Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning (46964 Views)

Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Cmanforall: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Oh yeah!
My prediction worked!

Maybe Atiku has been reading my posts grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
We watching as things unfolds
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Goldenkrezi: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Obi na shaa my president

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Skillsnigeria: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Obyangel: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
grin

Okowa is better than Wike

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by buckeyemedia: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Afamsi:
Obi will win, Atiku will come 2nd, Tinubu 3rd
Maybe you have contributed to fund his election campaign? Na only mouth em get.

Stingy Miser like that cannot fund an election in 36 states & the Federal Capital Territory.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by emmyt2: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
My eyes don opens make I go wewe

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Zelenskyy(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa is far far better than Wike....

Wike comes with a lot of Baggage and can poison a sitting president just to take over.

Whatever financial war chest Wike is bragging with, Okowa has the same...

Okowa does not fight with fellow Governors. Wike has chased many out of the Party.

Atiku has made a decision that would give him rest of mind..

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by millionboi(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Wrong
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by victorazy(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Failed again!

Wrong!!!!!!
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Flier: 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
Lurdmax10:
Nyesom Wike will pull much crowd than Okowa ...
Wike is too dangerous to be a vice to anyone

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Antoeni(m): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2022
If This True, Then it’s a Big Error

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation is a secular society.
. How do you think Obi can win election with only southern vote? Wake up bro is not possible. I'm an Igbo but he can't win presidential election now

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by SarkinYarki: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku is not serious
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by cRobo: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2022
Beremx:
How did Okowa perform in Delta State? Any, he’s far better than Emperor Wike the incorrigible tyrant

Okowa is a disaster

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by LegalWolf: 10:32am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation is a secular society.

It is unfortunate that both parties excluded the SE from the presidency. It only makes sense if the 5 SE states vote massively for LP, although I personally think they won't win.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by hammer567: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2022
U SEE HOW WIKE TAKE OBIIGBO MASACRE DEMARKET HIMSELF?

THIS IS SOMEONE, WE ALL LOVED SO MUCH, BUT HE PLAYED POLITICS WITH PEOPLE LIVES.

NNAMDI KANU WAS ON AIR SHOUTING, BUT WIKE WAS DESPERATE TO SERVE PEOPLE THAT WILL NEVER VOTE HIM IN THE NORTH, WITH THE LIVES OF HIS OWN PEOPLE.

IT IS NEVER GOOD TO SPILL BLOOD, THE CONSEQUENCE ARE SUCH YOU CANNOT RUN AWAY FROM FACING.

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by JoshTim: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2022
Atiku wise gan, he knows that the votes coming from the south east will be meagree and nothing compared to south south. He chose to go with the south-south than with Igbos.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sukar886: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2022
That's good, thank God he didn't pick wike, peter obi all the way
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:
Atiku' s failure already started so quickly.

Another big blunder from the PDP.

Anyway, I am still gauging the political barometer, to see who, I will pitch my tent with.

Good to be back here.

Ok, now I know sey yar truth is unique. Abeg no vex wetin I talk earlier. I think sey you be another pesin. Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Awuvnaira: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Antoeni(m): 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Na person him go fit control nah. If Atiku mistakenly pick Wike, believe me that two of them fit fight in public because Wike no get ear

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sukar886: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022
JoshTim:
Atiku wise gan, he knows that the votes coming from the south east will be meagree and nothing compared to south south. He chose to go with the south-south than with Igbos.
Okowa no get surname...

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Advocate500: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.
your opinion, we that live in rivers state can't say same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by LegalWolf: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.

I haven't gone through the letter of the law but I guess this insightful. Will check it out. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by megamank(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2022
Beremx:
How did Okowa perform in Delta State? Any, he’s far better than Emperor Wike the incorrigible tyrant
I am a deltan and resides here... Wike is 10 times better than okowa in terms of governance and infrastructure... Delta state have nothing tangible to show for the pasted eight years... All projects done are fully substandard that doesn't cross one raining season... Come and check for your selve...

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2022
One criminal picks another crook as running mate!

I guess there are no saints in PDP!
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by preciousfeb(m): 10:36am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/537275-finally-pdp-presidential-candidate-atiku-abubakar-picks-running-mate.html

Hahahahaha. He made the best corruptible partner. Okowa that used 770B to run delta state government and pay salaries. May Okowa become what he did in delta state. This is my prayers for him

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by YelloweWest: 10:36am On Jun 16, 2022
I knew Atiku would never pick wike.
And that's the best choice because wike would have done to Atiku what he did to Ameachi

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Goodnigga: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation in a secular society.
But has PO chosen his VP? He is not even in the country and today is INEC deadline for submission. Other aspirants are in the country, he is in Egypt to study for what he has not even been elected to do

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by seunmsg(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.

Can you quote the relevant section of the new electoral act to back up this your claim?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

No Light, No Fuel: When Will This Suffering End? (photo) / Yobo, Pamela Peter-Vigboro At Ogoni Cleanup Event In Rivers State / Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.