Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1422206 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (4615) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Kaycee54321:

I first knew of the phalanx when I saw the movie, 300.

The Greek (Spartan) King Leonidas used it to stall the advance of the Persians with just 300 of his best warriors; really surprising his enemies.

I also love movies where battles are realistically fought in formations;

Prince tells his commander "Get them in line"
Commander bellows, "Get the men back into lines"

Info is cascaded down to the men at the forefront;
"Front line, puuush!"

It's really nice watching battle formations and strategies of old.

I saw Shaka Zulu too.
Lol, they had a traditional distance between warring factions where spears and arrows are thrown at each other. Almost like dodge ball.

I think the Shaka was famous for going against that convention with preference for close combat.

If you can recommend more movies, I'd appreciate. Prefer more of European empires to Asian dynasty movies.

You are right. Shaka's armies and their famous buffalo horn formation used the pincer action extensively.

Breaking enemy lines and encircling forces is still a major aspect of warfare today. It is just not as obvious and as dramatic as in ancient/medieval times.

I think most of the European series are well known. The trick is to find one that Hollywood has not bastardized.

1) Rome

This is the best there is. They stopped it prematurely after 2 seasons because of production costs. Historically acurate, excellent writing and acting.

2) The White Queen

3) The White Princess

4) Spartacus

5) Vikings

6) The Last Kingdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Things like?

Higher levies and taxes for starters. Like Soludo did in Anambra state
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Balogunodua(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
Seyi Mankide take a shot at Atiku cheesy Mr. Unifier grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

You are right to be fearful sir though you will have your own small agenda there as he's a under ellupee 😁 but I'll like to hold otti a little to his word for now cause of the destruction his kerosene sharing pot bellied predecessor wrecked on the state and him being governor against the run of play. Same way I'll holding president tinubu to his policies though they look rough at first cause the problems are too much. I'm not from abia but I have some close people and my babe's from there which heightened my interest more in the state's affairs.

Theflint1:
You Sabi Oasis 😁

grin

.....but I supported Alex Otti nah.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7732769/dss-raids-headquarters-efcc-carts

I hope this news is false because I don't understand this nonsense between EFCC and DSS even though BAT warned them the other time..

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Magnoliaa(f): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
OasisX:
grin

...wish us happy father's day fess.

You won't help me out, abi? 😥
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2023
CrystalTiger:
https://www.nairaland.com/7732769/dss-raids-headquarters-efcc-carts

I hope this news is false because I don't understand this nonsense between EFCC and DSS even though BAT warned them the other time..

i think this is a case where bala and his gang chook their head where e no concern them and over did

because they had malami and therefore buhari behind them. now its a new admin

in hindsight, na diezani and omokri wey get small sense. they left the country before buhari entered office.

that is what emefiele and bala should have done.

or maybe tinubu is seriously machavellian. just smiling and letting them think no problems, you guys are fine until the trap is shut

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
VAT on fuel loading from what I hear😂😂
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

i think this is a case where bala and his gang chook their head where e no concern them and over did

because they had malami and therefore buhari behind them. now its a new admin

in hindsight, na diezani and omokri wey get small sense. they left the country before buhari entered office.

that is what emefiele and bala should have done.

or maybe tinubu is seriously machavellian. just smiling and letting them think no problems, you guys are fine until the trap is shut

Who is bala ?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
The question now is, why should I do this when I can get a better deal through black market?

Also I hope the CBN doesn't start forcing people to receive what they get in naira sha.
That will kill remittance through traditional banks at a time we need all the FX we can get.

Also that naira rate on I&E seems to be bobo 😁

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Who is bala ?

Sorry bawa

Circuits dey cross small
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
The economics we practice in Nigeria is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Itsrm I remember u mentioned obtaining UK healthcare Visa as a means of relocation in one of our discussions in the past .

So recently I got a call from a friend telling me he used me as a character reference for a job he applied and that I should be on the lookout for a mail that will contain the reference form . I was baffled cos I know him to work with the civil service and wondered why he would apply for a job instead of doing side business to augment his income .

Long story short , he told me he resigned from the civil service already and relocated to the UK since February . So he applied for the job in the UK.

