Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (28987 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by neoG(f): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Life is not fair to you because you are nice person if not so many nice people would have been better off. I realized this and it helped me. It doesn't mean you shouldn't be nice. A lot of good advice on this thread to learn from. It takes a strong mind to make money in life. So count this as an opportunity to train your mind, change your mindset, seek God's help and devour information.The future is brighter don't lose hope.
MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Lastmankc(m): 10:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important
I am interested in the technical writing
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by halaqasa: 10:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
jason231121:
am interested, hit me up

But nah f-x I see foe your profile boss

Okay send mail
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Gkemz: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
When I read life stories like this, I feel proud of my hustle and happy that I quit the modern day slavery white collar job.
My advice to you is to gather your savings, use it to start up something for yourself. No matter how little you have, but first you must deal with pride and overdependency on certificate which has kept many idle graduates from moving the same pace with their agemates with no formal education who are exploring the potentials in the street. The only regret I have is ever working for a private firm so as to raise enough fund to start my hustle.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by opabs1(m): 12:36am On Jun 21, 2022
Very touching story. Too bad you had to settle for a low paying job for 11 years after graduation. Well, you need to work on your mindset seriously now. You deserve better. I can teach you how to earn from the comfort of your home, all you need is your mobile phone and Internet. You don't even need to have a computer. It is legitimate and not a ponzi. Private Message me.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by DonNeon: 2:20am On Jun 21, 2022
opabs1:
Very touching story. Too bad you had to settle for a low paying job for 11 years after graduation. Well, you need to work on your mindset seriously now. You deserve better. I can teach you how to earn from the comfort of your home, all you need is your mobile phone and Internet. You don't even need to have a computer. It is legitimate and not a ponzi. Private Message me.

I'm interested...... please
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by EmpressEnnie(f): 5:45am On Jun 21, 2022
pocohantas:
The problem is many of us are too attached to the Nigerian 9-5 that we don’t even know when we are willing and submissive parties to new-age slavery.

Hello,please can I send you a pm?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 7:30am On Jun 21, 2022
Ceejay57:

how do I go about it

Search About On Google
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by abeldachung2(m): 9:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Life is full of ups and downs...Cheer up

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by gfon(m): 9:10am On Jun 21, 2022
CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important
boss I don't mean to barge into your mention,but I really got interested in what you just penned down. Is it okay if I get to pm you likewise?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by upuphim(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2022
Training at Pwan Group real estate business will help you deal with the trauma. Quickly join us, we are in over 22 states of the nation selling over 300 estates. Contact for further clarifications at comoli2009@gmail.com.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2022
MsJackson:
I just sent you a message on WhatsApp with the phone number on your profile.

Is there a phone number to his profile?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by EvenBlogger: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2022
gaby:
So sorry.

All these face me I face you one room schools sef....

You wey be teacher wetin concern school environment wey dem employ you with giatlover aproko?

I'mm juat joking and trynna cheer you up okay. Top

Worry not because you will land something better and bigger, trust me.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Ebenezer4141(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2022
pansophist:
Start thinking big. What can you do? Use your skills and face the world squarly. Be like a lion, if it decides to eat an elephant today, he will be out in the jungle searching for one, tracking it, then determine best strategy for ambush.

Don't be like the zoo lion that is so weak and rely on the zookeeper to feed you. He feeds you want you don't want, cage you and prevent you from living your full potential. What's the point of a wing if it can't fly, or a brain if it can't think? Comrade, wake up. Your destiny is in your hands, not jobs from employers.

You don see when lion dey chop elephant before?? grin
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by pansophist(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2022
Ebenezer4141:

You don see when lion dey chop elephant before?? grin

"Lion kill elephant".

Search for the above keyword for YouTube, and feed your eyes with lions feasting, masticating and tearing the delicious underbelly of an African elephant.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2022
Oyerinde16:
If you reside in abuja, I can offer you something better... More of a supervisory role in a media company...
oh wow would have loved this opportunity, but I live at Sango ota, ogun state, my house is actually close to Covenant University. I am female, for those thinking i am a male. Then married with a kid. Any alternative for me sir?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2022
Originalsly:
If you are as good as you say... give private lessons.... cheap price... parents will send their kids... especially when they realize your replacement is not as good. If you get employed at another school.... lure the kids away to the new school .... the best way to get back is let him feel it financially.
hahahahaha sorry u cracked me up about luring the kids away LOL. But I hear ur advice

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2022
kerry57:
Msjackson, listen attentively; that place isn't ur place of glory. Whatever that transpired all happened to get u to ur next level cos left with u, u will remain there. God wants u to sit back and look inwards and around u for the potentials that u need to be honored. Don't just complain or mourmour, u will see it come. Just keep thanking him from taking u out of Egypt to ur own promised land, then u shall see that promise land manifest.
oh how I like love love love you for this uplifting words

