Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning (46961 Views)

Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by deeva2: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2022
Afamsi:
Obi will win, Atiku will come 2nd, Tinubu 3rd

I agreed, on twitter, facebook and nairaland.

You better wake up to reality.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by NamuNamumallam: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity, they say, begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation in a secular society.
south east votes will never deliver Obi like Buhari in 2003, 2007 and in 2011

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by jimtemi1: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:
I like this. I want the South East to massively vote for Obi. Charity, they say, begins at home.

Aside from Peter Obi being an excellent candidate, it's unfair for a Muslim to replace an outgoing Muslim as president.

I hope these people don't completely relegate Nigerian Christians to the background. Everyone deserves equal representation in a secular society.
is unfortunate most Nigerian's are not thinking the way you are, the most annoying part is that when they collect money and vote Tinubu or atiku, we go all suffer am together
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:26am On Jun 16, 2022
OderaOdesigo:

This is why parents must train up their children and monitor them regularly to ensure they don’t get hooked on hard drugs. This one here ‘osinbajoisaliar’ is a basket case. So sad.

Na this basketcase report Tinubu use take win primaries

https://www.nairaland.com/7081485/ten-things-tinubu-win-2023

So Tinubu, SWAGAless and even you be basketcase too
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Alba3: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2022
EnglandAmaka:
Going through the primaries, you will realise that the 109 senators and the 360 house of rep members never actually read through the new electoral amendment act.

They were just screaming, "Mr President sign! Sign! Sign!" without even knowing what they have sent to him to sign.
To sound elitist, a lot people kept disturbing our eyes and ears with .. "Muhammadu Buhari is scared of signing!".. what do you know was to be signed.. These lots never showed their constituencies!

From the selection of only delegates.. these funny politicians didn't even know when they wrote off their statutory delegates!

Like football coaches, it was their duty to inform their parties that the game has changed!

They don't even know when they nipped in what made the Yørúbas opt for another candidate other than Yemi Osibanjo, because a VP who has done 2 terms can now only do a one term as president.

This was where Ebele Goodluck Jonathan was seeking for clarification, to know if he is still eligible because, he has done VP that jumped into two terms and a one term President.

PDP has not told their supporters that by the new electoral laws, Atiku Abubakar can only do a one term, haven done 2 terms as VP.

The new law does not permit anyone who has contested for primaries in one party to skip to another for any position in the same election year. So the Mr.Peter Obi coming to PDP or NNPP Kwankwasiya teaming with Peter Obi is gone.

The law does not even permit that any of those that has contested for any position to take up any other in the same year.. so the story of Nyesom Wike or Yahaya Bello, being a VP is off for 2023 cos they can't aspire for president and VP in the same electoral year.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, Akpabio, Bagudu etc who have variously contested can not vie for senatorial position or Vice Presidency respectively..

In fact, the scenerio that made Atiku a VP can't happen again, where he won as governor and was later picked by Olusegun Obasanjo.

A beg as you are struggling to get your PVC, struggle to know the rules of the game! Go and read and understand the Electoral Laws.

Should we now conclude that PDP has no candidate in 2023 governaship election in Bauchi?
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Minjim: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

Hypocrite.

You want Peter Obi to be voted solely on competency but you won't accept a Muslim on same

This what some ppl don't know about this Peter Obi supporters. Most of them are Igbos who had called Yorubas and Hausa printable names. The only reason they're dshoutung Obi is cos he's Igbo and nothing more.
They now shouting competency as if Obi was not in Pdp some weeks ago

Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2022
deeva2:

I agreed, on twitter, facebook and nairaland.

You better wake up to reality.

Obi dey advertise himself to the powers that be. If 60% of the cabal see am as safe candidate. Obi go win election with landslide. The cabal go sharp sharp arrange cabinet, NASS and even Governors for am. But na den the Obi wen this people dey advertise go disappear. And another cabalised Obi go enter Aso Rock
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2022
NamuNamumallam:
south east votes will never deliver Obi like Buhari in 2003, 2007 and in 2011

I don't remember saying that.

