Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi (41686 Views)

Lunatics Have Increased In Lagos Due To Hardship Under Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu -Rewane / Aftermath Of Owo Church Attack: 70% Of Our People Have Left – Sarkin Hausawa / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Pardubice: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
LegendHero:

One would think Obi Pandora turned Anambra to Dubai when he governed with all this useless hype from his Meth addicts fans.

na envy go kee u. It will still dawn on u
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by HeroicMeastro: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

https://dailytrust.com/70-of-nigerian-politicians-are-lunatics-peter-obi
Look at this slowpoke, BIG HEADED coward calling others lunatic

1 Like

Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Pakute: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2022
Prayfortheworld:
Come on you can do better is this all you've got? 250m is not money no politician will steal such amount That's the amount those yahoo boys control
Come on dig deep You never get talk Obi 2023
#250 million each stacked in suites. You obviously have comprehension issues.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Bridget95(f): 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2022
LegendHero:

What happened to that transformation now?

Was Anambra previously Dubai and now back to Nigeria? Did Obiano destroyed all Obi legacy or why is Anambra the way it is now?
He used state funds no matter how little to bring about development and left with much savings in the state coffers.
P.O is a known manager.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Minjim: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Igbos and Nigerians are mow united.

Nigeria can now be taken back.

Nigeria is no longer a zoo.

Everyone has forgotten about Nnamdi Kanu

My own is after Peter Obi loses the Election you people shouldn't return to status quo.

Let's keep the peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by deeva2: 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
oguns222:

It is not about Obi winning. It is about how you manage to remain stupid after 8 years of national economic backwardness.

Pray tell me, what got you stuck to stupidity? cheesy

Do you wish your children a good future at all?

My children future is already safe and secured..

I really pity you because Its very obvious that yours and your children future is attached to ur Obituary that wut smell Aso rock.

BAT 2023.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Fearyourcreator: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
LegendHero:

One would think Obi Pandora turned Anambra to Dubai when he governed with all this useless hype from his Meth addicts fans.

Lolzzzz
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Jsucre(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ponmo nse bi eran
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by after4: 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2022
Your kinsmen will be president of iragbiji kingdom, dindiri

EfonAlaaye2023:

wonder shall never end, even igbo calling Tinubu Tinubu, calling Muslims head slammers and Yoruba Afonjas is calling someone tribal bigot

your kinsman will be President of his family house, clown grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by 8stargeneral: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2022
buckeyemedia:
8StarGeneral I am still waiting for your reply?
Go and find out ur self why he left then u come back to our previous argument...I don't answer such question.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by adekolaelect(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
You are right sir ,but among of them bcs the "Pandora " come to mind.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Everlastingson: 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fairmedia:
Biafrans say they are not Nigerians, only a fool will vote for a people whose aim is to destroy the country.

Hater! Since you voted for Buhari in your "wisdom" how has your life been? If you don't kill hate it will kill you.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by orisa37: 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
I SUPPORT 90%.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by ncoolsome(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
LegendHero:

And dubai was built in 8yrs abi.....olodo
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by PotatoSalad(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Kingmakerde3rd:

“We have prayed enough, it is time to act. With these people in power? You can pray from now until anytime, they won’t go until you chase them out. So, it is time to act, not just pray. It is time for us to close the church and deal with these people.”

This statement by Peter Obi shows that he has belief problem, he is not a Christian but a deceiver, so what has he been going churches to do? An adage from his tribe says "ngwere hapụ ukwu osisi, aka akpara ya". Pls remind him that prayer is the master key, the Jesus Christ he claims to be following started with prayer and ended with prayer.

All the prayers in this world, look where you guys are. Poverty capital of the world.
Social vices and atrocities=A1
No value of human life=A1
Corruption=A1.
Economic development= F9.
Number of churches=A1

Continue praying.
They've left you guys behind.
Egypt, Rwanda, south Africa are now African giants. Even small Ghana is following suit.
Continue praying you hear. Make God send manna from heaven to fix your problems
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Bonavi: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:
You are also a lunatic for stealing #250 million cash each stacked in suites cases as a Governor and looting millions of dollars in shell companies abroad.
ofcourse we know how Tinubu movement created the story on getting the Intel that Obi will be contesting.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by PotatoSalad(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
PussyOdour:

If you're known beyond the shores of your village and family, come and arrest me.
You meant his street.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by SupremeSpecimen: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2022
deeva2:

You having more properties in Lag is a reflection of a good governance in Lagos state made possible by the City boy..

Again, Thanks for the Visa sir
I love you with all sincerity
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Prayfortheworld: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:

#250 million each stacked in suites. You obviously have comprehension issues.

Show the pictures of the suites with the money in it and I'll give you 500k now I'm not kidding

I will give you 500k show the pictures and the money
If i didn't send you the money let me die
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by membranus: 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
NetValueFX:

Neither will Yoruba rule this country ever again!

