Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,898 members, 7,810,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1414018 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) ... (4610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Jodera: 4:31pm On Feb 20
akwesenana:
https://www.nairaland.com/8006358/presidential-jet-gulps-billions-maintenance
We are emotional crybabies. Don't you know the country is broke embarassed

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Segedinho(m): 4:38pm On Feb 20
raumdeuter:

Legislation is an independent arm of govt and doesnt need consent from executive. Actually Legislators can impeach executive and I don't think executive can impeach legilator
A jss1 student will tell you d 3 arms of gov wch by books are independently related..

Inspite of the above....can d senate propose,act and withdraw a huge sum for fun without d executive assent....?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:39pm On Feb 20
Section 81(1) of the Constitution reserves the power of budget preparation
for the executive. After preparation, the budget is to be β€œlaid” before the National Assembly. This constitutes the
National Assembly into the statutory approving authority for the Appropriation Act

If it is indeed the executive that prepares the national budget, how is it that Tinubu the head of the executive submitted a budget that has N57.6billion allocation for purchase of luxury vehicles to the legislature for approval?

So the defense is if he doesn't include that "peace offering" in the budget at a time Nigeria is going through financial crisis they (the legislature) will not sign the budget and possibly impeach him? undecided
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 4:52pm On Feb 20
grandstar:

Frankly speaking I'm no fan of insults.

The truth is that this government has failed woefully in the economic front. Economists here on NL were incensed when Henry Cardoso was given the the post of CBN governor as he was unqualified. It's as though Tinubu preferred to employ his boy to work with. He played safe.

Despite inflation raging, CBN interest rates are 18.5% while inflation is 29%. Interest rates need to rise to at least 30%. Tinubu has long been a fan of low interest rates and he might be dictating to the autonomous CBN.

Yes, I do support bringing down the protectionist walls for which the country has many. However, for now, this might not be a wise idea.

Why? Because the foreign reserves are empty. It can barely cover one month of imports.Opening the borders will just put further pressure on the Naira. The Naira has falling so much that I suspect agricultural produce the country formerly had no competitive advantage might no more be the case. The Naira is now worthless.

Perhaps a managed float would have been the best but there's no foreign reserves at all to defend it

Frankly speaking, Tinubu should have gone further with economic reforms. He should have deregulated the price of petrol and that of electricity upon assumption of policy. I am a fan of shock therapy.

Poland in 1989 chose to free all prices at once rather than do so gradually. It's been the darling of Central Europe and as of 2019, never suffered a recession despite the Great Recession.

The country is in an utter mess and the president seems unperturbed. He seems to feel that this is the price the country must pay to get back on its feet. It is not. When the eminent economist Pat Utomi criticized the poor state of the economy, it was a pointer that the present policies were not the solution.

The present treatmenr is worse than the disease.

Inclined to disagree here seeing as it's mostly cost push. Did you see the food inflation data?

One thing it may help with though is mopping up all the excess liquidity. Cos I'm still surprised at the plenty idle cash available and being used to chase dollars.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20
One Tyla Perry film dey come out this February

Mea Culpa

cc: iamoyindamola
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20
These are the issues

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20
izzou:
One Tyla Perry film dey come out this February

Mea Culpa

cc: iamoyindamola
Yeah this Friday
The lead actor look like Kelly Rowland
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20
iamoyindamola:

Yeah this Friday
The lead actor look like Kelly Rowland

Yeah

E come be like say e dey predictable.

It's like i already know how it ends, just from the trailer
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20
izzou:

Yeah

E come be like say e dey predictable.

It's like i already know how it ends, just from the trailer
Just checked it's actually Kelly Rowland
Chai she's my long time crush with Gabrielle Union
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20
iamoyindamola:

Just checked it's actually Kelly Rowland
Chai she's my long time crush with Gabrielle Union

Wake up, please angry
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 5:33pm On Feb 20
US$1 = N1,850 at the Black market 🀯🀯
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 5:35pm On Feb 20
izzou:

Wake up, please angry
You no understand how my body they always shake when I see these women
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 5:51pm On Feb 20
iamoyindamola:

You no understand how my body they always shake when I see these women

grin grin grin

Woman wrapper!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20
You have snatched power, oya perform your Lagos miracles.”

- Solomon Dalung (2024)
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 6:20pm On Feb 20
izzou:

- Solomon Dalung (2024)

grin grin grin. Nigeria is bigger than Lagos, something Tinubu fails to understand. All his Economic Team is his boys from Lagos.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20
monerozi5590:

grin grin grin. Nigeria is bigger than Lagos, something Tinubu fails to understand. All his Economic Team is his boys from Lagos.

The team may not be the issue.

