Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Any Hope For The Next Generation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For The Next Generation? (2187 Views)

Any Hope On This My Lady!!! / Any Hope For Me At 25? Even Pimple I No Get, Talkless Of Beards...(with Photos) / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
I brought this here to weigh public opinion of like minds.
I'd make this really brief..

its highly disturbing to say the least, that 95% of kids born from 1997 till date in Nigeria are just something else. They're 'highly' low on morals, they're very dull(very low I.Q), almost always on drugs and alcohol, unclad dressing, very disrespectful and disregarding to elders, almost always violent, have a wrong perception about life, vulgar words, these just to mention a few.

Now, I'm a highly principled man, in my time I dare not greet an elder looking at their eyeball or even talk back a them, I don't even stay out late(not that it was enforced but my environment just put me in line)..

The parents and peer group influence in my opinion is solely responsible for this turn-out.

I was at the mall a couple of days ago, on my way out I encountered a cluster of young girls beckoning on me, dresses half naked, there was another cluster at the other side of the road standing(some dancing), this was on a Wednesday evening! Not even to mention the males, those ones are the most useless! go to any Pharmacy, you'd always encounter a cluster of young boys lining up to buy drugs of all sorts, their jean is always on their thighs, always paranoid, oozing and looking unkept!

Sadly, the above mentioned is not really what bleeds my heart, the thought of drug users and semi-prostitutes raising children for the next generation is my challenge! Children getting married to fellow children is now the norm, every body is rushing.. I'm 30 plus and still not married because I'm still being extremely cautious, while a 23year old is saying he wants to get married oh, all his guys are'..

What would the product of such union be, A UNION OF TWO PEOPLE SO LOW ON MORALS?? if this generation is this bad, then I really fear for the next..!

Fellow Elders in the house, what can be done to remedy this issue?
Children in the house, what exactly is your problem??

MODS, if you like don't do the needful..
CC; SEUN
MYND44
LALASTICLALA

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
God grant us all wisdom!
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:
Hello Nairalanders,

CC; SEUN
MYND44
LALASTICLALA

Parents and aspiring parents, please train your children well and provide for them by all means.
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by SKhanmi: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
We're supposed to be in the endtimes right? Focus on what you can control. The rest is frankly none of your business.

10 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Uzomacharles: 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
Well Principled man will always mind his business....

But you're saying the truth but 40% lies...Not all youths or teen are the same as others...

There's always a good fruit

5 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2022
SKhanmi:
We're supposed to be in the endtimes right? Focus on what you can control. The rest is frankly none of your business.

who told you anything about endtime
in year 2000 we was told the world is ending on 6th June.
Same in year 2006
This is 2022, 22 and 16 years later, respectively.
Use your head!

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Well Principled man will always mind his business....

But you're saying the truth but 40% lies...Not all youths or teen are the same as others...

There's always a good fruit
where did you see me say all, or you don't know what 95% means.

use your head!
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
This man funny ooo grin

Oga no dey bother yourself about wetin you no fit change.
Allow people to do what they want.
There are still good people out there, no be only you and elders dey well principled.
If u no like am here, oya fly to another country.

We no go even know say person don fly commot sef. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by SKhanmi: 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:

who told you anything about endtime
in year 2000 we was told the world is ending on 6th June.
Same in year 2006
This is 2022, 22 and 16 years later, respectively.
Use your head!

Not interested in dates. And I'm not a religious adherent either.

Face the facts, our current civilization is on its natural downward trend which isn't suprising considering preceding factors. I laugh whenever I see folks like you, it shows most people aren't cognizant with history or believe their so called holy books.

You either go with the flow or protect yourself and your immediate family against it the best way you can.

What you're currently doing is looking down from a high horse thinking you're any different.

It'll be ironic if you later end up marrying an undercover jezebel and your children end up turning out the same way. Life has a way of dealing with sanctimonious so called principled men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Beebah2000:
This man funny ooo grin

Oga no dey bother yourself about wetin you no fit change.
Allow people to do what they want.
There are still good people out there, no be only you and elders dey well principled.
If u no like am here, oya fly to another country.

