Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living (22810 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by PawPaw3(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2007
@Iyke-D
Where did I say you should praise naija willy nilly? Abeg show me the quote.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Imani(f): 10:51pm On Aug 16, 2007
Paw-Paw:

@Imani
You see me, I don't care the work you're doing ok. As long as you critisize naija like a reasonable person. The people wey I no like na this busy body "omoge" wey dey say God bless America every time, and then berate naija for poverty. What has she done for nothing, does naija owe her anything no.

Nigeria doesnt "owe" it's citizens anything. A nation merely reflects the "thinking" capacity or productivity of its people. Not a lot of contries are blessed with the amount of resources we have, but they can probably manage what we have better than ourselves.

Nigeria, however, is a case of some people really working so hard but with nothing to show for it because the system doesnt encourage productivity. Lets be honest, the system is being ruined by corruption, therefore it is hard to differentiate those that make their money through sheer hardwork and those that "stole" their wealth.

Some Nigerians have very poor work ethics and it is manifested sometimes over here as well. Some people dont seem to realise, that it is not only the government that is responsible for the wellbeing of the country, we the citizens are. The government workers, are the worst in this regard. I was in Nigeria recently and visited a government organisation, and saw a lot of so called government workers just time wasting on the job. This attitude is very prevalent. Maybe the government is not motivating them enough enough in terms of pay package. However, this mentality of not giving our best in most things we do, has led to the steady decline the country has witnessed in recent years.

Yes, we should criticize our country constructively, even the so called developed countries do likewise. Why should Nigeria be different?.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by wendymanda: 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2007
Paw Paw you claim than Nigerians abroad criticize unduly. What criticism is undue, no lights, no roads, no water, corrupt government? What about these are criticism are untrue? Nigerians at home complain about these things two, the fact that someone criticizes something about there country does not show disloyalty because you have to love your country enough to criticize.
Are you only angry at the shit packers that criticize or all Nigerians abroad?
Are you doing anything to change what people are criticizing about are you just ranting unnecessarily ?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by doyin13(m): 11:09pm On Aug 16, 2007
Wendy manda. You must have stabbed at your keyboard while typing that.

And they doubt your loyalty to your country/

sad
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Imani(f): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2007
wendymanda:

Paw Paw you claim than Nigerians abroad criticize unduly. What criticism is undue, no lights, no roads, no water, corrupt government? What about these are criticism are untrue? Nigerians at home complain about these things two, the fact that someone criticizes something about there country does not show disloyalty because you have to love your country enough to criticize.
Are you only angry at the shit packers that criticize or all Nigerians abroad?
Are you doing anything to change what people are criticizing about are you just ranting unnecessarily ?

I forgot to add that basic amenities are missing in Nigeria. Most people dont even have running water or electricity without supplying themselves. . .something that should be the domain of the government. Of course, the government is busy pocketing the money so people are in darkness all the time. The same government officials who will then send thier kids to the best schools abroad  . .  with the nations money.

and so on and so forth.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by k0be: 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2007
Nigeria doesnt "owe" it's citizens anything.
this statement couldn't be more false. it makes me blench

ask not only what you can do for your country, but also what your country can do for you.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by IykeD1(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2007

@Iyke-D
Where did I say you should praise naija willy nilly? Abeg show me the quote.

@Paw Paw

Would it not have saved all of us precious time and avoid the bad blood if you
had compiled a list of the "God Bless Americans" Nigerians that are always bad
mouthing Nigeria and has nothing positive to say, as supposed to lumping all in
the Diaspora?

I also see your handwork on another thread where you are canvassing for those
Nigerians who have naturalized to cease being citizens of Nigeria - it seems you
have some agenda or some serious personal grudge with those in the diaspora.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2007
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Uche2nna(m): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2007
So babyO , U too don change allegiance.
Wait till Aki and pawpaw catch U grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 17, 2007
Igbos say "ebe onye bi ka o n'awachi"
where one lives is where he can truly call his dwelling place.

