Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. (1514 Views)

My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App / I'm Depressed, Sad, Down And Heartbroken. / When I Was 15 , I Had An Abortion , 14 Years Later .... (Read My Shocking Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2022
When I was 15 years old or there about.

I got my heart broken and I was looking all sad and moody, that everyone knew something was wrong with me.

My father called me to his room one day. I kept asking myself "what have you done this time. " I knocked on his door and he said "come in" In his deep, low voice.

When I opened the door, he was sitting on his old wooden chair in front of his table that was filled with books.

He said "I heard you're moody because of a girl" He's warned me about lieing several times so, lieing in this situation is like pouring fuel to a burning fire. I said "Yes sir"

I was taken aback by his next question that I couldn't help but stare at him with my mouth wide open. "what did you learn?" He said.

I didn't say anything so, he continued. You're 15 years old, turning into a man already and you couldn't learn anything from something that is controlling your emotion?

He told me to sit down beside him. Emotions is an inseparable part of you. So, I can't tell you to ditch it entirely.

You and your emotions are like a hand and a car steering.

However, having no control over your emotions turns you into a car steering that is getting controlled by a hand (your emotions).

Anyone that can control your emotions automatically becomes the hand that controls the steering (you).

Always being the one in control of your emotions. Doesn't mean their won't be slip offs, but when you expect it, it prevents you from becoming disappointed or act irrationally.

As you turn into a man, the world will continue to give you options to either control your emotions or regret it after coming back to your senses.

#HappyFathersDay

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
My granddad would have used well rope to flog you... undecided

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Bluntguy: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2022
So you started simping at fifteen?

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Cypress042(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2022
grin grin There's high probability you're still Simping now wink

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Bluezy13(m): 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2022
And you made the old man think you were listening to him.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Asceleb16(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Wow! I'm wowed by this

wish i could have a good father
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
No, I started learning what being a man means at 15.
Bluntguy:
So you started simping at fifteen?
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
You should know what a simp means first. You sound dumb.
Cypress042:
grin grin There's high probability you're still Simping now wink
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Well, mine didn't.
Datboredberri:
My granddad would have used well rope to flog you... undecided
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Be a good father.

There's shortage of them.
Asceleb16:
Wow! I'm wowed by this

wish i could have a good father
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Cypress042(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
Alphalab:
You should know what a simp means first. You sound dumb.
undecided
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
You won't get this experience of mine if I didn't.
Bluezy13:
And you made the old man think you were listening to him.
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Bluezy13(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
Alphalab:
You won't get this experience of mine if I didn't.

You heard him.
You didn't listen to him.
You told me what you heard.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2022
And how did you know I didn't listen to him?

Bluezy13:

You heard him.
You didn't listen to him.
You told me what you heard.
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Sekoni003(m): 1:24am On Jun 21, 2022
Your pops was a wise man
Re: What My Dad Told Me When I Was 15 And Heartbroken. by Alphalab(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2022
Yeah, I was lucky to have him.
Sekoni003:
Your pops was a wise man

(1) (Reply)

The Day She Gave Me The Shock Of My Life :'( / Our Mummy Is Doing Ashawo Work While We Are Hungry - Poor Children Laments / My Friend Has Never Been In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.