Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9186 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
Please, are there any atheist parties or get together?

I met a Swedish oyibo lady at a party here in Nigeria. Can you believe that we spent 3 days just talking? I think we are both sapiosexual. Unfortunately, she had to go back to her country for Christmas.

This swedish lady is an atheist. We had mutual friends and we met up as a group of 6 people at a house party. Everyone was talking about international politics and two of us just clicked. We both believe in liberal causes. I got her number from there and we just couldn't stop talking to each other. We went on only one date before she travelled back to her country.

I have tasted the good life. I cant go back to dating these religious mbekes. Any atheist girls here in Nigeria?

My preference will always be Nigerian but I haven't met any Nigerian female atheist.

I truly wonder how atheists meet each other here in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ashewoboy(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
No lady would wanna marry an atheist. do we have ladies who are atheist in nigeria? If you are a lady and you are an atheist quote me. I have not seen any lady who is an atheist on nairaland here. Just the guys.

P.s: I'm not an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
I would.like to hear from you guys.

Ibkayee, lordreed, usermane, happypagan, fieryy, capslocked, saucyxo, budaatum,
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:
No lady would wanna marry an atheist. do we have ladies who are atheist in nigeria? If you are a lady and you are an atheist quote me. I have not seen any lady who is an atheist on nairaland here. Just the guys.

I think there was one atheist lady on the religion section sha
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ashewoboy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Mention her.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

I truly wonder how atheists meet each other here in Nigeria.

THROUGH FACEBOOK COMMENTS, NAIRALAND AND GROUPS WE TAKE OFF THE INTERNET.

IN NIGERIA, THERE'S A STIGMA ATTACHED TO US LIKE WE'RE WORSE THAN A COMBO OF HIV AND CANCER, SO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OPENLY DISCLOSE THEIR IRRELIGIOUSNESS.

THERE ARE ATHEISTS YOU CAN FOLLOW ON THIS FORUM, TO DISCOVER OTHERS THROUGH MENTIONS, OR ON FACEBOOK THROUGH POSTS AND COMMENTS.
THERE ARE GROUPS ON WHATSAPP AND TELEGRAM WHERE THESE FOLKS LINK UP. YOU CAN FIND LINKS ACCIDENTALLY WHEN YOU FOLLOW MENTIONS, THREADS, COMMENTS, POSTS, ETC. THAT WAY YOU CAN MEET UP WITH FOLKS AND, MAYBE FIND AN ATHEIST WIFE. cheesy

PS: DON'T LOOK UP TO ME I ONLY HAVE NL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:

Mention her.

THERE ARE MANY IRRELIGIOUS WOMEN IN NIGERIA. THEY JUST DON'T ANNOUNCE THEMSELVES. I KNOW FEMALES THAT ARE IRRELIGIOUS ON THIS FORUM MORE THAN I KNOW MALES.

ashewoboy:

WHY ARE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ALWAYS SO SURE ABOUT THE DUMBEST THINGS?

NO LADY WOULD WANT TO MARRY AN ATHEIST? ARE YOU IN ALL OF OUR LIVES AND HOUSES?? cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by 24kmagic: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
Anybody that knows about international politics is sapiosexual according to nairaland.

Issorite

7 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by MJBOLT: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2019
i dont think Ibkayee is an atheist

whitelotus:
I would.like to hear from you guys.

Ibkayee, lordreed, usermane, happypagan, fieryy, capslocked, saucyxo, budaatum,
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:
No lady would wanna marry an atheist. do we have ladies who are atheist in nigeria? If you are a lady and you are an atheist quote me.I have not seen any lady who is an atheist on nairaland here. Just the guys.

undecided
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by SavageResponse(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
It's possible to meet a female atheist in nigeria thought they are very rare

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ashewoboy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

undecided

would you marry an atheist?

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
24kmagic:
Anybody that knows about international politics is sapiosexual according to nairaland.

Issorite

Yes. It shows thinking beyond your own country.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:

would you marry an atheist?

Why the heck won't I marry an atheist when I myself am one?

6 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

THROUGH FACEBOOK COMMENTS, NAIRALAND AND GROUPS WE TAKE OFF THE INTERNET.

IN NIGERIA, THERE'S A STIGMA ATTACHED TO US LIKE WE'RE WORSE THAN A COMBO OF HIV AND CANCER, SO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OPENLY DISCLOSE THEIR IRRELIGIOUSNESS.

