Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide (13398 Views)

Student Commits Suicide One Week After Graduation Because Of Sex With A Woman :( / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide / How I Toasted A Female Bank Staff Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2011
Miss Motunrayo Ogbara, an ex-banker of Access Bank Plc who is a Unilag Graduate committed suicide on Monday after being jilted by her lover.

The corpse of Ogbara, 26, from the famous Ogbara family, Ikorodu, Lagos, was discovered hanging from the ceiling of her sister’s residence on Allen Avenue.

According to a source, who craved anonymity, the deceased was a former employee of the Access Bank but resigned recently.

“Motunrayo (Ogbara) was an employee of Access Bank but she recently resigned. She told us she had received a job offer at the MTN and we were happy for her,” she said.

Another friend of the deceased told one of our correspondents that the deceased became depressed after receiving the sad news.

“She had a medical problem but nobody was sure of the exact problem. It seems her fiancé later found out about the health issue and he called off the wedding and dumped her. This left her depressed,” she said.

Although the deceased was described as a sociable person, PUNCH METRO’s finding showed that she was neither on Facebook nor Twitter.

Another source, a former classmate of the deceased said she did not expect Motunrayo(Ogbara) to indulge in such an act.

The source, who craved anonymity, said “She was my classmate at Queen’s College, Yaba. We both graduated in 2001.

“Although we were not very close, I knew her very well because she was one of the most popular girls in the school. She had many friends because she was pretty and many girls liked following her around.”

Our correspondent learnt that after graduating from Queen’s College in 2001, Ogbara gained admission into the University of Lagos through Diploma two programme to study Economics.

PUNCH METRO investigations showed that no autopsy was carried out and she was buried on Tuesday at Vaults and Garden Cemetery, Ikoyi.

A close family member of the deceased, who craved anonymity, said Ogbara was jilted and had attempted suicide in December, 2010, before she was stopped.

http://naijan.com/motunrayo-ogbara-jilted-banker-who-commits-suicide/

Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by sleekyb: 9:11am On Jul 20, 2011
i still find it difficult to understand what would push me to commit suicide? so becos a guy jilts me means no other would look my way again? May she RIP.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 20, 2011
The times we are in , are so scary. In the past few days, Its been suicide, suicide, suicide ! The young , The Old . I am so worried about the days we are living in. Why are people getting so frustrated. It is very Un_ Nigerian. I pray that the good Lord will guide us all and keep our hearts pure.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by slymm(f): 9:21am On Jul 20, 2011
This is crazy, sad and annoying @ the same time. What a selfiish thing for her to do. We may never know the real reason she did this, was it because of the medical condition(whatever it was), or because of the guy who broke her heart. I can not comprehend hanging myself over a man. No! No! No! no man is worth it, as a matter of fact, no human being is worth it.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 20, 2011
My sisters, she has saved the young
man of showing up @ the court in few years time , if he had gotten married to her. She would have still commited this suicide , if she got married to him. The sad news is ,these days the rate at which people break down on emotional issues is getting out of hand.
I do not dig the society ladies but at this time I will give it up for them.They always have their head up and come out of every situation with a bolder face to life.Apparently I heard the news the day it happened , But I was too scared to even post it cos everyone I was asking was in dismay and could not talk about it.
When the your boyfriend shenking you become the end of life.
What of women who have six children and they come home and meet their stuff outside even with their kids( Probably their husband brought in a new woman)? Will you hang yourself ?
Who will you leave your kids for?
Even if it is AIdS you have? Complete your Lifetime In Joy and commit your time on earth to your creator.ays have their head up and come out of every situation with a bolder face to life.Apparently I heard the news the day it happened , But I was too scared to even post it cos everyone I was asking was in dismay and could not talk about it.
What of women who have six children and they come home and meet their stuff outside even with their kids( Probably their husband brought in a new woman)? Will you hang yourself ?
Even if it is AIdS you have? Complete your Lifetime In Joy and commit your time on earth to your creator.

