Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) (24218 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Pastor David Ibiyeomie's 55 Cakes In One 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by BloomingDale(f): 4:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

You should have stopped at the paragraph before the bold.

I don edit am, aunty. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by HantaVirus(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

And who says a submissive wife doesn't have the above characteristics?

First off,what is the meaning of being submissive?

To be submissive is to obey or yield to someone else. When you are submissive, you submit to someone else's will, which literally, you put your own desires lower than theirs.

Do you know there are some married women who can't look into their husband's eyes eyeball to eyeball grin

Some of these women fear their husbands and they dare not object to his decisions.....

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by LadyTara(f): 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

You are not wrong.

Although Churches are rising up now to talk to the men.

We will get there (hopefully)
Hopefully we will. Personally I think misogyny and the "African mentality" has influence on the perception and outlook of these preachers which can subsequently influence their interpretation of scriptures which they turn to doctrines and sermons.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2022
HIPROFILE:

You are saying the same thing…submission comes first…If a wife rebels her husband she should not expect any love from the Man.. shikena

This is a principle for those with real understanding not for kids.. A submissive woman indirectly runs the affairs of her home in totality with little or no challenge or banter from her husband.

The bold must be from Oshodi Bible.

For serious Christians, submission and love are distinct commandments;

A man MUST love his wife whether she is submissive or not.

A woman MUST submit to her husband whether he is loving or not.

If you are married to an unbeliever and they have decided to end the marriage, you should infact let them go.

Our God given wisdom also helps as a guide in situations.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
eas01:

The word love don suffer for Nigerian women mouth.
Nigerian women think love is like Disney Cinderella, hunky dorey , lala land fairy tale, . Also american movies, nollywoood celebs have given naija women a false notion of love.
You wanna know what love is ? Read 1cor 13:4-8.
You submit a man into loving you.

@bold:

Not true.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
What the fvck concern's Father's Day and submission. This is a time to celebrate our fathers (dead and alive) not to start yarning shit about submission. Who submission help abeg?

cheesy grin wink grin cheesy grin

Happy Father's Day
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
phemmyfour:
If you want him to love you, respect him by submitting to him. Submission isn't weakness. You shouldn't expect to be love by a man you cannot submit to.

1Pet3:6
like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord.

@bold:

Which remixed Bible are you guys quoting this afternoon?
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:

I don edit am, aunty. cheesy cheesy cheesy

No wahala cheesy

Happy Sunday Oloyin
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by phemmyfour: 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

@bold:

Which remixed Bible are you guys quoting this afternoon?
Read Eph 5

22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, bas to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church

25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and hgave himself up for her

It's your duty respect him, it's his duty to love him. Stop seeking love from whom you cannot respect
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:54pm On Jun 19, 2022
HantaVirus:

First off,what is the meaning of being submissive?

To be submissive is to obey or yield to someone else. When you are submissive, you submit to someone else's will, which literally, you put your own desires lower than theirs.

Do you know there are some married women who can't look into their husband's eyes eyeball to eyeball grin

Some of these women fear their husbands and they dare not object to his decisions.....

Submission doesn't work like that in the Biblical context.

If you read the stories of couple interactions in the Bible, this strange definition we gave submission doesn't apply.

The Bible even teaches us to submit one to another (Eph 5:21).

Make woman wey marry masquerade sorry o!

Like a preacher said yesterday: you teach a man how to treat you. If you tell him disrespect/abuse is acceptable, he will continue in that line.

Don't be surprised that the masquerade at home is a 'simp' to his side chic.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
LadyTara:
Hopefully we will. Personally I think misogyny and the "African mentality" has influence on the perception and outlook of these preachers which can subsequently influence their interpretation of scriptures which they turn to doctrines and sermons.

Very true.

A lot of them mix culture and traditions with the Bible.

That's why a girl should know the Bible for herself so she can sieve her suitors and continue in it when married.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
phemmyfour:
Read Eph 5

22 Wives, asubmit to your own husbands, bas to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church

It's your duty respect him, it's his duty to love him. Stop seeking love from whom you cannot respect

@Bold:

I am asking where you got that interpretation from.

When you consider that everyone would face the judgement for their actions individually, I am wondering how 'I was a terrible husband/didn't love my wife because she wasn't submissive' would fly.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by princewarri1985: 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Easyvibez:
Pastor David Ibiyeomie - Submission is not Weakness

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyaut7og1Q

Love is Commandment, Submission is not Weakness. This two are Biblical Principles for Marriage, created to ensure success in the home.

https://www.facebook.com/616387396569190
No woman will ever be submissive to a broke man! so all men out there "HUSTLE''
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Emdebby2: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nowadays men have made it impossible for some women to be submissive.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by phemmyfour: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

@Bold:

I am asking where you got that interpretation from.

