Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? (69920 Views)

Did Amaechi Visit APC Chairman, Adamu, With Bags Of Cash? - Fact Check (Photo) / Did Amaechi Give The APC National Chairman Ghana Must Go Bags? / Is The Presidents Daughter's office Higher Than VP? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Aidejay(m): 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2022
I saw this comment on the thread announcing results and it truly represented what I was thinking.

How Did Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi Get More delegate Votes Than Prof Yemi Osinbajo?

1. Bola Ahmed Tinubu Scored 1271 Votes
2. Rotimi Amaechi. Scored 316 Votes
3. Yemi Osinbajo. Scored 235 Votes

E shock me die...

I think we've been led to overestimate the true reach and impact of Osinbajo. No wonder prior to the convention there was this clamour for Buhari to endorse a candidate to fly the APC flag, and Osinbajo was loudly touted to be the president's favourite.

Like many I was led to believe Osinbajo might walk away as APC's candidate I already wrote off any possibility of Amaechi clinching the ticket.

But you can imagine my shock when I saw Tinubu ahed with over 400 votes and guess who came in second, not Yemi or Lawan

AMAECHI!

we have underestimated this man until now.

I want to see a Tinubu/Amaechi combo in 2023.

So for those whose preference was Osinbajo how does it feel knowing he isn't even the 'SECOND CHOICE'.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Aidejay(m): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2022
I wonder if this in anyway implies that Amaechi has more reach and influence than VP Yemi Osinbajo. And in an alternate universe where Tinubu wasn't lead he stood a better chance at the presidency than the VP.
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

45 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Sylraph1: 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2022
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.

580 Likes 142 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Day169: 4:35pm On Jun 08, 2022
Well, politics is a game of numbers and in this game (at this stage) the numbers are made of delegates who are swayed not by eloquence, rhetoric nor poise but by the whiff of money.
If you put those bits together, your guess is as good as mine.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by derecho(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2022
By getting turbaned in Daura

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by deeva2: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
E shock you abi..Thats to tell you that Prof was never a grassroot politician but an office holder..

256 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Aidejay(m): 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
Day169:
Well, politics is a game of numbers and in this game (at this stage) the numbers are made to delegates who are swayed not by eloquence, rhetoric nor poise but by the whiff of money.
If you put those bits together, your guess is as good as mine.
So Amaechi has more smelly money than Yemi

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Aidejay(m): 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2022
deeva2:
E shock you abi..Thats to tell you that Prof was never a grassroot politician but an office holder..
gbam!!!! We sometimes forget that Amaechi was a 2 term House of Assembly member & Speaker, 2 term Governor and now 2 term minister.
Meanwhile Yemi is a 2 term VP with no real reaching influence. Someone Tinubu picked.

266 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Oladelepsy001(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
To be sincere with ourselves, Ameachi has more political network and well grounded compared to Osinbajo..Osinbajo is just a political opportunist who was pushed to do what politicians knows how to do best.. Ameachi was once speaker in Rivers state house of assembly and former Governor of his States, these are elective positions he had occupied, but Osinbajo never head any elective position, just always being picked.. Ameachi knows the act of canvassing while Osinbajo is good in being an anointed candidate of people who have worked tirelessly.. THE ANNOINTING OIL NO REACH PRESIDENTIAL POST

237 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Walkee: 6:07pm On Jun 08, 2022
Sylraph1:
Maybe we overestimated the guy...
Amechi showed he was truly a man and never stepped down for anyone.

Anyways, that's Nigeria for you because in sane climes, there is no way a tinubu can defeat an osibanjo or Amechi.

Its now up to Nigerians to make their choice and I pray the best candidate with good intentions for Nigerians win..

MEANWHILE, LIKE FOR OBI, SHARE FOR TINUBU,QUOTE FOR ATIKU.
if Tinubu wasn't in the race his voters would've voted Osinbajo. Why is everything so difficult for you people to grasp?

180 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Day169: 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
So Amaechi has more smelly money than Yemi
Probably so.
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2022
SW delegates didn't vote him. I even doubt Ogun delegates.

History is made already anyway

607 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 6:23pm On Jun 08, 2022
Although I never saw this coming or maybe I did but I just sentimentally wanted Osinbanjo to be in the second position. But the truth is Amaechi as a wider political network than Osinbanjo. PYO was never at any point a politician.

ANYWAYS
1. They said APC will never be able to hold it's congress, the congress held.
2. They said if it was held, it will end badly, everything went smoothly.
3. They said if the congress goes smoothly, there would be a lot of major defections, again, there was no major defection.
4. They said Peter Obi will be PDP's candidate, again, it didn't happen.
5. They said Wike will win the PDP ticket, unfortunately for them he didn't get it.
6. They said Amaechi is the anointed candidate, it failed.
7. They said GEJ is the consensus candidate, he wasn't.
8. They said Buhari will serve Tinubu breakfast, Buhari didn't even offer it.
9. They said Tinubu can never win the APC primary election, they abused us, called us names and make jest of us. Last last, Tinubu emerged
10. Now they have started saying Tinubu can't win against Atiku and I just wonder if this people do not get tired, how is it easy for them to make assertions based on their emotions over and over again despite the obvious floors that comes with their submissions.

