Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? (69975 Views)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Did Amaechi Give The APC National Chairman Ghana Must Go Bags? / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by skentelelady(f): 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
IPIGMODS:
I said it a while back that Osinbajo will come 3 or 4th but not second. Prince of Abakaliki was arguing with me. It's common sense, you don't need to be a political genius or insider.
Northerners and even others hate betrayal. Osibanjo lost the little credibility he had left.
Osinbajo actually made the job easier for Tinubu by running against him. Tinubu garnered a lot of sympathy and admiration just because of the betrayal.

Nothing like betrayal. Why didnt north vote their son, Lawan instead of Tinubu? Tinubu has the dollars
to buy aspirants and delegates simple

Amaechi has the structure better than Pyo based on experience in politics. Simple

Pyo didnt betray anyone. Its unfortunate delegates decided not citizens

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by paramakina202: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?

Very true Tinubu eat up his votes.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Goodness10(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
Life nor balance
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by flamingREED(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.

Obi is always dusting Tinubu in this like and share thing. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by RoyalDiadems: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
davodyguy:

In general election in which you and I can vote and INEC is the judge in a free election, Osinbajo would floor Tinubu and Amaechi plus Wike and Saraki join

Sure
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
Highest bidders! The more dollars you give in your consultation period, the more assurance and delegates you will get..
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Cromagnon: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

What is different in sane climes?

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Krismas(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

grin Tinubu * Amaechi DUMDEST combo ever.
The two real contestants for the presidential flag-bearer were Tinubu and Amaeci. Cos they started preparing 8yrs ago. PYO never nursed presidential ambition until recently and Lawan too, only wanted to be a senate president. PYO is a text-book politician am surprised he even got up to 200 votes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by fredoooooo: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I wonder if this in anyway implies that Amaechi has more reach and influence than VP Yemi Osinbajo. And in an alternate universe where Tinubu wasn't lead he stood a better chance at the presidency than the VP.
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
The VP that couldn't won his polling unit?
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Cromagnon: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Day169:
Well, politics is a game of numbers and in this game (at this stage) the numbers are made to delegates who are swayed not by eloquence, rhetoric nor poise but by the whiff of money.
If you put those bits together, your guess is as good as mine.
Which do you prefer
Poise or paper
Eloquence or currency
Rhetoric or revenue

Shows he did not understand the assignment

Is it wise to vote for such a person?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Gozac: 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
gbam!!!! We sometimes forget that Amaechi was a 2 term House of Assembly member & Speaker, 2 term Governor and now 2 term minister.
Meanwhile Yemi is a 2 term VP with no real reaching influence. Someone Tinubu picked.
Amaechi have the competence and capacity to fly APC flag though things didn't work out as planned. Had it been the president threw his weight behind as earlier envisaged he would have given Tinubu a run for his money
Na man Amaechi be and he continues to be leader
Tinubu needs to carry this workaholic of
a man along

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by blkmum700: 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
I will defeat Atiku by 2 p.m. He could only gather 47 votes.That man is a comedian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Bluntemperor: 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
derecho:
By getting turbaned in Daura

Don't mind the above rhetorics!
Ameachi that have so much to explain to Nigerians- how much of Railway Contracts that was awarded?
How much and to whom were they contracted?
Was the Railway Contracts writen iinn Chinese Mandarin?
Is it true that Amaechi Transport dept extended the Nigerian Railway to Niger Republic,so by how much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by blowjohn(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I wonder if this in anyway implies that Amaechi has more reach and influence than VP Yemi Osinbajo. And in an alternate universe where Tinubu wasn't lead he stood a better chance at the presidency than the VP.
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Ofcos!
Amaechi has more reach.
Don't forget amaechi was perhaps the best performing minister in Buhari's cabinet.
The railway project made him reach out to all corners of tje County

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by dapadawee: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun
His people and east voted for ameachi while osinbajo people voted for tinubu

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by BJanta: 9:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Traitor no dey soar, na sink then they sick. Make im just go back to his ice-cream and popcorn business jeje.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Theoarhics: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
Why and who is that white man that sat at the back of the president and his wife?
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Munzy14(m): 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
Na loans collected from China...By APC government..grin
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Gozac: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
XerXers:

