Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,729 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? (2969 Views)

Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Share Your Dreams And The Holyspirit Will Help Interpret / Can One Really Purchase The Holyspirit By His Own Effort? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:43am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

Now the Spirit has already been given. If a believer falls

You are still not answering the question about "the wait in Jerusalem for The Holy Spirit" if any of them had gone fornicating, and saying the deepest purest Truth in your soul, (putting away all your wishes) do you reasonably believe such a one would still receive The Holy Spirit on that day?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

Well I don't ever want to figure out what faith is. All I need to do is follow the prescription of Jesus when I pray:

NKJV Mr 11:22,24: "²² So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith. …

 So how can have or keep a thing if you never understand how to properly use it?

Or how can you use a thing if you do not figure out how it operates? Exactly like being given a Cessna or Submarine to use to go anywhere around the world.

Without due understanding you would never fly the Cessna out of the port nor move the submarine and the bottom line is "You would not go anywhere".
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

 So how can have or keep a thing if you never understand how to properly use it?

Or how can you use a thing if you do not figure out how it operates? Exactly like being given a Cessna or Submarine to use to go anywhere around the world.

Without due understanding you would never fly the Cessna out of the port nor move the submarine and the bottom line is "You would not go anywhere".

Hahahahaha

I was being sarcastic! SMH

I said that, and then went on to to show using that scripture EXACTLY HOW FAITH WORKS from the mouth of Jesus himself! That scripture is so self explanatory that i had nothing to add!

My bad i didn't know you don't understand sarcasm
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:24am On Jun 26, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided
kobo kobo...you still dey envagelise for satan. Na wa o! shocked
Kobojunkie:
Again...What do you gain from lying to disparage my person yet refusing to provide scriptural evidence to actually invalidate any of what I state of the Word of God, Jesus Christ? undecided
kobo kobo...you still dey envagelise for satan. Na wa o!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You are still not answering the question about "the wait in Jerusalem for The Holy Spirit" if any of them had gone fornicating, and saying the deepest purest Truth in your soul, (putting away all your wishes) do you reasonably believe such a one would still receive The Holy Spirit on that day?

I don't do these type of things because it amounts to you not receiving Jesus' words for what they are saying and are hell bent on emphasizing something Jesus never even considered in his own instructions. If "being sinless" was so important why did Jesus not mention it? You so much want to add "awhoring" into the simple instructions of Jesus. I won't help you do that

We like to major on the minor and minor on the major. We like to put emphasis on words not recorded while paying little attention to the word recorded. It's much like the JWs adding "other" in that Colossians 1:16 passage "all [other] things were created through him" while ignoring what that passage itself was saying, now concentrating on the added word "other". That's how you are also trying to add in "being Holy" into Jesus' instructions while ignoring that all he said was "wait in Jerusalem" = "don't go away from Jerusalem to another place", and after adding in "remain holy" are now trying to focus on those words you're adding in that weren't said by Jesus at all to make it about that! I certainly won't help you do that

But because I know you will run away from the questions I'd asked while using this as excuse, and won't see that your answer is already embedded in what I already said, i will help you see it so that you can pls, pls pls, answer my questions and not run away!

I said "now the Holy Spirit has already been given" he can get it 30 seconds after repenting...

Applying this to the hypothetical folk in Jerusalem (dunno why you can't see your answer is already there)

If he goes fornicating and repents what will now matter is if the Spirit has already been given when he's repented or not

If the Spirit is not yet given and none of the others have received, then of course he would still need to wait na! That's the whole point of their waiting! Wait till the Spirit is given! He repented didn't he? What does God now have against him having repented of that sin that he is remembering against him to withhold the Spirit from him, God that forgives and remembers the sin no more? He will CERTAINLY receive too!

If it was while he was fornicating that the Spirit was given, then he won't receive while he's still actively committing that sin. But if he comes out and realizes what has happened and then repents, again what is God holding against him afterwards, God that forgives without remembering again?! That's when he now becomes the case of the response i gave earlier! Now the Spirit has already been given like my earlier response! And as in that case in that earlier response he too well receive 30 seconds after repenting because God is not holding anything against him!

The waiting IS NEVER about any other thing else other than not going away from Jerusalem! that's all Jesus said! That was the only reason to wait! Let Jesus' words be sufficient for you

It is a simple thing by anyone to say "Lord forgive me of my sin" if you're concerned about that. Abi you have to wait for forgiveness again ni? Immediately you are ready to receive the Spirit for he is already given, no need to wait for anything anymore!