But Yoruba have ruled it over and over again: Obasanjo, Shonekan, Obasanjo. And the incoming, Tinubu.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by membranus: 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Prayfortheworld:

Show the pictures of the suites with the money in it and I'll give you 500k now I'm not kidding

For him to trust you, send half the 500k now, and pronto you will get the Peter Obi's pictures with suites of N250m.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Prayfortheworld: 3:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
membranus:

For him to trust you, send half the 500k now, and pronto you will get the Peter Obi's pictures with suites of N250m.
I don't play childish game .. he knows is a lie but he wants to lie against obi so let him get the pictures I'll release the funds to him
I'm a gambler i don't go back on my words
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Hamachi(f): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi!!!! You are you right but the truth is you cannot do it ALONE. There are people invested heavily in milking Nigeria, I do hope you get there and make the change we all desire but be warned this guy's don't play defense.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Honor10:
Lolz. Lizard thinking himself as crocodile, don't worry you will be taught a bitter lesson in 2023, if you win any state outside SE come and arrest me.
who be dis one again Ooo Soo u still wan collect #10,000 and suffer for 4yrs again? U better wake up now and vote Peter obi
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2022
LegendHero:

does ur state gorvenor turn ur state to Dubai To slap u dey hungry me here boss
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
EfonAlaaye2023:
I swear PO can't come third in this coming election, let all igbo get their Biafra flag down because they're going back to default after their bad outing in the zoo election

werey people cheesy
u are in what number
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Bishop95(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:
You are also a lunatic for stealing #250 million cash each stacked in suites cases as a Governor and looting millions of dollars in shell companies abroad.

You are just insane I swear, suffer no dey tire some people nii
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Pakute: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Prayfortheworld:

The IG was petitioned about the case. Anambra state assembly inaugurated a committee to investigate the matter that it caused so much rancour among members of the house. Yet you asking me to show you pictures. Pictures kee you there.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by zinaunreal(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
ScamHunter:

No one should mention Atiku in this election. It should be between Obi and Tinubu. The best and the worst. Nigerians should reach a consensus to elect either Obi to see real progress or vote Tinubu to finish the country patapata. Then eye go open everybody.

Tinubu my man grin grin
It's his father's office
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by LegendHero(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
Emola12:
does ur state gorvenor turn ur state to Dubai To slap u dey hungry me here boss

At least he turned it to a place where people from Peter Obi state can run to for economic prosperity.

That alone is enough.

2 Likes

Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by oakin: 3:34pm On Jun 20, 2022
The Guardian
Menu
Search
Home
Nigeria
World
Politics
Sport
Opinion
Business
Technology
Guardian Life
Guardian Arts
Features
Guardian Woman
Guardian Angels
Property
Saturday Magazine
Sunday Magazine
#EndSARS
Guardian TV
Guardian TV
Guardian Life
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Telegram
Columnists
Pandora Papers: Throwing stone in a market place
By Luke Onyekakeyah
20 October 2021 | 2:40 am
Peter Obi
Former Anambra State governor Peter Obi

The release of the much-talked about and controversial Pandora Papers is akin to throwing stone in a market place, which could fall on an innocent person. The thrower, before releasing the stone (missile), must have made up his mind to cause injury, knowing full well that the stone must fall on somebody’s head who could be innocent. But despite that awareness, he still goes ahead to throw it not minding who the victim might be. The Pandora Papers has caused harm in that perspective.

There are certain fundamentals members of the public must reflect upon about the Pandora Papers, which, for the past weeks, has buzzed the media world for mentioning some high and powerful political leaders from around the world. Understanding the nuances is important in appreciating the essence of the report and what it was set out to achieve.

This is not the first time the world is confronted with this kind of reports that shocked the world’s political and financial systems. Granted that we are operating in a free world of free press where press freedom is the norm, just as everyone is entitled to his opinion, any opinion in the media remains personal to the extent that it carries no weight of any established authority anywhere in the world.

The likes of WikiLeaks, Panama Papers, Paradise Papers, to name but a few, that set out to expose alleged illegal financial deals by individuals and corporate bodies worldwide remain the opinion of those behind them. While they may have succeeded in throwing up smear campaign against the perceived victims, which is bad enough, the fact that their legality is questionable and their credibility doubtful renders them powerless and that explains why no one is incarcerated on account of their revelations. If the opinion of these private watchdogs could be relied upon by any government anywhere to persecute any victim of the reports, then, one’s enemies could sponsor the investigations just to indict him and paint him in bad light.

Today, we are dealing with Pandora Papers, the outcome of an investigative project said to be executed by some 600 journalists from 150 media organizations from around the world, who took it upon themselves to leak secret information in over 11 million confidential files.

After working for no less than two years, according to reports, the investigators were able to sniff through leaked files (not official documentation) from offshore services firms, which revealed the financial dealings of some 35 present and former world leaders, in addition to dealings of more than 330 public officials in more than 91 countries.

The quantum of information leaked revealed how the rich in many countries in Africa, Europe and Asia allegedly made huge financial gains through offshore businesses in the so-called tax havens.

Some of the world leaders listed in the report include the Russian President Vladimir Putin, former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair and King Abdullah II bin Al-Hussien of Jordan who have all denied any wrong doing.