head up and come out of every situation with a bolder face to life.Apparently I heard the news the day it happened , But I was too scared to even post it cos everyone I was asking was in dismay and could not talk about it.
Even if it is AIdS you have? Complete your Lifetime In Joy and commit your time on earth to your creator.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by afrobaby(f): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2011
over a man or over any health issue or over anything whatsoever, I cannot commit suicide, a life given to me by God, which I know is only once, I can never waste it, God, help us, what is this world turning into
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2011
shez not looking bad, shez tyt, so y shud she commit such, ministerial candidate,now anoda one, what a pity, R.I.P
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by doctokwus: 10:02am On Jul 20, 2011
I sed it in d post about d pdp chieftain who drowned himself:things unnigerian are now bcoming commonplace:kidnappings,bombings,gruesome murders,suicides.We all know nigerians 2 b diehards for living,no mata d situation,alas times are changing for us,we seem to nolonger attach value to our own lives and those of others,at a whim we want to leave or want odas 2 leave for d hereafter.Dis was a lady many wud say had d world @her feet:able to change frm 1 lucrative job to anoda,beautiful,yet obviously dose weren't enuf for ha,me feels dere was sth so deep and hidden she wanted it hidden for eva,a guy,possibly but unlikely,more like d guy was d final straw to all d deep,secret nightmares she cud no longer deal wt.Sad, but we are nigerians and what defines us is d unparalled ability to live on,despite d nightmares we face daily as a people,no one shd emulate her or ha kind who attach little value to d art of living beyond all odds we ave perfected.ld @her feet:able to change frm 1 lucrative job to anoda,beautiful,yet obviously dose weren't enuf for ha,me feels dere was sth so deep and hidden she wanted it hidden for eva,a guy,possibly but unlikely,more like d guy was d final straw to all d deep,secret nightmares she cud no longer deal wt.Sad, but we are nigerians and what defines us is d unparalled ability to live on,despite d nightmares we face daily as a people,no one shd emulate her or ha kind who attach little value to d art of living beyond all odds we ave perfected.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Kx: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2011
When they commit suicide, why do they always think where there are going is better than where there are coming from?
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Omolola1(f): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2011
me sef go soon commit suicide. . .heheh
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Omolola1(f): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2011
me sef go soon commit suicide. . .heheheh
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by carnal: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2011
i cannot undastand why a beautiful gurl wit gud figure, well endowed (front and back), good career,good job at hand leavin access to MTN,a gurl dats eye poppin for other guys, homley, fun to be wit will jus kill hersef because of a guy.i know Motunrayo very well and we all are still in a very deep shock, i sincerely believe this is more than d ordinary or definately there is somethin we all mite not know about except for him and the guy in question. I will neva tak my life for any reason no mata i will NEVER!!!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by 27naira(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2011
hmm, i came here to read me some romantic stuff. What's romantic about this?  angry

pls somebody should update us with the latest playboy housemate info. Me don't need getting depressed over this.  sad
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by claremont(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2011
Mehn this girl "endowments" no bad oh! Why oh why will such a cute and young girl commit suicide over a guy? She for come meet me make I marry am sharp sharp nah grin, what a waste of talent and body!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Welder(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2011
Omolola1:

me sef go soon commit suicide. . .heheheh

Wats funny about commiting suicide? no wonder 190 dumped ur a** angry angry angry
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by slymm(f): 10:53am On Jul 20, 2011
This girl must have had some deap seated issues. We can not and should not attempt to understand her reason, for we will never be able to. I feel for her parents/loved ones, what a horrible way to loose a child, what a selfish thing for her to do. Dude she killed herself for, is probably in bed with a chick right now. She messed up.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by denzel2009: 11:08am On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by sleekyb: 11:15am On Jul 20, 2011
is she the one in the pic? she is beautiful and wounld have gotten any man of her dreams cry cry cry
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Pennywise(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2011
Pretty girl who looks apparently healthy, sociable from affluent background, had her wedding called off by groom-to-be over a

medical condition possibly recently discovered. It doesnt require a Nobel-winning researcher on HIV to know what is at play here.

Granted that she was weak, but perhaps if she had sufficient emotional support (family, church or psychologist) she may have pulled

through her depression. The reality is that when some pple go through periods of 'the blues' they ostracize themselves from

potential help sources. Suicide is never a solution to any problem. If she had known her demise will result in media speculation

about her health she would have thought better of it.

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2011
Another version has popped in altogether !

Tragedy again struck the banking industry Monday when a lady simply known as Motunrayo, a staff of a leading Bank in Nigeria, allegedly committed suicide. d suicide. 
checks reveal that Motunrayo allegedly hung herself with a rope after she was jilted by her “sugar daddy”.  
sources reveal that the deceased had served as a longtime mistress to a well-known business tycoon (Name Withheld), who resides in Lagos with his wife and children. However trouble started when the business man ended the relationship because his wife had discovered that he was having extramarital affairs, and threatened to divorce him.
The late banker, Motunrayo, had hoped to become his second wife, but the wife of businessman, who is alleged to be heavily invested in his business, threatened him with divestment, and turned his home into a battle ground. Thus, in order to deescalate the tension in his home, he reluctantly dumped Motunrayo.  
However, according to family sources, Motunrayo did not take the rejection well, "Since then, she had not remained herself as a result of the incident. She had done everything to bring back the man to no avail. She could not control the emotional trauma and so ended up taking her life,” a family member affirmed. 
 Motunrayo, a graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos, had fallen deeply in love with the married man, who was very instrumental to her growth at the banking sector. He ensured she always got colossal deposits from himself and other business associate; hence she always met her target.
"She was sponsored by her lover (The business tycoon) to pursue her Master’s degree abroad," a source added.

The question is, will a Naija lady commit suicide? the story is developing, meanwhile I say arrest that guy for "further questioning" as we think there might be more to this than meets the eyes
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Pennywise(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2011
^^^
Now we can expect to have another round of villification of married men.

She should have come to NL. Some can attest to its therapeutic value over issues like this
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by carnal: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2011
anoda version thru thru @1acre
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Pennywise(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2011
Sad she is gone. But it will be heartening to some married men who wish to have a side play that real love from a mistress is indeed possible- not the usual affection for cash they are accustomed.