We no go even know say person don fly commot sef. undecided
allow people to do what they want and end up wasting their youth and tarnishing the image of the country..
Do you know in 20 years time, most of the boys who do drugs now, will be either dead or stark raving mad? do you know in 10years time, most of the girls who sell their bodies now, would have no womb as a result of multiple abortions or have very deadly STD's?? well i guess you don't.

whatever is man-made can be changed..
your post simply revealed your age.

Please, retrace your steps..
use your head.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Uzomacharles: 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:
where did you see me say all, or you don't know what 95% means.
use your head!

Things you see at your area doesn't mean that's how life is in Nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
SKhanmi:

Not interested in dates. And I'm not a religious adherent either.

Face the facts, our current civilization is on its natural downward trend which isn't suprising considering preceding factors. I laugh whenever I see folks like you, it shows most people aren't cognizant with history or believe their so called holy books.

You either go with the flow or protect yourself and your immediate family against it the best way you can.

What you're currently doing is looking down from a high horse thinking you're any different.

It'll be ironic if you later end up marrying an undercover jezebel and your children end up turning out the same way. Life has a way of dealing with sanctimonious so called principled men.
read the gibberish you just wrote.
what has civilization got to do with immorality?
you're not wise, not even one bit!
Please Sir, kindly exit the thread, as you've no meaningful addition.
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Lifeomann(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
. Sir, not all the children but mostly.
. Any way, things will continue to get worse as time goes.
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
Uzomacharles:

Things you see at your area doesn't mean that's how life is in Nigeria.....

Hello Sir,
I've lived in 8 states in Nigeria at one time or the other, and I've touched on 9 more.
besides, social media is your friend.

Why every is trying to conceal the truth, even when its staring us in the face is what I cannot phantom!
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lifeomann:

. Sir, not all the children but mostly.
. Any way, things will continue to get worse as time goes.
why does every one keep skipping the 95% I wrote, or should I bolden it? I didn't say all!

And yeah, you're right. If something drastic is not done, sadly, things would deteriorate badly..

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Lifeomann(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:

why does every one keep skipping the 95% I wrote, or should I bolden it? I didn't say all!

And yeah, you're right. If something drastic is not done, sadly, things would deteriorate badly..
kids of today are very smart, especially in this jet age. We can only do our best and leave the rest!
no offence!
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2022
Lifeomann:

kids of today are very smart, especially in this jet age. We can only do our best and leave the rest!
no offence!
they're smart in the wrong things, like scamming and hacking et al..
But not wise, for example, a wise kid wouldn't do drugs, knowing it has grave repercussions on his/her health.

And I've noticed that Nigerians are highly irresponsible, always saying, let's do our best and 'leave the rest'.. leave the rest for who?? We can fix this anomaly if we come together!

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Lifeomann(m): 2:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:

they're smart in the wrong things, like scamming and hacking et al..
But not wise, for example, a wise kid wouldn't do drugs, knowing it has grave repercussions on his/her health.

And I've noticed that Nigerians are highly irresponsible, always saying let's d and best and 'leave the rest'.. leave the rest for who?? We can fix this anomaly if we come together!
. YES SIR
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Maverick777:

allow people to do what they want and end up wasting their youth and tarnishing the image of the country..
Do you know in 20 years time, most of the boys who do drugs now, will be either dead or stark raving mad? do you know in 10years time, most of the girls who sell their bodies now, would have no womb as a result of multiple abortions or have very deadly STD's?? well i guess you don't.

whatever is man-made can be changed..
your post simply revealed your age.

Please, retrace your steps..
use your head.
oya, how many years I dey?? grin

You think say them no no the difference between good and bad??

You think say guys way dey take hard drugs no no the effects?
You think say girls way dey do prostitution no no the results?

All of them know wetin them dey do. That's why I say Allow people to do what they want.