So I called him that weekend and he lamented how things have not been the way assumed they would be . The care visa he got can only be used to work in the care sector legally . If u will work in other sectors it will certainly be illegal , so whoever employs u either to wash plate at restaurants , security guard at club or cashier at african store will do so with the intention of exploiting u since they know u can’t go complaining to the authorities when u are working outside what ur visa permits .

He said his problem started from the fact that Nigerians who own agencies there can bring as much as 15 people into the UK despite knowing they have only 5 COS approved by UK government . So 5 people get jobs in the care sector as promised while the outstanding 10 are on their own in a foreign country while trying to fend for themselves while hoping their agency will come through for them soonest . He said na naija dey do naija .

He’s been in since February and didn’t get a job placement till this June . Imagine trying to survive in an expensive city like London . Na me wey dey naija come still dey encourage person wey dey UK to be hopeful.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 6:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:
Itsrm I remember u mentioned obtaining UK healthcare Visa as a means of relocation in one of our discussions in the past .

So recently I got a call from a friend telling me he used me as a character reference for a job he applied and that I should be on the lookout for a mail that will contain the reference form . I was baffled cos I know him to work with the civil service and wondered why he would apply for a job instead of doing side business to augment his income .

Long story short , he told me he resigned from the civil service already and relocated to the UK since February . So he applied for the job in the UK.

So I called him that weekend and he lamented how things have not been the way assumed they would be . The care visa he got can only be used to work in the care sector legally . If u will work in other sectors it will certainly be illegal , so whoever employs u either to wash plate at restaurants , security guard at club or cashier at african store will do so with the intention of exploiting u since they know u can’t go complaining to the authorities when u are working outside what ur visa permits .

He said his problem started from the fact that Nigerians who own agencies there can bring as much as 15 people into the UK despite knowing they have only 5 COS approved by UK government . So 5 people get jobs in the care sector as promised while the outstanding 10 are on their own in a foreign country while trying to fend for themselves while hoping their agency will come through for them soonest . He said na naija dey do naija .

He’s been in since February and didn’t get a job placement till this June . Imagine trying to survive in an expensive city like London . Na me wey dey naija come still dey encourage person wey dey UK to be hopeful.
make he port go those c- list Euro 💶 countries like Malta or Latvia .. he go from there find him foot 🦶

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Sorry bawa

Circuits dey cross small

Almost all the previous EFCC chairmen have before him have been sacked by the new administration . I’m sure Bawa himself knew he didn’t have more time irrespective of who becomes the president .

I am damn sure Obi would’ve sacked him and Atiku would’ve done same to bring in their own person .

Bawa resigning or running away won’t change anything . The Ribadu people adjudged as the best chairman of EFCC till date even had his promotion to AIG reversed and got demoted back to CP under Yar Adua government . It doesn’t mean he was bad or corrupt , it’s just normal for a new administration to let go baggages of the old administration and bring their own in
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
seankafor:
make he port go those c- list Euro 💶 countries like Malta or Latvia .. he go from there find him foot 🦶

Ahh! Person wey still dey struggle for UK make he move go countries wey no get money ? Before he find foot for there he no go clock 45?

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Ahh! Person wey still dey struggle for UK make he move go countries wey no get money ? Before he find foot for there he no go clock 45?
if he goes to those countries.. he can see small small work wey Dem no go dey ask am useless questions like visa type or something..
But shaa, he gats to know person dia before he begin dey go... Otherwise he don become man d wanderer
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Almost all the previous EFCC chairmen have before him have been sacked by the new administration . I’m sure Bawa himself knew he didn’t have more time irrespective of who becomes the president .

I am damn sure Obi would’ve sacked him and Atiku would’ve done same to bring in their own person .

Bawa resigning or running away won’t change anything . The Ribadu people adjudged as the best chairman of EFCC till date even had his promotion to AIG reversed and got demoted back to CP under Yar Adua government . It doesn’t mean he was bad or corrupt , it’s just normal for a new administration to let go baggages of the old administration and bring their own in

Imho under bawa efcc was really and truly out of control. They were breaking into places in the dead of the night without warrant. There were reports of them molesting women they met. And that's what we knew of.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This is the reality of japa 90% of the time. People thinking we go rough am, we can beat the system and of course your friendly Nigerian sociopath who is fking you in the ass after collecting your money.