Every married-man player should light a candle for Moruntayo. May her sweet soul rest in peace.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Konjour(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2011
WTF, Suicide cuz of a jilt? shocked shocked angry Seems the mortality rate due to Love-related depressions is fast enveloping that of HIV/AIDS nowadays.

RIPP though, hope she gets God's forgiveness and avoids dante's inferno. Pathetic. embarassed
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Mallow: 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2011
i hope the man in question is happy, now that she's dead.
i wish she hasn't done that,she looks pretty. RIP.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by doctokwus: 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2011
Na wao o,dis new version of d story adds a new twist to d whole tale,and it sounds blievable.How can sbody convniently resign frm hard to find banking job,goes abroad for a masters programme,has anoda lucrative job @mtn,etc,etcetera,somebody must av been paving ha way for ha.I wish d wife of d alleged sugardaddy can come out to confirm or refute dis tale.If tru,it will make d suicidee a low life homebreaker and she will now b with d devil on d oda side of hell because apart frm being a homebreaker she tuk her own life.I knew dere was more to d story dan ds cock and bull tale of being dumpd by a struggling bf.Such a waste of hope
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Ivynwa(f): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
This version that I read in another thread made more sense than the malicious paint-her-all-black being reported in this una thread sef https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=716971.msg8752900#msg8752900

Poor Darling! She should have just enjoyed this beautiful life that we have instead of allowing those problems depress her, there are children out there to adopt if she is unable to make hers. This is why we should all lend shoulders to unhappy people when they come depressed, you may be saving their death by so doing.

Again there's a great level of insensitivity, selfishness and lack of love that we exhibit to ourselves in Nigeria, it is true we humans like good things for ourselves but at the end of such relationship with a person with such health issue one should still show them love and be there for them. Don't some people in this forum have some unwritten NL laws that one should stop talking to an ex when they get married? In her case if her ex has lovingly explained to her that he has to marry another woman that can give him kids and remained there for her still caring and giving her listening ears she will not have depressed to the level of killing herself. We know how to be very selfish and unloving, just get the hottest chick or dude to marry and to hell with every other person.

If she had even come to nairaland to lean on her brothers and sisters some married women and even some men here would have told her how desperate she is and made fun of her for being unmarried. Insensitive Nigerians! It is high time the managers of this forum rose above the height of insensitivities being expressed in this forum with people laughing at the problem of others. I know what I am talking about because even a man whose wife has HIV has been mocked by people in NL etc.

Bikonu (please) Let us be a sensitive people that care for others not just ourselves, a listening ear to that troubled neighbour of yours, a hug for that troubled child may make a great difference.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by kpolli(m): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
how come all the sources r all anonymous
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Honeycity(f): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Ivynwa:

Poor Darling! She should have just enjoyed this beautiful life that we have instead of allowing those problems depress her, there are children out there to adopt if she is unable to make hers. This is why we should all lend shoulders to unhappy people when they come depressed, you may be saving their death by so doing.

This version that I read in another thread made more sense than the malicious paint-her-all-black being reported in this una thread sef https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=716971.msg8752900#msg8752900
Ivynwa:

Poor Darling! She should have just enjoyed this beautiful life that we have instead of allowing those problems depress her, there are children out there to adopt if she is unable to make hers. [b]This is why we should all lend shoulders to unhappy people when they come depressed, you may be saving their death by so doing.[/b]

[/quote

well said!!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
Once again another Nigerian lady chooses the way of the coward. Sorry, but you didn't need to do that girl. Now you will become the devil's plaything.

On a serious note, which version are we now to believe? The sugar daddy version sounds so forki.ng suspicious and made-up. I believe the former version.

I believe that she should have come clean with the issue of not having a womb from the onset of the relationship.

It takes only an aje butter pikin to do this. Na wa for aje butters oooo! See Mutallab who was a botty child wanted to commit suicide. Thank goodness I wasn't an ajebutter
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by ShyOne(f): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
NO WOMB - a beautiful child bearing aged woman, living in Nigeria?

From a well known family?

Popular ALL HER LIFE?  Held in high esteem far and wide by all who knew her?

Why doesn't this add up to readers?

She is living up to a society THAT DOESN'T LIVE UP TO HER.  That's why she committed suicide.  She lives in a society from birth that puts a woman's worth on beauty, ovaries, being a wife and mother.  Her self worth though she was educated was placed in those categories because she lives in a society that pushes that thought process throughout all levels of their hierarchy.  As far as she was concerned if he jilted her, others would too.  As far as she saw and felt, her life wasn't worth the living.   embarassed

I wish that she had been surrounded by those that valued living a life without children.  I know so many people who don't want kids and would have loved finding a woman who couldn't have any.  Who would have loved her for who she is as a person and would have made her want to live until she passed 100.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by MrCork17: 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
she aint even light skin. she gots Nyansh? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think My 11yr Old Nephew Is Gay / Please What's The Name Of This (picture) / Sex With A Very Old Woman Of About 120 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.