Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo (35801 Views)

Why I Sacked Auxiliary - Seyi Makinde / Buhari: Why I Sacked Nanono, Sale Mamman & Reshuffled My Cabinet / Ganduje: Why I Sacked Sanusi As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
what happen to giving the teachers 1-2years to do some upgrading rather than sacking them, if Sanwoolu had done this, his kinsmen won't allow anyone hear words

hypocrite tribe
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Obinoscopy(m): 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Wrong move. He took an insensitive decision. He just took away the means of livelihood of 1000 anambrarians
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by mema900: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zenzu01:

Them say, them say, them say.

One thing at a time my friend. I don't want to sound like I'm supporting him but he can't possibly change everything at once.

But from what I'm seeing so far, he's trying to say the least.

Let's wait for 1 year to judge his decisions.

I am not saying he should do magic. These things were working b4 he came. Yhe street lights were all working, refuses were not filling everywhere
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by euphorbia(f): 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
what happen to giving the teachers 1-2years to do some upgrading rather than sacking them, if Sanwoolu had done this, his kinsmen won't allow anyone hear words

hypocrite tribe

This probably would have been a good option but some Nigerians can be too dubious that 1 week is enough to do shady deals.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Psoul(m): 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zenzu01:
This is a great development from Gov Soludo. I think this man will make a fine governor. At least he started his administration on a very good note. Kudos.

I also hope that those bad guys don't later corrupt you like they did with Okorocha.

----- Modified ----

For those quoting me: He sacked 1000 teachers and he gave a good reason for that. Unqualified teachers are most times the reason we have graduates who don't know anything.

I'm not happy that they were sacked but they should go and upgrade their skills. Kids these days are smarter and you can't use 1920s syllabus or methods to teach them nowadays.

Imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students programing on the white board. How do we know if the program is right and how do we debug errors from the whiteboard.

We have many unqualified teachers. What Nigerian education system needs includes qualified teachers, good infrastructures, basic teaching amenities and then the staff welfare. At least he started on a good note. Let's watch and see if other steps will follow.

The post did not say that the teachers are not qualified teachers. It says that the manner in which they were employed is hazy.
That means that some big shots may have created a kind of employment opportunity just for them to make some cash.
These teachers may be qualified teachers that went through all the necessary procedures and were given appointment letters.
The governor want to get back at the big shots that benefited from this appointment.

I think the best he should've done will be to sack those big shots in the government that illegally created and benefited from that appointment. Then, he can re-test the teachers, keep well qualified ones and drop any unqualified teacher.

Sacking all the teachers is an unfair action while he leaves the people that created the illegal appointment.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ufotunang: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Sacking up to 1000 teachers in this hard economy...how do you want them to survive this hard economy..was this your campaign promises.. nawaoooo... Politicians should reason
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ufotunang: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.
1000 husbands and wives,1000 breadwinners,with average of 4 kids,that's 4000 kids in Anambra alone whose parents just lost their jobs cry
Ok he's doing it to get competent hands? What competent hands? Those who will replace them will still be same Nigerian graduates and might have less experience and even be less effective.
Always pray that the government that will come to power at your state of residence or federal level will be the one that will favour you. Stop following bandwagons to support or crucify a party just because your people love or hate the party.
These sacked teachers might have celebrated when soludo won,not knowing his win Wiii bring poverty to their families.
..abi..sacking up to 1000 teachers/ breadwinners in this hard economy...was these his campaign promises... nawaooo for nigerian politicians
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by smiliyB(f): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zenzu01:
This is a great development from Gov Soludo. I think this man will make a fine governor. At least he started his administration on a very good note. Kudos.

I also hope that those bad guys don't later corrupt you like they did with Okorocha.

----- Modified ----

For those quoting me: He sacked 1000 teachers and he gave a good reason for that. Unqualified teachers are most times the reason we have graduates who don't know anything.

I'm not happy that they were sacked but they should go and upgrade their skills. Kids these days are smarter and you can't use 1920s syllabus or methods to teach them nowadays.

Imagine a lecturer teaching computer science students programing on the white board. How do we know if the program is right and how do we debug errors from the whiteboard.

We have many unqualified teachers. What Nigerian education system needs includes qualified teachers, good infrastructures, basic teaching amenities and then the staff welfare. At least he started on a good note. Let's watch and see if other steps will follow.
You don't need to apologize because you did;t say anything bad. of course, if our education system is going to improve there must be sanitization in that sector.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by smiliyB(f): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2022
Hambivert:
One thing that makes a leader function well in government is popular support by the masses. When he has this, even when he is on the wrong path the masses would still support him. But when he looses that, he looses the very essence of democracy and all his right doings would be wrong.