When you consider that everyone would face the judgement for their actions individually, I am wondering how 'I was a terrible husband/didn't love my wife because she wasn't submissive' would fly.

The interpretation of Eph 5 isn't a rocket science

It's the woman's duty to respect her man...Respect him and you LL get the rest.

And the man's duty to Love his woman ....He does that and the rest follows.

If they deviate from this default settings, there will be chaos
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by LadyTara(f): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

Very true.

A lot of them mix culture and traditions with the Bible.

That's why a girl should know the Bible for herself so she can sieve her suitors and continue in it when married.
correct.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ayomi90: 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

If you read your Bible, you would know she is right.

Men love your wives, women submit to your husbands.
I never said she is wrong, she even hit herself in the leg, she said in return the husband shld love his wife. You are yet to be submissive and you are complaining about Nigerian men as if Nigerian men doesn't know their duty ND the Bible. That's y I dragged her.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Fortune118005(m): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dshocker:

Of course your husband is supposed to love and respect you, but when it come to rights or the head, the man is supposed to come on top, while the woman comes under... It has been like that from pristine times.

But once you claim or act to be the head because you make more money than your husband, then trouble is bound to happen.

Lemme give you one gist

There is a couple i know, the woman in question came from a wealthy family (billionaire) and she herself is a top director with shell oil company.

She got married to the love of her life from school(his family was broke as Bleep), she established him in business and now he doing very well for himself, tho the wife is still richer than he is if not more than 100-300 times.

Do you know that before she spends her own money, she takes permission from her husband?

Believe me dear, i can tell you that if an award was to go to the best couple, they will be winning it every year.

He adores,respect and cherishes his wife as a god and in return his wife is submissive in return.
Submission is one key factor for sustainability of marriage.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by cococandy(f): 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2022
Let me guess, you’re the one whose shoes he can’t lace? lipsrsealed

That being said, you want us to appreciate men more. I’m appreciating mine. Why is it peppering you?
RightToReject:

Only a pretentious and insincere woman in your stead will deny that her wish was not to have a man that has a good command of his lingua franca, a top-notch professional of international repute, and an all-round healthy and successful man as a husband. I am glad that such a man is among some other equally able men who have been present here on this fine Sunday morning catching fun while making his money on the go. But then, when desirable is not available, available becomes desirable.

There is nothing to be proud about a man that can't command his lingua franca; a man that can't afford to wittingly have fun while making serious money. Lol.

In summary, she, that her husband is not here on this "fine Sunday morning," who chooses to disparage the men who choose to be here should know that her husband can't afford to lace the shoes of one of the men, if not some of the men, here in his lifetime. Bye-bye!

4 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Oyindidi(f): 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Love your woman to the extend submission won't be a problem, don't command me like a trophy wife and expect me to submit.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by judedwriter(m): 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Fahdiga:
Kwankwaso should submit to Obi. It is not weakness

Abi o grin
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by royalfly(m): 7:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

Are you Christian?

The Bible says while we were yet sinners, Christ loved us and died for us.

How did He do it?

Good one.. what about how he loved us Christ like.. did he love you precious like... the instructions on marriage are clear and unconditional.. are you saying I should love without submission. Think of it, there was even submission before the marraige. That's why there is marraige in the first place. The bottom line is submission is the bedrock of marraige.. a sensible God fearing man would never take that for granted. The truth is that the good men continue to love without submission but it's always difficult and definitely bring issues all the time.. my dear, please advice on submission, that's the way forward. They many counter ideas to my stand but believe me count 1 before 2
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by HIPROFILE(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

If you are married to an unbeliever and they have decided to end the marriage, you should infact let them go.

Haba bros I no quote bible if I did you should have seen the verse lifted too..

That statement is just comon sense for a happy living for husband and wife… Wife no need come bossy on her husband above all understanding is key and now let me quote bible then.

Prov. 4:7 get ye wisdom and in all thy getting, get understanding…

Bro tell yourself the truth except if you are not married yet then I dont think we should be having this discussion because you will never understand.

If you have a wife who disrespects you, I guess you should know in mens world true Respect is seen as love while in womens world complete and proper show of affection means love.

Hence if you have a wife who disrespects your oder in your home your show of affections can never be complete towards her and one thing would always lead to another in other words Wife be submissive, be obedient and loyal to your husband (A responsible husband) by doing this you win his heart.
No man want to marry or have a disrespectful woman as a wife in the first place.

Bro incase you don't know this: In marriage understanding supersedes love. However it takes a wise woman and a responsible man to make a good home.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bluestone2015: 8:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Husband's unconditional love is not weakness and it's not slavery.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Dshocker(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

What rights do you think a husband has that the wife doesn't?

