Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party (68505 Views)

"I Am Standing by The Gate": Shaibu Denied Entry Into old Office At Govt House / Peter Obi: Let All Presidential Candidates Stand The Way I Am Standing (Video) / Doyin Okupe: I Wept The Day I Found Out My Son, Bolu Is Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by 9jaRealist: 9:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
PresidObi:
We dont really care, we are still going to vote for Labour party in full.

What I know is that we need a northern VP for balance. But we move, get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria.

Abegi, speak only for yourself…
Okupe is a HORRIBLE politician and will be a DISASTROUS (thieving) VP.
>
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Gwan2(m): 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
9jaRealist:

Abegi, let’s not obsess over shadows in derogation of SUBSTANCE…
Making a wrong decision in a timely manner is WORSE than being a bit late.

Even in the US (where we largely borrowed our political structure)…
NOT A SINGLE candidate has EVER had his running mate in place “before buying forms”.

For example, Obama became the Democrats’ candidate on June 3, 2008…
But announced Biden as running mate over two-ands-a-half months later on August 23, 2008

The decision of a running-mate is an IMPORTANT one…
Both for electoral permutations and as a potential VP (and even president).

The problem here lies with INEC…
But even granted it desires lawsuits to be settled before elections, it’s schedule is RIDICULOUS!

>

You missed the whole point of the post you quoted. I hope it is not out of candidate fanatism or party obsession. I’m yet to choose a candidate, so the post wasn’t biased towards any political party…it’s generic.

The post is about time management, the time set by inec I suppose was know to every candidate before hand…if not so, then the post is still valid, the society structure is faulty.

If so, then time management of political parties is wack and has knock on effect on the population and society they are aspiring to rule

If Obama choose his deputy at the time you stated, I’m very sure it was because the system allows the choice within that time frame..though I’ve not verify was your wrote
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Prayfortheworld: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2022
Frigga13:
Me waiting for post 2023

Them go finally start Biafra war for igboland and bomb out their existence .. while refugees dip camp go plenty for akwaibom asaba and Edo.. the rest go empty for Lagos .. while the war rages on in igboland all four stores building razed ..

No be prophesy.. Na just how e go play.

But who cares.. nobody

Will beg the media to blackout tomorrow events in the east when it begins

Advise asaba people to block their bridge end ..
Mumu see as talk how them go take wipe your family
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by chigoizie7(m): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
Kiddogarcia:
Doyin okupe biti bawo,we need someone that can pull vote for labour party in the north.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

I know that doyin is not selfish. Let Apc drop their own vp first then we will know what to expect .
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by donatus101(m): 10:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
Shekarau is a sure bet. Obi should work with him.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Sion47: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Who did yr university party President as VP??

verybadmouth:
Kindergarten Party. Them no get person to present as VP, na Okupe them start. Who dey bench?
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by JimohMomoh: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
PresidObi:

What I know is that we need a northern VP for balance. But we move, get your PVC.

God bless Nigeria.

Not just Northern VP but a Muslim Northern VP
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by plaindealer: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
pacesetting:
The problem is not the parties but INEC for picking short deadlines. Picking a VP is as strategic as picking a presidential candidate. It requires a lot of time and consultations.

Election is next year, why is INEC hurrying things up, even with voters registration?

This has nothing to do with short deadline or INEC especially since the other parties took the matter seriously and effectively met the deadline by producing their VP candidates.

Obi has only one head and he's not better than the other candidates. Leaving such matters unresolved and ill prepared to handle them shows poor leadership, lack of focus, lack of seriousness, negligence and gross incompetence.

That dud is a waste of time and he should never be take seriously, he wants to change Nigeria, but can not perform simple and elementary tasks.

Obi is a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by BigBashiru: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
gentlegenius:

Support your Atiku in peace and stop beating the drums of war. If Peter Obi supporter should post this, they'll say they are too violent and insulting. Some fools who never support Obi in the first place will claim they are withdrawing their support.
We want the best for this country. I am a card carrying member of PDP. I voted Atiku in 2019 because he was the better candidate compared to Buhari. Even though he lost to buhari, I am still proud of myself for voting the better choice. Right now things had changed because the best had joined the race. We no longer want the better candidate, we want the best. That is why I am now an OBI-dient PDP member.

The cost of everything is rising by 50 - 100%, insecurity everywhere, naira devalued.... Nigeria cannot afford another 8yrs of misgovernance....
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by BigBashiru: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
plaindealer:

This has nothing to do with short deadline or INEC especially since the other parties took the matter seriously and effectively met the deadline by producing their VP candidates.

