Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? (13209 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Lamasta(m): 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never called you to sit on any Throne in the world. He instead told you that though you are in this world , you are not of this world. undecided
The government of the world will be on his shoulder is not in your own bible abi

Government was not created for the devil and wicked people is that clear?
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
1. Jesus did not command what you think he commanded. It is a figment of your imagination.

2. For your information, there was no democracy during the time of Jesus. And that politics is not Jesus' purpose of coming to Earth does not mean he commanded us not to be involved with politics. Prophets are not politicians but mouthpiece of God. Jesus is God himself so he needs no political power.
1. So when Jesus Christ said that instead of ruling as the Gentiles do, you should do as He did - Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 - He didn't mean that at all? undecided

2. There was no democracy during the time of Jesus Christ means everything Jesus Christ said then is rendered null and void, even though the dsms Jesus Christ declared that Heaven and Earth will pass away but every Word of God's Law will remain the same for eternity, right? undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2022
Engr2016:
Even the bolded portion you did does not contradict the scriptures. The fact that some or many Christians compromise or blend with the world does not mean all other or every Christian will do the same. Neither does it mean JESUS said Christians must not be involved in governance. In every other areas of life such as accounting, engineering, business etc, some christians still compromise. But does that mean they should stopped being accountants, engineers, businesmen etc? The answer is a capital NO. Remember even Prophet Elijah said he was the only person remaining for Him but GOD said he still have several righteous men standing for Him.

Well i believe those first century Christians understood Jesus better that's why they never had anything to do with politics.
All other fields they venture into with the exception of POLITICS! smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
Lamasta:
1. The government of the world will be on his shoulder is not in your own bible abi
2. Government was not created for the devil and wicked people is that clear?
1. Well, it is written that it will be on His shoulder. How did you translate that to mean your own shoulder as well? undecided

2. The governments of this world were created by the peoples of this world, not God, the same people God cursed in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. God no send or call you to governing the world at all. undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
It is people like you that make muslims think Christians are not relevant. You are a minus to Christendom. I don't know why you people always quote the bible out of its connotation and denotation, given it your own interpretation.

I regret being in a country where christians are docile and passive to the advantage of jihadists. You are not doing yourself any good by surrendering your right to fundamentalists. It is a pity.

I surrendered it all for the kingdom of God in Jesus name Amen! smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Charly68: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Why not ; life was more terrible in Babylon when Daniel was a politician.. and he did that successfully . Princes gathered against him but they died for him at the end.. Any Christian going to politics must be audacious and bold and God will back him up
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
How do you want Nigeria better with this your out of the scriptures belief? That means you have given up. Muslims can continue to do you the way they like. I pity you brother.
Jesus Christ called me to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's righteousness. I don't care about Nigeria or this world since I am called to serve God as He has instead called me to. undecided

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ and His Kingdom which is not of this world gives up on the world the moment they become born-again. undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Lamasta(m): 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Well, it is written that it will be on His shoulder. How did you translate that to mean your own shoulder as well? undecided

2. The governments of this world were created by the peoples of this world, not God, the same people God cursed in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. God no send or call you to governing the world at all. undecided

You lie Sir, stop this lie against the word of God

Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

There wouldn't have been anything called ISLAM if not for the Catholics that terrorized the world of that time claiming they're fighting religious wars.
Christianity is meant to be submissive to any form of worship after all everything Jesus taught us is a way of life that we can live in any country no matter the religion they practice.

Go and check your Bible if any pagan nation attacked the Christians, it was the Jews who claimed they believe in the same books Christ's followers were preaching that were calling for their heads. So had it not been for the Jews Christianity would have easily gone round the world without having anything to do with politics or wars against any other religion! smiley
Catholic did not create Islam. Islam had been existing before Catholicism, it is one of the ancient idols worshipping in Arabia. It was when Mohammed grew that he chose only islam (his family traditional religion), destroy other gods/shrines and killed worshipers of other gods. Historically, MuhamMad or Muhammed, is from the tribe of Ishmael.

God has prophesied that Ishmael and his generations would be terr-orists to his brothers (offerings of Isaac and others)
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by oluxy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Omooba77:
Can A True Christian be Actively involved in Nigeria politics as it is today?

Yes!

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.

Proverb 29:2

The slaves keep ruling and your expect the country to be in peace, not possible.

When the foundation is faulty what will the righteous do?
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Lamasta:
You lie Sir, stop this lie against the word of God

Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God
I don't know about Paui and your assumptions of Him but I know what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 where He labeled the non-Jewish rulers as having gentile origins, not God. So did Jesus Christ lie when He declared as He did there? undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
Catholic did not create Islam. Islam had been existing before Catholicism, it is one of the ancient idols worshipping in Arabia. It was when Mohammed grew that he chose only islam (his family traditional religion), destroy other gods/shrines and killed worshipers of other gods. Historically, MuhamMad or Muhammed, is from the tribe of Ishmael.

