Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1414630 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4236) (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) ... (4610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 2:55pm On Feb 20
patrickmuf:
The ruling class have destroyed this country.
No one else!

The average Nigerian might be corrupt as well, but the mess we are in are orchestrated by the ruling class. They want to fight a problem which they are the cause of? Is that possible?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by grandstar(m): 2:57pm On Feb 20
LordAdam16:

CNG/LPG is the energy source of choice for transporters in places like India.

You're the one who said there's no ameliorative measure that could be enacted. I suggested one that has been implemented successfully in peer countries and you're asking about the impact. This is one example. How about opening the borders or reducing import duties on essentials for a limited period?

Cumulatively, don't you think these measures would have softened the blow of a subsidy removal?
If I can come up with these, are you trying to tell me that a well-meaning leader can't assemble a panel of experts that'd put together a better plan than sharing rice?

And if you're saying that the best that Tinubu and his "we prepared for 15 years" gang can suggest is sharing of rice, then by all things that's sacred, don't you think they are ill-equipped to pilot the affairs of this nation.

You're British. How many boneheaded decisions did Liz Truss make before she was bundled out?
How about Carol Bartz of Yahoo who was sacked over the phone?

Yet here you are giving the most stupendous excuse in the history of excuses that a confirmed dolt should not be criticized because he plagiarized the manifestos of more capable candidates.

If Nigeria was a private company, will you accept that BS you spewed? A non-performing CEO should not be fired or criticized because his replacement will do no better. In fact, you're cocksure that his replacement will take the exact same stupid decisions in the exact same moronic manner because you're Doctor Strange moonlighting as a finance pro. Where would that fly?

-Lord

Frankly speaking I'm no fan of insults.

The truth is that this government has failed woefully in the economic front. Economists here on NL were incensed when Henry Cardoso was given the the post of CBN governor as he was unqualified. It's as though Tinubu preferred to employ his boy to work with. He played safe.

Despite inflation raging, CBN interest rates are 18.5% while inflation is 29%. Interest rates need to rise to at least 30%. Tinubu has long been a fan of low interest rates and he might be dictating to the autonomous CBN.

Yes, I do support bringing down the protectionist walls for which the country has many. However, for now, this might not be a wise idea.

Why? Because the foreign reserves are empty. It can barely cover one month of imports.Opening the borders will just put further pressure on the Naira. The Naira has falling so much that I suspect agricultural produce the country formerly had no competitive advantage might no more be the case. The Naira is now worthless.

Perhaps a managed float would have been the best but there's no foreign reserves at all to defend it

Frankly speaking, Tinubu should have gone further with economic reforms. He should have deregulated the price of petrol and that of electricity upon assumption of policy. I am a fan of shock therapy.

Poland in 1989 chose to free all prices at once rather than do so gradually. It's been the darling of Central Europe and as of 2019, never suffered a recession despite the Great Recession.

The country is in an utter mess and the president seems unperturbed. He seems to feel that this is the price the country must pay to get back on its feet. It is not. When the eminent economist Pat Utomi criticized the poor state of the economy, it was a pointer that the present policies were not the solution.

The present treatmenr is worse than the disease.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by WhoDeyHause: 2:58pm On Feb 20
TrebleChamp:
How long does it take a Refinery to refine crude into Fuel, Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene? Dangote Refinery hasn't released any refined product into the market, since it was supplied crude by NNPCL and from the USA.
Even if it's pushed into the market for sales how are we sure it's going to be any different from the prices going on around especially as some of these marketers are still going to buy from him directly?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20
izzou:

They are complaining to themselves, but not to the world.

The Igbo man in Lagos doing business is complaining too, but he will not join a protest.

But i understand you sha
I understand your point but the bolded did not correlate because complaining means protest.