If u no fit mind your business, then go and advice them na.
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Fairview1: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2022
The matter tire me my brother. It feels like we are thinking the same line of thoughts.

As much as I believe in something called moral relativism, I still believe that the moral decadence in our society is strongly rooted in the proliferation of social media and the irregularities from the regulatory agencies of the media and entertainment sector.

We can as well see how information fly with the speed of light. A Lady called Kelly Bardie or whatever she's called twerked from a hotel room in Dubai and share the video on TikTok, two days later, you see thousands of other Nigerians ladies copying here style.

I think the agency incharge of media content management should stop claiming that those are meant to entertain the public. They are killing the future leaders, rendering many lives useless and also encouraging several odd lifestyles.

In church, many pastors have stopped preaching against premarital sex, parents now encourage abortions just to save themselves from public shames and as abortion pills market demand is highly on the increase, infant mortality rate is on the increase as well, and the list goes on and on.

Family is the pillar of every strong society and should be encouraged by their pastors, imams etc to keep strengthening the members on how to raise Godly children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Maverick777: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fairview1:
The matter tire me my brother. It feels like we are thinking the same line of thoughts.

As much as I believe in something called moral relativism, I still believe that the moral decadence in our society is strongly rooted in the proliferation of social media and the irregularities from the regulatory agencies of the media and entertainment sector.

We can as well see how information fly with the speed of light. A Lady called Kelly Bardie or whatever she's called twerked from a hotel room in Dubai and share the video on TikTok, two days later, you see thousands of other Nigerians ladies copying here style.

I think the agency incharge of media content management should stop claiming that those are meant to entertain the public. They are killing the future leaders, rendering many lives useless and also encouraging several odd lifestyles.

In church, many pastors have stopped preaching against premarital sex, parents now encourage abortions just to save themselves from public shames and as abortion pills market demand is highly on the increase, infant mortality rate is on the increase as well, and the list goes on and on.

Family is the pillar of every strong society and should be encouraged by their pastors, imams etc to keep strengthening the members on how to raise Godly children.
Thank you Sir.
Its easy to know an enlightened and wise mind from their words.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by amidel(m): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
BRB
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
No hope
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Dreadlock69(m): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Mind your business

No be everybody dey go heaven
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Nonexisting: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
I used to worry about the future generation but not anymore. I will be watching the entertainment from my grave while smoking my cigar.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Odebayo4010(m): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2022
Your Post Touch My Soul,Most NIGERIANS were Criminal in Nature, People Were Now Glorify Stupidity Especially Parents,Na Wa For this Country Oh
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by FREEBNB: 9:35pm On Jun 17, 2022
oga go sleep jor u just dey talk nonsense. alot of people at 20+ don build their life so why can't they get married. me @27/28 I'm getting married. go check White's 20+ are getting married. if u get money marry early so you can see your great grand children... na only poor man dey reason like you wait till you reach 80 before you marry Wiseman.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Talk2nanro(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
In as much as i agree with you a 100%, you don't take what belongs to the child and throw it to the dogs. Nairaland is a breeding ground for low IQ idiots, so wait till you encounter a more discerning mind before pouring out your wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Kibbs(m): 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
Let's talk facts, yeah?

This post feels very hypocritical, honestly. You make all types of slander on the Gen Z but excuse you, all these things were inherited from your generation.

Did girls start wearing skimpy clothes today? Where did Gen Z learn about hard drugs? Whose generation's music preaches about fraud and weed and all the likes? Whose generation is in music videos smoking and dancing with half naked girls?

Instead of trying to paint Gen Z bad like they started all these, how about you criticise your generation who brought all these to the fore. I mean y'all are our 'elder bros and sisters right?', we just copied y'all or more like took over from y'all.

It was when one boy saw one bro smoking and mixing codeine that he decided he was gonna try it out. It was when one girl saw one aunty wearing skimpy clothes, twerking on the internet that she herself picked it up so don't come here laying all the blame to Gen Z

One last thing, don't be one of those who thinks that things should be as they were in their age. The world as a whole evolves with the passing of each generation so our thinking as well should evolve.

