Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide (13420 Views)

Student Commits Suicide One Week After Graduation Because Of Sex With A Woman :( / My Boyfriend Just Got Married Behind My Back , I Feel Like Commiting Suicide / How I Toasted A Female Bank Staff Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by mirob(f): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
@ivynwa U have said it all,even in this our great forum Nl,some people make mockery of other peoples plight that they will hardly come here to seek succor except 4 the hard ones. Pls moderators do something.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by ShyOne(f): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
There are 3 couples (married) in my church who don't want children.  Don't want to hold yours.  Who travel, eat out, work and love their careers.  Completely enjoy the finer things in life.  They have been married for over 20 years now and still don't want any children.  Have beautiful homes and are quite content.

Visiting different countries on their vacations, etc,

There are times when you really need to carve out your own niche in life, trust God to know what is GOOD FOR YOU and be the one that can see the forest beyond the trees.  What is wrong with being unique?  being different?  being note worthy?  Those are the ones that are ground breakers.  So what if people talk about you.  They will always talk.  Give them something note worthy to talk about by being great.

Instead of following the crowd - DAAAAYYYYUUUUMMM - GIVE the crowd something to follow.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by MrCork17: 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
mirob:

@ivynwa U have said it all,even in this our great forum Nl,some people make mockery of other peoples plight that they will hardly come here to seek succor except 4 the hard ones. Pls moderators do something.

madam are u a pastor or a pastress?? undecided
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Elpieda: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
Shy One, God bless you, that's all I can say, I can see you are in Indiana. Not to insinuate anything but I have noticed that most Nigerians who go abroad and have a sincere an open mind, usually have their mode of thinking changed for the better and tend to view life broader than the little box our culture tries to put us in most of the time.

There is more to a marriage than having kids but society has made you believe you are nothing if you don't have a child, Its a shame,

I went to school with Motunrayo and she has always been a cheerful girl. But then notice in the story how she went for her masters, came back after 4 months and the only way her folks saw it fit to deal with her constant complaint of depression was to buy her a new car, get her a driver and get her a new job. Money cannot buy peace of mind. Money cannot buy happiness. We all need a stronger support system and families and friends who love us for who we are and who will not reject us if we do not live up to their own expectations of us.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by kokoye(m): 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
Unfortunately the Nigerian system, culture and tradition do not help! That is the sad fact.

As a couple, if you do not have biological kids, they will make your life miserable. This includes friends as well, not just families

Hell, if you dont even have a male or female child in some quarters.

It is even common within the Nigeria society abroad, not just in Nigeria.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by MrsChima(f): 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
Answer me this Koyoke.

Are you telling me that if a Nigerian man or woman doesn't have children they are considered WORTHLESS? undecided shocked
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Godmother(f): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2011
What a waste!!!
As beautiful as she was.Its a shame
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by kokoye(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
The society will call you all kinds of names . .and this can be tough to handle.

Even your female friends will indirectly flash their kids in front of you, and still tell you to 'stay strong'

This is why you see poeple living in church or going to dine with herbalists or occultists

Some churches also do not help . . .they tell you you have the problem because 'you are not sering God enough'

Sad but true.

But not only Nigerians. I have witnessed some westerners go thru this situations before. . .

God help us.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by MrsChima(f): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2011
kokoye:

The society will call you all kinds of names . .and this can be tough to handle.

Even your female friends will indirectly flash their kids in front of you, and still tell you to 'stay strong'

This is why you see poeple living in church or going to dine with herbalists or occultists

Some churches also do not help . . .they tell you you have the problem because 'you are not sering God enough'

Sad but true.

But not only Nigerians. I have witnessed some westerners go thru this situations before. . .

God help us.

I don't know about that but North Americans are less likely to ostracize someone for not having children or unable to have children for the government is trying to encourage birth control to child bearing women. As you should know that there is almost Planned Parenthood in every area in America.

If a woman doesn't have children in American it is usually considered a blessing and admired.

I have heard immigrants spoke about their customs and traditions of why children are important in their culture but didn't realize the MAGNITUDE of the ridicules women faced not having children which is sad.

