Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1434025 Views)

EPL 2023/2024: Who Would You Say Is The Flop Of The Season? / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) ... (4629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Sportsweb: 10:52pm On Apr 16
DissTroy:
I'm an F.C. Barcelona fan who also supports Arsenal F.C.

Football is a cruel thing to get invested in sometimes.
Be Honest Please. You are an Arsenal fans that jumped to Barcelona when the going was tough at Arsenal
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 10:53pm On Apr 16
grin

......sad News.

Some benefits of Single Window Initiative are as follows;

- Simplify imports & exports by reducing the number of forms required.

- Reduce the time & cost spent on import & export procedures.

- Improve the ease of doing business by harmonizing processes & documents.

- Achieve a 24-hour clearance of goods at the nation’s ports

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 10:54pm On Apr 16
Ibime:

I actually see sense in User09 arguments. The truth is somewhere in-between his argument and LordAdams

The volume of dollars that would be needed to increase Naira value by 40% is way more than $2 bln

I have seen CBN spend ten billion in short time frame just for Naira to stand still.

Without full disclosure of CBN accounts, I believe the Binance move as well as the NAFEM move took out some speculative noise and allowed Cardi to move the market with much less dollars than was needed before. Cardi really studied the situation and his prescription hit the mark. I also cannot discount State Governors profit taking which might be a phenomenon outside of the ambit of CBNs powers. Governors had been converting their allocations to dollars and would now be converting it back, giving them more Naira to prosecute their budgets.

Still, there is no loss for those holding dollars. Never in the history of niggadom has Naira appreciated over a reasonable timeframe and it will still meet that N2k within a medium term timeframe.

All said, much kudos to Cardi B.

I believe there's an angle nobody is talking about. What about the foreign loans ?

Did we get any new foreign loan that is being used to perform some of these miracles ? What about the existing foreign loans we have ? How far gone are we into servicing them ?

I am aware we've had increase in foreign remittances and international oil prices are doing us favor thus far ; but I believe CBN disclosing its full account is where the full answer lies . Anything aside that; we will just be making assumptions
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by YoshihideSuga: 11:01pm On Apr 16
DissTroy:

Perhaps you'd point me to what made you ask this? I had to filter-search Facebook from April 1 to now immediately I saw this, but no results returned for clashes.

I only know they were isolated skirmishes with farmers around 2021 in parts of 3 LGAs: Ibesikpo Asutan, Ibiono Ibom and Itu LGAs. I've not heard or read of such since the anti-grazing law was passed.

Maybe there are skirmishes I don't know about so maybe point me to the piece of news which prompted the question?

Thanks for answering the question.

I intend to invest into the cultivation of a certain cash crop in the state, so I needed to know where to avoid. The last thing I want is having issues with Fulani herdsmen.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:15pm On Apr 16
Sportsweb:
Be Honest Please. You are an Arsenal fans that jumped to Barcelona when the going was tough at Arsenal

No, I've always been a Cuker. All my life. But if you are a Culer, you'd know most Culers have a soft spot for Arsenal. The Barça - Arsenal comradeship story isn't a new thing. Ask around.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DissTroy(m): 11:24pm On Apr 16
YoshihideSuga:

Thanks for answering the question.

I intend to invest into the cultivation of a certain cash crop in the state, so I needed to know where to avoid. The last thing I want is having issues with Fulani herdsmen.

None that hasn't been nipped in the bud from what I know.

If you haven't gotten land yet, I'd say go for LGAs with large landmass and land to spare where the urbanisation drive isn't on steroids.

LGAs like Ini, Ikono, parts of Mkpat Enin, parts of Oruk Anam. The interiors. Affordable too.

Flee from anyone who offers you a place in Ibesikpo and Uruan. They are large but you might lose your investment to government interests and right of way. Or at least be certain you get approval from the Ministry of Lands. Most lands have been purchased too so you'd likely not get a very large stretch of land for your investment.

Mkpat Enin and Oruk Anam LGAs are very accessible from/to Uyo and Port Harcourt too. Ini and Ikono are at the extreme ends of the state so far from the capital, Calabar, and Port Harcourt.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by User09: 12:28am On Apr 17
User09:

Here you go. Same thing that was trashed out earlier.

BTW, you know what's funny and I think I mentioned it in one of my responses earlier,

Using the external reserves to defend the Naira is one of the major functions of the CBN and it is explicitly stated on their website. All I have said is there's no evidence of this so far.

Sovereign wealth fund is different from reserves which I imagine most people should be more concerned about.

Hi Itsrm,

I made a mental note to come back to provide more clarity on the bolded and you can see it in the link below.

Take a look at number 3 and you'll see why I'm bringing it up. CBN has no reason to deny the obvious given that it is a major part of its core mandate. Until that claim is made and any evidence is provided, then we can make the association.