None of those fking travel agents is your friend - they are bastards who are fuc-king you over. It is literally a con job. There was one horror story of some guy who paid money, big money for Kazakhstan or somewhere like that. The guy eventually made it back to naija but the entire thing fked him up so badly he committed suicide.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
seankafor:
if he goes to those countries.. he can see small small work wey Dem no go dey ask am useless questions like visa type or something..
But shaa, he gats to know person dia before he begin dey go... Otherwise he don become man d wanderer
How do u think he’s surviving in the UK presently ? He’s already doing small small work paying him peanuts just to pay his bills . But u know it’s not easy when a graduate works as a normal unskilled worker doing menial jobs in foreign country
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Imho under bawa efcc was really and truly out of control. They were breaking into places in the dead of the night without warrant. There were reports of them molesting women they met. And that's what we knew of.

That’s cos Bawa himself when he joined EFCC at inception was part of the breaking and entry teams ; too many brawn’s leaders brain .

I saw a video recently of an old EFCC burst . The current acting EFCC chairman was the one who led the bust-in team intelligence .

The video gave me a whole lot of insights . If u know ur friend is a gee guy and u sleep at his place overnight , u may be at risk of being busted and labelled yahoo boy if EFCC comes calling . Those guys in the video partied overnight and were sleeping when EFCC came calling . Even the girls with them were not spared , EFCC arrested all of them despite the fact that whom they were trailing was not even resident there .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You won't help me out, abi? 😥

grin

.....sorry dear. Ain't that good at what you are asking. Na my keyboard dey do wonders no be me per se.

Really wish I can help sweetie..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

This is the reality of japa 90% of the time. People thinking we go rough am, we can beat the system and of course your friendly Nigerian sociopath who is fking you in the ass after collecting your money.

None of those fking travel agents is your friend - they are bastards who are fuc-king you over. It is literally a con job. There was one horror story of some guy who paid money, big money for Kazakhstan or somewhere like that. The guy eventually made it back to naija but the entire thing fked him up so badly he committed suicide.

It’s actually not easy especially for those who had to let go good jobs here , sell cars, properties and liquidate assets to relocate 🤦‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

📌📌📌📌
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
📌📌📌

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

How do u think he’s surviving in the UK presently ? He’s already doing small small work paying him peanuts just to pay his bills . But u know it’s not easy when a graduate works as a normal unskilled worker doing menial jobs in foreign country
make he dey rough am dey go..

Or he can book the next flight ✈️ back 🔙 sad
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

before nko.. us wey dey naija, no be roughing we dey rough am dey go undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That’s cos Bawa himself when he joined EFCC at inception was part of the breaking and entry teams ; too many brawn’s leaders brain .

I saw a video recently of an old EFCC burst . The current acting EFCC chairman was the one who led the bust-in team intelligence .

The video gave me a whole lot of insights . If u know ur friend is a gee guy and u sleep at his place overnight , u may be at risk of being busted and labelled yahoo boy if EFCC comes calling . Those guys in the video partied overnight and were sleeping when EFCC came calling . Even the girls with them were not spared , EFCC arrested all of them despite the fact that whom they were trailing was not even resident there .

Na so we see am. I am a paranoid mfer. We are currently working with some dude who is building a station. Young guy. I was telling my partner, how do we know this guy is not a yahoo guy? If he is and they bust him tomorrow, these fuckers can literally freeze all our accounts.

And As a naija matter where people like Forbes do not even do due diligence before putting people like invictus obi on their cover, you really have no idea who you are dealing with.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
afrodoc:

Likewise. As long as you are paying sha. cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2023
seankafor:
before nko.. us wey dey naija, no be roughing we dey rough am dey go undecided

What you are saying is naivete. You do not want to be stranded in these places. Even your boys from way back will show you colour. Any place where they work with documentation and records is not a place where you rely on rough am. You will find that it is actually possible to die of hunger and hypothermia.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) (2764) (2765) ... (4615) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: LordAdam16, izzou(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.