Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1476724 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) ... (4678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

It’s actually not easy especially for those who had to let go good jobs here , sell cars, properties and liquidate assets to relocate 🤦‍♂️
my guy wey travel recently.. the first travel agent wey run am for am collect 2m from am.. the Thing no work, based on his ruggedity, he was refunded about 1.3m out of the 2m

He moved over to the next one.. it actually worked, but the amount he spent was close to 3m for the Schengen visa... He is in Portugal now

Meanwhile.. na me dey ruffle my own with the internet information and also with the help of my patner like that from EU ... No time to give any agent any Money 💰 tongue
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

What you are saying is naivete. You do not want to be stranded in these places. Even your boys from way back will show you colour. Any place where they work with documentation and records is not a place where you rely on rough am. You will find that it is actually possible to die of hunger and hypothermia.
any person wey dey plan japa, gats to get plans naa..

You no get people or where you go stay or wetin to do and you dey japa..

No be juju be that undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Itsrm I remember u mentioned obtaining UK healthcare Visa as a means of relocation in one of our discussions in the past .

So recently I got a call from a friend telling me he used me as a character reference for a job he applied and that I should be on the lookout for a mail that will contain the reference form . I was baffled cos I know him to work with the civil service and wondered why he would apply for a job instead of doing side business to augment his income .

Long story short , he told me he resigned from the civil service already and relocated to the UK since February . So he applied for the job in the UK.

So I called him that weekend and he lamented how things have not been the way assumed they would be . The care visa he got can only be used to work in the care sector legally . If u will work in other sectors it will certainly be illegal , so whoever employs u either to wash plate at restaurants , security guard at club or cashier at african store will do so with the intention of exploiting u since they know u can’t go complaining to the authorities when u are working outside what ur visa permits .

He said his problem started from the fact that Nigerians who own agencies there can bring as much as 15 people into the UK despite knowing they have only 5 COS approved by UK government . So 5 people get jobs in the care sector as promised while the outstanding 10 are on their own in a foreign country while trying to fend for themselves while hoping their agency will come through for them soonest . He said na naija dey do naija .

He’s been in since February and didn’t get a job placement till this June . Imagine trying to survive in an expensive city like London . Na me wey dey naija come still dey encourage person wey dey UK to be hopeful.

Unfortunately, Nigerians don't make any research before they jump on any trending thing.

Look at Chef Dammy. Hilda broke the Guiness world record, she decided to do the same without following laid down rules before she started. Didn't even bother to apply cheesy

There's nothing this your friend has experienced that would have surprised me if I was in his shoes. I won't even leave the country if I don't have enough money to last me at least one year where I'm going.

People travelling should have realistic expectations. Except you work in an industry where your skills are easily transferrable and you're extremely good with what you do, it will always be a difficult first two years.

I think those who weather the storm will be glad they did 10-15 years from now.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
📌📌📌

Normal normal Emefiele no fit die well.

Make them just allow us start to use our naira cards again.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
grin

.....sorry dear. Ain't that good at what you are asking. Na my keyboard dey do wonders no be me per se.

Really wish I can help sweetie..

It's alright, thank you. 😊

I've settled for 'ÌTÀN ÌWỌ̀ OÒRÙN ÁFÍRÍKÀ'. I don't really need it for something serious. I'm just trying to be painstaking about a fun book cover I'm playing with.

I may show you when I am done. 😁
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by larride(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
seankafor:
any person wey dey plan japa, gats to get plans naa..

You no get people or where you go stay or wetin to do and you dey japa..

No be juju be that undecided

Planning is very very important for japa movement.

We go rough ham when we get there no be plan.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

It's alright, thank you. 😊

I've settled for 'ÌTÀN ÌWỌ̀ OÒRÙN ÁFÍRÍKÀ'. I don't really need it for something serious. I'm just trying to be painstaking about a fun book cover I'm playing with.

I may show you when I am done. 😁

grin

.....can't wait.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
5 months here now and my advice, if you can’t get here legit and you have a well paying job in Naija—stay where you are.

Imagine being used to plum conditions and you then start living like a fugitive. E nor make sense.

There’s massive anti-immigration sentiment already being stoked and unscrupulous mfs will exploit your ass if you’re here without papers. This ain’t the 80s when you could easily game the system. Get in legit or you go see pepper.

Blueraydick‘s guy should not near the C-List countries when he can’t say, "Good morning" in their languages. Language barrier is real.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
larride:

Normal normal Emefiele no fit die well.

Make them just allow us start to use our naira cards again.

grin

....where that Donkey gets VAT info on fuel? I can't get it online? You get any info on it?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin

....WhoDeyHause! You sure this man go do anything?

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
seankafor:
make he dey rough am dey go..

Or he can book the next flight ✈️ back 🔙 sad

My guy is not a quitter , he’s roughing things up . He even threatened the agents over three that he will spill the beans and home office will treat their 4ck up. They had to look for few hours job weekly for him in the interim to cool off the steam .

