Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? (69939 Views)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Did Amaechi Give The APC National Chairman Ghana Must Go Bags? / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by UNUKHASO: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
NOBODY WANT TO CONTINUE FROM WHERE THEY STOP OTHERWISE YOU WILL CRY BEFORE YOU GET MONEY TO BUY POPCORN NOT EVEN ICECREAM
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by nokingasgod: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2022
It shouldn't have been the other way around, among the three, PYO is the least qualified. We are not talking about PYO's academic background or law prowess here but serious politicking in a process to choose a presidential candidate. It's an area where many have been investing, scheming, working ...towards for many years before now. Politics they say, is a game of numbers and for one who didn't even have a political machinery, joining the fray at the eleventh hour and hoping to win will be a serious miracle. PYO was egged on mostly by the less discerning and people filled with unwarranted hatred for the other candidate. How grounded is he in the party politics. He was never an insider. That he got the VP position was enough of miracle, if he's so much interested in the game, he should have invested more time to study and know the game very well. He should have resigned at least 2 years earlier and begin the serious hobnobbing rather than relying on the endorsement of the President. That he even got that much vote is surprising, in terms of weighting he is in the league of jokers like Tunde Bakare, Rochas Okorocha and some other minor pretenders.

And again, how do we expect the core party big wigs to support a "strange bedfellow" who was touted as a saint and the most upright.

If PYO is serious about politics, now he has the opportunity to build on whatever goodwill he's earned but he will need to dump the party and setup a new one with like minds and nurture the party to the point of massive acceptance across the land before 2027. He can do this after all he could afford a whooping #100M ticket. How he even hope to make any difference on the present platform beats my imagination. A tree does not make a forest, his presidency would still have been same of same!
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by SupremeSpecimen: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
IamNat:

grin grin grin
Instead of you to address things getting worse in the first place, no be hate speech una dey carry up and down? Beating your chest as if you are among the delegates that will vote.

Everything Hate
Everybody igbo
Including Obasanjo
Your sin is having a difference of opinion

One can't reason with brain washed individuals
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
Lashist:

Whats your alignment and what ship are you on personally??...how old are you BTW??

Why not go straight to your point and pour out your mind like you wanted to.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Rapht933: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
some politician trying destroying the ladder that took them to the top and they we be claiming it was God that put me there but they forgot that God doesn't come down to help, he do send someone..

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2022
smatt1711:
Let me say this and it will be the only thing that will come to pass, If Tinubu win president Nigerian won't have up to 6 hours electricity a day for the next 8 years

grin grin grin grin
I'll add it to list.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IPIGMODS: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
Gozac:

Another factor that helped Tinubu was PMB'S neutrality on who succeeds him.
Had it been he threw his weight behind one candidate as OBJ and Tinubu used to do,the story would have been another thing by now
PMB remains a hero in this primary that is why Remi Tinubu knelt down to thank him. She couldn't believe her eyes
Most of us believed that PMB will have vested interests in the primaries and we did on our analysis based on that
Buhari openly supporting a candidate would have had an impact but I'm not sure that it would have prevented Tinubu from winning with a smaller margin if he wasn't the annointed candidate.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Rawgold29(m): 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?
God bless you jare . Tinubu took yemi's vote cuz of those idiot that steped down..
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by erubati: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

So,north wey step down no get sense ba?
Amaechi wey no step down,still dey proud dey fight battle wey he no fit win,na I'm we go just handover vp give abi?
Guy,ko le werk
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by babadee1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

Nigeria's elections are all cash and carry especially the primaries.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by erubati: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.
Elections ain't won on nairaland.
Likes or quotes no go add one Kobo give u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by madskills(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
Walkee:
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?
i like great thinkers like you bro

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Coalhill23(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
IamNat:
Although I never saw this coming or maybe I did but I just sentimentally wanted Osinbanjo to be in the second position. But the truth is Amaechi as a wider political network than Osinbanjo. PYO was never at any point a politician.