Obi has only one head and he's not better than the other candidates. Leaving such matters unresolved and ill prepared to handle them shows poor leadership, lack of focus, lack of seriousness, negligence and gross incompetence.

That dud is a waste of time and he should never be take seriously, he wants to change Nigeria, but can not perform simple and elementary tasks.

Obi is a disaster.

Una don start with this "Bleep is a disaster".... una no dey tire for that phrase.....
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by pacesetting: 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
I see where you are heading. But remember that APC with all the structure and state governors to choose from still ended up doing the same thing.

PDP's hurried choice of Okowa is now bringing disunity among them, which is the last thing they need at the moment.

They should have agreed amongst themselves, but that time is what they don't have.

But with APC and LP, they can now settle down to agree.

Remember that among the parties, LP should be the one having serious problem choosing a VP because they don't have any established party member in any of the states.

So, calm down with your fire and brimstones.

plaindealer:

Obi is a disaster.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by rolams(m): 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
Another wrong decision!
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by PaedophileProph: 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2022
Gwan2:

Trust me, I’m not against Peter Obi candidacy, infact I just need one reasonable conviction in terms of security to wow me to his camp.

You said this is Nigeria and a Nigeria law wasn’t broken, and that’s the premise of my initial post. Why fix time for submission of candidates when it can be altered or replacement used. It is defeating. You see where the structure of society gets faulty?

Welcome to the system we inherited , most of their laws aimed at curbing the very electoral frauds leave self defeating loopholes which when exploited will still lead us into the very best old ditch .
The BIVAS system is now a law, but there's a clause for the old analogue voting system to be adopted in areas of "poor Network coverage"
grin I pray we don't see remote villages giving Millions of vote this time under the aegis of "Network coverage failure"

This country no get mmekwatarism

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Chizzyjr(m): 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2022
Good one
Kwankwaso definitely is gonna be main choice
Something is definitely cooking behind the scenes
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Blackdisciple(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2022
jeeqaa7:
Like for Obi
Share for Tinubu

Yes ooo make we see as e dey go, they thought its business as usual...

1 Like

Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by esilove(m): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2022
Who emerges as VP is not an issue OBI is coming to turn things around for betterment of Nigeria masses. At least his international connections and knowledge as a business man dollar will At least reduced.. LIKE FOR OBI. and SHARE for tinubu.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by ufotunang: 12:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Labour party and Peter Obi you better choose a northern Muslim to capture the north and northerns
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by omoharry(f): 12:28am On Jun 18, 2022
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

No you guys must care.

Peter Obi need a northern VP to show he is actually serious with his campaign.

How many block voters can Doyin win for labor party ?

Make unna the try dey calculative for once.
For goodness sake ,he is not the VP but acting VP for now just to meet INEC deadline . the real VP will be unveiled. You nor Sabi read? The headline is clear now . Na wa for Una oo!!
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by 7arrows: 12:36am On Jun 18, 2022
verybadmouth:
Kindergarten Party. Them no get person to present as VP, na Okupe them start. Who dey bench?

Pls go to your room. If u have any.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Owontime: 12:43am On Jun 18, 2022
PresidObi:

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Owontime: 12:45am On Jun 18, 2022
First of all the entire registered voters in South East is just 5%,secondly even if the entire South East votes,we will throw your votes in the dustbin as usual.
No Obi or Emeka will ever be president of Nigeria.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Bbbw: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2022
grin
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Ikpeabujo(m): 1:01am On Jun 18, 2022
Frigga13:
Me waiting for post 2023

Them go finally start Biafra war for igboland and bomb out their existence .. while refugees dip camp go plenty for akwaibom asaba and Edo.. the rest go empty for Lagos .. while the war rages on in igboland all four stores building razed ..

But who cares.. nobody

for your hatred toward the Igbo tribe for no reason. I course you and your generation unborn, you will never see anything good in your life. You will die a miserable death
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Ikpeabujo(m): 1:03am On Jun 18, 2022
Eriggs:
[b][/b]
U know those ipos criminals and terrorists very well. Hypocritical Bastards they are.
you keep talking rubbish, ipob is just an organization and does not speak the minds of the Igbo tribe
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Ikpeabujo(m): 1:04am On Jun 18, 2022
Owontime:
First of all the entire registered voters in South East is just 5%,secondly even if the entire South East votes,we will throw your votes in the dustbin as usual.
No Obi or Emeka will ever be president of Nigeria.
you are more than this....
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by DrAkpamudehe: 2:27am On Jun 18, 2022
Frigga13:
Me waiting for post 2023

But who cares.. nobody

Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique rule 2 and 3
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Shevchenkko: 2:38am On Jun 18, 2022
Frigga13:

Guess reality is scary grin

But that’s what is it

Or you wan bet ... say IPOB and esn no go declare war?