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:03am On Jun 21, 2022
lendahand:
Don't be depressed you sweet soul. You're being trained in self discipline. As a lady if you learn to let your assaulters shout without uttering a word, you have won the battle. Meanwhile forget about that school and look inwards to see what you can do by yourself. Don't get so hooked to your certificate. Bright days will meet you soon
thanks so much
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2022
PapaFejiro:
With your level of education, this kind of job loss should not get you worried. How much sef is the salary? You should be thanking God you are no more there.
Now you should take a few weeks break like 2 weeks to get your mental recovery and be back to your best. Forget that chewing gum girl, her mom, brother and akara school.
Either you go on social media to advertise your discipline like LinkedIn or you start forex, business of buying and selling etc.
You can start buying Ogbono or beans in sacks, wholesale and retail via social media. You could repackage and do a lot more.
Dont work in toxic environment for your mental health sake.
Send an email if you need business ideas and support. With your husband's knowledge of course.
I hear you papa Fejiro. I tried to send you a mail but it keeps saying 'error'. Don't know why. Maybe you can try sending me a mail from ur end. I need those business ideas. My name is Ejiro too. And my email address is blessojohn1818@gmail.com
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2022
clockwisereport:
My heart is in shatters like the garment of Jesus in Golgotha. Just look at what my countrymen and women are going through all in the name of jobs.

I dey vex. Make I no go write something out of anger. I will reply you later
���������� when you eventually reply, please don't yab me abegggggg oooooo
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2022
olaniyilukman:
@39years old, you are still teaching in private school, this life is too short than to waste your life being slave... I pity you bro but at the same time I congratulate you for leaving slave job and God will provide better offer..I knew you will be face with financial difficulties this time but I believe God will do the best.. I will see how I can help in this regard but I don't want to make promise now
really? Okay sir. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am a woman too.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Leogreat5: 11:27am On Jun 21, 2022
What type of farming are u into please!!

]are You in Benin? hit me up on hornytave@gmail.com if you're interested in farming.[/quote]
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by opabs1(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2022
Drop your email.
quote author=DonNeon post=114001721]

I'm interested...... please [/quote]
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2022
paulGrundy:

Do you base in Lagos?
I am based at Sango Ota. Why?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:43am On Jun 21, 2022
Iceberg3:
@ msjackson...What!!!! Chemical engineering?!!!!?

Oh God!!!

Hey sister, don't you attend church or belong some women organisation? You can let them know who you are in they be connected.

Some coys like MTN are also women friendly.

May God make a way for you but please stay away from POS o.

****Go to Krones LCS centre 7 acme road,Ogba,Lagos.

It's a very beautiful and good engineering company with male engineers on the field but with God,you can be an administrative staff since you are an engineer.

prepare yourself with everything and prayers,go there and ask to see the Human resources manager.
Thank you, will do just this.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2022
BallingGuy:
Fvck them all!

Madam, abeg come learn Digital/Creative skills. I promise you will be a pro in few months. Coupled with your academic qualification, you can start something (work from home, or be a Team-lead in a reputable organization).

One major thing...You really need to start THINKING BIG.

Once again....Fvck them all! No be my wahala. But I am pissed!

That course wey you study, no too get value for this country. Go for any tech or creative skill. These are skills are organization (small or large) are hungry for.

All the best, dear.

yes I am currently learning UI/UX design, to begin. Started last month.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:53am On Jun 21, 2022
MadamExcellency:
Do worry, I was sacked or resigned four times, all from multinational companies but at the end I landed as a manager in oil company.

You have been much longer than necessary in that demeaning rather comfort zone of yours and nature wants to elevate you to where you belong.

It's not the end, it's the beginning of better things.
Hello my future Madam, I hail ooo. Thanks for the uplifting words. As an oil company manager, God is telling me you can employ me �

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2022
Peaceagain:
First and foremost, you don't need that job. You should be happy because moments like these ones you have had only push you to destiny. God is trying to tell you that your destiny is big. Don't settle for less. And you don't have to bend over and let people f*** you in the back. You deserve respect and you should demand it from whomever, whenever. Cry today if you must, but go out there tomorrow and tell the world you are not one to be messed with.
You need to see me smiling sheepishly. Honestly the comments here are making me feel hopeful. Love you all �
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2022
HornyTave:
are You in Benin? hit me up on hornytave@gmail.com if you're interested in farming.
I no dey Benin oooo, I'm at Ogun State. I really appreciate the offer
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by MsJackson: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
godfrey02:

you are a woman I guess. go start up a trade and treat your customers well. if hobby have money tell him to open a biz for you. provision, look for a market, sell something and leave those schools alone. by the way school in a flat, how many student them get? and which state is that?
Located at Ogun State

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / I’ll Rather Quit Medicine Than Abandon Shoe-making - Adeosun Taiye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.