I didn't say they are not feeling the hardship, I said they are not complaining because they chose not to.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 3:03pm On Feb 20
raumdeuter:

So this thing don dey favor you and your family and you never post my picture running around for morning exercise

Seankafor do giveaway for boys na

With this money you dey hammer, it's time to pay your NL girlfriend brideprice
I want to be like you when I grow up bro.. cheesy
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20
TrebleChamp:
How long does it take a Refinery to refine crude into Fuel, Diesel, Aviation Fuel and Kerosene? Dangote Refinery hasn't released any refined product into the market, since it was supplied crude by NNPCL and from the USA.
It was David Hundeyin that first hinted that this whole Dangote Refinery ish is a big scam and that they will eventually opt to import petroleum products.

IMF has now come out to say that the government has resumed fuel subsidy.

One of my very experienced Prof who was a member of ASUU national exco and MAN, told me that the reason no refinery can work in Nigeria is because of IMF and World Bank (Europe and US). Those two banks will never allow it. That's because they control whoever is president of Nigeria. The same goes to Ajaokuta Steel Complex. I have mentioned this here before.

I am still testing this view, but it's looking more likely than not.

The present president is a complete puppet to the Neo Colonial powers. I will be surprised if it works.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:06pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

I understand your point but the bolded did not correlate because complaining means protest.

I didn't say they are not feeling the hardship, I said they are not complaining because they chose not to.
You were there when they tagged EndSARS an Igbo insurrection. You were there when Igbo and even Yoruba people who 'looked Igbo' were prevented from voting.

If you check twitter now, wallahi you will see people tagging even these protests as means for Igbos to undermine Tilumbu's government.

If you are expecting any Igbo person to carry placard and join you on the streets, you are wasting your time.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:09pm On Feb 20
Unlimited22:

You were there when they tagged EndSARS an Igbo insurrection. You were there when Igbo and even Yoruba people who 'looked Igbo' were prevented from voting.

If you check twitter now, wallahi you will see people tagging even these protests as means for Igbos to undermine Tilumbu's government.

If you are expecting any Igbo person to carry placard and join you on the streets, you are wasting your time.
There's protest here in Onitsha. πŸ‘‡πŸΌ

https://twitter.com/AdaIgbogeneral/status/1759843539012169781?t=V1PmNygwx2XCQ2jDN9Ifcg&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:13pm On Feb 20
Segedinho:

Nobody is controlling nothing.
A simple question...can they proposed and cashout a tri 4 recharge card without the executive consent
The question is straightforward enough

Legislation is an independent arm of govt and doesnt need consent from executive. Actually Legislators can impeach executive and I don't think executive can impeach legilator
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20
LordAdam16:

CNG/LPG is the energy source of choice for transporters in places like India.

You're the one who said there's no ameliorative measure that could be enacted. I suggested one that has been implemented successfully in peer countries and you're asking about the impact. This is one example. How about opening the borders or reducing import duties on essentials for a limited period?

Cumulatively, don't you think these measures would have softened the blow of a subsidy removal?
If I can come up with these, are you trying to tell me that a well-meaning leader can't assemble a panel of experts that'd put together a better plan than sharing rice?

And if you're saying that the best that Tinubu and his "we prepared for 15 years" gang can suggest is sharing of rice, then by all things that's sacred, don't you think they are ill-equipped to pilot the affairs of this nation.

You're British. How many boneheaded decisions did Liz Truss make before she was bundled out?
How about Carol Bartz of Yahoo who was sacked over the phone?

Yet here you are giving the most stupendous excuse in the history of excuses that a confirmed dolt should not be criticized because he plagiarized the manifestos of more capable candidates.

If Nigeria was a private company, will you accept that BS you spewed? A non-performing CEO should not be fired or criticized because his replacement will do no better. In fact, you're cocksure that his replacement will take the exact same stupid decisions in the exact same moronic manner because you're Doctor Strange moonlighting as a finance pro. Where would that fly?

