Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,249 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me (28361 Views)

Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State / Dave Umahi. ‘I Can Never Join A Party Like APC' (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by maupe: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State on Saturday passed vote of no confidence on Professor George Obiozor, declaring that he would no longer recognize him as the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

Umahi who ran for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress in the just concluded primary election of the APC, accused Obiozor of particanship, instead of making himself a rallying point during the struggle for the presidency of Igbo extraction.

He lamented that Obiozor failed to stand for the South East region when it mattered most, saying, “it is a very big shame, I have no confidence in him and he is no longer my President.”

Umahi chided delegates from other South East States who he said sold their votes to willing buyers instead of standing in defense of the calls for the Igbo Presidency.

He also expressed dissatisfaction with the political actors from the South East zone for not justifying the agitations against the marginalization of Ndigbo during the just concluded Presidential Primary.

Governor Umahi spoke on Saturday while addressing the mammoth crowd of supporters who staged a heroic welcome for him on arrival to Ebonyi State after the Presidential Primary in Abuja.

He, however, commended delegates, Stakeholders, and supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from Ebonyi State for their massive support of his candidature during the just concluded All Progressives Party, APC, Presidential Primary.

Umahi said: “First, let me say to Ebonyi people, you are wonderful people, the Presidential election was a great eyeopener to every son and daughter of Ebonyi State and with your support, we fought very gallantly.

“I had series of meetings with the party’s chairmen in the five states of the zone, in the company of its national vice chairman. I implored on the delegates that the issue was not about me but the mood of the Igbos in the nation.

“I implored that they should vote for any South East aspirant so that when the votes are counted, we would not be missing.

“We would have made a strong statement in the process, that the Igbos are eminently qualified with due capacity to lead the country,

“There was no sort of lobbying I did not receive, but I maintained that it was about bringing the marginalisation of the Igbos to the fore.

“The setting of the Nation is well skewed against any contest for Igbo man, while every Zones has about eight States or more and South East has only five, how do you expect an Igbo man to win a contest under this kind of arrangement?

“Prof. Obiozor could not stand for Igbos when it mattered so much; it is a very big shame, I have no confidence in him and he is no longer my President.

“In the comity of South East, Ebonyi people are not regarded, I continue to say that Ebonyi will never be Biafra.

“I weep for our Leaders; we are now regarded as people that will sell anything for the sake of money, it is about equity, justice, and fairness upon which I continue to shout for the unity of this country.”

Umahi said he was no longer interested in South East agenda, but Ebonyi agenda only, assuring that he would fight publicly, anyone that fights against the interest of Ebonyi people.

“I am the Governor of Ebonyi State, the only agenda I have for South East now is Ebonyi Agenda, I continue to say that he who sells his brother, even the buyer will not trust him.

“Anyone that fights against the interest of Ebonyi people in the South East, I will fight the person Publicly, Ndigbo, get your PVC and bond together, you have seen that nobody wants you anymore, we have the fighting spirit and the spirit of our founding Fathers have been rekindled to fight for us.

“When Honourable people are needed in South East, they will come to Ebonyi State, everything is not money,” he concluded.

https://independent.ng/youre-no-longer-my-president-umahi-tells-obiozor-passes-no-confidence-vote-on-him/

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by silvoclaira: 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
You that betrayed your people and joined the APC

315 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Islandlady(f): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Chai, ibos betraying ibos since 1900s grin

Last last make Igbos politicians just take their Biafra agitation serious, because politics is not their thing!

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Mooh247: 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
cool

Na man you be,

Umahi, Okorocha, Ogbanaya and Pius Anyim all did their own, Same way Amaechi and Wike gave a good fight for Southern Presidency as well

Ohaneze Shit-Nboe only focused on Tinubu as if 10,000 Ohaneze can stop one Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Nigeria has two Alpha tribe

I: Fulanis the Alpha tribe of North and Arewa

II: Yorubas the Alpha tribe of Southern Nigeria

311 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Mariangeles(f): 1:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
Umahi, the rebellious governor that is aggressively changing the narrative of his people.
He continues to teach them to believe in themselves, and to think highly of themselves.

Anyone that fights against the interest of Ebonyi people in the South East, I will fight the person publicly.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Mandate2023: 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ipigs delegates always go for d money.....same as dey did in PDP

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by mymadam(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
undecided When observers say the Igbo always betrays the Igbo, some tend to get their knickers in a twist. Now this is coming from the horse's mouth! So where do we go from here?

#my2kobo

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Cantonese: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Oga governor make we hear something abeg.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by dplordx(m): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Lol, it’s Tinubu. He is the reason UGM are killing Ibos like cockroaches. He is the reason Kanu is in prisons he’s the reason Ojukwu died.
All the Ibos woes are caused by Tinubu. Hahaha

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by hargbolahan01: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2022
Sorry brother....They follow the highest bidder

Kindly contact us for SOLAR and CCTV installation.... check below for more info

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by osinbanjoisaliar: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mandate2023:
Ipigs
Dem suppose ban you for this racist statement

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by MANDIPUTIN: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
*Its time to convane National conference on Northern Ethnic minorities."
-Alex Mamchika Atta

https://www.nairaland.com/7174728/time-convane-national-conference-northern

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by christejames(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
2023 you will be shot back to oblivion

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Mariangeles(f): 1:42pm On Jun 12, 2022
christejames:
2023 you will be shot back to oblivion

Not when he has made so much impact in the lives of his people, and that is what matters most.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Jlow2: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Always looking for sympathy from his people, same pple he has kept in abject poverty, no promotion no employment, no gratuity and pension since 2015, all people there ancestral home was destroyed in the airport project nobody was compensated, always looking for how to create disharmony btw ebonyi and other Igbos, ebonyi and ohanaeze, just because he wants to be seen as saviour of ebonyi, this cards he is playing is for myopic brains

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by christejames(m): 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Not when he has made so much impact in the lives of his people, and that is what matters most.

