Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo (35802 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by mema900: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2022
Zenzu01:
This is a great development from Gov Soludo. I think this man will make a fine governor. At least he started his administration on a very good note. Kudos.

I also hope that those bad guys don't later corrupt you like they did with Okorocha.

----- Modified ----

For those quoting me: He sacked 1000 teachers and he gave a good reason for that. Unqualified teachers are most times the reason we have graduates who don't know anything.

I'm not happy that they were sacked but they should go and upgrade their skills. Kids these days are smarter and you can't use 1920s syllabus or methods to teach them nowadays.

Imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students programing on the white board. How do we know if the program is right and how do we debug errors from the whiteboard.

We have many unqualified teachers. What Nigerian education system needs includes qualified teachers, good infrastructures, basic teaching amenities and then the staff welfare. At least he started on a good note. Let's watch and see if other steps will follow.

They said anambra has become so dirty since he came in. They also said street lights no longer works
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2022
toobusy:
This man really mean well for NDI Anambra,things must be done properly no matter who is involve,for the first time in my life,I may have seen a politician that wants to serve really

Nothing is coming out of Soludo

The sack is just to create room for looting as Anambra is broke.

Can’t you see he cannot hit the ground running, rather he has been doing visitations and attending churches.

He does not have the resource to work with as Obiano has looted State beyond recovery with the white elephant project called international airport.

Soludo cannot give what he does not have.

The sole aim of sack was to save the government from expenses.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Zenzu01(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2022
mema900:

They said anambra has become so dirty since he came in. They also said street lights no longer works

Them say, them say, them say.

One thing at a time my friend. I don't want to sound like I'm supporting him but he can't possibly change everything at once.

But from what I'm seeing so far, he's trying to say the least.

Let's wait for 1 year to judge his decisions.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
They didnt vote for him.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Elidrisy20: 11:25am On Jun 10, 2022
You sacked 1000 teachers,to employ N-tech abi
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by mindtricks: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2022
Hambivert:
One thing that makes a leader function well in government is popular support by the masses. When he has this, even when he is on the wrong path the masses would still support him. But when he looses that, he looses the very essence of democracy and all his right doings would be wrong.

Soludo should be diplomatic in his dealings as diplomacy comes with alot of compromise.
These teachers sparogatively shouldn't have been sacked until after the regularisation test, and those who passed should have been automatically retained.
Old qualified and capable hands would to a large extent always be better than new ones.

So true.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:27am On Jun 10, 2022
Same thing Elrufai did that those hateful bigots vilified him. I can't see anyone of them doing same to soludo because he is their brother
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ufuosman(m): 11:37am On Jun 10, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Emu4life(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2022
youngking89:
Mumu he just started his Tenor
Your parents did a bad job, your Teachers too

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by comodo: 11:50am On Jun 10, 2022
Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.
1000 husbands and wives,1000 breadwinners,with average of 4 kids,that's 4000 kids in Anambra alone whose parents just lost their jobs cry
Ok he's doing it to get competent hands? What competent hands? Those who will replace them will still be same Nigerian graduates and might have less experience and even be less effective.
Always pray that the government that will come to power at your state of residence or federal level will be the one that will favour you. Stop following bandwagons to support or crucify a party just because your people love or hate the party.
These sacked teachers might have celebrated when soludo won,not knowing his win Wiii bring poverty to their families.
He told them to take the competence CBT test to show that they are qualified for the position. If I can remember, this arrangement was between individual schools and parents. They were paying these set of teachers before somehow their payments were transferred to the government.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by whofoolwho: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2022
This is what you get when you elect someone that wants to keep to a standard and wants quality Education for his people.He did the same when he was the governor of Central bank and we all know the positive effect of that action.If those that are protesting have the qualification to be employed as teachers, they should prove that by writing the exam.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by tamdun: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
Miracle2020:
When El rufai do the same thing, Igbos wanted to strangle him alive now I will see what they will do.
So u self noticed
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by comodo: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2022
mindtricks:

So true.
We should get things straight. These arrangements were initially between individual schools and parents. How the salaries of these teachers were transferred to the govt is what he is questioning. He then asked them to take competence CBT exams to prune out olodos among them. Na bad thing
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by GrandfinaIe2021: 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.
1000 husbands and wives,1000 breadwinners,with average of 4 kids,that's 4000 kids in Anambra alone whose parents just lost their jobs cry
Ok he's doing it to get competent hands? What competent hands? Those who will replace them will still be same Nigerian graduates and might have less experience and even be less effective.
Always pray that the government that will come to power at your state of residence or federal level will be the one that will favour you. Stop following bandwagons to support or crucify a party just because your people love or hate the party.
These sacked teachers might have celebrated when soludo won,not knowing his win Wiii bring poverty to their families.
words of wisdom.
The right things he should have done is to demote them but not completely job loss especially in this economy
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by GrandfinaIe2021: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
Echoban:
Tenure never start u don dey sack, u dey fight IPOb, same time destroyo building. Be like this one no wan finish en tenure well Sha. Hmm
our Messiah always end up disappointing us.
Buhari was the acclaimed Messiah but see where he has landed us today.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by GrandfinaIe2021: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Buddha3:
Now every thread on nairaland has been converted to a market square where misfits display and advertise stupid products and services.

The level of incompetence on display by Seun and his moderators leaves much to be desired.

Mtscheew!
honestly it's so irritating.
The mods are trying sha
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by almayda: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2022
Bloody hypocrites,when El Rufai did same,you all were calling him all sort names but hailing Soludo.Its what a responsible Governor should do.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by whofoolwho: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.
I dont think you understand the sensitivity and importance of qaulity / standard teaching. He just asked them to write the test and prove their eligebility for such sensitive work
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by styleewhyte(m): 12:12pm On Jun 10, 2022
If all you types was true, then know you are not qualified to teach Physics and so have no business teaching it and that's the problem.... You fail to see the wrong in it.. That someone who studied Economics in the Uni is teaching Physics... That's unacceptable. So if that is going on in the whole state then what he did was right. You may be qualified to teach Economics, government, business studies, accounts as a teacher and never Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Introtech, Integrated science... So what you just did is justify Soludo's action.
That the Principals and the previous administrations did the wrong thing does not mean He should continue with it, if he wants to move Eductional quality forward. Peter Obi would do the same.

Point: you were a square peg in a round hole by teaching Physics as an Economics graduate. Deal with it.
bigpicture001:
This Mann is a very stupid man... I used to think he. Is sensible, turns out he is too full of himself.. and don't even know how to go about government...

Leme tell u this.. 3years ago I was as corper in Anambra state.. I studied economic, but on getting to a particular state government skl, I was about to be. Rejected and because the skl had alot of economics graduate, the principal lamented that had I been a science student sh would HV taken me in.. there and then I told her. I could handle any science subject I was given..

sh was shocked and behind my backI was. Tested and the result would be delivered by the students to the principal.. I stated.

Teaching physics SS1 , 2 & and 3..inspite of the. Fact that we had 11 science aand engineering graduate as corpers in that skl,they were all scarred to teach physics..I did wonderful job with physics and cajoled the entire skl..that I was being talked about in other skl.....students begged me for more. Extra lessons..I was untouchable..I brought them deep into all physics calculations and all...

Now after. I finished..the skl couldn't find another. Me and the. Principal called me and offered me a job in the same skl to teach physics...the skl has never had a physics teacher. For about 4years..sh said the started has not done employment for over 5years aat the education sectoy , ur the students need me,cuz I even prepare all thier practical for WAEC and NECO..I started to teach even the corper chemistry teachers thier chemistry before they entered the classes to teach..( they both studied industrial chemistry

Sh said I would be paid by the parents and will be termed a PTA teacher.. at 30k. I agreed but told her I would leave if I found something better.. we started again.

then one day, I was told to report to a location, there, was a gathering of all teachers at that zone.. they were being registered by the state and we are also registered... There, I saw Manny PTA teachers... And I discovered we all teach very critical subjects while the staffs teach English and literature and commerce.

The principal told me they had a general principal meeting and communicated to the government that PTA funds are dwindling and can't keep the vital PTA teachers running.. and the government ask they keyed into the system with reduced wages under special teachers ... We are going to be paid by the government from then exactly what we agreed with our respective skills...

I taught for a future three terms before I left... Last year..... Now I am hearing this... And this idiot of a. Man wouldn't want to regularize them.. and bring them in.. instead sacks them and start another process all just so he can claim he is the. One that employed teachers and. Created. Jobs...

