Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) (24189 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / Pastor David Ibiyeomie's 55 Cakes In One 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by cococandy(f): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
pocohantas:

A foolish or stupid person. I think that is Edo language. That is how he does, I know him well na.

Ah. I thought he was misspelling some igbo version of ozugo.

Just negodu the dimwit calling me names.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by cococandy(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
pocohantas:

Like they are the ones helping us champion women rights. Even runs girls would take a percentage to buy indomie and share for motherless babies. But not their male counterparts. Those ones na to buy airpod and Benz to once again impress women. grin

Only woman matter full their coconut heads.

Indeed. They all have foundations and stuff they use to help. At least balance the equation.

No be these ones

3 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by pocohantas(f): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
cococandy:

Ah. I thought he was misspelling some igbo version of ozugo.

Just negodu the dimwit calling me names.

The luminouz dude no too get sense right from time. Only to be hyping himself as one premium Ibadan bachelor. That is before he proceeds to yarn gibberish on metaphysical.

5 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Vivvvy1(f): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
Thank you kiss
9jaRealist:

Of course they are….
When were they written?

Meanwhile, I thought you said the Bible SUPPORTS divorce…
It therefore means that the Bible’s grand design is working.

It’s PRIMITIVE to think divorce is the worst thing to happen to a marriage…
Unfortunately, that’s why so many suffer (even get killed) in toxic marriages.

Some people MISGUIDEDLY believe they’re helping kids…
But kids in toxic marriage situation duly recognize the toxicity, and are ADVERSELY affected.
>
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ayomi90: 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2022
Arielle:

Go read your bible and stop exposing your stupidity here.
Swerve, you are the one showing ur stupidity here, I gave d lady I quoted bible verse to back up my claims, u drop urs and stop sounding f00lish.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by cococandy(f): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
pocohantas:

The luminouz dude no too get sense right from time. Only to be hyping himself as one premium Ibadan bachelor. That is before he proceeds to yarn gibberish on metaphysical.

Smh. He knows what he’s doing because he obviously didn’t say anything to the guy I was responding to but decided to face me.

I wonder why they avoid facing other guys. Na for our body dem get power

3 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Kelvin3476: 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
sanpipita:
If indeed submission isn't slavery or weakness why do men avoid it?
UR MUMU QUESTION DESERVES DIRTY SLAP. IF A WOMAN CAN TAKE UP THE POSITION OF A MAN , THEN HE MUST SUBMIT TO THE WOMAN. BUT NO WOMAN CN DO THAT , SO WHY DEMAND RESPECT ?
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
Only when transfers are made to account can women truly submit.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bepositive11: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
Bluffly:

Lies. Love does not come before submission, they move together. Did he not love you before the marriage started, did you not make a vow to submit abi when making the vow you said your love is conditioned on his love. He loves you already except you are selfish and need him to love you extremely your way. Even Christ did not love us our own way but his christ way

I bet you that most Nigerian men and women don't even know what love means. They marry for lust of bodies and money
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bepositive11: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
Submission should be mutual and it should be conditional.

The man and woman must respect each other, value each other, be grateful for each other, and be of service to each other

Easyvibez:
Pastor David Ibiyeomie - Submission is not Weakness

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyaut7og1Q

Love is Commandment, Submission is not Weakness. This two are Biblical Principles for Marriage, created to ensure success in the home.

https://www.facebook.com/616387396569190

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by RightToReject(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2022
cococandy:

You’re not wrong. I can actually be called submissive.

And that’s to mostly everyone around me because I don’t like confrontation in any form. Neither do I like to expend energy unnecessarily. The only type of people that get the strong head version of me are the people that refuse to get sense. If you have sense, you won’t even know I’m around you. We’ll just exist peacefully side by side no wahala.

My husband can’t be on the internet on a fine Sunday morning wailing about submission when there are so many things he could be doing to make me happy and submissive.

I stay “submissive” to loving friends and family.

Unfortunately, that one's husband is not here on this fine Sunday morning does not automatically make him better in any way than any of the men that are here, at least the ones I know personally. One's husband's inability to read and write his lingua franca very well, which has always been the sole reason for his unwitting absence in a place like this, should be blamed. So, whether the ones here are sincerely wailing for submission or not does not matter.