ANYWAYS
1. They said APC will never be able to hold it's congress, the congress held.
2. They said if it was held, it will end badly, everything went smoothly.
3. They said if the congress goes smoothly, there would be a lot of major defections, again, there was no major defection.
4. They said Peter Obi will be PDP's candidate, again, it didn't happen.
5. They said Wike will win the PDP ticket, unfortunately for them he didn't get it.
6. They said Amaechi is the anointed candidate, it failed.
7. They said GEJ is the consensus candidate, he wasn't.
8. They said Buhari will serve Tinubu breakfast, Buhari didn't even offer it.
9. They said Tinubu can never win the APC primary election, they abused us, called us names and make jest of us. Last last, Tinubu emerged
10. Now they have started saying Tinubu can't win against Atiku and I just wonder if this people do not get tired, how is it easy for them to make assertions based on their emotions over and over again despite the obvious floors that comes with their submissions.

This was how they spoke against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 and they remember they don't have the number to become president in 2023 and wanted the same people they have continuously abused to support them. Someone should warn them to make necessary alignment now oooo before they miss the sailing of the ship again.

All these your silly analysis about these, do not make sense and i know you are a fan of your Jagaban. I hope when your Jagaban wins, there will be 24/7 electricity in your village and good roads just like he did in Lagos. **Spits** common sense is not common

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Basic123: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:
Amechi and Wike impressed me this election season. The put Rivers and Ikwerres on the map!
And made Igbo people irrelevant with their politics of hatred,bullying, aggression, delusions,unrealistic claims etc!

PYO is like saraki,soo OVERATED!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by phemmyfour: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

In 2015, he surrendered the resources of river state to promote APC as opposition party.

In the scheme of things, people don't forget your sacrifices for the party like that.

Osinbajo on the other hand was just called to come n eat, he knew nothing about the food preparation

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Enecleb20(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
You're right but if Tinubu was not in the race, Yemi would've won. The reason is that Buhari would've endorsed (annointed) Yemi straight away. It was Tinubu's influence that prevented Buhari from endorsing the prof.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by kaey10(m): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2022
Walkee:
True
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2022
SupremeSpecimen:

Everything Hate
Everybody igbo
Including Obasanjo
Your sin is having a difference of opinion

One can't reason with brain washed individuals

grin grin grin grin
Calm down sir, all you have to realize is that you shouldn't do to people what you can't take from them because nobody has a monopoly of anything.

That's just it.

If you have a different opinion, no one is saying you shouldn't hear it, but do it with the mindset that others have an opinion too which can be different from yours, do it with the mindset that you aren't saying it so that they can accept your opinion as the only correct/right opinion, do it without forcing your opinion on them.

If you do any of the above, they will do it back to you and since you also do it to them, you won't be able to complain.

Finally, brainwashed individuals you said right? I'm so sorry but your situation can't be helped.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by tenpipsperday: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
He outspent him in buying the conscience of the thievs that voted.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Afamed: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
AntiMahdi:

Tinubu paid $25,000 to all delegates present .

He is estimated to have spent at least $50million to secure the ticket.

That shows he meant business and not in anyway a sign of his popularity within the party .
Give us another Ochanja super story
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2022
Coalhill23:

All these your silly analysis about these, do not make sense and i know you are a fan of your Jagaban. I hope when your Jagaban wins, there will be 24/7 electricity in your village and good roads just like he did in Lagos. **Spits** common sense is not common

grin grin grin
You people can't change, you are too ego conscious sotay you aren't common sense conscious again.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by AnanseK(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:

E shock me die...

AMAECHI!