The man who left her didn't love her. That's not love.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
I am hearing a lot of bla bla bla on this thread. Pple here seem to be talking about westernism, marriager being more than kids, family support, bla forkin bla. Abeg make person hear word jor! What the hell happened to her womb? Nobody seems to be address that particular issue which seems to be the main source of the whole tragedy. Did the womb disappear into thin air? Was she born without one? What manner of disease was alleged to have destroyed the womb?

Let these questions be answered before most females here start to shift blames. What the hell did she do with her womb? If she by any chance committed an abortion that went south, then may she roast in hell cos she's getting her reward for murder: so says karma and not me.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Elpieda: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2011
pDude:

I am hearing a lot of bla bla bla on this thread. Pple here seem to be talking about westernism, marriager being more than kids, family support, bla forkin bla. Abeg make person hear word jor! What the hell happened to her womb? Nobody seems to be address that particular issue which seems to be the main source of the whole tragedy. Did the womb disappear into thin air? Was she born without one? What manner of disease was alleged to have destroyed the womb?

Let these questions be answered before most females here start to shift blames. What the hell did she do with her womb? If she by any chance committed an abortion that went south, then may she roast in hell cos she's getting her reward for murder: so says karma and not me.

Ohh freaking shut the hell up, SO you think every woman who gets her womb removed had an abortion, Nigerians and their foolish myopic thinking, Please go and do your research before yarning dust.

She had an Ovarian cyst and it usually affects all women of all ages, Go read about the causes and symptoms yourself,
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 20, 2011
Elpieda:

Ohh freaking shut the hell up, SO you think every woman who gets her womb removed had an abortion, Nigerians and their foolish myopic thinking, Please go and do your research before yarning dust.

She had an Ovarian cyst and it usually affects all women of all ages, Go read about the causes and symptoms yourself,

Oh freaking shut up yourself. Can't you read plain english? I said, "if by any chance". Keep ur insults to yourself pls. I never saw anywhere in the article that talked about an ovarian cyst. You seem to know a lot about her. Is she a relative of yours? And just so you know, I know a great deal about of ovarian cysts than you do so just chill out. Ok.

Please I need a confirmed and objective link that talks about her having an overian cyst procedure. Thanks.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Elpieda: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2011
^^^^^Go scout for your "confirmed and objective" and yes I knew her very well
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2011
Elpieda:

^^^^^Go scout for your "confirmed and objective" and yes I knew her very well

Never let sentiments becloud your sense of judgement. She committed suicide and that's that. God isn't gonna ask her if her ex was responsible for her depression or if the Nigerian society did it to her or if the ovarian cyst is to blame. Life is a peachy but we have to make do and make the best with what we have.
I believe in God.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2011
As my ohafia pple would say, doo gbu onwe yan. She doo gbu onwe yan -ed herself. Another victim of love gone sour. Abeg, ladies, killing yourself over anything. You life is ur most valued possession.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Talkyaown: 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
RIP, pretty queen. On serious notes, any hope for her in heaven?
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by damipaul(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2011
I think this babe had no real friends and she obviously didn't have the very best of all friends, JESUS. it's very sad
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by tunnytox(m): 8:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
RIP too bad such a beautiful life wasted!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by omopatos: 8:26pm On Jul 20, 2011
I am deeply touched by the story of this lady. You can only imagine the pain she had been through. This lady had a benefit of good education and she was not in lack of good job. She however had issue with her womb. She must have laboured under the thought of being a childless woman and the attendant social stigma. Honestly, we have a terrible culture around here which makes it look like there is no life without a child. This is not true. Civilization has not changed some people’s view of life- not even the supposedly sophisticated among them. Her situation was not helped by her fiancée who was probably her only motivation for living. She got abandoned when she needed him the most.
It is easy to hurl blame at this man for the lady’s unsavoury fate but truth is, how many of us men can stay having been in the know of the state of her womb before marriage? Few, for sure. But this is not supposed to be so. This life is not a flower in the garden. We all have issues and no one is immune against life’s vicissitudes. I guess the impact of the news shattered whatever remained of her courage to live. I know of people who are living with more terrible issues but for this sister, it was just too much for her depressed mind and she had to call it quit. I do not support suicide but we should be careful to blame her.
Please do not under-estimate the power of depression. To say it is devastating is to make an oversimplification of a serious issue. I have suffered depression big time. In fact,I doubt seriously if I have recovered fully from it. So I am eminently qualified to talk about it. In depression, it is you against the whole world. Living makes no sense to you. Your university Degrees or good job makes no sense either. You just want to get out of this system of things.
The question is: where is the place of love in all of this?
To our sisters in here, next time a man says he loves you, it will not be too much of a request to ask him to define it. Love is not a walk in the park. Think with your head because in a matter of the heart, logic is always in short supply. A man will say he loves you, yet he wants to force his way into your virginals. Please ask him to define that kind of love. When you are pregnant, he asks you to abort it before taking you to the altar. Again ask him to define that kind of love. If you abort and are unfortunate to have complications during evacuation which results, probably, in a similar case of the lady in question, he abandons you in the most unfriendly way. I like to say here that complications from abortion is just one of several reasons that could necessitate removal of womb. I am not in any way insinuating this was what happened to this sister since I am not privy to what transpired in the relationship, but my point is that ladies should be on guard because the are always at the receiving end.
And to my male folk, the fact that you leave a lady for another is not a guarantee that the new one does not or will not have issues. In fact, it could be worse. People get married and later in life suffer one disease or the other. It could be cancer or impotence. But nobody will come out to announce what he or she is going through because life must go on. And that is the time this real love we pretend to understand will be on call. I wish this lady had found that kind of love. Good bye, Motunrayo
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by slymm(f): 9:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
As a poster said, depression is something that should not be taken lightly, unfortunately, it is a disease that is pushed aside here in Nigeria. Society here looks down on any woman who can not have kids, seems she was from a rich home, she could have opted for 'gestational surrogacy', that way she could still have had her own biological child. This just goes to show how void and empty the word 'love' is. Just when she needed a guy who told her he loved her, he walked out. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by coogar: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2011
omopatos:

I am deeply touched by the story of this lady. You can only imagine the pain she had been through. This lady had a benefit of good education and she was not in lack of good job. She however had issue with her womb. She must have laboured under the thought of being a childless woman and the attendant social stigma. Honestly, we have a terrible culture around here which makes it look like there is no life without a child. This is not true. Civilization has not changed some people’s view of life- not even the supposedly sophisticated among them. Her situation was not helped by her fiancée who was probably her only motivation for living. She got abandoned when she needed him the most.
It is easy to hurl blame at this man for the lady’s unsavoury fate but truth is, how many of us men can stay having been in the know of the state of her womb before marriage? Few, for sure. But this is not supposed to be so. This life is not a flower in the garden. We all have issues and no one is immune against life’s vicissitudes. I guess the impact of the news shattered whatever remained of her courage to live. I know of people who are living with more terrible issues but for this sister, it was just too much for her depressed mind and she had to call it quit. I do not support suicide but we should be careful to blame her.
Please do not under-estimate the power of depression. To say it is devastating is to make an oversimplification of a serious issue. I have suffered depression big time. In fact,I doubt seriously if I have recovered fully from it. So I am eminently qualified to talk about it. In depression, it is you against the whole world. Living makes no sense to you. Your university Degrees or good job makes no sense either. You just want to get out of this system of things.
The question is: where is the place of love in all of this?
To our sisters in here, next time a man says he loves you, it will not be too much of a request to ask him to define it. Love is not a walk in the park. Think with your head because in a matter of the heart, logic is always in short supply. A man will say he loves you, yet he wants to force his way into your virginals. Please ask him to define that kind of love. When you are pregnant, he asks you to abort it before taking you to the altar. Again ask him to define that kind of love. If you abort and are unfortunate to have complications during evacuation which results, probably, in a similar case of the lady in question, he abandons you in the most unfriendly way. I like to say here that complications from abortion is just one of several reasons that could necessitate removal of womb. I am not in any way insinuating this was what happened to this sister since I am not privy to what transpired in the relationship, but my point is that ladies should be on guard because the are always at the receiving end.
And to my male folk, the fact that you leave a lady for another is not a guarantee that the new one does not or will not have issues. In fact, it could be worse. People get married and later in life suffer one disease or the other. It could be cancer or impotence. But nobody will come out to announce what he or she is going through because life must go on. And that is the time this real love we pretend to understand will be on call. I wish this lady had found that kind of love. Good bye, Motunrayo

