Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1470908 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4247) (4248) (4249) (4250) (4251) (4252) (4253) ... (4671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GloriousGbola: 3:32pm On Feb 22
izzou:

Was he into music?

I know one back then in 111. Cool guy, but he sold recharge cards till i left and came back

I saw him one day at 2nd Rainbow driving a shuttle bus.

Naa. The guy no dey into anything. When I saw him this afternoon he was in threadbare clothes. I actually feel sad looking at him. I entered uni at 17 so they guy may have been 4 to 5 years older than me.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22
GloriousGbola:

Naa. The guy no dey into anything. When I saw him this afternoon he was in threadbare clothes. I actually feel sad looking at him. I entered uni at 17 so they guy may have been 4 to 5 years older than me.

Maybe I am wrong, and i apologise for stereotyping, but places like Festac and Surulere have a lot of idle youths who are not into crime, and are jobless.

It's true that life happens, but it is common in those places

The reason is because they all have a place to sleep for free; Probably houses their parents won back then.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 3:59pm On Feb 22
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:07pm On Feb 22
As much as the feeding is backward, it is something.

That is why i still believe and insist that there is very little a state can do as regarding economics policies from above.

The only issue with that policy is that 1000 people will be have party chairmen eating half of the slots. Infact, 1000 people is insignificant in almost all the LGAs.

Lets see how it goes sha.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 4:29pm On Feb 22
raumdeuter, Kroos returns to German national team.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:31pm On Feb 22
monerozi5590:
ramdeuter, Kroos returns to German national team.

He is welcome back. Lets hope Germany wins the Euro at home
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 4:33pm On Feb 22
izzou:

Maybe I am wrong, and i apologise for stereotyping, but places like Festac and Surulere have a lot of idle youths who are not into crime, and are jobless.

It's true that life happens, but it is common in those places

The reason is because they all have a place to sleep for free; Probably houses their parents won back then.

This is just the koko. People like that abound in different areas of Lagos; especially old housing estates and private estates where their parents have been resident since 80's.

Me and my friend still discussed about those egbon adugbo this last Sunday. The last time both of us went to our old neighborhood we saw those egbons in pitiful state. U know seeing egbons wey don finish secondary school tey tey when u still dey primary 3.; seeing them lazying about still doing absolutely nothing productive till date.

Some of them have kids that are adults now; yet these egbons who married in their parent's flat just sit at junctions and "abe igi" watching out for any "omo ologo" driving by to buy them food and drinks. They practically live on billing people.

While some of them didn't proceed beyond secondary school, some of them actaully have OND and HND, didn't get job after few years and just gave up the dream. They never bothered to learn any trade nor go into buying & selling.

Just like u, I believe having a roof over their head was their albatross. On saturdays they go to event centers, attend as many parties as they can, eat and drink to their fill

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22
BlueRayDick:

This is just the koko. People like that abound in different areas of Lagos; especially old housing estates and private estates where their parents have been resident since 80's.

Me and my friend still discussed about those egbon adugbo this last Sunday. The last time both of us went to our old neighborhood we saw those egbons in pitiful state. U know seeing egbons wey don finish secondary school tey tey when u still dey primary 3.; seeing them lazying about still doing absolutely nothing productive till date.

Some of them have kids that are adults now; yet these egbons who married in their parent's flat just sit at junctions and "abe igi" watching out for any "omo ologo" driving by to buy them food and drinks. They practically live on billing people.

While some of them didn't proceed beyond secondary school, some of them actaully have OND and HND, didn't get job after few years and just gave up the dream. They never bothered to learn any trade nor go into buying & selling.

Just like u, I believe having a roof over their head was their albatross. On saturdays they go to event centers, attend as many parties as they can, eat and drink to their fill

In Lagos, the major problem that will spur you to hustle is house rent.

You can drink water and biscuit in 366 days, but having a place to sleep is most important. Once you have this, almost all problems are easier

These guys have a particular routine

Wake up
Hang around Mama puts to see who go pay for food
Move to Bet9ja shops and hang around there
By evening, move to a local bar to look for one or two bottles
Go home late to sleep.

Very common in places like Festac and Surulere

Men with white beards and two kids doing nothing, as long as housing is taken care of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by A001: 5:16pm On Feb 22
Sportsweb:
Is this juju or he is doing tricks?

https://fb.watch/qn6GIi9Vuo/?mibextid=AQBXeECoIFSgMqhe
If it's not an AI-generated video, then it's simply all those shows where a magician exploits the entanglement inherent in nature to manipulate people's perception of reality.

