Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? (29056 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss / Have You Ever Been FIRED At Work? Share Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by smasher1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:
Hello my uncles and aunts.

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.

Learn to respect family or friends of your employer, customers etc irrespective of their age, gender, social class etc. They can make or mar you. Never use the F word for anyone. it's a perfect reason to fire you.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Cutehector(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Zero emotional intelligence
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by KingMarlhyk: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
So sorry for this harsh experience bro. The thing is ,the Teaching field doesn't fit you and thats why you're probably having issues after issues in the same lane so I'll advise that you learn a skill either online or offline (buh I'll prefer online) or you start a business to sell products that way you'll gradually grow and BEING a boss of your own

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Qew1: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by sonofthunder: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by nobilie: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2022
Just seeing this and i'm laughing reading it.
In the Nigeria of today, you comport yourelf and use wisdom when working in a one man's business. The key to stay long is stay mumu, as.. licking and sycophancy. At 39 yrs, how can u be exchanging words with a 20+.
The truth is that the owner of the school did u favour. One must learn to know when to resign. The family would have made your stay a living hell. What you need now is the right people around you. If you still wnt to teach, home/private teaching will pay you well. Find an estate or a community of above average close to you, print and make photocopies of "do you need a private teacher to take your children in physics/chemistry/interscience......"? Kindly call Yourname on 0809000900. We have vas esperience and will exceed your expectations in delivering value. Do you drive and have a license? Go to moove and sign up to drive their car for uber. Buying and selling of goods physically and online (phone accessories, etc) will pay you also. Do yourself a favour by thanking God and asking for direction. Move out and observe things. Learn new skill. If you are not married with children, you are lucky as you can manage yourself without pressure. Take care

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by RaptorX: 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
I thought engineers are smart people, how did you graduate with a degree in chemical engineering probably the hardest engineering course 11 years ago and you are still teaching in a private school earning 15k. Is it lack of ambition and drive even though we know the country is hard, so you couldn't find an entry level job in your field in 11 years, but wouldn't whatever you learn from school be rusty by now.

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Kroosx5663: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
CorporateJay:

Hey don't despair.. Now you need to get some technical skills and start earning remotely..

Have you heard of technical writing? You can earn some money on your own without even putting up with some bad employers. $500 - $1000. Per month. It is not a get rich quick skim please.. But if you put in the work.. By December.. Things suppose dey soft for you small small

Please start from Everythingtechnicalwriting . com check out the website.. I also have an ebook I can send to you.. Send me a PM.. I will send the ebook to you..

You won't understand many things at first.. But please try.. Also try to get a laptop.. Extremely important
i tired sending mail but this account is new and I do not understand the mailing system... ill appreciate if I can aswell get the ebook my email is teeejiro5663@gmail.com... and my WhatsApp is 08121049016... pls help im really interested.. thanks
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's better to be unemployed than to teach. Schools in my area in Lagos pay teachers 15k. What's that gonna do. You will still die of hunger I rather die in a simpler way than being a beast of burden

LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by faceland: 7:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Mallam go outside like a man and search for job/work... Gradually the pain would be reducing. It is when you are lying down on bed that you would be thinking rubbish.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by faceland: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

In today Nigeria, you are working 6 hours a day 5 days a week? They even have 3 months holiday...

Teaching isn't worth it and should but your mentality should be that it is a part-time job or something you do to get out of the house... Were I work, if an applicant has worked for 6 months, I don't submit their job application because the work is hard and they can't adapt.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by reidkrugger(m): 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Welcome to Life. See this as an opportunity to start something you've always wanted. These things have a way of repeating themselves and the only way to end it is to rise above it. Chemical engineering to teaching. For inside parents house. It is well.
You'll go through very rough times o. But in the end, the man in you will decide your fate.
Godspeed.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Tobest94: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pls don’t give yourself unnecessary stress. You lose the job already and you should focus on getting something better or starting a small retail business

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by abimic(m): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Stop that, I started off in teaching and I still keep my network of teachers till now, I've had interviews with big schools back then, schools like meadow hall, Corona, these schools pay their teachers well, unlike the mushroom schools here and there that litter places.

While I taught, I was paid beyond the average salary of most teachers, before I worked my way to teaching in big schools which I eventually did before I changed profession entirely.

Most of us see teaching as the first call to stand our feet while leaving university when on the other hand awaiting something better...

Except you have passion for teaching, it's not a place to stay for long, especially for someone like me who's career ambitious.

4 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by TheMostComplex1: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
It's well with you. Please next time try to control yourself. Don't beat yourself so much that's even a mushroom school can you imagine where the mother said that she will stripe you naked the family no well

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Raalsalghul: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
pansophist:

Hope you get money sha grin

Finland no be for broke people o. Scandinavians are one of the wealthiest region on the planet for a reason. cool

Money no be problem. cool
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Uranium222(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

I'll make this as brief as possible. I teach in a school where the owner uses his father's compound, back flats. His family lives in front apartment.

Some months ago, last year precisely, i had an issue with his sister, last born, and i decided to avoid her totally to prevent future occurrence. I face my job and do it well.

We the teachers observe that the family always call their son to report any issue, especially if we faltered in some cases. It was getting too much.

