Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning (46958 Views)

Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by YourRealFather: 11:03am On Jun 16, 2022
Successlane:

crowd from where?
Help me ask am o!
With Okowa watch how southeasterners will vote pdp
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by mamaafrik(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.
i just read the 27 pages book now, nothing of such there,why the lie
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by hammer567: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Okowa is the best political choice .. we need the igbo votes much more than Wike’s Rivers money..

The south south will naturally fall in line .. Edo stAte too..

A Wike would have me voting for Obi ..

Power to the people
North 2023

NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA IS THE SECRET WEAPON BUT PDP NO GET AM.

SHE WILL WIN ALL THE WOMEN VOTE IN BOTH SS AND SE AND SOME MEN WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Oplomo: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2022
Better than garrulous Wike.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by phccars: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/537275-finally-pdp-presidential-candidate-atiku-abubakar-picks-running-mate.html
Totally a wrong move, they should go for Wike if they want to win this election, Okowa is a weak link, not that he is not good, but not as VP. Nigeria has drastically change, its not like before that you look for a weak VP so that the President will not worry about being outshined by his Vice. PDP should should be thinking even beyond Atiku's time...
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:06am On Jun 16, 2022
Cajal:

What has christian president GEJ, OBJ done for Nigerians let alone CHRISTIANS
What has Muslim president PMB UMY..done for Nigerians let alone MUSLIMS
be deceiving yourself
Empower yourself and move one
God is ever with us

Nigeria is a fragile country with weak institutions. In fact, a Nigerian president even plays ping-pong with the so-called independent institution. It only makes sense that the major religions are fairly represented to avert the abuse of office.

Just imagine the number of Fulani herdsmen who have wiped out people from the surface of the earth, the military keeps arming them and not one of these killer herders Is prosecuted. I'm sure that would never be the case if a strong Christian was president.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:06am On Jun 16, 2022
ponishah:

What's so relevant about your essay?
It's just a composition.
I thought you were a mature and civilised person. I didn't know you just a garage wannabe

E dey so irrelevant, PDP NWC don photocopy and laminate am. The problem with people like you be sey you think sey all big men be fat buffoons wen no get sense. Na that be yar quicksand
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2022
hammer567:

SHE WILL WIN ALL THE WOMEN VOTE IN BOTH SS AND SE AND SOME MEN WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED.

You wan make CIA Ngozi leave WTO come Naija dey beg for votes. You funny O!
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Frigga13: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2022
DeleTaller:

sorry oooo abeg which state Okowa dey govern?

Delta state.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by emmykk(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

You didn't understand what I wrote, sir.

Read it again.

This time, do it slowly.

You are wrong in saying that Atiku was rugged enough to be giving Obasanjo problem that is a big lie.

Rather it was Obasanjo that victimized him or you were high on something when you were typing that
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by hammer567: 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

You want make CIA Ngozi leave WTO come Naija dey beg for votes. You funny O!

WHO DEM PUT SUGAR FOR MOUTH, HIM SAY NA SALT BETTER.

IS WTO NOT BETTER THAN NIGERIA PRESIDENCY?

THAT WOMAN, SUPPOSE BE OUR PRESIDENT, AFTER SHE FINISH WTO.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by yomi531(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity, they say, begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation in a secular society.
Christians are arguably the majority In this country oo . God go help
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by SecretReporter(f): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Okowa is the best political choice .. we need the igbo votes much more than Wike’s Rivers money..

The south south will naturally fall in line .. Edo stAte too..

A Wike would have me voting for Obi ..

Power to the people
North 2023
even delta state self okowa nor go fit deliver for PDP, wrong choice
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Frigga13: 11:09am On Jun 16, 2022
hammer567:

Will you leave that world position to contest for Vice President in an African country?
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by IamANigerianMan: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity, they say, begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation in a secular society.
Southern brothers have bretrayed entire christian in Nigeria
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by hammer567: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Will you leave that world position to contest for Vice President in an African country?