The issue is that there was no plan in place as after-measures for the subsidy and floating of the naira.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by ouzo1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 20
No be by gra gra and gboda gboda u fit humble dollar.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:48pm On Feb 20
Iamoyindamola and BlueRayDick
Abeg wetin she dey talk and why these people nor dey regard OBJ?

https://twitter.com/abdullahayofel/status/1759696028331086170?t=mPvPoEv8n32ah44-NOyyfg&s=19
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20
Tinuke!!
Cardi B!!
Show workings 😭
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20
CrystalTiger:
Out of sheer wickedness or whatever, people will ask what Nigerians expect from BAT after eight months in office with the "ROT" he met..

Funny how both policies of Milei and Tinubu are almost the same

Nigeria 2024 budget is 36% less than 2023 while Milei devalued Argentina currency by over 50% in December and removed their fuel subsidies.

Shock therapy is shock therapy.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 6:52pm On Feb 20
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Incognito9: 7:00pm On Feb 20
Ibime:

Funny how both policies of Milei and Tinubu are almost the same

Nigeria 2024 budget is 36% less than 2023 while Milei devalued Argentina currency by over 50% in December and removed their fuel subsidies.

Shock therapy is shock therapy.

In binance peso chart with usdt it's more than this the Google is showing sef

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20
Ibime:

He actually didn't cos his solution is unimplementable in any reasonable timeframe. I no dey argue cos I know Nigerians are angry right now.
No sir. He asked if Nigeria is your private company will you keep a man like Tinubu simply because you feel his replacement will not do things differently?

8 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Dsimmer: 7:01pm On Feb 20
izzou:

Yeah. It is him

The fall of his empire started with the battle of his wives.

Omoh, maybe i am wrong, but i cannot see the advantage of having a polygamous home. Thumbs up to our Muslim brothers, but in the Eastern Nigeria, all the men i know with two wives always have issues.

Of course Polygamy tends to cause conflict. In fact, the world was created in two for balance. Obatala and Oduduwa as one entity representing the creation of the earth. Olokun and Yemoja as one entity representing the water body. Even Eledumare also has his Ela which is his word.

That being said, polygamy is rather a personal choice. Of course I know Mohammad affiliated it with his Islam since Mohammad had lots of several wives which was rather tied to his perverted wayward life. Anyways, I think anyone who wants a polygamous home should ensure he's got the means and he's very industrious enough to take care of every members of his family. It's simply common sense!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:02pm On Feb 20
liveLongNprospa:
Iamoyindamola and BlueRayDick
Abeg wetin she dey talk and why these people nor dey regard OBJ?

https://twitter.com/abdullahayofel/status/1759696028331086170?t=mPvPoEv8n32ah44-NOyyfg&s=19

She's a tribalist who believes Yorubas that are complaining need to endure and not lament because Tinubu is Yoruba.

She says Yorubas that are complaining , those saying "ebi n' pawa", and those doing videos showing they are recording low sales at their business place; they should exercise restraint and allow Tinubu rule as the first real Yoruba to be president in this country .

She is not convinced Obasanjo is Yoruba enough particularly due to the fact that he was ex-military and was more interested in working with other tribes while he was president .

She believes if Yorubas keep complaining loudly about the hardship in the land , other tribes will mock us .

In a nut shell, she's a privileged agba Dorian who believes those lamenting about the hardship in the land just want to give Tinubu bad name. She obviously cares more about her support for Tinubu & his hardship inducing policies than the suffering the people are going through .

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emaprince: 7:11pm On Feb 20
grin cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:15pm On Feb 20
Emaprince:
grin cheesy

O lo lo lo lo lo

Ihe ji mara Dike e rugo!

grin grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by CrystalTiger(m): 7:28pm On Feb 20
Emaprince:
grin cheesy

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 7:30pm On Feb 20
While BlueRayDick tiktok is full of agberoa fighting over nollywood chicks I have to wonder what I am doing with the YouTube algorithm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpC_hO15IoA?si=-svIBbA7LuTBrNZg

Maybe na my pikins
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20
Spy360:

No sir. He asked if Nigeria is your private company will you keep a man like Tinubu simply because you feel his replacement will not do things differently?

Na that one shack you?

Replacement is every 4 years. The only solution he gave was Government should wait for drivers to convert their tank to LNG before dropping subsidy, and that was ludicrous to me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:35pm On Feb 20
GloriousGbola:
While BlueRayDick tiktok is full of agberoa fighting over nollywood chicks I have to wonder what I am doing with the YouTube algorithm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpC_hO15IoA?si=-svIBbA7LuTBrNZg

Maybe na my pikins

Once ur google mail is logged-in on a browser and that same browser is used to open YouTube either by ur kids or spouse ; videos similar to whatever they decide to watch at that time will always pop anytime u later use YouTube by urself .

It will take total clearing of cookies and logging off that google mail account before the algorithm stop.

Sometimes I feel google don steal all our data finish πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

(1) (2) (3) ... (4237) (4238) (4239) (4240) (4241) (4242) (4243) ... (4610) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: OasisX, Olowunl01, iamoyindamola(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.