THERE ARE ATHEISTS YOU CAN FOLLOW ON THIS FORUM, TO DISCOVER OTHERS THROUGH MENTIONS, OR ON FACEBOOK THROUGH POSTS AND COMMENTS.
THERE ARE GROUPS ON WHATSAPP AND TELEGRAM WHERE THESE FOLKS LINK UP. YOU CAN FIND LINKS ACCIDENTALLY WHEN YOU FOLLOW MENTIONS, THREADS, COMMENTS, POSTS, ETC. THAT WAY YOU CAN MEET UP WITH FOLKS AND, MAYBE FIND AN ATHEIST WIFE. cheesy

PS: DON'T LOOK UP TO ME I ONLY HAVE NL.

Oga, show me the way. grin

It seems you know a lot more about this issue. I'm guessing you are married?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 1:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
MJBOLT:

Lol yeah I’m not

There are probably more ‘irreligious’ people in Nigeria (including women) than you think though, they probably just aren’t outspoken about it because of the stigma.

I’d imagine it’s not worth the hassle considering the hyper religious society they live in, which is ironically mostly all just surface in my opinion but that’s a different topic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 1:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
MJBOLT:

I don't know why I thought she was. My mistake
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
ibkayee:

Lol yeah I’m not

There are probably more ‘irreligious’ people in Nigeria (including women) than you think though, they probably just aren’t outspoken about it because of the stigma.

I’d imagine it’s not worth the hassle considering the hyper religious society they live in, which is ironically mostly all just surface in my opinion but that’s a different topic

I'm very sorry for mentioning you as an atheist. It was a mistake on my part. Sorry smiley

The question now is how do atheist men meet these irreligious ladies that are in the closet in Nigeria?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:

Mention her.

I swear, I cant remember her username. This was months ago that i saw her post in the religion section.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
I just realized there are two threads in which this topic is being discussed embarassed

But HappyPagan just mentioned something about an Atheist Society of Nigeria for anyone interested

https://www.nairaland.com/1412636/non-christian-chatbox-sticky/204#1412636.6549
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

I'm very sorry for mentioning you as an atheist. It was a mistake on my part. Sorry smiley

The question now is how do atheist men meet these irreligious ladies that are in the closet in Nigeria?
Lmao no need to apologise at all, I’m not offended smiley

Your best bet is probably online or atheist ‘society groups’ (if they have them in Nigeria? I’m not sure)
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by CHoccolaTE: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

I swear, I cant remember her username. This was months ago that i saw her post in the religion section.

Is it Janette?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

IAmSabrina?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Brunicekid(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
ibkayee:

Your best bet is probably online or atheist ‘society groups’ (if they have them in Nigeria? I’m not sure)
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Saviour.

5 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Brunicekid:
Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Saviour.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
There are atheists men and women in Nigeria. Just as there are irreligious men and women.

They are not very rare.

Though there are more agnostic persons than core atheists.

Women just have no strength to be jumping upandan arguing with religious people. Something you find most budding male atheist doing. Leave religious people alone, mba! They will jump into every religious threads or gathering to cause trouble.

Na mad person be that na. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
ibkayee:

Some just mentioned right now in another thread that there is an Atheist Society of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

IAmSabrina?

Yes
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

Is it Janette?

No. Iamsabrina
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

Why the heck won't I marry an atheist when I myself am one?

It's very funny we call ourselves atheist and still yet do not regard ourselves as being into a belief system even when we spend most of our life trying very hard religiously to convince others that do not buy into our belief with the pronouncation of DUMB, 'FOOLISH, STUPID, MAD PEOPLE as our most fond words in calling them, for not agreeing with our atheism.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 2:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
pocohantas:
There are atheists men and women in Nigeria. Just as there are irreligious men and women.

They are not very rare.

Womem just have no strength to be jumping upandan arguing with religious people. Something you find most budding male atheist doing. Leave religious people alone, mba! They will jump into every religious threads or gathering to cause trouble.

Na mad person be that na. grin

An agnostic is an atheist. Also, atheists do not jump into religious threads anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
pocohantas:

They are not very rare.

Women just have no strength to be jumping upandan arguing with religious people. Something you find most budding male atheist doing. Leave religious people alone, mba! They will jump into every religious threads or gathering to cause trouble.

Na mad person be that na.
grin
grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How People Date And Make Love In North Korea / Africa Is Rich! See Photos of A Large Diamond Found In Bostwana! / Have U Noticed That Ashawo Or Sex Workers Dont Like Kissing During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.