I love Naija but America has been good to me,I love her too.
I carry my American passport proudly no matter what the devil might say grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by tpia: 1:29am On Aug 17, 2007
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by k0be: 1:30am On Aug 17, 2007
Igbos say "ebe onye bi ka o n'awachi"
where one lives is where he can truly call his dwelling place.
shishi  i beg to differ
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by k0be: 1:31am On Aug 17, 2007
paw-paw, why the resentment against NIDs
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by BABEELOVE(f): 6:26am On Aug 17, 2007
Please paw paw!!!  No vex abeg!  Even me dey pity you.  Looks like you like all this "gang" attention from shit packers.  After seeing your motor-mouth here in action, I know you will not stop fighting even if we invite you to come and pack shit with us.  Please--------- e don do.  You can never win a gang of Nairalanders who are against you.  Please let us pack our shit and you can swallow yours even where "undigested"----- we can all deal with this "shit" business to the betterment of all Nigerians.  Oh boy --- you don try.  You get power!!!! You have fought gallantly and no winner, no vanquished!!! Please rest! Fellow shit packers, make una leave am.  grin

are you denex? shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by adconline(m): 6:42am On Aug 17, 2007
e be like say dey deny this guy American visa. A street beggar in New York can be treated of any illness once medical emergencies are called unlike your president who had to endure pains for 6 hours in his flight to abroad for medical treatment. Who is richer ?

By the way, I clean street and yansh here and take care of my siblings and their education. U got any problem with that? Monkey no fine, but im mama like am. If you say Sprite not be shack make you try pure water. NONSENSE.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by BABEELOVE(f): 7:19am On Aug 17, 2007
wahala!!! E do oooooooooooooooh!!! grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Uche2nna(m): 7:36am On Aug 17, 2007
Our nite shift has just begun grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by BABEELOVE(f): 7:46am On Aug 17, 2007
I see lover boy!!! Missed "our" date!!! Working tonight!!! So have to breeze in and out of Nairaland for the next 4 hours!!! How Ur Y'eee?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Uche2nna(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2007
it was Ok. How 'bout urs?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by BABEELOVE(f): 7:51am On Aug 17, 2007
Meet me in las vegas! wink
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Uche2nna(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2007
U know wat goes on in vegas. So U beta be ready wink No long thin' tongue
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Sijien(m): 8:10am On Aug 17, 2007
Imani:

Nigeria doesnt "owe" it's citizens anything. A nation merely reflects the "thinking" capacity or productivity of its people. Not a lot of contries are blessed with the amount of resources we have, but they can probably manage what we have better than ourselves.

Nigeria, however, is a case of some people really working so hard but with nothing to show for it because the system doesnt encourage productivity. Lets be honest, the system is being ruined by corruption, therefore it is hard to differentiate those that make their money through sheer hardwork and those that "stole" their wealth.

Some Nigerians have very poor work ethics and it is manifested sometimes over here as well. Some people don't seem to realise, that it is not only the government that is responsible for the wellbeing of the country, we the citizens are. The government workers, are the worst in this regard. I was in Nigeria recently and visited a government organisation, and saw a lot of so called government workers just time wasting on the job. This attitude is very prevalent. Maybe the government is not motivating them enough enough in terms of pay package. However, this mentality of not giving our best in most things we do, has led to the steady decline the country has witnessed in recent years.

Yes, we should criticize our country constructively, even the so called developed countries do likewise. Why should Nigeria be different?.

KPOM!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by PTH(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2007
@ Imani
lol, it is only in Nigeria that i hear the absurdity that the nation does not owe its citizens anything. The same citizens who pay taxes to the government?
Of what use is a nation when it cannot protect its citizens and does not "owe" them anything?
Even foreign countries treat illegal aliens far better than Nigeria treats its citizens and we are here helping to perpetuate the aberation that Nigerian governments abdicate their civic responsibility.

- Nigerian workers have a poor work ethic? Could it be because the harder they work the smaller pay they get? Some that are unlucky go months without pay and you expect them to put in the same amount of work as the average English man? We had a far better work ethic before 1979, Nigerians in foreign countries are largely hardworking so we can safely conclude that Nigerians are not lazy.