The moment he does as I said and repents of that sin he will also get it certainly much like any other person who receives it

Now pls respond to my question of just why a person who is born again and therefore already has a measure of the Spirit should have difficulty in getting that "extremely Holy Spirit" who already dwells in him to fill him up on another measure since he's quite ok to dwell in him in the first place. Thank you
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

Hahahahaha

I was being sarcastic! SMH

Actually, you confessed The Truth and showed how you truly did not understand what Christ taught.

If knew Christ, you would know that the Words of the Wise are always too few and never complete!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:06am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

I . If "being sinless" was so important 1hy did Jesus not mention it?

He did!

Ye always say
"seek Ye First (Number 1) the kingdom of God... AND (PLUS +) HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS (SINLESS)

THEN

Number 2) ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU!"?

"Go and sin no more"
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

He did!

Ye always say
"seek Ye First (Number 1) the kingdom of God... AND (PLUS +) HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS (SINLESS)

THEN

Number 2) ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU!"?

Now you discard the Christ's Growth Procedure!

Now pls respond to my question of just why a person who is born again and therefore already has a measure of the Spirit should have difficulty in getting that "extremely Holy Spirit" who already dwells in him to fill him up on another measure since he's quite ok to dwell in him in the first place. Thank you
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

You avoided answering my question but you want me to answer yours. I understand. cheesy God is Praised!.

Here is my answer

Born again means conversion and therefore the born again must be different from his former pre-born again person, like a car that was a right hand drive being converted to left hand drive!

But if a car is a right hand drive and still looks the right hand drive it is no body in the world will reasonable say that that the car is born again and has become a left hand drive. So it is with a liar and whor.e chaser who claims he is born again and yet we still see him lying and awhoring.

It is not possible for any reasonable person to say that such a person has changed and that he is born again. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

So, like the right handed car that has not been converted, he was never born again.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 8:59am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You avoided answering my question but you want me to answer yours. I understand. cheesy God is Praised!.

Here is my answer

Born again means conversion and therefore the born again must be different from his former pre-born again person, like a car that was a right hand drive being converted to left hand drive!

But if a car is a right hand drive and still looks the right hand drive it is no body in the world will reasonable say that that the car is born again and has become a left hand drive. So it is with a liar and whor.e chaser who claims he is born again and yet we still see him lying and awhoring.

It is not possible for any reasonable person to say that such a person has changed and that he is born again. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

So, like the right handed car that has not been converted, he was never born again.

Great. But so long as he was really born again and therefore has a measure of the Spirit by being born again, he will have absolutely no problems with being baptised with that same Holy Spirit right? No need to wait again for that same Holy Spirit to fill him since he's quite ok with in-dwelling him in the first place
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dangerousboy(m): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

Amen! You already have the Holy Spirit within you anyways when you get saved, so why would he hesitate to fill you in the baptism of the Spirit too?
that's what I just answered. I doubt you read through the whole write up. He doesn't hesitate, he can even fill you now if you want him to.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Here is my answer

Great. But so long as he was really born again and therefore has a measure of the Spirit by being born again, he will have absolutely no problems with being baptised with that same Holy Spirit right? No need to wait again for that same Holy Spirit to fill him since he's quite ok with in-dwelling him in the first place
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:06am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

If He was Truly Changed, then he would be at Stage 2 (the waiting for all other things to be added)

And if other things are not added, clearly you are not in stage 2 and clearly you are not born again. That is The Law!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If He was Truly Changed, then he would be at Stage 2 (the waiting for all other things to be added)

And if other things are not added, clearly you are not in stage 2 and clearly you are not born again. That is The Law!

I'm struggling to understand this comment. He will "wait" again?? Even after he already has the Holy Spirit indwelling him by virtue of being born again? What's the hesitation by the Holy Spirit to fill up one whom he can already indwell because he's "truly born again"? Wait exactly for what?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 9:14am On Jun 26, 2022
Dangerousboy:
that's what I just answered. I doubt you read through the whole write up. He doesn't hesitate, he can even fill you now if you want him to.

I was agreeing with you

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dangerousboy(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

I was agreeing with you
OK.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:29am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

Even after he already has the Holy Spirit indwelling him by virtue of being born again?

The Holy Spirit you have in you is simply like your battery to your phone. If He goes away from you, You Die!

That is all. Nothing more.

So because you have this wonderful "Battery" you are able to be either be the sinner we easily become or the righteous man we have to work hard to become. Hence as Solomon said "A living dog"

Mikee19:

What's the hesitation by the Holy Spirit to fill up one whom he can already indwell because he's "truly born again"? Wait exactly for what?

