Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476665 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Today is Father’s Day and I haven’t seen the difference between this day and regular sunday
Omo them no rate us at all for this country

grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Greatswimmer:

Try out Haechi, I promise you will like it

Haechi was good. I however preferred Six Flying Dragons and Deep Rooted Tree.

Those 3 are good. More focus on coups and battles and less on jealousy between different concubines.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Today is Father’s Day and I haven’t seen the difference between this day and regular sunday

Wetin you dey expect? 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:
Theres this Turkish TV show I watched on Netflix sometimes ago called Resurrection: Ertuğrul

The show is very captivating but fucking long. I think season 1 was 64 episode or so.

It's a show about Ertuğrul, the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

I recommend it for those that love history and adventure show. (It has a Muslim theme)

I have watched it. Dirilis: Ertugrul.

There is a sequel called Kurulus: Osman. About his son Osman.

I don’t think most people were will like it. It is an acquired taste 😆 and you have to be really interested in history and culture.

I like the intrigue but I don’t like the endless skirmishes without proper huge battles.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:27am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

I have watched it. Dirilis: Ertugrul.

There is a sequel called Kurulus: Osman. About his son Osman.

I don’t think most people were will like it. It is an acquired taste 😆 and you have to be really interested in history and culture.

I like the intrigue but I don’t like the endless skirmishes without proper huge battles.

Where did you watch the Kurulus? I'm just hearing it for the first time from you oo. I absolutely love shows that talk about history and culture.

The skirmishes are part of what made the show enjoyable for me. To see how people plan and out manoeuvred each other with their mind. Its intriguing.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

Where did you watch the Kurulus? I'm just hearing it for the first time from you oo. I absolutely love shows that talk about history and culture.

The skirmishes are part of what made the show enjoyable for me. To see how people plan and out manoeuvred each other with their mind. Its intriguing.

Yeah. But I prefer proper battles with proper battle order not melee fighting with dozens of people just fighting in a chaotic fashion. It is very unrealistic.

From ancient to medieval times battles were almost always fought in one form or the other of the Greek phalanx, whereby soldiers fought side by side with their comrades and didn’t break ranks with each other until maybe late in the battle.

Even the Roman maniple formation evolved from the Greek phalanx.

Examples of this can be seen in the The Battle of the Bastards in GOT or the battle scenes in the movie Alexander.

Battles are not just a set of 1v1 fights all over the place in chaotic fashion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

grin grin
Almost every Sunday na Mother’s Day but just one Sunday is for the father’s yet e no loud
Nawa o
larride:

Wetin you dey expect? 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

You can watch it online on Osmanonline.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Almost every Sunday na Mother’s Day but just one Sunday is for the father’s yet e no loud
Nawa o

How you wan make e loud? 😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

You can watch it online on Osmanonline.

Ok thanks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Yeah. But I prefer proper battles with proper battle order not melee fighting with dozens of people just fighting in a chaotic fashion. It is very unrealistic.

From ancient to medieval times battles were almost always fought in one form or the other of the Greek phalanx, whereby soldiers fought side by side with their comrades and didn’t break ranks with each other until maybe late in the battle.

Even the Roman maniple formation evolved from the Greek phalanx.

Examples of this can be seen in the The Battle of the Bastards in GOT or the battle scenes in the movie Alexander.

Battles are not just a set of 1v1 fights all over the place in chaotic fashion.

That chaotic fighting na rubbish true true. 😂

If I dey that period, na me go dey japa pass for war.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

I didn't watch GOT. Fantasies are not my thing.

It was generally agreed that the final season was underwhelming.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
This shows that no one really cares about fathers apart from the children.

This also shows that as a man, you should be wise since If you kill yourself in the name of doing it all alone when you may need help, no one will still appreciate you.

Most of the people who celebrate fathers are men themselves.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2023
[quote author=BlueRayDick post=123871109][/quote]

Daddy will take Daddy and the family out.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

That chaotic fighting na rubbish true true. 😂

If I dey that period, na me go dey japa pass for war.