So far so good, market participants are yet to see them interfere in the fx rate dynamics

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/aboutcbn/

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 5:54am On Apr 17
User09:

Hi Itsrm,

I made a mental note to come back to provide more clarity on the bolded and you can see it in the link below.

Take a look at number 3 and you'll see why I'm bringing it up. CBN has no reason to deny the obvious given that it is a major part of its core mandate. Until that claim is made and any evidence is provided, then we can make the association.

So far so good, market participants are yet to see them interfere in the fx rate dynamics

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/aboutcbn/

Thing is, there's nothing else that explains the foreign reserve depleting by 2.1bn in one month. The backlog they paid was 1.5bn. Remember they also claim to have received 1.5bn from FPIs. If 1.5bn from FPIs nets off 1.5bn used to clear backlog, where did 2.1bn go?

Yes, it's their core mandate to use the reserves to defend the currency so the question is why they are hiding it.

My guess, they know the implication of coming out clean which is, people will know the exchange rate is only headed in one direction-downwards.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:01am On Apr 17
OasisX:
grin

.....Yes PBAT administration met $34 billion in our foreign reserve [June 2023], but do we really care whether its being properly managed or not?!

The Administration has made many settlements in Dollars, yet foreign reserve just depleted by $1.2 billion. By the way, Bloomberg is finally a credible source to all parties?! Halleluyah. LOL!

In case una need to know wetin don sup so far;

- This administration paid $500 million Eurobond in July 2023.

- Paid external debt in Q4 - $900 million.

- Paid CBN legacy debt of $7 billion.

- Paid ways and means debt of $4 billion.

- Paid $1 billion to the USA government for weapons in November 2023.

You can google search any of the above for confirmations. Una suppose dey hail PBAT walahi. LOL!

This is from Opebee and it makes no sense. Foreign reserve has gone down 2.1bn IN ONE MONTH.

What has all the payment in 2023 gotten to do with it?

6 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:12am On Apr 17
Is the government paying subsidy?

Minister: https://twitter.com/nifemioguntoye/status/1780384964883673192
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:28am On Apr 17
Itsrm:
Is the government paying subsidy?

Minister: https://twitter.com/nifemioguntoye/status/1780384964883673192

LMAO grin

Minister for peteroleum for state was asked if FG is paying subsidy and his response is " If Anybody is saying subsidy is being paid , it is left for the person to bring out the facts " even in the face of overwhelming and damning evidence . Almost immediately after that statement he had to admit the pump price is not determined by market forces but he's not willing to discuss what then dictates the price if not market forces . grin

This just tells u all u need to know about APC government , propaganda and gaslighting . They are inseparable triplets.

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 6:37am On Apr 17
Itsrm:

Thing is, there's nothing else that explains the foreign reserve depleting by 2.1bn in one month. The backlog they paid was 1.5bn. Remember they also claim to have received 1.5bn from FPIs. If 1.5bn from FPIs nets off 1.5bn used to clear backlog, where did 2.1bn go?

Yes, it's their core mandate to use the reserves to defend the currency so the question is why they are hiding it.

My guess, they know the implication of coming out clean which is, people will know the exchange rate is only headed in one direction-downwards.

The reason they are hiding it is simply political .

Yemi Cardoso even though he's a "technocrat" is also a political appointee who was nominated for the CBN role by his friend Tinubu ( the president ).

If they should come out clean they know the people will figure things out and Tinubu's political opponents will not only weaponize the information but the after effects of the public's reaction to it.

We all see how the reserves depletion under Jonathan was weaponized and even till date he's being vilified for things APC expects u to applaud Tinubu for in 2024

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 6:53am On Apr 17
BlueRayDick:

LMAO grin

Minister for peteroleum for state was asked if FG is paying subsidy and his response is " If Anybody is saying subsidy is being paid , it is left for the person to bring out the facts " even in the face of overwhelming and damning evidence . Almost immediately after that statement he had to admit the pump price is not determined by market forces but he's not willing to discuss what then dictates the price if not market forces . grin

This just tells u all u need to know about APC government , propaganda and gaslighting . They are inseparable triplets.

The funny thing is, even if you bring Mele Kyari, that's the best you're going to get grin

Why is it so difficult admitting something that's so obvious? Okay, lets say it makes Tinubu look like a clown after famously declaring subsidy gone. Is that the first time he has gone back on things he said or did?

Maybe they are scared of IMF and the likes not granting them loans if they admit it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:10am On Apr 17
Itsrm:

This is from Opebee and it makes no sense. Foreign reserve has gone down 2.1bn IN ONE MONTH.