This was how they spoke against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 and then they remember they don't have the number to become president in 2023 and wanted the same people they have continuously abused to support them. Someone should warn them to make necessary alignment now oooo before they miss the sailing of the ship again.

160 Likes 16 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Unzerious: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2022
Amaechi controls the Structure of his State, PYO doesn't.

Amaechi is Politically, Financially, Physically and not Mentally or Intellectually grin better than PYO.

And about who is Holier, I think.............I leave that to You grin

8 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by id4sho(m): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2022
Aidejay:
gbam!!!! We sometimes forget that Amaechi was a 2 term House of Rep member & Speaker, 2 term Governor and now 2 term minister.
Meanwhile Yemi is a 2 term VP with no real reaching influence. Someone Tinubu picked.
He was never in Rep's

10 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Chiboy419: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2022
The matter nave clear ��

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by XerXers: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2022
IamNat:
Although I never saw this coming or maybe I did but I just sentimentally wanted Osinbanjo to be in the second position. But the truth is Amaechi as a wider political network than Osinbanjo. PYO was never at any point a politician.

ANYWAYS
1. They said APC will never be able to hold it's congress, the congress held.
2. They said if it was held, it will end badly, everything went smoothly.
3. They said if the congress goes smoothly, there would be a lot of major defections, again, there was no major defection.
4. They said Peter Obi will be PDP's candidate, again, it didn't happen.
5. They said Wike will win the PDP ticket, unfortunately for them he didn't get it.
6. They said Amaechi is the anointed candidate, it failed.
7. They said GEJ is the consensus candidate, he wasn't.
8. They said Buhari will serve Tinubu breakfast, Buhari didn't even offer it.
9. They said Tinubu can never win the APC primary election, they abused us, called us names and make jest of us. Last last, Tinubu emerged
10. Now they have started saying Tinubu can't win against Atiku and I just wonder if this people do not get tired, how is it easy for them to make assertions based on their emotions over and over again despite the obvious floors that comes with their submissions.

This was how they spoke against Buhari in 2015 and 2019 and they remember they don't have the number to become president in 2023 and wanted the same people they have continuously abused to support them. Someone should warn them to make necessary alignment now oooo before they miss the sailing of the ship again.
Una no de shame? Things are getting worse in the country na political supremacy una de find. Did everything spoken against Buhari not turn out to be true?

107 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IamNat: 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
XerXers:

Una no de shame? Things are getting worse in the country na political supremacy una de find

grin grin grin
Instead of you to address things getting worse in the first place, no be hate speech una dey carry up and down? Beating your chest as if you are among the delegates that will vote.

72 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IsellSmartTvs: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2022
The same way SANWOLU did it,when AMBODE wanted to fight against the CABALS.
In Nigerian politics if u do as u are told,u get rewarded.
ITS THAT SIMPLE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IgOga(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
IsellSmartTvs:
The same way SANWOLU did it,when AMBODE wanted to fight against the CABALS.
In Nigerian politics if u do as u are told,u get rewarded.
ITS THAT SIMPLE

Everywhere in the world bro

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
deeva2:

Delegate election is by who is willing to give out more cash.

If the delegate was up to 100,000. That's when you can say this.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Aidejay(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2022
id4sho:

He was never in Rep's
Rivers State House Of Assembly

9 Likes

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by victons(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
Featherweights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Bosenan: 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2022
lol...otondos
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Dozie32(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
Vp na mumu na

1 Like

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Mikelarteta(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
Because he is a grassroots politician and Osinbajo is a professional and a Technocrat who doesn’t understand how politics works else he wo t have co tested against BAT.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by chukwuibuipob: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
sad
Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by MorataFC: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hmmmm, many of the comments above dey amuse me, as if u don't know how politic works in Nigeria?
Politics in Nigeria is an auction market where the highest bidder takes the slot.
Peter Obi saw this in PDP and he had to dump them for LP

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by IPIGMODS: 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2022
I said it a while back that Osinbajo will come 3 or 4th but not second. Prince of Abakaliki was arguing with me. It's common sense, you don't need to be a political genius or insider.
Northerners and even others hate betrayal. Osibanjo lost the little credibility he had left.
Osinbajo actually made the job easier for Tinubu by running against him. Tinubu garnered a lot of sympathy and admiration just because of the betrayal.

253 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by juman(m): 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Tinubu and osinbajo are in the same camp.
They look towards almost the same delegates.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Amaechi Get More Votes Than VP Osinbajo? by Emilokoiyawon: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Amechi and Wike impressed me this election season. The put Rivers and Ikwerres on the map!

279 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller / Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos) / LP Leading In Anambra State House Of Assembly Election (Results) 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.