Would you work 16 hr shifts if you get payed just enough to feed for 2 days while your boss who does no stroke of work has bank accounts in Switzerland? Enough of just blaming the people!! We have been made scapegoats for irresponsible leadership for too long!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2007
@PAW PAW,
So, u don go bribe POLICE, dem come let you out of prison.
Now you don turn manufacturer. u no bi CENTRAL BANK GOVERNOR again.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Sijien(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2007
PTH:

@ Imani
lol, it is only in Nigeria that i hear the absurdity that the nation does not owe its citizens anything. The same citizens who pay taxes to the government?
Of what use is a nation when it cannot protect its citizens and does not "owe" them anything?
Even foreign countries treat illegal aliens far better than Nigeria treats its citizens and we are here helping to perpetuate the aberation that Nigerian governments abdicate their civic responsibility.

- Nigerian workers have a poor work ethic? Could it be because the harder they work the smaller pay they get? Some that are unlucky go months without pay and you expect them to put in the same amount of work as the average English man? We had a far better work ethic before 1979, Nigerians in foreign countries are largely hardworking so we can safely conclude that Nigerians are not lazy.

Would you work 16 hr shifts if you get payed just enough to feed for 2 days while your boss who does no stroke of work has bank accounts in Switzerland? Enough of just blaming the people!! We have been made scapegoats for irresponsible leadership for too long!

liar!

it was not a 9ja person that said ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2007
@PAW PAW,
ha ahahahahahaaaaaaa,
PAW PAW, police just let u go now now.
U don go employ more 50THIEVES,.
Soooo!!!, u get even branch for Warri. ok!!1, na now i know why innocent warri citizens no dey sleep for Night.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by jaso1(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2007
@ pawpaw
If you are agitating on anything make it explicable. you seem to be frustrated with your comments, why are you confused and so striving for more intimate calibre in your world: its unfair, even if you have hatred for someone in US, you should at least make a decency in your complaint than to discourage others who might have had a dream of being in US. if you have somebody packing a shit to sustain a living what is your wrath?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by mellow(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Imani

I don't think I would have put like that if I were you.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by laudate: 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2007
Imani:Yesterday at 10:51:05 PM:

A nation merely reflects the "thinking" capacity or productivity of its people. Not a lot of contries are blessed with the amount of resources we have, but they can probably manage what we have better than ourselves.

Some Nigerians have very poor work ethics and it is manifested sometimes over here as well. Some people don't seem to realise, that it is not only the government that is responsible for the wellbeing of the country, we the citizens are. The government workers, are the worst in this regard. I was in Nigeria recently and visited a government organisation, and saw a lot of so called government workers just time wasting on the job. This attitude is very prevalent. Maybe the government is not motivating them enough enough in terms of pay package. However, this mentality of not giving our best in most things we do, has led to the steady decline the country has witnessed in recent years.

Thank you. Most of the time, (not all) people get the kind of leader they deserve.

Everyone keeps blaming leadership. If the best leader is elected, and his followers are ruthless brigands, devious rogues, lazy drones, unimaginative, unmanageable, sheepish clods etc., tell me what kind of magic can such a leader perform with the calibre of followers he has? Even if he puts in the best kind of laws to sanitise the system, who are those that will implement or administer such laws and make them effective? Are they not his followers?

It also works the other way round, too. A perfect followership with the worst kind of leadership, will not go far. But the only advantage is that - a determined, focused followership that knows what needs to be done, can always take charge of their affairs and hold the leadership accountable, for performing to set standards or even change such leadership, (if they have the means and wherewithal to do so) by installing one that meets their criteria, or can perform to their expectation.

It takes two to tango, people.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by eagleu: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2007
@poster

what's your beef?

You were either denied visa, deported, or placed on a no-wanted list.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by BlackMamba(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2007
I wish it wasn't true, to please dear folks that live in patriotic delusion, but Naija remains in deep shit that keep rising to our collective necks. But I still love Naija. Hey, shit happens. Everyone thinks their mother's soup is the best, abi.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Carry Sh*t For A Living by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2007
I'll rather change  xtra xtra large adult  diapers at Sunrise Nursing home in Chatanooga Tennessee than do it at Enugu old peoples home grin.

All dodoos are not equal, ma people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

7 Types Of People You Meet On An Airplane / 600 Nigerians Stranded In Saudi Arabia Call For Help To Return (Dailytrust) / Terrible Accident Along Abraka/Agbor Expressway Delta(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.