My sister for peace to reign, be submissive!
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by emmyileri(m): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.
Aren't you suppose to do your own part without waiting for the other person, it's what the scripture teaches. People this days are forming their own Bible and interpretation.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by emmyileri(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2022
MallamChukwudi:
Submission should not be confused with obedience. Obedience is like how a lady endure her rude boss due to her inability to get a good job out there, while submission is more of respect, because you can tell him no. You're strong on your right, which makes your submission an admission of strength.
Keep deceiving yourself and cut corners upon sighting the truth
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by chiedozie198100: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2022
The truth is if a woman submits to her husband in the begining of their marriage, the man eventually submits to her in the long run.

It even lasts longer for the woman. I wish most women understand this.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by NoToPile: 10:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
bukatyne:

Some of these Nairaland people will never see the husband love your wives part in the Bible.

Shey people that say their wife is not their blood only just relatives and children are the one that can love their wives?

People that don't even know what love is, can they love their wives as christ loved the church and gave his life for it, Eph 5:25.

They will never ever read their own Ephesians 5 till verse 25, they always stop at verse 24.

Eph 5:25-29 below.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 othat He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it just as the Lord does the church.

The word of God is perfect, true and unbroken.

Even from what this pastor said, they are conveniently leaving out the Love is a commandment part of his statement.

Abeg let everyone read the whole of ephesians 5, pray for enlightening by the holy spirit and many will realize what God expects from us in marriage is much more deeper than what we are seeing around.

Why men especially Christain men keep watering down the commandment of love your wives is what I don't get. Submission is there, loving too is there everything is biblical you sef love nau abi or is it that they can't love their wives the way it is commanded?

I am pained that the Church is gradually beginning to raise men that are not fit for marriage, have no idea of what it entails and the only thing in their heads is 'my wife must submit to me' they are not taught that it's biblical to love their wives, neither are they taught that they become one flesh with their wives when they marry. Maybe they are taught but they just ignore, Maybe it's the birth of lots of hippy yoppy churches around, I don't know but something is wrong somewhere.

Also some people that when tradition clashes with the Bible, they put Bible aside and tradition take the front play, in situations where traditions doesn't favor them they run back to the Bible, is it those ones that want to follow biblical commandments?

Generally there's something getting wrong with our Christianity generally in these parts and it's affecting marriage, the family, conduct etc. Don't they teach these things any more ni? Christain conduct etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by NoToPile: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
gram:

Submission and love are two of the most misunderstood words in scripture. They are not conditional, they are commandments i.e, even if your wife chooses not to submit, you must continue to love her and vice versa, while you both continue to work on this issue.

Both words as used, carry a spiritual connotation.

Many good women choose not to submit to their husbands, not because they are bad, but because they lack a submissive spirit and understanding of how this works. Likewise, many men lack the spirit of love. That is why it is advisable to work on yourself if you lack any of these qualities if you choose to be married as a Christian.

Marriage, as created by God is a sacrificial union that is not designed for anyone who lacks the spirit of submission and love. Both terms are extremely humbling and vulnerable states that are not for the proud. Love and submission are weakening states of human existence that should only be shared by people who understand them in a marriage. Howbeit, many are quick to expose their fleshly weakness in the name of passion but shy away from the weaknesses that God established for a successful marriage. It is impossible to have a Godly marriage without submission and love as God prescribed it that does not mean that the marriage may not be good. It is just biblically impractical for you not to have a head in a marriage. The head (husband) is actually a sacrificial position, that if well understood, is not desirable for status purposes - I can’t explain all in this post.

However, I will say this - many seem to liken submission in the home to submission to their bosses, the law, and other hierarchical institutions because that’s what they’ve been used to. If you ever grew up in a home where the mother submitted and the father truly loved his wife, you will not wish for anything else.

Unfortunately, we have less and less examples to guide us in this generation. Submission and love are fading away, and marriage is becoming a strategic venture. These two terms, if well understood and practiced, would have saved many truncated marriages today. May God help us all.

That said, many men who lack biblical understanding of the word submission are quick to use it as a means of control. That is one reason why many women are now very irritated by the word, because they believe it is equivalent to subjugation. No, it is not equivalent to subjugation or subservience, neither should it be used as a tool for subterfuge.

May God give you understanding.

Very solid points oo.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ebymyk(m): 12:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.
another feminist talking trash... Read your Bible very well...what you are saying is not in line with God's Word...
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Deborah98(f): 12:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Ebymyk:
another feminist talking trash... Read your Bible very well...what you are saying is not in line with God's Word...
Crawl back to sleep kiddo and stop wailing....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness / Signs A Person Loves Money Too Much / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.