As you see, you are a living dog and Mathew 7:6 tells you Holy Things can not be given to living dogs.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by immaculatesense(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2022
Mikee19:

1) Again proverbs 8 IS NOT Jesus, but I'll show this better then

2) One more time, yes Jesus was less than the Father ON EARTH as the first passage you referenced! Anything other that is now authority (no more greatness over) but again you keep counting the authority one has over another (like a man with his wife) as the fact that he's greater. I have said that this isn't the same thing

It seems you're trying to make me answer this issue right now and are impatient with these continued responses. I have said it over and over again in this forum that that thread is coming! Don't worry I'll be MUCH more detailed there! That's the reason we're having this discussion over and over. I'll be perfectly detailed there, pls wait for it!

Again, it's not that I cannot respond more convincingly than this. I know these scriptures. I can address them even much better. pls wait
Smile...wat shows that one person is greater than the other is AUTHORITY that one exercise over the others...and we really do not differ except the fact that u said Jesus is only less than God wen he was a man...and I accept but I am saying he is still lesser since the salvation mission is not yet complete and Jesus in not yet Joined with the Father but still sitting at the Father's right hand...wen the mission is complete...he will be United and one and equal to the Father... simple
But I will wait for u thread...wen it's ready... mention me...if u have a solid point..who am I...I will sit and learn...but for now I will wait
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
Pastoshizzy:
kobo kobo...you still dey envagelise for satan. Na wa o! :okobo kobo...you still dey envagelise for satan. Na wa o!
You mean teaching the Truth as spoken by Jesus Christ Himself, the Gospel and Law in the Kingdom of God, is akin to evangelizing for Satan? undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 3:51am On Jul 13, 2022
One question with numerous views. God help us
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 6:01am On Jul 13, 2022
Lighthouse50:

But u can discern (at least u should be able to). You can see who actually used scripture correctly. In this world there are many voices. Test the spirits to see which is of God
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Salvation/Redemption is a process that spans one's entire life - those who remain faithful - continually submitting and obeying the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- till the end will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. So, rather than focus on the length, shift your mind to focus instead on the process and the work that you are to do, for instance learning the details of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments and putting them all into practice, which is pretty much all the work God has for His people to do. undecided

So long as you are resolved to living life in continuous submission and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments, not to be confused in any way with the doctrines and traditions of men(including your pastors and mogs), God will give you what you are ready for when you are ready for it. undecided
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Mikee19(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
Op u believe the Bible right?

NKJV Lu 11:9-13: "⁹ “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. ¹⁰ For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. ¹¹ If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? ¹² Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? ¹³ If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”"

Jesus words. Not mine. He said to ask and you'll receive, because EVERYONE who asks receives. See it in verse 10. He wasn't lying. There's not a single soul that will ask that won't receive unless Jesus lied!

Then he proceeded to say, which human being denies his child of fish or bread you give them something else? That HOW MUCH MORE than that will God give to Holy Spirit to those who asks him! Notice that Jesus is talking about RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT!

Again, EVERYONE WHO ASKS MUST RECEIVE according to what Jesus himself said in this scripture! if you ask and don't receive, then either Jesus lied or you simply didn't take him at his word to receive! Everyone is everyone. You MUST receive!

Again, notice he called the Holy Spirit a "good gift", saying if as bad as you are u know how to give good gifts to your children, God will give the Holy Spirit even more!

"EVERYONE WHO ASKS RECEIVES"...

There is nowhere in all the entire Bible, that anybody ever asked for the Holy Spirit, and didn't receive instantly.

NOWHERE!

Cornelius received before asking.

John's disciples received immediately Paul laid hands and prayed

The Samaritans received immediately Peter and John arrived to pray for them

EVERYBODY received IMMEDIATELY THEY ASKED!

Nobody had to wait at all in the Bible to receive at all having asked!

It is UNSCRIPTURAL to be told to wait to receive when you ask because according to Jesus, EVERYONE who asks receives, and Jesus CANNOT lie!

Yes people waited for different things in the Bible. The apostles waited in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit to be poured out because he wasn't yet given. Not that they were paying to receive and didn't get it. That would be against Jesus' words

The Samaritans waited for Peter and John to come to pray for them, not that they were busy praying for the Holy Spirit without receiving. That would be against Jesus' words...

Nobody ever asked for the Spirit in the scripture and didn't receive! That would be against Jesus' words! EVERYONE who asks MUST receive because Jesus said so, and Jesus CANNOT lie!

You won't find a scripture with ppl praying, crying, begging, seeking for the Spirit, because they didn't receive. EVERYONE who asks MUST receive!

Nobody can provide a scripture where someone asked and didn't get it instantly, that will mean Jesus was lying...

Ask and you will receive. This is Jesus' promise. No father withholds bread or fish from his child. God CANNOT withhold the Holy Spirit from you!

You see, with all the promises in the scripture, there are those who don't see the fulfillment, but it doesn't mean God lied. The problem is NEVER God. It is ALWAYS the ppl involved. Don't judge God's word using ppl's experiences. Instead use God's word to DETERMINE your experiences!