What has all the payment in 2023 gotten to do with it?

grin

......alright. let's leave out 2023 part. Which Year and Month CBN cleared $7 billlion forex backlogs?!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 7:19am On Apr 17
OasisX:

grin

......alright. let's leave out 2023 part. Which Year and Month CBN cleared $7 billlion forex backlogs?!

They cleared the final 1.5bn in March and also received 1.5bn from FPIs. Where did 2.1bn go?

5 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:20am On Apr 17
grin

......when I said FCCPC, DSS and EFCC may intervene to curb greediness of traders, marketers in the country, one dôlt was vomiting in the mouth like epileptic patient. LOL!

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:32am On Apr 17
Itsrm:

They cleared the final 1.5bn in March and also received 1.5bn from FPIs. Where did 2.1bn go?

grin

........your worries will be addressed at next MPC press briefing bro.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 7:37am On Apr 17
Itsrm:

The funny thing is, even if you bring Mele Kyari, that's the best you're going to get grin

Why is it so difficult in admitting something that's so obvious? Okay, lets say it makes Tinubu look like a clown after famously declaring subsidy gone. Is that the first time he has gone back on things he said or did?

Maybe they are scared of IMF and the likes not granting them loans if they admit it.

Let them keep deceiving themselves and their guillible supporters with propaganda

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 7:56am On Apr 17
📌📌📌

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:01am On Apr 17
Lmaooo.. This is what happens when you trade your brain to opeebee.
Atleast do research on your own to defend what you have copied.

Only one observation from itsrm and you don shutdown.
Same old same old.

11 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 8:16am On Apr 17
Ibime:

You just remind me to go watch am after I done plan sweet sleep wey my body need

You don see am? How you feel that episode?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:18am On Apr 17
grin

.........this Nigga on drip still dey make noise?! Una believe wetin una want believe, so you expect me wasting my time?! User09 argued with valid points yesterday, una got convinced?! LOL!

..................buy the dip geng. LMFAO!

4 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:26am On Apr 17
grin

Sad News: Student Loan Scheme set for take off with 1.2m beneficiaries

According to the Nigerian Education Loan Fund (NELFUND’s) Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO), Mr. Akintunde Sawyer, 1.2 million young Nigerians will be in the first batch of those to benefit from the Student Loan Scheme of the Bola Ahmed Tinubu Administration.

The scheme will be funded with 1% of the total annual collectable revenue by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:45am On Apr 17
OasisX:
grin

.........this Nigga on drip still dey make noise?! Una believe wetin una want believe, so you expect me wasting my time?! User09 argued with valid points yesterday, una got convinced?! LOL!

..................buy the dip geng. LMFAO!
Perhaps, he bought the dip too.

OasisX, easy on dip buyers na.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Amigoss: 8:47am On Apr 17
So they cannot directly regulate prices grin,Here I was thinking they will forcefully regulate the prices at giveaway for consumers or get traders and marketers arrested....A failed catfish business owner wants to dictate to traders,marketers how to run their business,No wonder dem see you as Uzon and run your catfish business down...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by afrodoc2: 8:56am On Apr 17
nihilistjnr:
Mariko-sama will go down as one of the most legendary characters in TV.

9 gun salute for you.

That is how to go out in a blaze of glory.

It is also noteworthy that she reaffirmed Okafor’s Law one more time before she exited the stage.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:56am On Apr 17
GrammarNazi1:

Perhaps, he bought the dip too.

Oasis, easy on dip buyers na.

grin

.....make dem buy more dip o, drips ain't gonna come cheap either. LOL!

Nana Aishat said, babu wahala, make dem still hold their dollars. LOL!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 8:58am On Apr 17
grin

.....Ooin!

Wetin that dólt posted about the catfish biz that went south pain me no be small.

Twérp hits me below the belt, o jo mi lára gan. LMFAO!

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by monerozi5590: 8:59am On Apr 17
liveLongNprospa:
Lmaooo.. This is what happens when you trade your brain to opeebee.
Atleast do research on your own to defend what you have copied.

Only one observation from itsrm and you don shutdown.
Same old same old.

What's opeebee?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:01am On Apr 17
monerozi5590:

What's opeebee?

grin

.....ain't you on Twitter [X]?! LOL!
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:09am On Apr 17
grin

.....why dem dey buy the dips, some dey buy virgin land. Agbado and Cassava plantations loading.

Watchout for updates on this board. LOL!

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 9:21am On Apr 17
grin

Sad News:

“The Port Harcourt refinery has received crude oil, and it has been stocked in the facility. All crude lines are currently active. Regulatory and compliance tests are underway as we speak, and once they are completed, the refinery will commence operations. This adherence to best practices is recognised worldwide.”

- Olufemi Soneye [NNPCL Chief Corporate Communications Officer]

(1) (2) (3) ... (4573) (4574) (4575) (4576) (4577) (4578) (4579) ... (4629) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: islamics(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.