Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,712 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide (13418 Views)

Student Commits Suicide One Week After Graduation Because Of Sex With A Woman :( / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide / How I Toasted A Female Bank Staff Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by emmatok(m): 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
Elpieda:

To all you who keep saying she had no reason to commit suicide, yadi yadi ya I pray to the Almighty God that you shall not be faced with a burden or despair that will push you to taking your own life. You all find it easy to condemn because you are not the one in her shoes, May you not go through pain that will push you to thoughts of suicide,

And to all those who have said that she is going straight to hell, please let me know when you all became a "god". Show me where in the Bible that says "those who commit suicide are going to hell". I am in no way justifying her act but I am saying you all need to think before you speak. Based on your understanding of God and who you consider your maker to be, come to your understanding from there. The same Bible that says do not murder also says do not commit adultery, do not lie, do not bear false witness, do not steal, do not fornicate. And I am so sure a lot of us are guilty of all these other sins but because we feel "my sin is not as bad as this other sin" then we are quick to judge others in other to make ourselves look good.

Also the last time I checked, the only unforgivable sins were denying Christ and blaspheming against the Holy Spirit (even though i am still trying to fully understand what it means to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit). Also, what will you say to those who commit all sorts of abortions?

I know people single out Suicide because the "suicidee" did not have an opportunity to ask for forgiveness and repent. But what makes you think you will know for sure what you will be doing before you die? What of those who have accidents on their way back from committing adultery, or those who get shot with stray bullets after stealing company funds or those who dies in a plane crash after cursing out the air hostess? Does that mean they are going straight to hell too?

I think no one has a right to condemn no one because God's ways are not our ways. You do not know how she lived her life before getting to this point and you do not know what relationship she had with God before getting to this point. THat is so between her and God. Everyone seems to be acting like the people who told Jesus they needed to stone the adulterous woman but Jesus replied and said "he who has no sin should throw the first stone".

Let us all examine our lives and "take heed lest we fall"

Abegi make we hear word jor.

Do you know that attempted Suicide in some Societies is a crime? I don't know about that of Nigeria.

And you are here defend her actions as if she is the only one  going through depression.

This is a woman living above average NIGERIANS.

Yet she lives in a society were some cannot, get education, job and live well.

She has no reason to commit Suicide.

It cowardly and selfish.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2011
I'm Sure most of us have Heard about Motunrayo Ogbara

Unlike what most think the Deceased (May her soul Rest in Peace) didn't end her life "only" because of man issues as being reported.

She suffered from acute depression & the break up with her boy friend amongst other things added to her depression.

Contrary to what most know about depression:

Motunrayo had a lot going for her and was always a bubbly extroverted lady, full of life.

She went to the UK last year for her masters degree & started feeling very low & depressed, but no one thought it to be anything serious

Ain't we ALL Guilty of this?
We often think "Deal with it men"!!!!!

Based on her state of Mind she deferred her studies & moved back home.

On her return she showed the following symptoms of acute depression:

1) She cut off from her friends, deleted almost all her bb contacts & would not return anyone's calls

2) She hardly left her house & room for days.

3) She felt detached & abandoned.

4) She craved attention but no one really had her time. Because most of her best friends are scattered round the globe & the few here had issues of their own.

5) She lived with her sister & unlike her, she soon started giving bad attitude, which caused a rift between them (She was silently crying out for help).

6) She didn't want people to even know that she was back in d country & uncharacteristically kept to herself.

Nobody thought anything of it.

On Saturday 16th July when her Cup became FULL, she lied that she was going to a friend's house, but instead locked herself in her room & hung herself.
Her body was only discovered on Monday the 18th of July.

I'm sure many are asking haba!!!! Why should she take it that far? Shebi we ALL have issues.

Apart from breaking up with her boy friend, she had some family problems, she also just had an operation to remove a cyst and was just generally disturbed by a lot of things.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by coogar: 3:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
^^^

if you know this much about her, why didn't you help?
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by nicocent(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
Personally I think she is sick.this relationship stuff is a game and I do nt even think about it
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by denny4ril: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
Rules of happiness: Single or married, NEVER LIVE UR WHOLE LIFE TRYING TO BE WHAT SOMEONE ELSE WANTS. IF U ARE NOT ACCEPTED BY AN INDIVIDUAL, SURELY SOMEONE ELSE WILL LIKE THAT.