In an ancient/medieval battle you don’t even want your side exposed to the opponent not to talk of fighting 1v1 and exposing your BACK.

That is why they stand side by side in tightly packed formation. The line must not break and the formation must not be encircled otherwise the battle is lost.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by KingTom(m): 9:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Series mongers, Ted Lasso any good?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 9:55am On Jun 18, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 9:56am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

In an ancient/medieval battle you don’t even want your side exposed to the opponent not to talk of fighting 1v1 and exposing your BACK.

That is why they stand side by side in tightly packed formation. The line must not break and the formation must not be encircled otherwise the battle is lost.

Na why I go always be the first to japa once war begin in those chaotic war fashion.

Them go rename me to traveler because I'll be going from city to city
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2023
GrammarNazi1:

This shows that no one really cares about fathers apart from the children.

This also shows that as a man, you should be wise since If you kill yourself in the name of doing it all alone when you may need help, no one will still appreciate you.

Most of the people who celebrate fathers are men themselves.
Exactly on SM majority of those posting this Father’s Day are men😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2023
KingTom:
Series mongers, Ted Lasso any good?
Yes very funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

How you wan make e loud? 😂
We be humans too na
Ko da oo
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ribbit: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:

grin

.....wow! I have been wrongly criticizing him sha. He was a great Governor as Peter Obi. What a legacy!
😭😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:
And so it begins!!

A presidency of medical tourism. Ruling in absentia!

We really can't wait for justice to do it's thing. The tribunal must do the right thing.

I hope you are noting the many flaws in your Obi's pursuit of imaginary stolen mandate, in court.

Don't cry foul, when the tribunal throw the case away and probably get the petitioner fined.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2023
Segedinho:
Time to start or Time to review whetever is in the script??

Shld be time to start
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

Prison Break is the GOAT. (Without the last season tho)

The last movie I took all my time to watch all the seasons.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

That was the famous pincer move that was used a lot in World War 2 especially in the battle of Stalingrad to surround the German forces of about 200k
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by airmark(m): 10:22am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Na that twist and turn I subscribe for . grin

We all know all the series and movies are fictional and not real . So na to see series wey fit tweak with our imagination we dey find . 🚶‍♂️

Exactly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Greatswimmer: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Haechi was good. I however preferred Six Flying Dragons and Deep Rooted Tree.

Those 3 are good. More focus on coups and battles and less on jealousy between different concubines.

I have watched six flying dragon, I will try out deep rooted tree

It seem you are more into historical/ political film. I beg recommend some for me
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I’m not saying it’s not a good show, all I’m saying is the storyline is not anything special from what one expected .

The wire too is overhyped but has great actors who interpreted their roles well.

I will gladly agree Game of thrones is the GOAT for a lot of reasons
Game of Thrones fell off in the last two seasons, can't be laying claim to GOAT with the sort of ending Game of Thrones delivered.

The Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Wire
GOT

I might rank The Wire might rank ahead of Breaking Bad, but I rewatched Breaking Bad again recently, so maybe recency bias.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2023
Happy Fathers day to u all. To the single guys, no go do pass ursef: if u cum & she no wan cum tell am make she cum dey go.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:41am On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Nigerians just like story that is “sweet”. grin

Prison Break had 2 major draw backs. The acting was average and the writing was not great either.
The acting was actually suspect sometimes.

Storyline for the first 2-3 seasons was good though.

Decent series but not in GOAT conversation.
Exactly, too many bland characters and conversations, like there's not one scene you'd watch where the quality of conversation or acting leaves you thinking...na just good series wey person watch when e begin Sabi American series, that's why many remember it fondly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

I didn't watch GOT. Fantasies are not my thing.

It was generally agreed that the final season was underwhelming.
Game of Thrones has arguably the greatest first four seasons in the history of television and that's why people come after the producer's for the last season as much as they do. You'd enjoy game of Thrones.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2756) (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.