'Children don't greet or do this or that like before'. A lot of parents are modernised in their ways now. How many teach/enforce their children to kneel or prostrate when greeting? A good morning, good afternoon is okay, no need for the whole show. If you want your child to stay grounded to tradition, you teach them so, if not you allow them be, it's not an offence. It's up to each parent's choice, everyone can't bring up their children the same way. There's a thing called Diversity so let's all try to be open-minded

Peace ✌️

Maverick777:
Hello Nairalanders,

its highly disturbing to say the least, that 95% of kids born from 1997 till date in Nigeria are just something else. They're 'highly' low on morals, they're very dull(very low I.Q), almost always on drugs and alcohol, unclad dressing, very disrespectful and disregarding to elders, almost always violent, have a wrong perception about life, vulgar words, these just to mention a few.

Now, I'm a highly principled man, in my time I dare not greet an elder looking at their eyeball or even talk back a them, I don't even stay out late(not that it was enforced but my environment just put me in line)..

The parents and peer group influence in my opinion is solely responsible for this turn-out.

I was at the mall a couple of days ago, on my way out I encountered a cluster of young girls beckoning on me, dresses half naked, there was another cluster at the other side of the road standing(some dancing), this was on a Wednesday evening! Not even to mention the males, those ones are the most useless! go to any Pharmacy, you'd always encounter a cluster of young boys lining up to buy drugs of all sorts, their jean is always on their thighs, always paranoid, oozing and looking unkept!

Sadly, the above mentioned is not really what bleeds my heart, the thought of drug users and semi-prostitutes raising children for the next generation is my challenge! Children getting married to fellow children is now the norm, every body is rushing.. I'm 30 plus and still not married because I'm still being extremely cautious, while a 23year old is saying he wants to get married oh, all his guys are'..

What would the product of such union be, A UNION OF TWO PEOPLE SO LOW ON MORALS?? if this generation is this bad, then I really fear for the next..!

Fellow Elders in the house, what can be done to remedy this issue?
Children in the house, what exactly is your problem??

CC; SEUN
MYND44
LALASTICLALA

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by Fairview1: 11:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
Kibbs:
Let's talk facts, yeah?

This post feels very hypocritical, honestly. You make all types of slander on the Gen Z but excuse you, all these things were inherited from your generation.

Did girls start wearing skimpy clothes today? Where did Gen Z learn about hard drugs? Whose generation's music preaches about fraud and weed and all the likes? Whose generation is in music videos smoking and dancing with half naked girls?

Instead of trying to paint Gen Z bad like they started all these, how about you criticise your generation who brought all these to the fore. I mean y'all are our 'elder bros and sisters right?', we just copied y'all or more like took over from y'all.

It was when one boy saw one bro smoking and mixing codeine that he decided he was gonna try it out. It was when one girl saw one aunty wearing skimpy clothes, twerking on the internet that she herself picked it up so don't come here laying all the blame to Gen Z

One last thing, don't be one of those who thinks that things should be as they were in their age. The world as a whole evolves with the passing of each generation so our thinking as well should evolve.

'Children don't greet or do this or that like before'. A lot of parents are modernised in their ways now. How many teach/enforce their children to kneel or prostrate when greeting? A good morning, good afternoon is okay, no need for the whole show. If you want your child to stay grounded to tradition, you teach them so, if not you allow them be, it's not an offence. It's up to each parent's choice, everyone can't bring up their children the same way. There's a thing called Diversity so let's all try to be open-minded

Peace ✌️

Blame the media not the genZ.
Re: Any Hope For The Next Generation? by pansophist(m): 12:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Not unless something from the leadership changes. Good leadership tickles downwards, and bad leadership also have the same effect. If youths are meaningfully engaged, they won't have time for such nonsense. An idle man is a devil's workshop.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Man Caught On Tape Begging His Wife’s Sister For S3x In Exchange For ... / I Am A Cow / Why Are Some Girls So Bitter Over A Breakup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.