Let God be true, and every man a liar. Believe Jesus. Believe God. Everyone who asks receives. He wasn't lying. Believe him and receive today!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Mikee19:

But u can discern (at least u should be able to). You can see who actually used scripture correctly. In this world there are many voices. Test the spirits to see which is of God

You mix things up a lot and when true believers try to correct you the next thing is arguing blindly!

If it's easy to discern who is saying the truth Jesus won't say "by their FRUITS you will know them" {Matthew 7:16} all of us knows what a fruit means and we know that a tree must first be planted (the utterances of any religion) it must saturates in the soil (running through the heart of the listener) before germinating (developing positive thoughts) then it will start growing (actions taken to attend more meetings with fellow believers where the little plant will be watered with healthful teachings) until it grows into a tree (everyone around notice the changes) then begin bearing fruit (become a fully competent and completely equipped disciple who can also preach and teach effectively to make disciples)

So how do you think by ordinarily listening to numerous opinions that's contradictory the one listening can figure out which one is correct? smiley

All of them will quote the scriptures just as Satan was quoting the scriptures when trying to mislead Jesus! Luke 4:1-13

Well you've been running around but let me tell you that you can't hide, only Jehovah's Witnesses have received the spirit of God that's why it's only that organization that's producing the expected fruit of the spirit.

Let others prove themselves not by blindly arguing over letters of the scriptures {2Corinthians 3:6} but through the evidence of the WORKS as the Holy Spirit touches their members throughout the earth to go out and meet their neighbours preaching zealously and industriously teaching the Good News about God's Kingdom! James 2:18-26

In the absence of that then the spirit in them is deceiving them because Jesus said:

"Every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit" Matthew 7:17-18

If their members aren't known globally as kingdom evangelizers like what the inhabitants of Antioch noticed {Act 11:26} then they are not WITNESSES of Christ! 1:8 smiley

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Templee333(m): 3:22am On Aug 06, 2022
McStoic:

Yes you can. But don't think it's because of the fasting you are going to receive it. It's based more on your faith, desire and motive for asking for the baptism..

Take time to wait upon God in a private atmosphere, if possible play Christian songs that edifies your spirit. Keep yourself consecrated and focused. As you pray and ask, speak out whatever voice comes to your mind by faith. Keep on believing and consistently speaking it and praying with the tongues in the days following... You will get used to it and begin to see yourself move deeper in godliness and revelations..

Pray with Luke 11:13. Remind God of His promise there
perhaps God has 4gotten some of his promises so remind him.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2022
Templee333:

perhaps God has 4gotten some of his promises so remind him.
Its an opinion. If you think he is not correct, then you should correct in love
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Templee333(m): 10:48am On Aug 06, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Its an opinion. If you think he is not correct, then you should correct in love
mine is also an opinion,not correction. Or how else could an omniscience being not kno what 2 do until u remind him?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Lighthouse50: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2022
Templee333:

mine is also an opinion,not correction. Or how else could an omniscience being not kno what 2 do until u remind him?
Let all men be a liar and only GOD Be true
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Templee333(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Let all men be a liar and only GOD Be true
uhm...ok,i understand now,we're all liars.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Joychinonyerem: 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2022
On point
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lighthouse50:
Dear readers, Acts 1 vs 8 says 'and you shall receive power when the holyspirit falls on you. Then you will be my witness from jerusalem to the uttermost part of the earth' Holyspirit is needed to receive power. Please how do one get the holyspirit? How long does it take to get it? Those who have gotten it, can you tell us your experience. Waiting for responses.
Provided one lives in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself in John 8 vs 31 - 36, you are looking at approximately 4 years.
6 Jesus told this story: “A man had a fig tree. He planted it in his garden. He came looking for some fruit on it, but he found none.
7 He had a servant who took care of his garden. So he said to his servant, ‘I have been looking for fruit on this tree for three years, but I never find any. Cut it down! Why should it waste the ground?’
8 But the servant answered, ‘Master, let the tree have one more year to produce fruit. Let me dig up the dirt around it and fertilize it.
9 Maybe the tree will have fruit on it next year. If it still does not produce, then you can cut it down.’” - Luke 13 vs 6 - 9
Re: How Long Does It Take To Receive The Holyspirit After Salvation? by Dangerousboy(m): 1:31am On Apr 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Provided one lives in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ as stipulated by Jesus Christ Himself in John 8 vs 31 - 36, you are looking at approximately 4 years.
how did you arrive with such figure? 4 years? But the Samaritans in Acts 8 received the Holy Ghost almost immediately after salvation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Dejavu The Evidence Of A Parallel Universe? / The Real Descendants Of Abraham Did Not Pay Tithes / How Tolerant Are You? Can You Marry An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.