Tinubu/Amaechi - ignore the North at your peril
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by chiedozie198100: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
keep on praising him.

when it is obvious that his political career is over.

let him come and make noise again in rivers apc.

tinubu will effectively bury his own faction of apc n install magnus abe faction.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by stancydg: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
nokingasgod:
It shouldn't have been the other way around, among the three, PYO is the least qualified. We are not talking about PYO's academic background or law prowess here but serious politicking in a process to choose a presidential candidate. It's an area where many have been investing, scheming, working ...towards for many years before now. Politics they say, is a game of numbers and for one who didn't even have a political machinery, joining the fray at the eleventh hour and hoping to win will be a serious miracle. PYO was egged on mostly by the less discerning and people filled with unwarranted hatred for the other candidate. How grounded is he in the party politics. He was never an insider. That he got the VP position was enough of miracle, if he's so much interested in the game, he should have invested more time to study and know the game very well. He should have resigned at least 2 years earlier and begin the serious hobnobbing rather than relying on the endorsement of the President. That he even got that much vote is surprising, in terms of weighting he is in the league of jokers like Tunde Bakare, Rochas Okorocha and some other minor pretenders.

And again, how do we expect the core party big wigs to support a "strange bedfellow" who was touted as a saint and the most upright.

If PYO is serious about politics, now he has the opportunity to build on whatever goodwill he's earned but he will need to dump the party and setup a new one with like minds and nurture the party to the point of massive acceptance across the land before 2027. He can do this after all he could afford a whooping #100M ticket. How he even hope to make any difference on the present platform beats my imagination. A tree does not make a forest, his presidency would still have been same of same!

Spot on.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Indispensable85(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2022
The VP is a neophyte na. This is what we've been saying that the kids here don't know. Apart from being nominated by Tinubu as commissioner and VP,what political pedigree does he have? Mtcheeew.....they pushed him to his disgrace. At some point in the campaign he was even throwing jabs at his benefactor. He don taste power and he doesn't want to let go. He should lick his wounds joor......

3 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by tonididdy(m): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
Because it seems the SW didn't vote him because their master said he's a Judas!

I feel sorry for the lad, he's like an outcast now.

I don't want to believe the rumours that tinibu recommended him as VP to Buhari. I think that's a big lie. APC needed a Christian as VP, the options weren't much. They initially contacted Bakare and he declined and then yemi accepted.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by stacyadams: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
Gozac:

Another factor that helped Tinubu was PMB'S neutrality on who succeeds him.
Had it been he threw his weight behind one candidate as OBJ and Tinubu used to do,the story would have been another thing by now
PMB remains a hero in this primary that is why Remi Tinubu knelt down to thank him. She couldn't believe her eyes
Most of us believed that PMB will have vested interests in the primaries and we did on our analysis based on that

Pmb just carry pyo on top ship go Mediterranean sea drop am inside water with life jacket,amongst sharks.turn ship back and went home....only pyo know wetin d go through him mind currently grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Minjim: 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
I'm actually not shocked. The personal of the Vp can only appeal to Nigerians not party delegates that's been awaiting the day they'll make their harvest. Delegates don't want to hear words of wisdom or be told to save Nigeria. The only thing they know on the day of the primary is " who is the highest bidder?" And no one can out bid Tinubu.
While aspirant were buying delegates, Tinubu was buying aspirants. Osinbajo doesn't have that money.
I'm sure Lagos state funded Tinubu's campaign expenses . Efcc should look it up.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by pointblank247(m): 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
In sane clines, Osinbajo and Peter Obi would have carried the day.
Here its for highest bidders pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Dagenius53: 11:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
IPIGMODS:
I said it a while back that Osinbajo will come 3 or 4th but not second. Prince of Abakaliki was arguing with me. It's common sense, you don't need to be a political genius or insider.
Northerners and even others hate betrayal. Osibanjo lost the little credibility he had left.
Osinbajo actually made the job easier for Tinubu by running against him. Tinubu garnered a lot of sympathy and admiration just because of the betrayal.
I'm a victim of this.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by nijanigga: 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2022
Nonsense analysis, how much did each one of the bribed the delegates? If it's direct primaries I can listen to you .And if BAT becomes your President don't cone here and wail. Meanwhile I'm not ipob neither do I live in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N700,000: Nigerian Senators Monthly Salary Revealed / Meet The 4 New Female Deputy Governors-Elect In Nigeria / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.