God has prophesied that Ishmael and his generations would be terr-orists to his brothers (offerings of Isaac and others)

The Arabians and Israelites never shared the same line of thought regarding worship. Arabians worshiped various deities unlike the Israelites who had the law in which it's written that there's only one God {Deuteronomy 6:4} all the ideas of only one God and affluence the Roman Catholic Church Pope had is what Muhammad desires.
That's why he followed everything the Roman Catholic teaches with the exception of Jesus being God's only begotten Son and the trinity, apart from these two everything else is tailored after the teachings of the Catholic Church! smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So when Jesus Christ said that instead of ruling as the Gentiles do, you should do as He did - Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 - He didn't mean that at all? undecided

2. There was no democracy during the time of Jesus Christ means everything Jesus Christ said then is rendered null and void, even though the dsms Jesus Christ declared that Heaven and Earth will pass away but every Word of God's Law will remain the same for eternity, right? undecided

The answer to your question in (1) is YES.
The answer to your question in (2) is NO. If you muddle/lump things together I will separate them because as a mathematician, I studied logical reasoning. The scriptures you quoted has nothing to do with Jesus' command against politics.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Lamasta(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't know about Paui and your assumptions of Him but I know what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 where He labeled the non-Jewish rulers as having gentile origins, not God. So did Jesus Christ lie when He declared as He did there? undecided

You don't know about Paul called by Jesus but you know about Matthew

Its high time Christians who truly have the fear of God start taking part in active politics cos this nation have suffered too much in the hands of occultic and evil men in the helms of affair in this country, things needs to change.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I surrendered it all for the kingdom of God in Jesus name Amen! smiley
To say I am sad with this your belief is an understatement not only because of you but because there are also many people like you. You have decided to surrender your God's given privilege to determine your destiny and that of the your generations to the world.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ called me to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's righteousness. I don't care about Nigeria or this world since I am called to serve God as He has instead called me to. undecided

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ and His Kingdom which is not of this world gives up on the world the moment they become born-again. undecided
All what you wrote here are true but that negate participation in politics. It does not stop a minister of the gospel from participating in politics except you don't have interest in politics. Not everyone has interest in politics but that does not stop you performing your civic responsibility during polls. A man's interest or opinion should not be a doctrine.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
To say I am sad with this your belief is an understatement not only because of you but because there are also many people like you. You have decided to surrender your God's given privilege to determine your destiny and that of the your generations to the world.

Jesus never taught me about any future apart from God's Kingdom {Matt 6:10} according to Jesus in this world i am going to experience lots of tribulations {John 16:33} so i'm not interested in the whatever politicians are promising you {Psalms 146:3-4} i have it all in Jesus.
Paradise will soon be here my friend {Luke 23:43} and all these evil will be things of the past! Revelations 21:3-5 smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by adeoba2008(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A true Christian would never be a politician in this world.. undecided
Your own opinion.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
Yhe answer to your question in (1) is YES.
The answer to your question in (2) is NO. If you muddle/lump things together I will separate them because as a mathematician, I studied logical reasoning. The scriptures you quoted has nothing to do with Jesus' command against politics.
Interesting!

So please go ahead and break down what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 logically then to help me see what you claim you see instead. undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
Lamasta:
1. You don't know about Paul called by Jesus but you know about Matthew
2. Its high time Christians who truly have the fear of God start taking part in active politics cos this nation have suffered too much in the hands of occultic and evil men in the helms of affair in this country, things needs to change.
1. I am called by Jesus Christ to be a follower and witness of Jesus Christ alone, sorry.. undecided

2. Against the direct commandment of Jesus Christ? You do know that sin is transgression or disobedience of God's direct commandment to you in His Law, Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus never taught me about any future apart from God's Kingdom {Matt 6:10} according to Jesus in this world i am going to experience lots of tribulations {John 16:33} so i'm not interested in the whatever politicians are promising you {Psalms 146:3-4} i have it all in Jesus.
Paradise will soon be here my friend {Luke 23:43} and all these evil will be things of the past! Revelations 21:3-5 smiley
That means you are willing and happy to live under the governance of evil Islam'ic jihadists right? Anything they like they should do you. This is zeal coupled ignorance.

Do you use to vote?
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
All what you wrote here are true but that negate participation in politics. It does not stop a minister of the gospel from participating in politics except you don't have interest in politics.