It's scientific. No juju is involved, except the use of exotic materials/energies (special kind of matter).
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Feb 22
izzou:

You can drink water and biscuit in 366 days, but having a place to sleep is most important. Once you have this, almost all problems are easier

Wake up
Go home late to sleep.

Men with white beards and two kids doing nothing, as long as housing is taken care of.

The girlfriends wey born for them that one don carry wahala
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 5:29pm On Feb 22
izzou:

Wake up
Go home late to sleep.

It irks me that they bring innocent kids into this world to come and continue their generational poverty. People that should have no business making babies at all.

Funny enough, they always seem to know their way around women; their lack of ambition and laziness does not even scare the women that lay with them. Some of them even get to wife once-beautiful ladies.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Realmrsean: 5:42pm On Feb 22
BlueRayDick:

It irks me that they bring innocent kids into this world to come and continue their generational poverty. People that should have no business making babies at all.

Funny enough, they always seem to know their way around women; their lack of ambition and laziness does not even scare the women that lay with them. Some of them even get to wife once-beautiful ladies.
when kids are born, it'd be like.. "oh this one is going to be great in future "

But when they get older, jungle matures and life sets in.. then you'd know dreams and wishes are not horses 🐎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 6:33pm On Feb 22
Earlier today, I had a media chat where I announced over 10 policy measures backed with data that will go into effect immediately to aid our residents during these challenging times.

From flexible work policies for public servants to subsidy on government owned transportation channels to elements of free healthcare for certain key areas to launching affordable market spaces, every step is designed to uplift every Lagosian.

Let me share a bit more…

First, we are introducing a 3-day work week for Levels 1-13 civil servants, this measure aims to provide relief and flexibility reflecting our commitment to the workforce's well-being.

We are also implementing a 25% reduction on transport services for the State Public Transport system (BRT, Train, Ferry), putting back over ₦500 million monthly into the pockets of Lagosians. With the Red Line Rail about to be launched, there will be a lot more options for our residents. We are also in discussions with various unions to reduce their own fares, and we will announce any new developments.

To address rising food prices, we will be opening Sunday Markets across 42 identified markets across the state to sell food items at really affordable rates. Lagosians will be able to buy commodities, not above the N25,000 threshold. We aim to serve over 500,000 Lagosians with essential food items at rates that defy inflation.

Four more food hubs are under construction and seven other locations in other LGAs have also been identified for more food hubs to be developed.

Our healthcare initiatives are set to benefit over 50,000 women annually with free childbirth services across the State’s General Hospitals and secondary health facilities, alongside distributing free hypertensive medications to individuals in need.

In our quest for a safer Lagos, over 200 unsafe structures have been demolished, prioritizing the safety of over 1 million residents. Major changes have happened at Obalende, Oshodi, Agege, Ijora and other areas. Our commitment to law and order is unwavering, ensuring a lawful and secure environment for all.

I am a big advocate for state policing and the Lagos Neighbourhood Agency has over 5000 officers and I have given approval for more to be employed. If the Federal Government approves full state policing, we will be ready to deploy 10,000 men with more training.

With the Lagos State Real Estate Regulatory Authority resolving over 1,000 tenant-landlord disputes, we continue to stand by the rights of our residents. We're dedicated to ensuring fairness in housing for every Lagosian especially during these times.

On road infrastructure, we are set to start work on 180 inner roads across the various local government areas. This will be undertaken by our empowered council chairmen and they will fix 120 roads concurrently. The State Government will support this effort by rehabilitating 60 inner roads.

On the 4th Mainland Bridge, groundbreaking will be done in April signifying our relentless pursuit of progress. This monumental project will not only improve connectivity but also drive economic growth, marking a historic milestone for Lagos. It will be done in phases and I will continue to give timely updates.

On our partnerships with other states, we are working on improving collaboration with the Ogun State Government on various projects including taking up the stalled construction project especially from Sango area. We have also secured 500 hectares of land in Ogun State, to grow rice.

Already, the Red Line has entered Ogun State, and we are discussing ways to do more extensions. We are also always supportive of the Oyo State Government like with the recent unfortunate disaster where we provided material and expertise to achieve faster resolution.

This is the time for all of us to come together as brothers and sisters as we creatively find ways to thrive during this period.

I will continue to provide updates as we come up with more solutions.

- Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by odizeey(m): 7:13pm On Feb 22
OasisX:
grin

........Good or Bad?!

Governor Jide Sanwoolu says the State will also identify caterers and ‘Mama Put’ in each LGA to feed over 1,000 people per day in All LGAs (at least once a day).
Be there.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22
The BRT and rail is still cheaper compared to the service. No need to subsidize that one.

Rather, the subsidy should be moved to the commercial buses.

For me, put your agents in all commercial parks.

As these buses carry passengers, let the driver collect 75% of the fee, while the agent credits the 25% to the driver. That way, more areas will feel the impact

The only thing they need to do is work on a budget.

If na 100 million per month, so be it. If the 100 million finish on the 3rd of the month, We wait till the next one
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Ibime(m): 7:15pm On Feb 22
GloriousGbola:
@ibime

I read that soros made a billion shorting the British pound. Is that part of what is happening here? Speculators betting against the naira?

It is not speculation. Those most in the know about the state of CBNs finances are the first to de-risk from Naira. That's why State Governments convert their allocations as soon as they get it.

I will not be surprised if a State Governor who received N500bln allocation when Naira was N700 is still rendering account at N500bln. Meanwhile he converted to dollars, dollar is now N1,800 and he pocket the N1,100 difference. On paper it would seem he hasn't stolen money but in reality he stole more than the worst kleptocrat.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22
Simple as ABC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:18pm On Feb 22
raumdeuter:

The girlfriends wey born for them that one don carry wahala

People in this category no dey lack girls oh

As the guys dey lazy around, dem get girls wey dey lazy around too.

Kpatakpata, dem open POS for you as empowerment initiative

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 7:21pm On Feb 22
BlueRayDick:

Yes naa.

When i went back to the area where i was born and grew up, it was as if nothing changed much.

Just introduction of new faces that probably relocated there.

The old faces were still there, both men and women. The same spots where they hung out...Lol

Na so the lifestyle be.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:21pm On Feb 22
OlamideBamide:
NA ESSAY we go chop

grin

.....yet you quoted whole of it?! LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 8:22pm On Feb 22
Iamoyindamola ur guy Sanwoolu just keeps going back and forth on the BRT fare increment/reduction . This is like the third time he's doing on and off .

During COVID-19 period he rescued the price and later jacked it up. During the naira scarcity he reduced and jacked it up . Immediately the subsidy removal he did same thing .

Now he's doing the same with the after effects of floating dollar and subsidy removal induced hardship .

The funny thing is each time the redbud toon is lifted , the price always get increased and never goes back to normal .

I still don't believe BRT is a public-private initiative sha . I believe it's government that runs it 100% and they just put the private companies there as figurehead/proxies .
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:23pm On Feb 22
OlamideBamide:
Olodo.. I quoted as sarcasm

and so you know how boring it is

grin

.....Ọmọwé! I don't know its Sakariyau. LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:26pm On Feb 22
What is happening in Edo state?

Two parties, 4 candidates
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:29pm On Feb 22
Itsrm:
Simple as ABC.

This is one good point

Another is to increase other things we export not just crude cos when crude oil prices drop the shege wont be part 2

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22
izzou:

Wake up
Go home late to sleep.

I know this well well, thank God for music in ojb life he indirectly led the same lifestyle
That's why he was feeling entitled when he was sick
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:32pm On Feb 22
iamoyindamola:

I know this well well, thank God for music in ojb life he indirectly led the same lifestyle
That's why he was feeling entitled when he was sick

The ones who broke out sef never came back, because of the crowd wey go one feast on you back in the hood.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22
Lmao.. The export we are doing is what government through customs is stopping and branding the exporters as criminals abi how else do you export.
Now FG has stopped gas exports too.
So from your suggestion, you see that the man you support is an idiot😂😂

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by iamoyindamola(m): 8:34pm On Feb 22
izzou:

The ones who broke out sef never came back, because of the crowd wey go one feast on you back in the hood.
That's because they are all birds of a feather that wine and dine
If you have collect before people will be waiting to collect from you too
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 8:36pm On Feb 22
liveLongNprospa:
Lmao.. The export we are doing is what government through customs is stopping and branding the exporters as criminals abi how else do you export.
Now FG has stopped gas exports too.
So from your suggestion, you see that the man you support is an idiot😂😂

The reason was to increase supply so it can be cheaper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4247) (4248) (4249) (4250) (4251) (4252) (4253) ... (4671) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: codeb(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.