Infrastructurally he did well...

Talk about Human Capital Development? He performed below average here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ecos(m): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
grin Fool wen u betrayed Ur people. This is what u get. An �️ for an �️. Useless man. Wen u where hobnobbing with those useless and evil party u think Ur doing us abi? Ohaneze don knack am 4 zero grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Crixxx: 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ohaneze don turn political now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Crixxx: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Na man you be,

Umahi, Okorocha, Ogbanaya and Pius Anyim all did their own, Same way Amaechi and Wike gave a good fight for Southern Presidency as well

Ohaneze Shit-Nboe only focused on Tinubu as if 10,000 Ohaneze can stop one Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Nigeria has two Alpha tribe

I: Fulanis the Alpha tribe of North and Arewa

II: Yorubas the Alpha tribe of Southern Nigeria

Alpha tribe wey 1 of their state is in captivity under Fulani caliphate, the other states are under lock and key and the rest Dy idp grin

Fulani wannabe
Fulani roar, slaves Dy bleat

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ewu, you sold your people for presidency! We are glad you failed beyond recognition.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by helinues: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
Toh
Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Conrod: 2:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
This man (umahi) that betrayed his people, now expects ndigbo to be as MALLEABLE as he chooses.....well,. you only have few months to disapear from the scene.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ebubu: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
x
Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Mooh247: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2022
Crixxx:

Alpha tribe wey 1 of their state is in captivity under Fulani caliphate, the other states are under lock and key and the rest Dy idp grin

Fulani wannabe
Fulani roar, slaves Dy bleat

Ibo trolls bore me with same stupid rhetorics

244 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Crixxx: 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mooh247:

Ibo troll bore me with same stupid rhetorics

grin injected into your bloodstream successfully. Bye grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by GreyLaw(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Jlow2:
Always looking for sympathy from his people, same pple he has kept in abject poverty, no promotion no employment, no gratuity and pension since 2015, all people there ancestral home was destroyed in the airport project nobody was compensated, always looking for how to create disharmony btw ebonyi and other Igbos, ebonyi and ohanaeze, just because he wants to be seen as saviour of ebonyi, this cards he is playing is for myopic brains

That man is a dictator. God forbid someone like him becomes leader of this country. Tinubu better pass am 1000 times.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ebubu: 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
Umahi, the rebellious governor that is aggressively changing the narrative of his people.
He continues to teach them to believe in themselves, and to think highly of themselves.

proudly Ebonyian

Anybody wey insult Ebonyi on this platform dey collect am from me woto woto from my 11 accounts

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ebubu: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
GreyLaw:

That man is a dictator. God forbid someone like him becomes leader of this country. Tinubu better pass am 1000 times.

if you like lament 100 times. no sitting governor in SE ranks higher than him. do your worst, Umahi is a national asset and must be guarded jealously from the ipigs

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by paramakina202: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
What role did Ohanaeze played in APC primaries?
Umahi always like to blame other Igbo states in any given opportunity.Why didn't your Norther friend vote for you?
Any all you SE political class are sellouts both the aspirants and party delegates.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ebubu: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
NetValueFX:
Ewu, you sold your people for presidency! We are glad you failed beyond recognition.
how did he sell his people ? by insisting Ebonyi is not Biafra ?

try a million times, Ebonyi will never ever be Biafra. Come around Ebonyi and shout it and you'll be dead before you smell the smoke gun.

Emotional things

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by Ebubu: 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
paramakina202:
What role did Ohanaeze played in APC primaries?
Umahi always like to blame other Igbo states in any given opportunity.Why didn't your Norther friend vote for you?
Any all you SE political class are sellouts both the aspirants and party delegates.

Ohaneze was asked to galvanize and lobby every APC delegate from all the SE states to vote only APC candidates from South East in primaries.

Guess what ? Ohaneze failed to do that. Other SE states claiming marginalization sold all their votes.

Okorocha had 0, Mrs Uju from Anambra collapsed her structure to Tinubu, Onu had 1 vote, Umahi took all the votes from Ebonyi.

Where did the Abia, Imo, Enugu and Anambra delegates go to ?

Amaechi and Tinubu. No political unity. Why cant you vote your region as other zones do ?

Ndi marginalization

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me by yanabasee(m): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Someone that talked down on his people because of the North... He went back to his vomit and expected it to be delicious...

29 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Things President Buhari's Administration Has So Far Achieved / IBB Confirms Statement Asking Buhari To Step Down, Any Other Info Is Fake - FFK / Umar Ganduje Speaks About Projects Commissioned After Bribery Allegation Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.