2. Not everyone has interest in politics but that does not stop you performing your civic responsibility during polls. A man's interest or opinion should not be a doctrine.
1. Can anyone serve two masters
as a citizen of the Kingdom of God - one of this here world and the other of the Kingdom of God? undecided

No one who truly belongs to God can seek first the Kingdom of God while clinging to the world and its politics at the same time. It is impossible to do. undecided

2. Casting your vote isn't same as serving as a politician now, is it? Mind you so long as you don't pretend your vote is of God, you are in the free and clear. undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
adeoba2008:

Your own opinion.
This isn't an opinion as is based squarely on what Jesus Christ instead commands of His followers in Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 - the same one who said to you that you are in this world but you are not of this world. undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting!

So please go ahead and break down what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 logically then to help me see what you claim you see instead. undecided

Matthew 20:24-28
New International Version
24 When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

How does the above scriptures condemn politics? There is no word or statement here that relate to politics. This scripture is all about service in the kingdom of God.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
That means you are willing and happy to live under the governance of evil Islam'ic jihadists right? Anything they like they should do you. This is zeal coupled ignorance.

Do you use to vote?

In fact i will be safer under their government than your church people because all i need to study is their laws and master it even better than them.
Since i'm not into dragging political seats with them everything will be easier than being in the midst of you church people who are always talking about dominate! dominate!! dominate!!!
Vote for who? smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Can anyone serve two masters
as a citizen of the Kingdom of God - one of this here world and the other of the Kingdom of God? undecided

No one who truly belongs to God can seek first the Kingdom of God while clinging to the world and its politics at the same time. It is impossible to do. undecided

2. Casting your vote isn't same as serving as a politician now, is it? Mind you so long as you don't pretend your vote is of God, you are in the free and clear. undecided

Politics (and other things of this world) are not my masters. They can only be my masters if they are in control. Politics is not my master because it is not controlling me. I am the one controlling politics. I am a politician, a theologian and a mathematician and I can proudly tell you that I am the one controlling politics. Politics is not bad as you people think. If you are not bad, politics cannot make you bad. I can't steal if it is not in me. Same as fornication, etc. Who you are before joining politics matters.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Engr2016: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
Perhaps you should emigrate to Afghanistan and live under the Taliban before coming to utter these words. Easier said than done.

MaxInDHouse:

In fact i will be safer under their government than your church people because all i need to study is their laws and master it even better than them.
Since i'm not into dragging political seats with them everything will be easier than being in the midst of you church people who are always talking about dominate! dominate!! dominate!!!
Vote for who? smiley
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Vote for who? smiley
Your choice.
Make God deliver you.
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2022
Newton2024:
Matthew 20:24-28
New International Version
24 When the ten heard about this, they were indignant with the two brothers. 25 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 26 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

1. How does the above scriptures condemn politics? There is no word or statement here that relate to politics.
2. This scripture is all about service in the kingdom of God.
1. Are you certain you don't see where Jesus Christ outright declares against the politics of the Gentiles world? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ only serve those who are of the Kingdom of God or did He serve all those He was sent to regardless of whether they believed in His Kingdom or not? undecided
Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Abusadiq01:
Simply, NO!!!
paulolee:
no because politics is a dirty game
timocruzcmbb:
Capital NO,Jesus state it in the Bible that he came to do his fathers work,if you are a thru Christian,you will have to focus on your fathers work (God).there is no way you can mix worldly things with things of God,God want his followers to serve him 100%.all those one pastor bakare is doing,he is only obsessed with politics,he is not a thru followers of God,na sweet mouth pastor,even all the rant he rant on apc convention day one single vote baba no get.thats to show that,they no he is 100% 419.

The is nothing bad in politics unless you want wicked Islam'ic terr-orists to take over. The bible never condemn politics.

Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you certain you don't see where Jesus Christ outright declares against the politics of the Gentiles world? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ only serve those who are of the Kingdom of God or did He serve all those He was sent to regardless of whether they believed in His Kingdom or not? undecided
kenny714433:
See stupid question na

These ones are the religious fanatics, always putting on ground sweeping skirts and Luggards shoes with their Harbert Macauley office bags.

So Heavenly conscious that they are earthly blind.
obembet:
Yes.... just that there some animals that will always condemn u whenever u join politics and same people will be cries whenever unbelievabler govern them
olu77:
Christians either get involve or continue to be deprived of their rights
Read these comments above.

Which one is this gentile world? Point out where Jesus Christ outright declares against the politics.

I was once like you until I understand better. If you refuse to participate, muslims in government will use your tax to sponsor your killers. Be wise my brother.

1 Like

Re: Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? by Newton2024: 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
cornelboy:

No that's outdated. Talk about Jesus (Christians model) and his disciples and the early church generally.
Did they participate in politics?
No they didn't.

Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world".
That Jesus didn't participate in politics doesn't mean politics is bad or sinful. In Jesus'days, there was no democracy but Roman government. Can you say because Jesus did not have children, therefore it is a sin to born children?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A Born Again Xtian To Bcom A Successful Lawyer? / How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin / Members Being ‘forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.