Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2758) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476638 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:15am On Jun 18, 2023
Amigoss:
"Special needs" says the people that share face cap, faded polo, cheap aso ebi materials, two derica of rice then advice aged ikorodu and ekiti people to vote on credit šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
This is bad mateā€¦ common

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 7:17am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:
The year of JUMONG was wild. šŸ˜‚

JUMONG was my first Asian historical series. Year that show was so popular but mehn dey dragged it out like elastic. That is one thing about Asian historical series. They rarely do multiple seasons but that 1 season might be 60 episodes.

I think there are better and more realistic Chinese/Korean historical series than Jumong now but probably too realistic to be as popular. Jumong was a quasi-superhero. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

JUMONG was my first Asian historical series. Year that show was so popular but mehn dey dragged it out like elastic. That is one thing about Asian historical series. They rarely do multiple seasons but that 1 season might be 60 episodes.

I think there are better and more realistic Chinese/Korean historical series than Jumong now but probably too realistic to be as popular. Jumong was a quasi-superhero. grin
Jumong is GOAT
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

LOL. That is what I used to say. By Season 2 I realised that they were just tying themselves in tortuous knots. I think my sister still watched to Season 4 or so before she gave up.

You never watched 24? That started before all these ones you mentioned. The first 4-5 seasons were really good too until they also ran out of real creativity.

I watched 24 and I enjoyed it. That was why I told iamoyindamola that Kieffer Sutherland is actually who he thinks he is . He killed 24, designated survivor and did same to the most recent Rabbit hole . Na agba actor the guy be !

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Prison Break bawo. Show that they were doing twist and turns like telenovela.

The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, GOT.

Those are the GOATs.

Na that twist and turn I subscribe for . grin

We all know all the series and movies are fictional and not real . So na to see series wey fit tweak with our imagination we dey find . šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by kad199: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2023
obainojazz:
This is bad mateā€¦ common
But the guy is not lieing na didn't Ekiti people vote on credit? grin

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 7:50am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Nigeria is a secular state and the government has no right to meddle in religious matters like this one .

Even if the bill is passed eventually , the courts will nullify it. Why ? Because freedom of religion is one of the fundamental human rights entrenched in the constitution and the the moment any act/law is at variance with provisions of the constitution, the constitution will always supersede it .

https://christianassociationofnigeria.org/2023/05/09/press-release-an-act-to-establish-the-national-council-for-christian-education/

Read CAN explanation here.

I want Christian to have a board too like our Muslim brother. Who you think sai the pay people wei d work for NBAIS? Na government oh.

Leave this secular talk and all. We have Sharia Law in some parts of Nigeria. Even customary law sef. This one is another discussion entirely.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 7:51am On Jun 18, 2023
obainojazz:
Jumong is GOAT

I canā€™t argue that. Jumong has a special place in our hearts grin

My only issue is that as a history buff I usually prefer more political intrigue and military battles and less palace/harem intrigue. That is why I like a series like Three Kingdoms and Kingā€™s War.

But I canā€™t hate you calling Jumong the GOAT. It opened our eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

We all know all the series and movies are fictional and not real . So na to see series wey fit tweak with our imagination we dey find . šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø

Nigerians just like story that is ā€œsweetā€. grin

Prison Break had 2 major draw backs. The acting was average and the writing was not great either.
The acting was actually suspect sometimes.

Storyline for the first 2-3 seasons was good though.

Decent series but not in GOAT conversation.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chidekings(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2023
Ibime:

Don't say this in public please. Breaking bad is one of the three GOATS with The Wire and GOT
then watch Boardwalk_Empire.....one of the best out there by hbo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 8:05am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

I canā€™t argue that. Jumong has a special place in our hearts grin

My only issue is that as a history buff I usually prefer more political intrigue and military battles and less palace/harem intrigue. That is why I like a series like Three Kingdoms and Kingā€™s War.

But I canā€™t hate you calling Jumong the GOAT. It opened our eyes.
Out living room back then was always filled with people watching the showā€¦ My mom had sleepless nights as she wanted to know what happens next grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2023
obainojazz:
Out living room back then was always filled with people watching the showā€¦ My mom had sleepless nights as she wanted to know what happens next grin

Hahaha.

Nigerians are natural extremists. Especially the women.

I will never forget the craze with Cuando seas mia.
Almost every woman I knew then was hooked. Girls were going to cybercafe to print out the script or something like that.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:18am On Jun 18, 2023
monerozi5590:

https://christianassociationofnigeria.org/2023/05/09/press-release-an-act-to-establish-the-national-council-for-christian-education/

Read CAN explanation here.

I want Christian to have a board too like our Muslim brother. Who you think sai the pay people wei d work for NBAIS? Na government oh.

Leave this secular talk and all. We have Sharia Law in some parts of Nigeria. Even customary law sef. This one is another discussion entirely.

@ the bold; herein lies ur problem . The constitution recognizes , sharia law and customary laws . Thereā€™s nothing like Christian law .

This is why government should not 4ck with religion
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2023
Segedinho:

Of what use is a sweet law/proposition when it is inaccessible....

They say it will start around sept/0ct... I think people shld give them more time.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

LOL. That is what I used to say. By Season 2 I realised that they were just tying themselves in tortuous knots. I think my sister still watched to Season 4 or so before she gave up.