I only said it's a good start.

Why would Peter Obi expect to be President if the region he comes from doesn't believe in him enough to vote for him?

Right here is the point I am making.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Ultimas: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2022
Hmm... finally, the south east is left in the limbo.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by bluebay(m): 11:29am On Jun 16, 2022
Fake news. I listened to the radio this morning . PDP governors and all settled for Wike as running mate . Not Okowa
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by bluebay(m): 11:30am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
You see the power of intelligence. Dem don already pick Wike until one of them see my thread. The sharp guy come give PDP NWC. After dem read am, dem drop Wike sharp sharp. Okowa suppose pay me money for my freelance work. Make Wike no vex. All of this na to once and for all destroy that old goat, bobo Chicago. APC Olodos don already dey call me. Dem wan beg me to stop. I no go pick their call. Dem go hear wehn.......
They picked Wike

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2022
bluebay:
Fake news. I listened to the radio this morning . PDP governors and all settled for Wike as running mate . Not Okowa

Anything possible for politics. The Governors fit want Wike, but my report dey with the PDP NWC and dem wan use am as guidelines

Read am to understand

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election#113853293
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Frigga13: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2022
hammer567:

AFTER SHE FINSIH, WE THE PEOPLE SHOULD INVITE HER TO BE OUR PRESIDENT, LET US LEAVE ALL THIS TINUBU AND BUHARI LOOTERS AND GO FOR GOLD.

THIS IS THE ONLY WAY NIGERIA WILL GET SO MUCH BETTER.

Okonjo will do worst

Nigeria don’t need messiah

Nigeria need to be restructured
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by ponishah: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

Wike is a rugged politician who doesn't even hide his true colours.

Nobody can pick him as a running mate because he can actually set up your assassination and take over your office.

Obasanjo's experience with Atiku is enough lesson for all of them.
Wike is not as powerful as you guys think, how strong and loud was Wike when he was a minister
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2022
Minjim:

Hypocrite.

You want Peter Obi to be voted solely on competency but you won't accept a Muslim on same

All regions and religious strata have qualified people and deserve equal representation. I just had to rework that to make it easy for you to understand. There's no hypocrisy in the comment.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by kelvinginzie: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:
Atiku' s failure already started so quickly.

Another big blunder from the PDP.

Anyway, I am still gauging the political barometer, to see who, I will pitch my tent with.

Good to be back here.

Who would aatiku have picked?
Wait are you still an Apc supporter or you are now non partisan
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:32am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
You see the power of intelligence. Dem don already pick Wike until one of them see my thread. The sharp guy come give PDP NWC. After dem read am, dem drop Wike sharp sharp. Okowa suppose pay me money for my freelance work. Make Wike no vex. All of this na to once and for all destroy that old goat, bobo Chicago. APC Olodos don already dey call me. Dem wan beg me to stop. I no go pick their call. Dem go hear wehn.......

https://www.nairaland.com/7176889/how-atiku-win-election
why are you like this grin
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Athemisia: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2022
Beremx:
How did Okowa perform in Delta State? Anyway, he’s far better than Emperor Wike the incorrigible tyrant
That tyranny behavior is what we need to challenge the northerners not all this sleepy Joe we keep Fielding from the south.

#ManLikeWike
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by ponishah: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

E dey so irrelevant, PDP NWC don photocopy and laminate am. The problem with people like you be sey you think sey all big men be fat buffoons wen no get sense. Na that be yar quicksand
More irrelevant than I thought
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Minjim: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2022
sonature1:

All regions and religious strata have qualified people and deserve equal representation. I just had to rework that to make it easy for you to understand. There's no hypocrisy in the comment.