Then you just don’t know

Ekpa has a big plan for Una...

You people will wake.. no worries
Be calming down. Ekpa lives in Finland and i believe you know to take him out will not cost anything if need be
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Timijo(m): 3:01am On Jun 18, 2022
Gwan2:
I’ve been to several countries, and trust me…the major difference between a develop society and developing or under developed society is time management. To put it clearly, the difference between Africa and the western world is time management.

If you use a digital watch, immediately you land in most first world countries, the watch automatically update to the same time with the national clock or time…no room for flimsy excuses like my watch was a bit late or slow like we have here in Africa.

I’ve ran from my home to meet a train at a train station, and missed it by just a minute beyond the departure time. I have missed a flight from Paris to Milan by just some few minutes of delay on my part. The western countries peg their salary or wages payment to time, you think they are foolish…not at all. The secret is to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. If I pay you hourly, I will ensure you are more efficient at the job I gave you because I don’t want to waste my money, not like in African that we do monthly payment, people go to work, lazy about for two weeks and put in some work or effort in the last two weeks of the month, because they will definitely be paid at the end of the month. In Western society everything understands time, people understand time, inanimate things understand time in western world.

Submission of candidates at a given time is submission at that time..no rigmarole. Why will I set a time if I know parties can fill in replaceable candidates, the aim will be defeated.

Every candidate vying for a post should have had his structure in place before buying the forms.,, change will be allowed but on exceptional grounds. That will show how serious minded people are in the change of status quo they advocate. What precedence are you setting as a political leader to time management?

This is channelled to all the political parties…Time is of essence
Bros, did you type similar epistle when Buhari wasted six months before choosing inefficient ministers?
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Kooldame: 4:03am On Jun 18, 2022
I don't support anybody abeg make dem share this country make every body dey for him own oo
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by dettolgel: 4:06am On Jun 18, 2022
Gwan2:
I’ve been to several countries, and trust me…the major difference between a develop society and developing or under developed society is time management. To put it clearly, the difference between Africa and the western world is time management.

If you use a digital watch, immediately you land in most first world countries, the watch automatically update to the same time with the national clock or time…no room for flimsy excuses like my watch was a bit late or slow like we have here in Africa.

I’ve ran from my home to meet a train at a train station, and missed it by just a minute beyond the departure time. I have missed a flight from Paris to Milan by just some few minutes of delay on my part. The western countries peg their salary or wages payment to time, you think they are foolish…not at all. The secret is to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. If I pay you hourly, I will ensure you are more efficient at the job I gave you because I don’t want to waste my money, not like in African that we do monthly payment, people go to work, lazy about for two weeks and put in some work or effort in the last two weeks of the month, because they will definitely be paid at the end of the month. In Western society everything understands time, people understand time, inanimate things understand time in western world.

Submission of candidates at a given time is submission at that time..no rigmarole. Why will I set a time if I know parties can fill in replaceable candidates, the aim will be defeated.

Every candidate vying for a post should have had his structure in place before buying the forms.,, change will be allowed but on exceptional grounds. That will show how serious minded people are in the change of status quo they advocate. What precedence are you setting as a political leader to time management?

This is channelled to all the political parties…Time is of essence

Do you live in Paris? I am considering moving over there. What is it like in general: cost of living, social life, raising kids etc?
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by Gwan2(m): 4:14am On Jun 18, 2022
dettolgel:

Do you live in Paris? I am considering moving over there. What is it like in general: cost of living, social life, raising kids etc?

No sir, I went on a visit.
Re: Doyin Okupe: I Am ‘Standing In’ As Vice Presidential Candidate Of Labour Party by SupremeSpecimen: 4:20am On Jun 18, 2022
verybadmouth:

Some people just lack the ability to think outside the box.

You can't score without setting up a play.

CLEARLY a play is being set up n door being left open

But that's for the smart people to understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldier Sleeps In "Grave" And Fights Boko Haram (Photos) / Abba Kyari, The Police Chief Who Started The #EndSARS Fire / North, South East Politicians Join Forces Against South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.