Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,672 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. (39077 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by OluwafuntoAK(f): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
The American Lady who regained her senses 3 days later in Nigeria. (THE TRUTH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0Mx-mJBEs
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Charismatic107: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
This boiling ring Issa death trap. While growing up, there was a day my dad was boiling water with this boiling ring, he told my brother to remove the boiling ring from the jug once the water is hot. My brother so engrossed in the Fuji house of commotion comedy series that was aired every Sunday on AIT back then removed the heater from the water and placed it on the table without removing the plug from the socket. That was how smoked filled the whole room, If not for the timely intervention of my dad naso my brother for burn the whole house that day. RIP dad, May your soul continue to rest in peace.

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by money121(m): 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by DreeX: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
Several years ago, There was this day I left in on and later saw it very hot and red ...I had to go remove the cutout from the meter
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Godi25(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
This tin can shock for Africa... I receive more than 7 shocks from am

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by bid4rich(m): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
We dey use am cook beans when we dey school na

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by verybadmouth(m): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
I still have this
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by meobizy(f): 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
Budweiser? This one never enter uni, sef. Kai, I’m an elder in the midst of children.

I saw this device only in boarding house and nowhere else. I have no idea where it is sold neither do I care. It was manufactured for people below my standard of living.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by ibechris(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Wetin we take cook spaghetti for men hostel's those days.

The matter funny sha.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Moneyboyz: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
I knew what it's about before I entered the thread, I wish someone had a bet with me, I would have won.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Cti28(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
dochenaj:
Clearly you can't try using this with a prepaid meter. grin

As you're done cooking, your purchased token will follow the food and get done.
Lol
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Coly2012(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
This thing burn my mattress back then in school, I vex throw am away.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by hedocharles(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
The shock that year no be here! cry cry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Fairview1: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2022
maleekberry:
A deadly appliance shocked
A perfect example of small but mighty
You fit use am boil water, cook food and also make soup.

But if this heater shock you, all your hair go stand immediately

I dread this appliance than I dread Buhari. It's better imagined than to be experienced. Although I am speaking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by judedwriter(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ahhhh... angry

The fear of electric shock made me run away from this device...
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Scottmairi: 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.

Please, are you serious about the roasting thing? Because I feel like trying it out this evening �
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Fairview1: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fear this boiler

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by tempusfugit: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
at the age of 12 I almost killed myself by putting my hands inside the water of this device
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Yankee101: 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Naija university students suffer after buhari military regime sha. As he stopped cooking and cleaning for students, this was used to boil water, beans, rice, make pap etc

E shock students tire
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by showafrica(m): 3:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.

Does it roast it very well? E be like I go deploy this method
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Ximenez(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
I have never used it before, i dislike the appearance.
Electric Jug/kettle is better.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by shantti(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
tillaman:
Boiling ring do me shege
First time I plug am I come hold the iron part to Check if it’s working, you know the rest of the story
I dey around 12 yo that year

grin grin grin grin grin
It worked very well i'ld assume

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by President2001(m): 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Boiling ring as small as it's
It can burn down story building

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by GloriousGbola: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
tee59:
The olden days heaters were good and worked perfectly well. But the ones we have now, can't even last longer by mere only boiling water. Heater consumes much power.

this here.

now na dangerous chinko heater everywhere

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Omicron007: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
meobizy:
Budweiser? This one never enter uni, sef. Kai, I’m an elder in the midst of children.

I saw this device only in boarding house and nowhere else. I have no idea where it is sold neither do I care. It was manufactured for people below my standard of living.

You can't always be sure of what you utter.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Kenmatt(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
I'm afraid of that "Shit" I have not used it and I don't even wanna use it.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by bro4u: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
NeckingNgulping:
Back in the day, using this heater to heat water was very easy and stress-free when there was light. You don't have to waste kerosenes or gas or firewoods. Most time while having the heater inserted in the water and plugged to the socket, i would dip my finger in the water to check if the water is becoming hot.. Quite risky but, nothing happened to me.
Haba oga...small small

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by OkuFaba(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
I use am cook beans for hostel when sapa nack me
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by LordEclipse: 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lol..I always love removing it from water,let it hit well on its own and then put it back in the water just to hear that 'chioooo' sound..hahahahaa

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by bhella10: 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Chai!
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Rexymania(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
I hate it ehn. My Dad loved it bcus he loves drinking tea every morning
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Goalnaldo(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
The last time we owned this stuff was more than 18 years ago but I still remember it gave me two or three shocks back then.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenneth Bramor Buys Timi, His First Wife A Rolls Royce After Marrying A 2nd Wife / My Dead Neighbour / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.