may her soul rest in peace but she could have handled this better.

all she could have done was to discuss the problem with her spouse and then adopt a child. she travels a lot so the hostile nigerian society wouldn't have known how the baby came about. people adopt children everywhere and the issue of "i have no womb to bear a child" would have been solved. killing herself was a bit selfish and cruel to her friends and family.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Rocktation(f): 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2011
Simply Un-Nigerian.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by ShyOne(f): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2011
Elpieda:

Ooooo my goodness - Ovarian Cyst - I know what that means - soo painful - I had them. I didn't know where they came from and neither did my Doctor. But very painful - sometimes they go away by themselves - sometimes surgery is required.

http://www.trying-to-conceive.com/pcos/ovarian-cysts-and-pregnancy/
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by toyemz(f): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2011
@PDude

As an outsider( you being a man) there are some aspects about the woman you may never know of
you were rather rash with your comment,in fact you were too judgemental
I know you said 'if',but even if that 'if ' stood to reason
you would not have been that harsh
After all he who is free of sin ,let him cast the first stone

Take one moment to feel remorse over your words, pause and reflect at the sadness of such a waste
think for one moment if that was your sister
and just when reality hits you
ask God for forgiveness for both you
say a little prayer for her too

May God be with us oh!!
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by claremont(m): 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
pDude:

Good point! Some Nigerian ladies indulge in all sorts when they are young, and they forget that there will be consequences and repercussions later in Life. No one is insinuating that it is what happened in this case, but it is still a sound point nevertheless. May her soul R.I.P.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Ivynwa(f): 12:53am On Jul 21, 2011
pDude:

Oh freaking shut up yourself. Can't you read plain english? I said, "if by any chance". Keep your insults to yourself pls. I never saw anywhere in the article that talked about an ovarian cyst. You seem to know a lot about her. Is she a relative of yours? And just so you know, I know a great deal about of ovarian cysts than you do so just chill out. Ok.

Please I need a confirmed and objective link that talks about her having an overian cyst procedure. Thanks.

pDude:

As my ohafia pple would say, doo gbu onwe yan. She doo gbu onwe yan -ed herself. Another victim of love gone sour. Abeg, ladies, killing yourself over anything. You life is your most valued possession.

Mr. God's attorney why don't you write up her sins in a tablet and prepare her case, you can even sentence her to the place your heart deems fit whether na heaven or na hell. Why are people all so judgemental? Thank God humans are not god sha or all of us will be queuing up buying air to breathe in. You have been told that she had a medical case and you are still getting on "abortion this, abortion that". Unfeeling people! anyway why should you feel for her after all you just happily married your new wife and life is going nice and sweet and lovey dovey for you yet you can still find it in you to talk down on a poor lady that died from unhappiness.

claremont:

Good point! Some Nigerian ladies indulge in all sorts when they are young, and they forget that there will be consequences and repercussions later in Life. No one is insinuating that it is what happened in this case, but it is still a sound point nevertheless. May her soul R.I.P.

The Nigerian ladies that indulge in stuffs do so with Nigerian men too. I mean if their is no customer for the p-rostitute, the p-rostitute will close shop. Those ladies that are aborting all over the place are not impregnating themselves. I agree that a lady should be virtuous and keep herself but don't act like men are not partakers when the ladies commit those unpleasant stuffs dey commit okay Baby.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by MrsChima(f): 2:31am On Jul 21, 2011
Some of the MEN's conversations ARE THE reason the girl committed suicide. She prolly gotten all types of bullshit from DUMB ARSE people and said Bleep IT.