-Lord
No one on this NL has shut down Ibime's brains like you did here. He is such an intelligent guy, but you really messed him up here. Tinubu makes smart people stupid. Imagine a whole Raumdeuter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:20pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

https://twitter.com/AdaIgbogeneral/status/1759843539012169781?t=V1PmNygwx2XCQ2jDN9Ifcg&s=19
Lol. Is this satire? πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20
Unlimited22:

Lol. Is this satire? πŸ˜‚
🀣🀣🀣
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

No one on this NL has shut down Ibime's brains like you did here. He is such an intelligent guy, but you really messed him up here. Tinubu makes smart people stupid. Imagine a whole Raumdeuter.

He actually didn't cos his solution is unimplementable in any reasonable timeframe. I no dey argue cos I know Nigerians are angry right now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 3:28pm On Feb 20
Ibime:

He actually didn't cos his solution is unimplementable in any reasonable timeframe. I no dey argue cos I know Nigerians are angry right now.
We are fvcking emotional angry angry

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

No one on this NL has shut down Ibime's brains like you did here. He is such an intelligent guy, but you really messed him up here. Tinubu makes smart people stupid. Imagine a whole Ramdeuter.

Emotional responses are not my thing. I argue based on facts on ground and realistic. If you want to rile yourself up over facts of life then why should I stop you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20
Aturitoroman:
Dollar 1800 now

Huh?! I gave someone a quote on Sunday night when it was #1650, pegging at #1750 to hedge against inflation. Now it's #1800 in less than 48 hours?

The person and I are going back-and-forth arguing on WhatsApp as he wants to pay the #1750 quote while I want to adjust for the Forex change.

This country is already in flames.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 3:35pm On Feb 20
Ibime:

Pls argue....We are not angry,we're just emotional cvnts and crybabies celebrating APC setbacks.....

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:36pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

🀣🀣🀣
After all, them say we dey sit at home.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:37pm On Feb 20
Amigoss:

Pls argue....We are not angry,we're just emotional cvnts and crybabies celebrating APC setbacks.....
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by akwesenana: 3:38pm On Feb 20
Amigoss:

Doomscrolling....

Osanobua la hor. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:41pm On Feb 20
😭😭😭😭

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Unlimited22: 3:43pm On Feb 20
Ellexy:

😭😭😭😭
Endurance, is that you?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20
Has trading been suspended on binance abi no one wants to buy? This has been like this for roughly one hour

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:45pm On Feb 20
Ibime:

Also he was celebrated on another thread as a champion of capitalism and the free market.

What we are experiencing is the free market

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 3:46pm On Feb 20
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ellexy: 3:51pm On Feb 20
Unlimited22:

Endurance, is that you?
Ndidikanma Endurance

😭😭
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 4:05pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

Jagaban is the best thing to happen to our dear country, thats why I will continue to stand on his mandate
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 4:15pm On Feb 20
Amigoss:

√
The Rock: We Re just Cody Crybabies
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by TrebleChamp(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20
WhoDeyHause:

Even if it's pushed into the market for sales how are we sure it's going to be any different from the prices going on around especially as some of these marketers are still going to buy from him directly?
Atleast then we will know the Refinery has truly commence operation, and be hopeful that it would push price of products down in the long run...
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by patrickmuf(m): 4:22pm On Feb 20
Emaprince:
No one else!

The average Nigerian might be corrupt as well, but the mess we are in are orchestrated by the ruling class. They want to fight a problem which they are the cause of? Is that possible?

Not at all...This country needs a complete reset.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Shegzdave: 4:25pm On Feb 20
TrebleChamp:
Atleast then we will know the Refinery has truly commence operation, and be hopeful that it would push price of products down in the long run...
Are you talking of same Dangote?
Please don’t get your hopes up
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 4:27pm On Feb 20
Itsrm:
Has trading been suspended on binance abi no one wants to buy? This has been like this for roughly one hour

Interesting. No usdt on binance. The few selling are placing restrictions on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4236) (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) ... (4610) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2, mikuz(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.