6 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by appliedscience(m): 2:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.
A pastor once said ..... The reason the bible mandated the man to love the wife is ......cos it is a difficult thing for a man to love just one woman for a whole life time .....
And the reason the wife was instructed to submit ...is cos a woman would rather submit to people outside Dan the husband..... Even eve( created by God himsef) no gree submit to Adam.... She rather refer to listen to the serpent...
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by folake4u(f): 2:51pm On Jun 19, 2022
pocohantas:

A foolish or stupid person. I think that is Edo language. That is how he does, I know him well na.

Lol yes. You're correct,it's Edo language.

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by cococandy(f): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2022
RightToReject:

Unfortunately, that one's husband is not here on this fine Sunday morning does not automatically make him better in any way than any of the men that are here, at least the ones I know personally. One's husband's inability to read and write his lingua franca very well, which has always been the sole reason for his unwitting absence in a place like this, should be blamed. So, whether the ones here are sincerely wailing for submission or not does not matter.

Ah. So grammar is the problem? Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by kayperry: 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2022
sanpipita:
If indeed submission isn't slavery or weakness why do men avoid it?

Are you insinuating men don't submit to there boss/superior.
Is osibanjo not submitting to buhari sinister desire, the will not see fayemi, omosun, bankole and host of others submit to tinibu so he can fulfill is ambition. even among friends, partnership one person will alway dominate consciously or sub-conscious
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by ifycelebrity(f): 2:56pm On Jun 19, 2022
Deborah98:
The word submission don suffer for Nigerian men month. Any small thing submit... interesting. You don't force your wife to submit to you. You love her to submit to you. It's a two way thing. Wives submit yourselves unto your husband and in return husbands love your wives shikina...

PS: you guys shouldn't kill me with mentions Biko. But why is it so that whenever submission is mentioned all hell let loose. I'm a woman and I know what it means for a woman to submit to her husband. It is natural for a woman to do so but not when there is no reciprocation from her spouse. Like I wrote earlier you love a woman into submission and not force. I may not have the time to reply you all but I have taken corrections where needed and the rest kept in the trash bin. Thanks.
gbam iji ya.����
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Ishilove: 2:57pm On Jun 19, 2022
pocohantas:

That luminouz abi na luminate na very anyhow person. Always looking for who to gaslight, then hide his hands. Imagine the Ibadan most-wanted calling her Ozuorr. She dey her own the werey go quote am. undecided
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Elanqy: 3:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
I came to read comments from feminist

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by RightToReject(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2022
cococandy:

Ah. So grammar is the problem? Lmao

Only a pretentious and insincere woman in your stead will deny that her wish was not to have a man that has a good command of his lingua franca, a top-notch professional of international repute, and an all-round healthy and successful man as a husband. I am glad that such a man is among some other equally able men who have been present here on this fine Sunday morning catching fun while making his money on the go. But then, when desirable is not available, available becomes desirable.

There is nothing to be proud about a man that can't command his lingua franca; a man that can't afford to wittingly have fun while making serious money. Lol.

In summary, she, that her husband is not here on this "fine Sunday morning," who chooses to disparage the men who choose to be here should know that her husband can't afford to lace the shoes of one of the men, if not some of the men, here in his lifetime. Bye-bye!

5 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by lookingfly: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
Easyvibez:

Video

Love is Commandment, Submission is not Weakness. This two are Biblical Principles for Marriage, created to ensure success in the home.

I've come to realize that there is always this one situation that a woman will always submit.......when she is honey and want to do the do with her husband. She's always submissive in this condition.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by Bbbw: 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
Yeah
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
Easyvibez:

Video

Sir, today is Father's day;

Start to teach father's to love their wives and not frustrate their children.

The Bible is balanced, let the Church stop making it seem that God had/has something against women.

Men leaders, please start teaching your men what is expected of them and leave women alone.

We are teaching them just fine.

1 Like

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ayomi90:

Go read ur Bible and stop forming intelligent here.

If you read your Bible, you would know she is right.

Men love your wives, women submit to your husbands.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
BloomingDale:
There is no iota of submission in my body. Rather I will prefer the man submit to me. Not everyone believes in your misogynistic Bible and quoran that was made to cage the feminine energy.

You should have stopped at the paragraph before the bold.
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2022
Dshocker:

Na so bible talk am!

There is no way you won't have problems in marriage if you intend to have equal rights with your husband, even if you make or earn 100 times more than what he makes.

What rights do you think a husband has that the wife doesn't?

2 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
HantaVirus:
I want my wife to look into my eyes and correct me when i'm wrong.