Women, who are not able to bear children for ANY MEDICAL reasons COME FROM EVERY WALK OF LIFE AND REGION. What the Bleep being Nigerian or non- Nigerian has to do with GOD'S PLAN? If you are not destined to have children REGARDLESS if you are blue, black, and green YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY FUCKING CHILDREN.

For those who CAN HAVE CHILDREN and HAVE CHILDREN you better thank GOD that you are blessed to have children or else YOU WOULD have hung your arse by the neck.

Stop forcing your CHILDREN, FRIENDS, and FAMILY members to have children because YOU THINK THEY SHOULD. If you are not willing to take care of THEIR CHILDREN AND YOURS then SHUT THE Bleep UP.

Okay, I said my piece.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Ivynwa(f): 2:53am On Jul 21, 2011
My "fast-mouthed friend/enemy talks nice and sweet these days. Ivynwa claps for Mrs Chima
I mean you were able to see clearly into the heads of some of these our Naija men from where you are standing. I mean the ones with no atom of love in their heart but "conditions" and more "conditions" for the ladies. Isn't that what is termed "conditional love"?

Mrs how is our Naija/American baby doing or is it still in the oven? Hope you are good?
I will do the tongue thing before you even think of it, here tongue tongue tongue tongue kiss
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 21, 2011
@ivynwa- some months back, I encountered an experience that made me think about suicide but being who I am, I have never backed down from any fight, God being on my side. The way out for the coward has never being an option. So Mrs. Dead motunrayo's advocate, you can cry, moan, groan and all but the selfish little spoiled brat took the laws into her hands, ovarian cyst or none. Society or not, she screwed herself for eternity. The society has been there before we were born and it will be there long after we are gone so blame society all you want, but all the society is going to do is give you a big toothy grin because there isn't squat you can do to change it.

Just for the record, I had a serious case of enlarged dermoid cyst right from being a toddler. But today God healed me. I guess your client didn't factor God into her plans. Too bad. grin because there isn't squat you can do to change it.

Just for the record, I had a serious case of enlarged dermoid cyst right from being a toddler. But today God healed me. I guess your client didn't factor God into her plans. Too bad.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Ivynwa(f): 3:08am On Jul 21, 2011
I heard you sweetheart, hurry up and go give our wifey some sweet loving. We ain't in a court of law deciding where our friend will spend her eternity. Let's leave that to God if there is really anything like heaven or hell.

I know that some judgemental and quick to castigate ones among us will be surprised after life when we all get to know the real truth behind all these religious talk we are all getting. My own is just to do good and believe in God because to me I believe he exists but as per all these two H(heaven and hell) talks people are quick to categorize others into, I have outgrown that. Yes, I don't believe in that. I don't care who hears that.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Konjour(m): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2011
Anybody that commits suicide can never have any justifiable reason for doing so, Shame,ego,pride,depressions,and disappointments being the

major proponents of suicide are experienced by any living soul in varying magnitudes whilst they're alive. According to the story i saw,the lady had

even attempted committing suicide last year,so its been coming for long. Smacks of mental frailty,if you ask me. Anyways,wish her soul the redemption

she requires.
Re: Motunrayo Ogbara- Ex Access Bank Staff Commits Suicide by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 21, 2011
Konjour:

Anybody that commits suicide can never have any justifiable reason for doing so, Shame,ego,pride,depressions,and disappointments being the

major proponents of suicide are experienced by any living soul in varying magnitudes whilst they're alive. According to the story i saw,the lady had

even attempted committing suicide last year,so its been coming for long. Smacks of mental frailty,if you ask me. Anyways,wish her soul the redemption

she requires.

GBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Were you ever asked out by a Gay or lesbian, How Did You Handle It ? / This Beautiful Lady Was Denied Job Because Of Her B**bs Are ‘too Big’ (photos) / Sex With A Very Old Woman Of About 120 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.