I learn this lesson from a movie WHY DID I GET MARRIED and eventually realized it is true. most times people go extra mile to please people that do not even like them, buy wat will not be accepted and encourage those that will not listen. if you want to be happy, stay by this rule.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by slymm(f): 5:49am On Jul 24, 2011
Can we not see and understand that the end of her relationship was the last straw that broke the camels back. We seem to enjoy the 'she killed herself over a man' part of the story. Woman was depressed, had loads of issues. I wish she found a way to get past it, and that would have been easy if Nigerians even understood the gravity of the disease called depression. i feel sad for the parents who will forever be changed by her selfish act.Can we not see and understand that the end of her relationship was the last straw that broke the camels back. We seem to enjoy the 'she killed herself over a man' part of the story. Woman was depressed, had loads of issues. I wish she found a way to get past it, and that would have been easy if Nigerians even understood the gravity of the disease called depression. i feel sad for the parents who will forever be changed by her selfish act.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by claremont(m): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
slymm:

Can we not see and understand that the end of her relationship was the last straw that broke the camels back. We seem to enjoy the 'she killed herself over a man' part of the story. Woman was depressed, had loads of issues. I wish she found a way to get past it, and that would have been easy if Nigerians even understood the gravity of the disease called depression. i feel sad for the parents who will forever be changed by her selfish act.Can we not see and understand that the end of her relationship was the last straw that broke the camels back. We seem to enjoy the 'she killed herself over a man' part of the story. Woman was depressed, had loads of issues. I wish she found a way to get past it, and that would have been easy if Nigerians even understood the gravity of the disease called depression. i feel sad for the parents who will forever be changed by her selfish act.
Spot on!!!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
Abegi let person hear word jor!

The girl was definitely sick. Which kind excuses be all this one? In a country where it is extremely hard to eat a square meal, this spoilt rich brat was able to change 2 lucrative jobs within 6 months, fly to UK to and fro, and on a whim decide she didn't want to stay abroad anymore. Furthermore a good job was waiting for her at MTN.

Nonsense. Why don't most handicapped people in Nigeria commit suicide? Why don't most deformed people commit suicide? Why don't graduates who have been searching for jobs for 5yrs commit suicide? Why don't most barren women commit suicide? This spoilt rich rat who had everything going for her committed suicide. Well good riddance. At least Nigeria's population has reduced by 1(so said one of my colleagues at work).

SMH.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by cutebabe: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
pDude:

The girl was definitely sick. Nonsense. Why don't most handicapped people in Nigeria commit suicide? Why don't most deformed people commit suicide? Why don't graduates who have been searching for jobs for 5yrs commit suicide? Why don't most barren women commit suicide? This spoilt rich rat who had everything going for her committed suicide. Well good riddance. At least Nigeria's population has reduced by 1(so said one of my colleagues at work).

SMH.

I agree with you pDude she was sick, unfortunately she did not get the right treatment or help on time afterall no one in their right mind will choose to die hence why you run from a moving trailer.

Having said that, I totally disagree with you on your other point and think you need to rethink your comment. It is shallow to say she had everything going for for her because she is rich. Money and rich parenthood is not everything, in fact job and man does not come close.
A man is made of spirit, soul and body, you be the judge if having money, man and job satisfies all three.
I could write numerous chapters on mental health for you so you and your colleague can read at your lunchtime.

Also, there are deformed people who commit suicide, there have been graduates without jobs who committed suicide, there have been barren women who committed suicide. Do you think if it was Suraju under the bridge or Segi who sells rice by yaba junction that committed suicide it would make it to Nairaland talk less of 5 page thread.

We are only priviledged to exercise our vocal muscles because she made the news which again is not unconnected to riches and beauty.

P.S.
Just in case anyone reading this is going through similar or have people around you are susceptible to such, SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER. Every problem has an expiry date no temptation will overcome you, don't allow the lies and deceit of the world or even the cruel comments of others drive you to Despair. God cares and he knows what you are going through, God has the final say on your situation. You did not give yourself life and you should not take it. We should always think of this [i[b]]"after Death what next".[/[/b]i]
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
cutebabe:

I agree with you pDude she was sick, unfortunately she did not get the right treatment or help on time afterall no one in their right mind will choose to die hence why you run from a moving trailer.

Having said that, I totally disagree with you on your other point and think you need to rethink your comment. It is shallow to say she had everything going for for her because she is rich. Money and rich parenthood is not everything, in fact job and man does not come close.
A man is made of spirit, soul and body, you be the judge if having money, man and job satisfies all three.
I could write numerous chapters on mental health for you so you and your colleague can read at your lunchtime.

Also, there are deformed people who commit suicide, there have been graduates without jobs who committed suicide, there have been barren women who committed suicide. Do you think if it was Suraju under the bridge or Segi who sells rice by yaba junction that committed suicide it would make it to Nairaland talk less of 5 page thread.

We are only priviledged to exercise our vocal muscles because she made the news which again is not unconnected to riches and beauty.

P.S.
Just in case anyone reading this is going through similar or have people around you are susceptible to such, SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER.[b] Every problem has an expiry date no temptation will overcome you, don't allow the lies and deceit of the world or even the cruel comments of others drive you to Despair. God cares and he knows what you are going through, God has the final say on your situation. You did not give yourself life and you should not take it. We should always think of this [i[b]]"after Death what next".[/[/b]i][/b
]

God bless you for your words of encouragement. I myself am encouraged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Get Your Women To Reach Orgasm? Share With Us! / This Beautiful Lady Was Denied Job Because Of Her B**bs Are ‘too Big’ (photos) / been Disturbing Me Since Then Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.