I trust he will weather the storm
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Na so we see am. I am a paranoid mfer. We are currently working with some dude who is building a station. Young guy. I was telling my partner, how do we know this guy is not a yahoo guy? If he is and they bust him tomorrow, these fuckers can literally freeze all our accounts.

And As a naija matter where people like Forbes do not even do due diligence before putting people like invictus obi on their cover, you really have no idea who you are dealing with.

The only option U have is to lawyer up, so when EFCC comes calling u fight them off easily by explaining U are an independent contractor working for his fee and not some shrink that will start reading whether his client is a fraudster or not.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin grin

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2023
grin

Naija go better.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

Unfortunately, Nigerians don't make any research before they jump on any trending thing.

Look at Chef Dammy. Hilda broke the Guiness world record, she decided to do the same without following laid down rules before she started. Didn't even bother to apply cheesy

There's nothing this your friend has experienced that would have surprised me if I was in his shoes. I won't even leave the country if I don't have enough money to last me at least one year where I'm going.

People travelling should have realistic expectations. Except you work in an industry where your skills are easily transferrable and you're extremely good with what you do, it will always be a difficult first two years.

I think those who weather the storm will be glad they did 10-15 years from now.

In this case my guy planned and made research . He paid for care visa which was real ( cos his dependent is using her dependent visa to work currently ) . It was the agency that didn’t hold its own end of the bargain by providing the job when he arrived .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
cool

Fixer is here.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
grin

Not everyone who wins the election is actually prepared to lead. Does otti have any actual administrative experience?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Not everyone who wins the election is actually prepared to lead. Does otti have any actual administrative experience?

....he is a Technocrat, an Economist per excellence. I expect much from him than talking to the media everytime.

He should work on improving IGR as Itsrm opined. Though its gonna be difficult to tax people that never want to pay it, but he must be decisive and make the decision NOW.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

In this case my guy planned and made research . He paid for care visa which was real ( cos his dependent is using her dependent visa to work currently ) . It was the agency that didn’t hold its own end of the bargain by providing the job when he arrived .

Could have been better. There's nothing he experienced I don't know already and I never even leave Naija.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst should be the motto for anyone moving out.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:

....he is a Technocrat, an Economist per excellence. I expect much from him than talking to the media everytime.

He should work on improving IGR as Itsrm opined. Though its gonna be difficult to tax people that never want to pay it, but he must be decisive and make the decision NOW.

None of these new governors have impressed me yet. I know it's still early days but at least BAT don show small workings in the little time he has had.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm:

None of these new governors have impressed me yet. I know it's still early days but at least BAT don show small workings in the little time he has had.

......don't limit your scope to southern part only. Governors of Katsina, Niger and Kaduna are on the right tracks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
grin

This focus you have on abia? Where is it coming from? Because I'm not seeing you talk about imo and ebonyi state as much or ekiti and Ogun state where APC have held sway for time now. Why this ultra focus on abia alone?
Is it a party thing or a tribe thing, which one?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shaytun: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:

......don't limit your scope to southern part only. Governors of Katsina, Niger and Kaduna are on the right tracks.

Kano governor nko? On the wrong track?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Is there any movie or series that an adaptation of Robinson Crusoe was dubbed after? I've searched for long but didn't see any suitable visual story of it.

No, it's too racist a story for Hollywood to adapt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:

This focus you have on abia? Where is it coming from? Because I'm not seeing you talk about imo and ebonyi state as much or ekiti and Ogun state where APC have held sway for time now. Why this ultra focus on abia alone?

I am Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Kalabari.... jez name it. I am a Nigerian and I have interests in all states of the Federation.

Meanwhile..... you're free to tag it whatever pleases you.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Shaytun:

Kano governor nko? On the wrong track?

grin

....LOL! Mr. Bulldozer!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 9:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ibime:

No, it's too racist a story for Hollywood to adapt

Till this day, i look at any nigga called Friday different
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
DeadPresidents:

Till this day, i look at any nigga called Friday different

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
chrisooblog:
grin Never really got into lost. Too much confusing supernatural/sci-fi nonsense that made it hard to keep.

When it comes to movie or series tropes I can almost shoot any writer that makes use of 'it was all a dream' rubbish.

Lost only started that Supernatural thing from season 5, that's where they lost me

The "others" was sufficiently natural until season 5
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cbn dey find fx😂.
Lift inflow but limit outflow very well😁.

At the very least allow us use our naira cards to pay for stuff biko👍
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
Ẹ̀gbọ́n A001, you gonna love this clip.

https://twitter.com/KolawoleKenny7/status/1670180261693120512?t=arwelTfOUv1EZO9A28UZgw&s=19
Interesting video. It was shared on social media platforms during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
Donjazet2:

As if you dont know!! All of them wants Otti to fail...... Do not be decieved!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) (2766) ... (4678) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: CrystalTiger(m), YoungB1a(m), BlueRayDick, GrammarNazi1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.