Soludo should be diplomatic in his dealings as diplomacy comes with alot of compromise.
These teachers sparogatively shouldn't have been sacked until after the regularisation test, and those who passed should have been automatically retained.
Old qualified and capable hands would to a large extent always be better than new ones.
Diplomatic? like seriously! it can't be possible for a leader to be diplomatic. Know what you want and stand for it...that's how to get a good working system. it's the diplomatic stuff that left Osibanjo where he's now. if he had spoken out when it was needed we wouldn't be in this mess we're in today.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by smiliyB(f): 1:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ezedon:
SOLUDO!!!!, Is this the solution you promised us?
It's part of it, update yourself....qualify for the position and apply again. We need every sector in Nigeria to start functioning well, not just the presidency!
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by alizma: 1:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
His own people will not talk now, this is what Yahaya Bello did at the beginning of his tenure that ruin some other good things he did till date.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Dave811: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Did you read, in the statement; where he said "no qualified teacher" was sacked?
BIGDADDY000:
What the hell is HAZY MANNER? The question here is that are they qualified for the job or not?

Oga you better do the correction and don't destroy your administration by one misguided fatal mistake o.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by COMPAQ(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:
What the hell is HAZY MANNER? The question here is that are they qualified for the job or not?

Oga you better do the correction and don't destroy your administration by one misguided fatal mistake o.

And the question was answered!! They were not qualified.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by kenx1(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
BIGDADDY000:

Bro due process must be followed, no need to cut cornners

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by frog12: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
you must blame the people that did not follow the process when they employed those teachers. nigeria does this a lot. bribes.

Greatzeus:
1000? That's a lot.
1000 husbands and wives,1000 breadwinners,with average of 4 kids,that's 4000 kids in Anambra alone whose parents just lost their jobs cry
Ok he's doing it to get competent hands? What competent hands? Those who will replace them will still be same Nigerian graduates and might have less experience and even be less effective.
Always pray that the government that will come to power at your state of residence or federal level will be the one that will favour you. Stop following bandwagons to support or crucify a party just because your people love or hate the party.
These sacked teachers might have celebrated when soludo won,not knowing his win Wiii bring poverty to their families.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by descarado: 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Zenzu01:

----- Modified ----

Thank you.
Emotions don't do the work.
A white man will sympathise with you yet follow the laid down rule. That's why they are progressing.
Not only teachers.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by descarado: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
ufotunang:
Sacking up to 1000 teachers in this hard economy...how do you want them to survive this hard economy..was this your campaign promises.. nawaoooo... Politicians should reason
What has campaign promises got to do with qualified teachers?
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by descarado: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Sterope:
There should be a law against hazy recruitment and last minute bank withdrawals. It is selfish and not the int he good interest of the society.
Don't mind Nigerian politicians.
They don't have any right recruiting people.

That's why we are where we are today.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by descarado: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
comodo:

We should get things straight. These arrangements were initially between individual schools and parents. How the salaries of these teachers were transferred to the govt is what he is questioning. He then asked them to take competence CBT exams to prune out olodos among them. Na bad thing
They are lucky he is not the president.
In 3 yrs, Nigerian civil service will wake up by force.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
Baba Bisi Akande did thesame in 1999-2003 and that alone contributed to what cost him his reelection
Zenzu01:

----- Modified ----

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Lightorder: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
If I say that Soludo doesn’t use his senses properly, one slowpoke who feels that he is more Anambra than me would come chasing me down the street
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by ufotunang: 6:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
descarado:

What has campaign promises got to do with qualified teachers?

..in his campaign promises he promised Anambra people that he will create more jobs ...so instead of him creating more jjobs he is now sacking.. it's that good
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by descarado: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
ufotunang:
..in his campaign promises he promised Anambra people that he will create more jobs ...so instead of him creating more jjobs he is now sacking.. it's that good
When you are not qualified?

Who employs unqualified people in this era?

Don't you wanna move forward?

Aren't we tired of this already?

Don't know about you but I want to move forward.
Commend them when they do the right thing pls.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by mrkings84(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool cool can the people of nigeria also sack all the old money bags come 2023 so we can usher in fresh ideas from the younger generation.vote peter obi vote labour party

Me I will vote PO, whether he wins or not!
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by phemmyfour: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
JomasisTech:
If what he said is true, those people lamenting should keep quite
You should blame the system that employ them not the employee.

It's wrong to sack people that are already in the system and are delivering
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by youngking89(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2022
How are you the lucky sperm that survived…you should have been poured on the bedsheet or swallowed
Emu4life:
Your parents did a bad job, your Teachers too
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by Emu4life(m): 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
youngking89:
How are you the lucky sperm that survived…you should have been poured on the bedsheet or swallowed
Tell me that's what your Parents do, without telling me that's what your Parents do.
Re: Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo by youngking89(m): 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
Did the mental hospital test too many drugs on you today?
Emu4life:
Tell me that's what your Parents do, without telling me that's what your Parents do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only God Or Atiku's Victory Can Save Gov Adeleke - Deji Adeyanju / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 / President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.