I want my wife to be part of decision making in our home.

I want my wife to be my playmate/best friend.

I want my wife to be my biggest critic.

I don't need a submissive wife though I have nothing against someone being submissive.

I want my wife to be a strong woman who knows her worth smiley

And who says a submissive wife doesn't have the above characteristics?
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2022
royalfly:

How can love come without submission. What is there to love in absence of submission. Please count 1 before you count 2

Are you Christian?

The Bible says while we were yet sinners, Christ loved us and died for us.

How did He do it?
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
dominique:
If only these pastors can preach love and mutual respect between both couples with the same energy and vigour they're using to preach submission, maybe there won't be so much crises going on in most marriages. It takes two to make a marriage work not just submission from the wife.

I honestly wish they could.

I have commented and done threads on it.

I even raised it in Church once or twice; Male leaders, train your men!

3 Likes

Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2022
luminouz:

This is wrong biko

What is wrong?
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2022
LadyTara:
Maybe it's just me,I but feel these religious leaders have subconsciously passed the responsibility of keeping a marriage together on women.

They keep hammering on submission, virtuous woman ,infact if there is a crisis in a marriage it's usually the woman who has to fast and pray. undecided. I might be wrong ,but it's just my observation.

You are not wrong.

Although Churches are rising up now to talk to the men.

We will get there (hopefully)
Re: Submission Is Not Weakness - Pastor David Ibiyeomie (video) by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2022
gram:

Submission and love are two of the most misunderstood words in scripture. They are not conditional, they are commandments i.e, even if your wife chooses not to submit, you must continue to love her and vice versa, while you both continue to work on this issue.

Both words as used, carry a spiritual connotation.

Many good women choose not to submit to their husbands, not because they are bad, but because they lack a submissive spirit and understanding of how this works. Likewise, many men lack the spirit of love. That is why it is advisable to work on yourself if you lack any of these qualities if you choose to be married as a Christian.

Marriage, as created by God is a sacrificial union that is not designed for anyone who lacks the spirit of submission and love. Both terms are extremely humbling and vulnerable states that are not for the proud. Love and submission are weakening states of human existence that should only be shared by people who understand them in a marriage. Howbeit, many are quick to expose their fleshly weakness in the name of passion but shy away from the weaknesses that God established for a successful marriage. It is impossible to have a Godly marriage without submission and love as God prescribed it - that does not mean that the marriage may not be good. It is just biblically impractical for you not to have a head in a marriage. The head (husband) is actually a sacrificial position, that if well understood, is not desirable for status purposes - I can’t explain all in this post.

However, I will say this - many seem to liken submission in the home to submission to their bosses, the law, and other hierarchical institutions because that’s what they’ve been used to. If you ever grew up in a home where the mother submitted and the father truly loved his wife, you will not wish for anything else.

Unfortunately, we have less and less examples to guide us in this generation. Submission and love are fading away, and marriage is becoming a strategic venture. These two terms, if well understood and practiced, would have saved many truncated marriages today. May God help us all.

That said, many men who lack biblical understanding of the word submission are quick to use it as a means of control. That is one reason why many women are now very irritated by the word, because they believe it is equivalent to subjugation. No, it is not equivalent to subjugation or subservience, neither should it be used as a tool for subterfuge.

Finally ladies - it is totally okay to choose not to submit to a man in the world we live in today, as a matter of choice. After all, we have been exposed to so much information that tells us that we can make any kind of choice we like. But, make it very clear to the man in your life that you will not submit to him if he asks you to do so before marriage, and if he chooses to marry you, then great for both of you. If you are a Christian and chose to follow the Bible, don’t argue about it or trick a man into believing you are submissive, only to change the goal posts later - this is one of the main reasons for failed marriages today. Men are guilty of this too - many show love and stop once married - dont do that my friend, else your marriage may be full of problems.

Women value love so much, just as men value submission - and I’m not talking only Bible now. God made us that way, let’s not fool each other.

There are men out there who will marry a woman who chooses not to be submissive in marriage, and the marriage can still be good. I personally don’t think this should be a controversial issue, It’s 100% choice. However, I doubt if a woman will ever choose to marry a man who expressly chooses not to love her, unless she is compelled by circumstances to do so, and I would definitely not advise any woman to do so.

May God give you understanding.

Very interesting post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Ifeanyi, Paul Adefarasin's Wife Celebrates Him On His 58th Birthday / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.