Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (28979 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by NobleSeed(m): 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2022
sorry about your ordeals..
Graduated 11 years ago, mechanical engineering , university of benin and you are 39yrs old shocked shocked
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by joviegghead: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sad
Sad
Anyway I'll say this, your and reactions are completely understandable and natural. Not everyone would even let that girl go without injury.
Your boss, probably made the decision out of pressure from his family. Using the F-word is too weak of any excuse to fire you. Not like you exchanged blows or anything.

Has for what people are saying or thinking,dont bother. They day we all stop giving a f*ck about what others think about us is the day we start progressing.

Learn a skill, start a small business. Or delve into private teaching. It pays than stupid 8-5 jobs. There are so many things you can do.

Don't give way to depression óò. That thing hurts like hell and makes you miserable.

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Skillsnigeria: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by ForDanny: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Didn’t read the whole story , just the heading . It’s nothing . A lot of people have been through it before . Just start searching for other opportunities and reduce your spendings drastically . You ll be fine eventually .
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you think you have problems other peoples problems triple your own!

Well, teaching in Nigeria is not lucrative, teaching to me is like a transit job not something you call a real job , but baba! How can you use the F word on someone that small bro! You need to learn how to control your temper bro
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by WantsandMore: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
gaby:
So sorry.

All these face me I face you one room schools sef....

You wey be teacher wetin concern school environment wey dem employ you with giatlover aproko?

I'mm juat joking and trynna cheer you up okay.

Worry not because you will land something better and bigger, trust me.
Wake up call to learn a skill or write another cv, you have working experience that should give you an edge. We meuve.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Oyerinde16(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you reside in abuja, I can offer you something better... More of a supervisory role in a media company...

8 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Benzodiazepine: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Just have a chilled zobo and buy chicken and enjoy ... After have a good night rest .. then you search for another work ...

Or you can take Benzodiazepine.. a very good antidepressant

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nnamdipapa(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Chemical Engineering! That's a good course and you shouldn't be teaching.!

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by izzy4shizzy(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oyerinde16:
If you reside in abuja, I can offer you something better... More of a supervisory role in a media company...

You don’t even know his qualifications

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Cousin9999: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
You'll get through this. The feeling won't last.

This wasn't an opportunity. You could have lost the gig over anything. It's a joke. I understand you're worried about reputation, but unless you're in a village, they'll forget about you next week.

Use the energy from the feeling you're having now to create or find a better opportunity. There's lots of good info on here. Try things out. It doesn't have to be a permanent hustle. Do it to keep busy, meet people, and scout real opportunities. You can and will do better.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Originalsly: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you are as good as you say... give private lessons.... cheap price... parents will send their kids... especially when they realize your replacement is not as good. If you get employed at another school.... lure the kids away to the new school .... the best way to get back is let him feel it financially.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by iCauseTrouble: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sorry bro. I can feel your pain and may God see you through. All in all, please, do not support Atiku or Tinubu in the next general election. A graduate of Chemical Engineering should be in a production sector and not teaching in a school. With Peter Obi, you have a brighter future

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Benblaq(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
Nawa

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Chemical engineering and teaching. This country is cursed cry cry cry

Well, we are a country that values imported stuff over manufacturing and exporting things...that's why our engineers don't have jobs.

We also don't want to pay the full price for things manufactured in this country either.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Moneyboyz: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

They pay 8k in my area, only long term teachers get 10 to 12k. Headmistress is around 20k.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by JoshTim: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.
Where is the ruggedity in you, i mean you graduated from UNIBEN and you are settling for less. You even graduated from chemical engineering....Ọmọ, don't just rush and look for job. Sit down, think and make a move.

4 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by na2016: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
My sister, look at the positive side and forget that shit-called job. Even lecturers like someone said, are doing other things to get them money. Explore legitimate online money-making ventures, not gislover.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Oyerinde16(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
izzy4shizzy:

You don’t even know his qualifications

A graduate with 11yr work experience... Are u kidding me

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by kerry57: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Msjackson, listen attentively; that place isn't ur place of glory. Whatever that transpired all happened to get u to ur next level cos left with u, u will remain there. God wants u to sit back and look inwards and around u for the potentials that u need to be honored. Don't just complain or mourmour, u will see it come. Just keep thanking him from taking u out of Egypt to ur own promised land, then u shall see that promise land manifest.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Danielbrave08(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2022
Akakanfirstclass:
you dont need to cope with any emotional trauma..
indeed all you need is to get another job
that is the best way of getting back at it.

That's just it
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by lendahand(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.
Don't be depressed you sweet soul. You're being trained in self discipline. As a lady if you learn to let your assaulters shout without uttering a word, you have won the battle. Meanwhile forget about that school and look inwards to see what you can do by yourself. Don't get so hooked to your certificate. Bright days will meet you soon
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Thomthom(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
But its not only that area you have school Na.. why not look for another school job elsewhere.. And besides all this salary job will not give you anything look for a business to do.. I can confidently tell you that the woman that sells biscuit and pure water in your school will be building house somewhere.. Look for money and start something now..

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Rojoh: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
This may just be the beginning of another journey in your life you are not meant to be a teacher. Try entertainment or other businesses.
MsJackson post=11394024 3:

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Hamachi(f): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Rapture4real(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
I thought it was a serious job. Teaching in a private school is just to get small change. So you're not fire. If it's a job of #100k and above then you can use the word 'fire'. Keep heart my brother. Trust God. Something great is coming on way. Don't give up.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by pansophist(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
Start thinking big. What can you do? Use your skills and face the world squarly. Be like a lion, if it decides to eat an elephant today, he will be out in the jungle searching for one, tracking it, then determine best strategy for ambush.

Don't be like the zoo lion that is so weak and rely on the zookeeper to feed you. He feeds you want you don't want, cage you and prevent you from living your full potential. What's the point of a wing if it can't fly, or a brain if it can't think? Comrade, wake up. Your destiny is in your hands, not jobs from employers.

13 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by PapaFejiro: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2022
With your level of education, this kind of job loss should not get you worried. How much sef is the salary? You should be thanking God you are no more there.
Now you should take a few weeks break like 2 weeks to get your mental recovery and be back to your best. Forget that chewing gum girl, her mom, brother and akara school.
Either you go on social media to advertise your discipline like LinkedIn or you start forex, business of buying and selling etc.
You can start buying Ogbono or beans in sacks, wholesale and retail via social media. You could repackage and do a lot more.
Dont work in toxic environment for your mental health sake.
Send an email if you need business ideas and support. With your husband's knowledge of course.
MsJackson:

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by emmabest2000(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

For you to used the F word in the presence of the children speaks volumes of the kind of person you are

Count your loses and move on jaree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Selfmotivated: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
School is not a job, among the shitty job in this country, no respect but intense pressure and backlash from the school authority. Just thinking of what to do with my available time cos I can't just be doing a job that brings nothing but pain and forbearance

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by dallyemmy: 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
Congratulations! You have a better future. Always ignore people like that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.