The mention of the former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, in the report, has raised much misgiving among Nigerians who hold Peter Obi in high esteem for distinguishing himself among the crop of greedy leaders who have undeveloped Nigeria. Peter Obi seems to be a victim of a stone thrown in a marketplace which has fallen on the head of an innocent man. Thus, by mentioning Peter Obi, a man who is perceived as a model of a leader in Nigeria’s corruption-ridden leadership class, the report, more or less, shot itself in the foot, thereby, raising doubts about its credibility.

Peter Obi is one of the very few individuals who could be called upon to help correct the mounting ills plaguing Nigeria. If every leader in Nigeria behaves like him, Nigeria will be a lot better for all of us. As a viable possible presidential candidate, how do you prove that his political enemies have not been involved in the Pandora Papers project to nail him and smear his hard earned good image?

While the foreign victims of the report may not be known to Nigerians who are the victims of corruption in the country, they certainly know those who have used their exalted political position to rob the public and Peter Obi is nowhere near that group. It was sensational when Premium Times, a Nigerian news medium, carried the uninspiring story in a way that suggests a hatchet job. Since the news broke out, rather than tarnish the reputation of Peter Obi, it has instead burgeoned and re-enforced his integrity among those who see the report as bogey corruption allegation orchestrated by his political enemies to destroy his untainted image.

Peter Obi’s alleged offenses were two: One that he didn’t make a full disclosure of his assets when he became the governor of Anambra State and two, that he owns businesses in offshore tax havens. Obi has explained that he disclosed all his personal assets but left those he jointly owned with members of his family. This is a matter Nigeria’s Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has jurisdiction to deal with. There is also the anti-corruption agency – the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). All these agencies have the liberty since Peter Obi left office as governor to probe him in accordance with the law. And of course, Peter Obi has passed through their investigative scrutiny and found to carry no baggage.

With regard to having businesses in offshore tax havens, the question is how having business in tax havens constitutes an act of corruption. A tax haven is a country or independent area that levies low tax rate with the aim of attracting foreign investments. The 10 top tax havens include corporate-focused havens like the Netherlands, Singapore, Ireland, and the U.K., while Luxembourg, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, and Switzerland feature as both major traditional tax havens and major corporate tax havens (Google).

The first sign of a good tax haven is that it is legal. If it is legal, what then is the fuss about having business in tax haven? The only problem is the concern of high tax countries that frown at tax havens. Wikipedia says high-tax countries have increasingly raised concerns that corporate profits are shifted to low-or-no-tax jurisdictions. Tax havens levy fees, charges, and in some cases low tax rates on foreign-sourced capital to raise government revenue.

If one doesn’t commit any crime by investing in tax havens, why then is the like of Pandora Papers sniffing to find out who has invested in tax havens? Rather than engaging in fruitless adventure of trying to find out who has invested what in tax havens to create undue sensation, wouldn’t it have been much more beneficial to investigate the source of fund so invested?

There is no doubt that there are top officials who have stolen public funds and have it invested in tax havens with the aim of hiding it. But there are also honest individuals who have genuinely invested their hard-earned money in tax havens with the sole aim to make profit as in a business. Peter Obi, without doubt belongs to the second group, which is why he has demanded that the source of fund be investigated rather than lumping the thieves together with innocent businessmen.

Governments around the world stand to benefit if Pandora Papers investigators could focus on the source of funds to reveal the real corrupt individuals. Otherwise, the whole project is like a hatchet job designed to blackmail and taint innocent individuals. Because the whole report is based on unproven allegations that were not substantiated, it carries no legal force as none of those mentioned could be docked on the basis of the report. Why must everybody be destroyed in Nigeria? And for what purpose? Does it mean that there are no clean individuals in Nigeria if everybody is seen from the prism of corruption? Based on the foregoing, the reports carry the burden of being out to make mischief, which is morally offensive.

At this juncture, it is pertinent to ask what the world would gain if Pandora Papers and its ilk’s brand everyone corrupt. There are individuals with integrity around the world, why can’t the investigating watchdogs reveal names of people with integrity to serve as sign posts? Nigeria’s Peter Obi is known for honesty and integrity. His personal integrity sets him apart hence the move by his political opponents to bring him down.

How Peter Obi was able to remain clean of corruption puzzles everybody. Since leaving office, he has been an advocate of good governance and accountability. As the 2023 general election are fast approaching and as Peter Obi, in the court of public opinion is adjudged a possible credible candidate for the exalted office, it is not surprising that his political opponents would begin to do everything possible to rubbish him out of the game.
Re: 70% Of Nigerian Politicians Are Lunatics – Peter Obi by Prayfortheworld: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:

The IG was petitioned about the case. Anambra state assembly inaugurated a committee to investigate the matter that it caused so much rancour among members of the house. Yet you asking me to show you pictures. Pictures kee you there.
Ok you don't have a point
E go kee your mama first

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Dancing With His People (Photos) / Osinbajo Nicknames Wike 'Mr Projects' / Gov Fayose & Buruji Kashamu Spotted Having Lunch In A Restaurant [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.