Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

"love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? (5681 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / What Does It Mean To Be In An Open Relationship? / What Exactly Does Those Beautiful 9ja Girls Want From Dating Sites. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Meddler(f): 11:13pm On Jul 21, 2011
I'm a bit baffled when I hear married men insist that they love and respect their wives and yet still have a "girlfriend" on the side. How can you love and respect your partner when you are intentionally and knowingly doing something that will hurt them. And please don't tell me they will never find out b'cos they will unless if they insist of playing dumb
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by BABE3: 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2011
"R- to the-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me" Aretha Franklin.  grin
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Meddler(f): 11:34pm On Jul 21, 2011
BABE!:

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me" Aretha Franklin. grin
LMAO!!! I luv that song!
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Fulllips(f): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2011
Well according to my new found friend Claremont "love" doesn't exist, and intrinsically to his own theory neither does "respect". So you're wasting your time with both LOL
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Mynd44: 4:54am On Jul 22, 2011
Well if LOVE does not exists, then I guess the only thing left to do in life is to nyash
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by MrsChima(f): 5:04am On Jul 22, 2011
Love and respect usually go hand in hand with each other. However some people have different definition of love and respect so it varies overall respect is similar to reverend or yield to the person's feelings, well-beings, emotions, and environment.

You can dislike someone but still respects them. So again, it varies from person to person.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by pendo89(f): 7:08am On Jul 22, 2011
@
Stop getting baffled.You will understand better what they mean when you marry I guess.
They love and respect their wives but use and dump their sidedishes.
That's what they will tell you. undecided
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by claremont(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2011
Meddler:

I'm a bit baffled when I hear married men insist that they love and respect their wives and yet still have a "girlfriend" on the side. How can you love and respect your partner when you are intentionally and knowingly doing something that will hurt them. And please don't tell me they will never find out b'cos they will unless if they insist of playing dumb
angry angry angry
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by LongOne1(m): 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
Cheating on your wife doesn't mean you don't love or respect her. Some men are naturally irresponsible and addicted to taking such risks.

I guess, Poo. just happens
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by iice(f): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Love and respect usually go hand in hand with each other. However some people have different definition of love and respect so it varies overall respect is similar to reverend or yield to the person's feelings, well-beings, emotions, and environment.

You can dislike someone but still respects them. So again, it varies from person to person.

Ding!
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by corona46(f): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2011
Love and respect in a relationship is very difficult to reach. You have to earn respect. Love you get for free.
Respect means the interaction between two persons takes place on the same level.
In your example I m about to think the men mean their wives have to be submissive. The men themselves respect neither their wives nor their girlfriends.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Goldieluks: 7:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

end of!
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Phate07(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2011
Both love and respect can be lost so fast, you wont know what hit you.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Goldieluks: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

Both love and respect can be lost so fast, you wont know what hit you.

off topic. undecided
you don't buy respect,you earn it.
when you love someone,you don't want to see them getting hurt,you do not cheat on them,either.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Phate07(m): 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2011

^^How is offtopic?
Topic says 'Respect and love? What do they mean to you?' And i was definitely on topic.

Sweets when last did you profess your undying love and respect for me?
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Goldieluks: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

^^How is offtopic?
Topic says 'Respect and love? What do they mean to you?' And i was definitely on topic.

Sweets when last did you profess your undying love and respect for me?

the time you decided to elope with that ugly girl friend of yours. cry undecided
you weren't on topic sweets. cheesy
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Phate07(m): 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
Goldieluks:

the time you decided to elope with that ugly girl friend of yours. cry undecided
you weren't on topic sweets. cheesy

Okay sweets, i promise not to play away march again. kiss kiss
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Goldieluks: 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

Okay sweets, i promise not to play away march again. kiss kiss

You always make empty promises,typical. undecided kiss
check your yim,ive sent in my list of things i want from the shopping spree. cool
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Phate07(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
Seen the list and attended to it.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Goldieluks: 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
ok undecided
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by Meddler(f): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

at the bolded part I agree with you. But can you truly love someone and still want to see them get hurt? regardless of how you define love it is still a universal emotion. No one ever wants to see a loved one get hurt.

I guess my main problem is with the way Nigerians throw around that word "love" like water. Using it and feeling it are two different things.
Re: "love" And "respect": What Does Those Two Words Mean To You? by MrsChima(f): 11:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
Meddler:

at the bolded part I agree with you. But can you truly love someone and still want to see them get hurt? regardless of how you define love it is still a universal emotion. No one ever wants to see a loved one get hurt.

I guess my main problem is with the way Nigerians throw around that word "love" like water. Using it and feeling it are two different things.

Referring to Nigerians throwing the word love around. Not only Nigerian men uses the world freely but Black Americans men uses it too.

(1) (Reply)

A Common Picture Caused My Break Up With This Guy / Describe Your Ex In One Word / What Will U Do If U Have Already Held This Babes Hand To Toast Her (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.