest he used d "n" with Evra, wasn't Gus Poyet screaming from d rooftops explaining that Suarez's supposed insults, were not an insult in South American culture. D media reported that "suara" defense would consist of character statements and highlighting d cultural differences of any supposed racist statement. All this points to d fact that d club and d player willingly acknowledged d guy said something that most likely could be controversial. Now all of a sudden they want to go back to arguing its Evra word against Suarez.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2011
montelik:

From where I see it,it's apparent that word of mouth evidence was used.If that's the precedent that the FA want to set,it's not going to help the system,in my view. . .
We know Suarez agreed that he used the derogatory term.Why he did that,I wouldn't know,but I'm guessing he did so to appear kind of macho (a typical latin american male trait),but for whatever reason he did that,it was plain dumb to me.
If he had denied it,the onus of proof would have been with Evra and the case would have died on arrival.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2011
StarBoard:

From where I see it,it's apparent that word of mouth evidence was used.If that's the precedent that the FA want to set,it's not going to help the system,in my view. . .
We know Suarez agreed that he used the derogatory term.Why he did that,I wouldn't know,but I'm guessing he did so to appear kind of macho (a typical latin american male trait),but for whatever reason he did that,it was plain dumb to me.
If he had denied it,the onus of proof would have been with Evra and the case would have died on arrival.

no evidence was used because suarez agreed he used the derogatory term.
once he pleaded guilty to that, the f-a didn't need to scoop out any evidence. evra felt aggrieved he was called a negrito but suarez is using language barrier as the key.

for bleeps' sake, suarez has spent several years in europe to know what is tolerated and what isn't? besides that, it really depends on the context it was used. on the day in question, suarez used that word to provoke evra or to wind him up so it cannot be said he was being friendly with evra.
the correct decision in my own opinion.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^^
Not holding brief for Suarez.
Only trying to highlight some inconsistencies in the FA's approach to cases like these.
What I'm asking is had Suarez not admitted to saying those things,would they have thrown the book at him the way they did?
It's hard to prove such allegations when it's obvious nobody aside those two heard those statements from Suarez.Hence my statement that admitting it for whatever reason/motive was dumb.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
StarBoard:

^^^
Not holding brief for Suarez.
Only trying to highlight some inconsistencies in the FA's approach to cases like these.
What I'm asking is had Suarez not admitted to saying those things,would they have thrown the book at him the way they did?
It's hard to prove such allegations when it's obvious nobody aside those two heard those statements from Suarez.Hence my statement that admitting it for whatever reason/motive was dumb.

of course, they would have relied on video evidence - the same video evidence that is looping an axe over john terry's head at the moment.
suarez admitted because he knew the allegations would convict him so he quickly said negrito isn't an offensive word where he came from.

what about acting like a roman when you are in rome. so because i can pull down my pants on the streets in nigeria and shyte means it's acceptable anywhere else in the world? suarez's lawyers are tools!

there's video evidence and there are lip-readers. racism isn't a small issue in england. evra can still take the matter up with the police and suarez might even face jail-term. if someone used the same word against me on the streets - he would go to prison. football players are not different. the law is the law.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2011
When this whole brouhaha started, Liverpool and Suarez claimed no wrong doing and total innocence claiming no sky footage e.t.c. and shifted d burden of proof to Evra, even requesting punishment if he couldn't prove his accusation. Then conveniently after d F.A charge him, d story changes and then we start hearing claims of cultural differences mitigating anything Suarez possibly said, even a seeming acceptance of controversial conduct when Liverpool put up articles on their official site claiming that even if he did say "something", it was okay.

Now I am not a lawyer (despite an avid interest in tort), but why would they change their story from protesting absolute innocence to partial acceptance of guilt? In my view d reason is clear, after d F.A charged him they either panicked that actual evidence existed and decided they had to change strategy, or possibly in charging him d F.A offered evidence of conduct that Liverpool felt had to be explained, hence their change of strategy. My guess from their amateurish statement, is that Liverpool and Suarez clearly feared after they charge him, that evidence did exist and decided to change strategy. Now after they have seen d verdict is not favorable they are trying to go back to d first strategy, which they should have stuck with throughout.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by codedguy1(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2011
^^

The fact that LFC changed their statement only further prove that something sinister was said and like u said they now needed an explanation.

Suarez agreeing that he made the statement and claiming that in his home country such things are not perceived as racist is exactly what nailed the case. He felt he could wiggle his way outer the entanglement.

Anyways, lets wait and see what will happen to Terry and we would know if the FA are consistent or not. We also have to wait for the explanation from the FA on why they took that decision against Suarez. it would make things clearer, atleast from the FA's POV.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2011
Now Jones is injured cry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2011
A combo of us being fantastic and Fulham being terrible. Nani has just killed Fulham with 2 assists and a goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea :FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 27th May 2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Semi-final - (1 - 3) On 19th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.