So on that day, exactly two weeks ago, we were asked to oversee the students sporting activities, done in front of the school compound. I was walking out with my colleague and we were discussing something we both saw on social media, about gistlover. The sister overheard it and believed we were talking about her, calling her gistlover.

She walked up to me and confronted me in a harsh manner. I tried explaining to her that we weren't referring to her, but she wouldn't listen and before you know it, we were exchanging words. I said a lot because I was angry that she singled me out to confront, when we were two discussing the issue.

She was telling me to get out and i was sooo angry that I used the f word on her. Later, her parents came back and she reported me to them. Without calling to hear my side of the story, they both told their son to send me away. The mother even said that wherever she saw me, she would strip me naked. Their son my boss came, me and my colleague were called to say what happened,we did, then my boss told me to go home and stay put for a while.

After a week,he called and told me my services were no longer needed, that he made his own private investigation from the students and they confirmed I used the f word on his sister. I am not innocent. I admitted my fault, but he refused to temper justice with mercy. He promised to pay me for this month, but my reputation is stained. AGAIN.

Considering the fact that I had some issues with a previous school two years ago, very close to this one. There I resigned on my own. Now everybody is looking at me like I am a bad person. I AM NOT. I try to be sooooo nice and polite, but people always take advantage of that to look down on me. I am extremely humble to a fault, even hubby says I present myself as mumu to people too much.

Is it a crime to be of small stature? I am 39yrs of age and this girl I had an altercation with, she is in her early 20's. I felt so disrespected because of how she confronted me, even poking her fingers in my face in the presence of the students, so I lost my temper. I didn't mean to. Now people are looking at me somehow. I don't feel like waking up in the mornings because I wonder how I would face the day.

I NEED A JOB, that will help me heal from this trauma. Graduated 11 years ago, Chemical Engineering, University of Benin. But I still don't have a good job, I have been teaching to hold body, but I am fed up.

The salary is sooooo small, compared to the work load I was handling. I would love to work in a good company, but nobody, no one is willing to give me a chance. I am depressed daily. God should just use a good person to help me, wipe my tears. Sorry for the long write-up.
contact me for a job in Benin city zero, nine, one, 2.8.8. 1.3.8. 3.6
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Uranium222(m): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Send a message to my email for job placement
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by yinkbell: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
pocohantas:
The problem is many of us are too attached to the Nigerian 9-5 that we don’t even know when we are willing and submissive parties to new-age slavery.

What kind of online skills set got u a remote job? Programming, video editing, animation, graphic design?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by staga: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
MsJackson:

Did you bother to do any certifications relevant to the oil industry? If you are a Chemical Engineer of 11 years, surely your mind should be a creative one. Not one wired to be doing a job. Even in your job, did you provide any innovations to the school you were fired from to improve the performance of their students in science subjects?

You were fired because you were dispensable. Period. If you were a valued asset, the so-called sister would not even come near you because of the aura you would exude.

Work on yourself and upgrade yourself. That is the first step.

3 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Abakelawal(f): 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
This sack will lead you to the right path by the special grace of God

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by DrinkWater10: 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Moneyboyz:

They pay 8k in my area, only long term teachers get 10 to 12k. Headmistress is around 20k.
What state?
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by tahir001(m): 8:41pm On Jun 20, 2022
DM me for Google ADMOB 09076182337....
Google ADMOB is a Google ad company that pays users monthly on the 21st.

The more ads u click the more your revenue.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Moneyboyz: 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
DrinkWater10:

What state?

Ogun state
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Fantazy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
You re crying over a small backyard private school that their students/pupil might not even be up to 30.
I can imagine how small the pay would be!
Pleaseook away from that side! U will see a better place.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by Ceejay57: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
NaijaCoverBlog:

Get In Touch With
how do I go about it
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by cn401: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
pocohantas:
The problem is many of us are too attached to the Nigerian 9-5 that we don’t even know when we are willing and submissive parties to new-age slavery.

What field are you in if I may ask.
Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by OLRAYS(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
You better be grateful that God took that yeye job from u....most times blessings are always in disguise...

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by RIDOO: 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sometimes we needed situations like this to move us forward... This kind of situation make brain to reset,give ones the kind of strength you never thought you had, make somebody to be bold and take a bold step

Pls make use of this opportunity to librate yourself from the land of slavery.How much are they even paying you? Pls don't be depressed on a situation that is surposed to librate you.
All you need to do is relax , think deep on what you can start doing to generate income for youself.. start somewhere...start small... before you know it you will see that you can pay ur salary in multiple folds .

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by shantti(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2022
The same chemical engineering that I did and am currently teaching, earning peanuts. May God help us, Amen

2 Likes

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by jaxxy(m): 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
u did nothing wrong. Nothing warrant a 19 year old talking to a 39 year old in such manner because ur family owns the school. She's very stupid.

1 Like

Re: Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma? by ImaIma1(f): 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Very true.

Those low hanging fruits most time runs the stomach. Teaching never crossed my mind as a graduate except a school that I heard was paying 150k.

Some of us have big eye but some settle for those schools that end up treating them badly on top the small pay and wasting their time.

Those schools need to step up though. They are becoming notorious for poor salaries and over working their staff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Professional Masters Or Academic Masters? / I’ll Rather Quit Medicine Than Abandon Shoe-making - Adeosun Taiye / Workers Shut Down Operations Of Ait/ray Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.