Apc will choose a candidate from the North that'll pull the needed votes regardless of his/ her religion
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by 4ckyou: 11:33am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.

they are not serious, okowa doesn't have any base in South South, he doesn't have supporters too, PDP is not ready
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Duru009(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2022
YourRealFather:

Na you get your mouth
You want wike that is fighting everybody to be the vp,
You forget say wetin dem go use campaign against am full everywhere,
What I'm I saying you might even be an opposition

How do you want to win a NATIONAL election with relatively UNKNOWN person without a good structure. WIKE remaind PDP strong candidate for VP atleast he contested the Presidential primary but narrowly came second.....
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:34am On Jun 16, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
why are you like this grin
Read my pre-Tinubu primaries report to know why
https://www.nairaland.com/7081485/ten-things-tinubu-win-2023
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by 4ckyou: 11:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Frigga13:

Okowa is the best political choice .. we need the igbo votes much more than Wike’s Rivers money..

The south south will naturally fall in line .. Edo stAte too..

A Wike would have me voting for Obi ..

Power to the people
North 2023

you don't know what you are saying
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2022
ponishah:

Wike is not as powerful as you guys think, how strong and loud was Wike when he was a minister

Wike was a minister who fought Amaechi and gave him a tough time. Against the popular notion that power will go to riverine people, Wike took over and defeated Amaechi's Peterside who comes from the riverine.

Ever since, Wike has become a governor, acquiring more money, more followers and more power. So, you cannot compare Wike as governor with the old Wike as minister. Underestimate Wike at your own peril.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Sharz: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2022
Congratulations my able Governor, we move eeeeeeee PDP all the way
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Sufferingboy(f): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:

Gbam, okowa is a typical Agbor man, very cunning set of people

Keep your mouth shut, insult Okowa if you want.Leave Agbor people out of this.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Marine25ak: 11:35am On Jun 16, 2022
PDP HAS FINALLY BURIED ITSELF BY ITSELF
WIKE WOULD HAVE PULLED MORE STRINGS FOR THE PARTY. AND LOOKING AT HIS LONG STANDIND LOYALTY TO THE PARTY, HE DESERVES TO EVEN BE THE PARTY'S PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE AHEAD OF ATIKU.
RIP PDP
WE ARE FULY OBIDIENT LABOURERS
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by sonature1: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2022
Minjim:

Apc will choose a candidate from the North that'll pull the needed votes regardless of his/ her religion

It's their call.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by tshtsh: 11:36am On Jun 16, 2022
AntonVince:
With due respect to the person of Okowa, I think Wike is the PDP's best bet if they're truly desirous of dethroning the APC.
Too many people in PDP dislike wike. In life having a good character will place you ahead of others. Wike has a bad character he insults people at will and talks anyhow. Most people around him are there because he control the rivers state funds. Take him out of government house and you’ll see an isolated individual. A good number of people left PDP because of him. He was funding the party and became the kingmaker. It was his bad character that made leaders of the party to gang up and support atiku despite the amount of money wike spent. In his south south zone Okowa and obaseki worked for Atiku in the primaries . Udom did not support wike. Likes of Donald duke are hungry are probably supported Wike in exchange of cash.
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by osinbanjoisaliar: 11:37am On Jun 16, 2022
ponishah:

More irrelevant than I thought

I know yar type. You dey fear. How small pesin like me fit influence two powerful political partiees. If I fit influence deir decisions, wetin I go con do if yar candidate no impress me. No worry, ehn, jus pray sey whoever you support no be mumu to me. If not, that candidate na goner
Re: Atiku Picks Okowa As VP Candidate, Will Present Him This Morning by Vadese1: 11:37am On Jun 16, 2022
Nice one. Wike is too rude. Not too mature for national politics. Beside the ss or se would have work against wike wish Atiku selected him. None of the governors in the ss is in good terms with him. Atiku/okowa is a winning ticket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Debate (Live Update) / Hope Uzodinma Deals With Rochas Okorocha On Imo APC Campaign Poster / Charles Nengite Graduates From U.S War College As Best With 6 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.