Una no de shame? Things are getting worse in the country na political supremacy una de find. Did everything spoken against Buhari not turn out to be true?
Nobody is interested in Nigeria getting better. Every body is out to make a fortune or a living in Nigeria. Know this and know peace
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by derecho(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2022
You dey mind dem..Trying everything to humiliate Osinbajo,who was man enough to contest with their jagaban.
That The guy openly denounced slavery to Tinubu is a bitter pill to swallow
Bluntemperor:

Don't mind the above rhetorics!
Ameachi that have so much to explain to Nigerians- how much of Railway Contracts that was awarded?
How much and to whom were they contracted?
Was the Railway Contracts writen iinn Chinese Mandarin?
Is it true that Amaechi Transport dept extended the Nigerian Railway to Niger Republic,so by how much?
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IPIGMODS: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2022
skentelelady:

Nothing like betrayal. Why didnt north vote their son, Lawan instead of Tinubu? Tinubu has the dollars
to buy aspirants and delegates simple

Amaechi has the structure better than Pyo based on experience in politics. Simple

Pyo didnt betray anyone. Its unfortunate delegates decided not citizens
You entitled to your own opinion. Console yourself anyway you want.
We have moved on to bigger fish - the Presidency of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by kayjay69(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2022
Please don't say this.
The entire Southwest will not vote for Tinubu but we know Tinubu is good at one thing which is horse trading. He will ensure he gets powerbrokers in different states across the SW to rally votes and if possible rig the elections.

Akpacha:
Tinubu already got the entire southwest covered. So it is not a surprising thing. They can bribe delegates, they can't bribe the entire Nigerians. We are voting for Obi.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by YeyeGbami: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Indeed yes and i will gladly vote for him at the general elections. If tinubu picks him as running mate, probably that might unite the south.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Gainman: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
The simple thing is that if Tinubu was not in d race,Rotimi Amaechi can't have more vote than Osibanjo. Two Yoruba man in d race in which one is strong opposition affected Osibanjo vote.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by stancydg: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
Day169:
Well, politics is a game of numbers and in this game (at this stage) the numbers are made to delegates who are swayed not by eloquence, rhetoric nor poise but by the whiff of money.
If you put those bits together, your guess is as good as mine.

Apt. Gotta share these lines.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by pharmaking: 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
Jagaban. Heavyweight

Atiku. Middleweight

Kwankwaso. Lightweight

Peter Obi. No weight

Hear me children of hate, APC will coast to victory come next year.

PDP and NNPP will share northern votes

PDP will beat LP in south yeast blue, black and yellow.

Ask your Yoruba friends the meaning of Ashiwaju.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Gozac: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2022
IPIGMODS:
I said it a while back that Osinbajo will come 3 or 4th but not second. Prince of Abakaliki was arguing with me. It's common sense, you don't need to be a political genius or insider.
Northerners and even others hate betrayal. Osibanjo lost the little credibility he had left.
Osinbajo actually made the job easier for Tinubu by running against him. Tinubu garnered a lot of sympathy and admiration just because of the betrayal.
Another factor that helped Tinubu was PMB'S neutrality on who succeeds him.
Had it been he threw his weight behind one candidate as OBJ and Tinubu used to do,the story would have been another thing by now
PMB remains a hero in this primary that is why Remi Tinubu knelt down to thank him. She couldn't believe her eyes
Most of us believed that PMB will have vested interests in the primaries and we did on our analysis based on that
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by YeyeGbami: 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
kayjay69:
Please don't say this.
The entire Southwest will not vote for Tinubu but we know Tinubu is good at one thing which is horse trading. He will ensure he gets powerbrokers in different states across the SW to rally votes and if possible rig the elections.

You think others too won't rig it, the whole south needs to work together as a team. A divided south would be so easy to overrun.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Allisgud: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Then u should ask how come tinubu got more vote than the two presently serving politicians
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2022
politically Osibanjo is Tinubu, for Osibanjo to cease to be Tinubu then you see the result

Tinubu is Osibanjo political structure, if Tinubu had not run for president and support Osibanjo, there is no how Ameachi would have defeat him

Osibanjo doesn't have political structure and if he had win with Tinubu not backing him, Atiku will would have humiliate him politically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aminu Adamu Shalele Arrested For Posting About Aisha Buhari (Pictures) / Governor Ayade Cries In His Office Over The Condition Of Refugees. Photos / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.