You never watched 24? That started before all these ones you mentioned. The first 4-5 seasons were really good too until they also ran out of real creativity.

24 was so so good till they started pushing it also. They even gave us the First Black President of the United States before Barack Obama became President.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:42am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

I think they even do a spinoff for Jumong grandson.

The DVD disk was selling at a fast rate then.

I tried watching Empress Ki but couldn't go beyond season 1 before I got tired. Nothing can come close to Jumong for me ever again
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:45am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

@ the bold; herein lies ur problem . The constitution recognizes , sharia law and customary laws . Thereā€™s nothing like Christian law .

This is why government should not 4ck with religion

You just like to argue for argument sake. Who makes the law? Did you read CAN explanation?

They are pushing for An Act to Establish the National Council for Christian Education for the Purpose of Regulating and Setting Standard and for Related Matters. Just like National Board for Islamic and Arabic Studies.

Once is passed and the president signed it, it becomes part of the constitution.

Nigeria forbid official state religion and that's that but we all know Christianity and Islam are the de facto state religion in Nigeria because of their population.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

The final season of 24, season 9 was also great. I usually recommend the first 4 seasons and the final season.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is why I don't enjoy sci-fi, telenovas and Nigerian movies. I know movies are not real but I don't want to have that feeling while watching it.

Once it starts feeling too unnatural, I lose interest.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

The final season of 24, season 9 was also great. I usually recommend the first 4 seasons and the final season.

Yeah. I think you are right.

I think the average life span of a great series before it starts derailing is 4-5. After that things usually go downhill.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 8:52am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

24 was so so good till they started pushing it also. They even gave us the First Black President of the United States before Barack Obama became President.

Hahaha. Dennis Haysbert would have been a better president than Obama sef. Back then people were writing it off as unrealistic.

Yeah by Season 5-6 they started pushing it off the cliff.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:52am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

I think the average life span of a great series before it starts derailing is 4-5. After that things usually go downhill.

Same thing almost happened to One Tree Hill. It was my best high school musical show, I fell in love with the show. The last season was somehow.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Absolutely.

Season 6 of 24 especially was so horrible. I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't just wrap it up in season 5.

That is why breaking bad remains my GOAT. It peaked in the final season (season 5) and they ended it there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Hahaha. Dennis Haysbert would have been a better president than Obama sef. Back then people were writing it off as unrealistic.

Yeah by Season 5-6 they started pushing it off the cliff.

Yeah. The man was very compassionate, honest and straightforward.

Nobody thought it was possible for a black man to be President till Obama happened.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

They say it will start around sept/0ct... I think people shld give them more time.
Time to start or Time to review whetever is in the script??
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

Absolutely.

Season 6 of 24 especially was so horrible. I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't just wrap it up in season 5.

That is why breaking bad remains my GOAT. It peaked in the final season (season 5) and they ended it there.

GOT final season was also rubbish. Seems the writers just wrote rubbish since there was no G.R.R.M book to use as guide anymore..

I started reading the book of ice and fire but mehn I just stopped when i was dragging with it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Greatswimmer: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Try out Haechi, I promise you will like it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by obainojazz(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Hahaha.

Nigerians are natural extremists. Especially the women.

I will never forget the craze with Cuando seas mia.
Almost every woman I knew then was hooked. Girls were going to cybercafe to print out the script or something like that.
Arghh Telemundo GOATā€¦. Families fought a lot during that period as you canā€™t touch the remote when the show is on.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:08am On Jun 18, 2023
Theres this Turkish TV show I watched on Netflix sometimes ago called Resurrection: Ertuğrul

The show is very captivating but fucking long. I think season 1 was 64 episode or so.

It's a show about Ertuğrul, the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

I recommend it for those that love history and adventure show. (It has a Muslim theme)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:10am On Jun 18, 2023
monerozi5590:

You just like to argue for argument sake. Who makes the law? Did you read CAN explanation?

They are pushing for An Act to Establish the National Council for Christian Education for the Purpose of Regulating and Setting Standard and for Related Matters. Just like National Board for Islamic and Arabic Studies.

Once is passed and the president signed it, it becomes part of the constitution.

Nigeria forbid official state religion and that's that but we all know Christianity and Islam are the de facto state religion in Nigeria because of their population.

Smhā€¦..

U are not so smart after-all . Iā€™m telling u what the human rights lawyer said in the video u shared is sacrosanct !

What is Christian education regulation when the law doesnā€™t actually recognize Christian education ?

Are u listening to urself ? The president signs it and it becomes part of the constitution grin grin grin. U donā€™t even know difference between the constitution and acts passed by parliament into law .

šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:11am On Jun 18, 2023
Today is Fatherā€™s Day and I havenā€™t seen the difference between this day and regular sunday
Omo them no rate us at all for this country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

GOT final season was also rubbish. Seems the writers just wrote rubbish since there was no G.R.R.M book to use as guide anymore..

I started reading the book of ice and fire but mehn I just stopped when i was dragging with it.

I didn't watch GOT. Fantasies are not my thing.

It was generally agreed that the final season was underwhelming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2755) (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mƩs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.