I lost my respect for this fool who just proved to Mee.. that he. Isn't it any different from the others...

Believe soludo is different at ur own peril!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by whofoolwho: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
GrandfinaIe2021:
words of wisdom.
The right things he should have done is to demote them but not completely job loss especially in this economy
This is why we don't ever get thing right in this country.we keep managing people who are not qualified for jobs because we want to keep on their table.he made it known that there a lots of vacancies in other places.please demoting them to start teaching who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Emu4life:
Your parents did a bad job, your Teachers too

grin grin grin

The dude had a poor education.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by bigpicture001: 12:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
styleewhyte:
If all you types was true, then know you are not qualified to teach Physics and so have no business teaching it and that's the problem.... You fail to see the wrong in it.. That someone who studied Economics in the Uni is teaching Physics... That's unacceptable. So if that is going on in the whole state then what he did was right. You may be qualified to teach Economics, government, business studies, accounts as a teacher and never Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Introtech, Integrated science... So what you just did is justify Soludo's action.
That the Principals and the previous administrations did the wrong thing does not mean He should continue with it, if he wants to move Eductional quality forward. Peter Obi would do the same.

Point: you were a square peg in a round hole by teaching Physics as an Economics graduate. Deal with it.

You don't know what else to say... That's why ur empty brain can't process nothing.... The pay was even too small... I jejely walked away... What about the thousands I met at the registration venue two years ago.. who studied what they teach and schools HV retained as PTA teacher..?

You know for sure that soludo is same all these politicians... Common dustbin he can't sort out... Again whom do u know that got appointment in his government through his rubbish deceitful website for Anambra experts..?
Do you know that this teachers registration is the third time it's done..? The guy is just same as the rest
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by dododawa1: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
BUHARI fault due to hardship from the DULLARD.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by aribisala0(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
INDUSTRIALFAN:
if only you read the post you’ll see that he said no qualified teacher was fired. Try de read sometimes. Be better than the average black man.
Idiotic talk> What is average black man? If you hate being black that is your problem stop coming here to talk like a fool
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by klas(m): 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
LeoDeKing:

When Elrufai did something similar in Kaduna, Meth illiterates were all over the net screaming.

Watch how same illiterates go about praising Soludo for same reform in Anambra.

I wanted to draw attention of people praising Soludo on this, to their negative hypocritical stand against El-Rufai when he did same some years ago.

Thank God, El-Rufai refused to be intimidated.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by 77up(m): 12:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
I hope you will resolve to this if this happened in South West
Zenzu01:
This is a great development from Gov Soludo. I think this man will make a fine governor. At least he started his administration on a very good note. Kudos.

I also hope that those bad guys don't later corrupt you like they did with Okorocha.

----- Modified ----

For those quoting me: He sacked 1000 teachers and he gave a good reason for that. Unqualified teachers are most times the reason we have graduates who don't know anything.

I'm not happy that they were sacked but they should go and upgrade their skills. Kids these days are smarter and you can't use 1920s syllabus or methods to teach them nowadays.

Imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students programing on the white board. How do we know if the program is right and how do we debug errors from the whiteboard.

We have many unqualified teachers. What Nigerian education system needs includes qualified teachers, good infrastructures, basic teaching amenities and then the staff welfare. At least he started on a good note. Let's watch and see if other steps will follow.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Chris2863(m): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:
What the hell is HAZY MANNER? The question here is that are they qualified for the job or not?

Oga you better do the correction and don't destroy your administration by one misguided fatal mistake o.
greater percentage of them are not qualified

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Dorlarphor10: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.

With this your mindset sir/ma, Nigeria will not change. We have to learn to always do the right thing all time
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:
What the hell is HAZY MANNER? The question here is that are they qualified for the job or not?

Oga you better do the correction and don't destroy your administration by one misguided fatal mistake o.
why didn't Obiano employ them when he was in power? Why the rush? What if no screening was conducted to check if quacks was among them? I know the good ones maybe there but please know that we're talking about education where you and my own kids will be trained and if dey are not properly screen we may end up seeing our future generations bn empty head but I don't wish for that but as he said let them go for the test tomorrow SIMPLE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only God Or Atiku's Victory Can Save Gov Adeleke - Deji Adeyanju / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 / President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.