AFTER SHE FINSIH, WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD INVITE HER TO BE OUR PRESIDENT, LET US LEAVE ALL THIS TINUBU AND BUHARI LOOTERS AND GO FOR GOLD.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY NIGERIA WILL GET SO MUCH BETTER.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by YourRealFather: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2022
Duru009:
Relatively UNKNOWN okowa will be the biggest mistake PDP will make. Wike remaiins the best STRATEGY that CAN use to win the election.......
Na you get your mouth
You want wike that is fighting everybody to be the vp,
You forget say wetin dem go use campaign against am full everywhere,
What I'm I saying you might even be an opposition
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by ManirBK: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

pls who go be your vp?
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Davigor: 11:12am On Jun 16, 2022
Wike is the best bet for atiku if PDP are serious about winning the election
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Cyberterror: 11:13am On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa is a good choice. PDP is now getting serious. With Wike and Obi dropped, PDP looks manageable this time.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by wonderr(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

all I see is igbos twisting anything twistable to make Power shift to east recommending obi not because he's a saint but for tribal reasons
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by PassingShot(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.
Because he's a thug?
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by ppogba: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2022
My own is, with Okowa, Atiku has job to do in Delta.

Okowa is not on the same line with the political heavy weights in Delta. For example, the Ogidigboigbo himself amongst others.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by maasoap(m): 11:17am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.

Thanks so much. Very educative
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Kingozymandias(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.

Shut up

Do you know more than Waziri?

Go and sleep
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2022
embarassed tongue
Pakute:
Their VP their business. Obi and Atiku struggling for votes from the same pot.

Okowa is a Delta man, despite the fact he speak and understands Igbo language,
Asaba and the rest Igbo speaking tribe in Deita don't see them selves as Igbo,
Same thing with Rivers people (Ikwere) and the Igbo's in SE know this very well,
If you call an Ukwuani person (Igbo) they well tell you they are not Igbo's,
Even when they understand and speak some Igbo,
So, I don't see any competition here, Igbo vote is intact for PO.

#Takebacknigeria #getyourpvc #rescuenigeria
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by frenzzy2(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
You see the power of intelligence. Dem don already pick Wike until one of them see my thread. The sharp guy come give PDP NWC. After dem read am, dem drop Wike sharp sharp. Okowa suppose pay me money for my freelance work. Make Wike no vex. All of this na to once and for all destroy that old goat, bobo Chicago. APC Olodos don already dey call me. Dem wan beg me to stop. I no go pick their call. Dem go hear wehn.......

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election
okowa no fit pull crowd
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by mccoyelectric: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2022
Do u v a copy can u send to me on 09044280393

uote author=EnglandAmaka post=113850956] Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

[/quote]
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by juman(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2022
Okowa is bad governor.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2022
wonderr:
all I see is igbos twisting anything twistable to make Power shift to east recommending obi not because he's a saint but for tribal reasons

Peter Obi's candidacy goes beyond tribal sentiments. Every rational youth wants a working country they can proudly call their own. What's up with the Igbos becoming president? If a major tribe doesn't deserve to be president of their country, something is systematically wrong with that society.

FYI, the Paul Kagame we all praise today is from a minority in Rwanda, but he keeps winning elections back to back in his country. If not for those people in Rwanda and Ghana, I would conclude that black people are lesser humans. Those people don't think the way we think in this country. It's high time you grew beyond tribalism and opt for competence. That's called the greater good...
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by OderaOdesigo: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
You see the power of intelligence. Dem don already pick Wike until one of them see my thread. The sharp guy come give PDP NWC. After dem read am, dem drop Wike sharp sharp. Okowa suppose pay me money for my freelance work. Make Wike no vex. All of this na to once and for all destroy that old goat, bobo Chicago. APC Olodos don already dey call me. Dem wan beg me to stop. I no go pick their call. Dem go hear wehn.......

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election

This is why parents must train up their children and monitor them regularly to ensure they don’t get hooked on hard drugs. This one here ‘osinbajoisaliar’ is a basket case. So sad.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2022
frenzzy2:
okowa no fit pull crowd

Okowa and Atiku no need pull crowd. All dem need do na to highlight Tinubu as pariah candidate

Read my report to fully understand
https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election#113853293

And if you dey doubt my reputation. Then read my Pre-Tinubu primaries report

https://www.nairaland.com/7081485/ten-things-tinubu-win-2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout Amaechi's Suit To Red Summit Gala Night (Photos) / 160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West / President Buhari's Security Aides Spotted Outside Abuja House In London. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.